Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Dugan - Zillman

Post by Seiffert82 »

Damn straight.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Thank the good lord that that basket case is in somebody elses stable.

Soon to be a QLD Red..He has not got league bone in his body.
This place is woke.
-LG-
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by -LG- »

Meh, this debate is not about whether it is "tasteful" to boo opposition players.

It's about whether William Zillman deserved it based on the way he left the club.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Lime Green wrote:Meh, this debate is not about whether it is "tasteful" to boo opposition players.

It's about whether William Zillman deserved it based on the way he left the club.
Yes and it deserved a big BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

greeneyed wrote:
Lime Green wrote:Meh, this debate is not about whether it is "tasteful" to boo opposition players.

:woot: :lol:
Stuat
Gary Belcher

Post by Stuat »

And given the information we have (ie not much), both sides of the argument are defensible...Its a pointless argument...
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

Butters wrote:I booed him, its all just a bit of fun isn't it? I would still like Zilly to do well but its part of the game, making him feel uncomfortable when he comes back to his 'home' ground.

I wish people would stop taking everything so god damn seriously.
x2.

did people expect everyone to cheer him everytime he got the ball :?:

FTR- Walker copped it way worse then Zillman. They are all professional athletes, booing is very tame, I wouldn't even call it abuse.
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

GE, Question, Buc, Tragic, Seiffert - all on fire in this thread :lol: :clap:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

greeneyed wrote:

irl lol

(It was so good I used lowercase acronyms. n00b!)
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
-LG-
Steve Walters

Post by -LG- »

Schifty wrote:did people expect everyone to cheer him everytime he got the ball

Absolutely not. But what did he do to provoke such a comparatively negative response to his team-mates?

It's not like he eye-gouged one of our guys, or left the club on bad terms, or anything like that.

What's bizarre is that I distinctly remember you being very defensive of Zilly's decision to move to QLD on the GH last year, Schifty.

I do get it...people find booing the opposition to be part of supporting the Raiders at the ground. It's unsporting IMO and not something I'm into, but whatever floats your boat.

I'm simply surprised at how strongly Zilly was singled out to cop it. His booing was very audible on Fox. I would have expected fans to direct their attention at someone like Daniel Conn, but seemingly they didn't...or if they did it was in small numbers.

All I'm doing is expressing surprise that there was residual hostility there. People were obviously more resentful about him leaving then I realised! ;)
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

Leaving on good terms, bad terms... I think the Canberra public feel like he (Zillman) didn't pay the club back for all the rehab work on the two knee recos, by sticking around and giving something back to the club. I'm well aware he was a cleanskin and would have been an excellent face for the club. But even so, I can understand the boos.

Ruben Wiki has been cheered every time he's been back to Canberra. I think because the public know that no-one could have asked more for the man and what he gave the club and its' supporters.

If Todd Carney returns to the NRL with another side, that road trip to Canberra will be interesting ;)
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

thickos wrote:If Todd Carney returns to the NRL with another side, that road trip to Canberra will be interesting ;)
Ohhhh, mate. Todd Carney....

I think he may draw an extra 1000 people throught the gates just to booo him. He will surely take the crown from Finch.
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Some of the behaviour in this thread is deplorable, discraceful and downright anti-sport..... :P

LG - normally the voice of reason - massive knock on here though mate. Booing the opposition is part of sport - its tribal, its all part of the us against them mentality. Spitting on refs and opposition supporters etc is too far, as is derogatory personal insults, however booing an ex player -c'mon. Lets not be too precious
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Can't believe I was beaten to the Boo-urns quip :(

BOOOOOOOOOOO-UUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNS
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
matthew wood
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Bronson Harrison

Toots Croker 2nd

Post by matthew wood »

yesterday was hopefully just the prelude to the main event.

Clear the throats, Neville Costigan is coming back to town.

Arguably one of the most selfish players to have ever played here.

Spend more time making self promoting, outlandish media statements than actually on the field.
1 August 2009 - 56 reasons to be a Raiders fan - 0 to be a Bronco.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Shezza wrote:Some of the behaviour in this thread is deplorable, discraceful and downright anti-sport..... :P

LG - normally the voice of reason - massive knock on here though mate. Booing the opposition is part of sport - its tribal, its all part of the us against them mentality. Spitting on refs and opposition supporters etc is too far, as is derogatory personal insults, however booing an ex player -c'mon. Lets not be too precious
\\

X2.

its laughable that people think Booing is a personal insult, society is truly fked up
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

I'm wondering if you have any grey matter at all.

You carry on like rugby league players are vulnerable, fragile members of society who can't handle a little bit of light-hearted sportsmanship from opposition fans for 80 minutes a week. These players live in fantasy world where they sleep on big piles of money with many beautiful women, all because they are good at playing a game whilst 99% of the population drag their heels to a sh*tty day job. I'm sure 80 minutes of jeers during the Titans lone venture to Canberra in 2009 is a price Zilly is prepared to pay.
:clap: :clap: :clap: what he said!
christoraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by christoraider »

i paid for for my season ticket , i can boo who i like , when i like , boooooooo, booooooo,
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

He got boo-urnsed because he was happy to come down to Canberra on a scholarship and all that, got crocked and then pissed off home as soon as somebody else showed a modicum of interest.

I don't understand why LG would think that Daniel Conn, who owes us nothing, would be more worthy of being booed than Zillman.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Conn probably because he is a male model who got smashed by Weyman.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Off topic of booing.

I saw Dugan at Rebel sport on Friday night, I wished him good luck on Sunday, then said "don't go to the bloody roosters mate" he pissed himself laughing.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Gerg wrote:Off topic of booing.

I saw Dugan at Rebel sport on Friday night, I wished him good luck on Sunday, then said "don't go to the bloody roosters mate" he pissed himself laughing.
Was he laughing off the thought of playing for the Roosters or was it one of those evil Sideshow Bob laughs?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
skeepe
Jason Croker

Post by skeepe »

I booed Zillman with all my might. I hope he's a massive failure in everything he does. Traitorous little maggot.
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

skeepe wrote:I booed Zillman with all my might. I hope he's a massive failure in everything he does. Traitorous little maggot.
Your grimy underbelly is showing.
#BoneMcCrone
Gillfish
David Furner
Favourite Player: Canberra No1's since 1986

Post by Gillfish »

The booing is actually a compliment to Zillman. The fact that people actually care shows we valued him.

You don't see us booing Michael Robertson or Todd Payten
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Gillfish wrote:The booing is actually a compliment to Zillman. The fact that people actually care shows we valued him.

Good point. Giving it to the oppostion is all part of the game anyway.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Gillfish wrote:The booing is actually a compliment to Zillman. The fact that people actually care shows we valued him.

I am more pissed off with how this putrid little terd Bluffed his way into a scholarship..Boo to him and Boo to the blokes that bought into his bluff.
This place is woke.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

whatwhat wrote:Conn probably because he is a male model who got smashed by Weyman.
:lol:

really, really, ridiculesly good looking *blue steel*
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

I think thats because most people admire Robertson and Payten as decent, honest first-graders who always put in for us, and who don't owe us anything. All Zillman did was look good, get a scholarship, show a lot of potential, get crocked, and then piss off.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Zillman commited a cardinal sin at fullback, he got caught flat footed, thats why Herby burned him so easily, that run derserved a try.

As for this thread, Zillman has an enormus amount of talent, but Dugan is a far superior fullback then he'll ever be
-LG-
Steve Walters

Post