Dugan - Zillman

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Shezza
Laurie Daley

Dugan - Zillman

Post by Shezza »

Remember the outrage on here when Zillman left .... in hindsight ... what was all the fuss about. Was he ever even that good? I for one haven't seen anything special yet, was it all hype when he was here?

He got totally burnt by Phil and Herb today. Has Herb ever even burnt anyone for speed?

Dugan - what a gun!! (Dugan x 50%) > Zillman
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: Dugan - Zillman

Post by DJ89 »

Shezza wrote:Remember the outrage on here when Zillman left .... in hindsight ... what was all the fuss about. Was he ever even that good? I for one haven't seen anything special yet, was it all hype when he was here?

He got totally burnt by Phil and Herb today. Has Herb ever even burnt anyone for speed?

Dugan - what a gun!! (Dugan x 50%) > Zillman
Zillman had a handful of good touches for us, Dugan is a much better prospect.

When Herbert chased Hayne earlier this year i always thought he had speed but he suprised me today. Would be a good FB im thinking.
nodrog
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by nodrog »

agreed.
i don't think zillman is playing to his potential at all right now though.
dugan certainly played better today
aussie1st
David Furner

Post by aussie1st »

Zilly left us pretty early last year and we hadn't seen much of Dugan at that point. But now I'm glad Zillman didn't stay as he would have kept Dugan out of FG. He probably is more a 5/8 anyway. Was surprised Herbert burnt him though, hes never been talked about as having that much speed unless Zilly has lost some speed due to the reconstructions.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I had massive wraps on Zillman. He is a freak of an athlete, which all of his team mates have publically stated. The thing is he hasn't delivered consistently enough in first grade.

Dugan looks born to play first grade footy. I love watching the guy play. We've had 3 outstanding fullbacks at the Raiders over the years, I think we may have finally found the 4th.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Zillman was always a poor mans McLinden IMO. Is a handy utility to have running from the bench but he tends to stunt the attack with his herky jerky running style.

Dugan has been excellent since he came back into grade.
Stuat
Gary Belcher

Post by Stuat »

Dugan is a fantastic talent. He was once again great for us today.

Zillman has had a horror run with injuries, he has done his ACL in both knees..Whether he ever lives up to the potential we all saw in the lower grades (5 tries in a PL league match etc) because of the effect of those injuries is unknown but i wouldn't right him of just yet...
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Dugan just looks like such a natural out there ....

good job guys at the game booing zillman... could here it clearly on the tv.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I was stunned at the extent of ill feeling towards Zillman from the crowd today. Every time he came near the ball he was roundly boo-ed. I did not expect that... seems the Raiders faithful were not willing to be forgiving for... taking advantage of the club's development program... and then disappearing at the first opportunity...
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

oh yeah - :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: -thats for the crowd for giving it to Zillman every time he touched the ball. Lets hope he dreads playing at Bruce in the future.

(beat me to it GE)
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

greeneyed wrote:I was stunned at the extent of ill feeling towards Zillman from the crowd today. Every time he came near the ball he was roundly boo-ed. I did not expect that... seems the Raiders faithful were not willing to be forgiving for... taking advantage of the club's development program... and then disappearing at the first opportunity...
He did us the favor of all favors.
#BoneMcCrone
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

I don't think Zillman will ever perform to people's expectations of him. IMO he is very overrated, we saw basically nothing from him here in FG.

Dugan has that natural instinct, the awareness and vision, that "thing" that you can't teach rugby league players it has to come from within. No matter how well Milne performs he is not and never will be anywhere near Dugan's level as a Fullback because he simply doesn't have the same instincts
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

greeneyed wrote:I was stunned at the extent of ill feeling towards Zillman from the crowd today. Every time he came near the ball he was roundly boo-ed. I did not expect that... seems the Raiders faithful were not willing to be forgiving for... taking advantage of the club's development program... and then disappearing at the first opportunity...
Fair enough too. As I said before, I was a big Zilly fan..but I booed with the rest of em.

Right now about the only ex-Raider I wouldn't boo is Mick Weyman. The rest are public enemy number 1. Zillman pissed off on us and he deserves what he gets.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Seiffert82 wrote:Right now about the only ex-Raider I wouldn't boo is Mick Weyman
Agree, I've got a soft spot for the big guy ... would love to see him back in green but I doubt that will happen.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Zillman's departure from the Raiders was surprisingly low profile compared to that of other players who have had similar departures.

I'm glad the crowd gave it to him, and rightly so.... we invest so much in the guy, we persevere with him and he takes us all for suckers.
Frankly players like this can go and get stuffed, they aren't welcome at the Raiders nor will they ever be. We're all fed up with acts like this, and I hope in a few years Zillman realises just how lucky he was for a club like the Raiders to put so much faith in him when he becomes a washed up journeyman
Raiders Chick
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raiders Chick »

Seiffert82 wrote:
Fair enough too. As I said before, I was a big Zilly fan..but I booed with the rest of em.

Right now about the only ex-Raider I wouldn't boo is Mick Weyman. The rest are public enemy number 1. Zillman pissed off on us and he deserves what he gets.

Ditto to that!! I had lots of fun booing Zillman today!!
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Honestly its like coming home from work and discovering someone has come in and stolen a nice CRT TV and then discovering you have a flatscreen TV hidden in the backshed.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Pete Cash wrote:Honestly its like coming home from work and discovering someone has come in and stolen a nice CRT TV and then discovering you have a flatscreen TV hidden in the backshed.
:lol:
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Pete Cash wrote:Honestly its like coming home from work and discovering someone has come in and stolen a nice CRT TV and then discovering you have a flatscreen TV hidden in the backshed.
Haha yeah that sums it up pretty well
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

Bay56 wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:Right now about the only ex-Raider I wouldn't boo is Mick Weyman
Agree, I've got a soft spot for the big guy ... would love to see him back in green but I doubt that will happen.
Yeah I'd say he would be very happy playing at the Dragons under Wayne Bennett.
Paullyboy
Brett Mullins

Post by Paullyboy »

afgtnk wrote:
Zillman's departure from the Raiders was surprisingly low profile compared to that of other players who have had similar departures.
I think it was low profile because he was injured as per usual
christoraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by christoraider »

give me duggan any day of the week , he will be special
nice to hear the crowd boo today , also raiders army chanting traitor
go josh :clap:
zillman who ?
JohanV
Brett Mullins

Post by JohanV »

dugan=mullins wrote:oh yeah - :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: -thats for the crowd for giving it to Zillman every time he touched the ball. Lets hope he dreads playing at Bruce in the future.

(beat me to it GE)
Bad sportsmanship won't win you any friends. he is a football player trying to earn a living.
Do you think Weyman gives us the finger everytime he playes State of Origin?
JohanV
Brett Mullins

Post by JohanV »

christoraider wrote:give me duggan any day of the week , he will be special
nice to hear the crowd boo today , also raiders army chanting traitor
go josh :clap:
zillman who ?
Even thought there were a mere 10 000 people in the stadium, the Raiders Platoon could harly be heard. The magpies in the trees near the SW stands were louder.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

JohanV wrote:
dugan=mullins wrote:oh yeah - :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: -thats for the crowd for giving it to Zillman every time he touched the ball. Lets hope he dreads playing at Bruce in the future.

(beat me to it GE)
Bad sportsmanship won't win you any friends. he is a football player trying to earn a living.
Betraying people who have put so much time, money and faith into you won't win you too many friends either I don't think
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

afgtnk wrote:
JohanV wrote:

(beat me to it GE)
Betraying people who have put so much time, money and faith into you won't win you too many friends either I don't think
Mate that goes both ways ... what we did to Ricky and Brad also deserves mention.
-LG-
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by -LG- »

Booing Zillman? :thumbsdown

And the guy is a freak, he's just not being used right by the Titans.

Have we all forgotten Rnd 3 2007?
Poida_Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Poida_Raider »

i must say that i didnt quite understand all the booing.
nor do i understand all the people bagging him on here this year.
when he left i actually dont remember anyone being too upset about it, most actually wished him all the best and hope he got the injury monkey off his back. players change clubs all the time and we dont know what the offers or conditions were on his negotiations.

get off his back and just wish him the best. we all know that he could be a very good player. he does seem to be getting some confidence back.

i will however make it known that i think dugan is fantastic and pulled off a brilliant try saving tackle on that man zillman. the same tackle which saw carney really hurt. that didnt look nice. my dad is a bulldogs supporter but he watches a lot of games with me and he loves dugan too. think's he is the business. call's him darcy, apparently some old crook or something.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Bay56 wrote:
afgtnk wrote:
JohanV wrote:

(beat me to it GE)
Mate that goes both ways ... what we did to Ricky and Brad also deserves mention.
Yes I agree, the way we treated those 2 legends (especially Clyde) were treated was a disgrace. I'm sure many Raiders fans can attest to that. Hopefully we will never see something like that again.

Doesn't mean what Zillman did to us makes him exempt from us booing him though
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Lime Green wrote:Booing Zillman? :thumbsdown

And the guy is a freak, he's just not being used right by the Titans.

Have we all forgotten Rnd 3 2007?
So where is he supposed to be used? He is not good enough for centre, doesn't play on the wing and would not be suitable enough for the halves. Defence is not strong enough for hooker, which leaves no more positions for him to play.
Jack of all trades, master of none.....

What he did way back in R3 2007 was donkeys years ago, and a game where every single player was on fire for the Raiders. What else has he done since then?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

JohanV wrote:

(beat me to it GE)
Turn it up. :lol:

I pay good money every year to boo the opposition. It's not **** golf.

But you seem content bagging your own team so each to their own I guess.
Last edited by Seiffert82 on July 5, 2009, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

I booed him, its all just a bit of fun isn't it? I would still like Zilly to do well but its part of the game, making him feel uncomfortable when he comes back to his 'home' ground.

I wish people would stop taking everything so god damn seriously.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I joined in the boo-ing too. Well deserved IMO.
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

greeneyed wrote:I joined in the boo-ing too. Well deserved IMO.
:thumbsup
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Butters wrote:I booed him, its all just a bit of fun isn't it? I would still like Zilly to do well but its part of the game, making him feel uncomfortable when he comes back to his 'home' ground.

I wish people would stop taking everything so god damn seriously.
Thats right. I booed Monas like my life depended on it when he played for the Goosters. Now he's back in green and I love the bloke.

Good luck to Zillman. I wish him all the best, but when he plays at Bruce Stadium he deserves a gobfull and I hope he plays like ****. :D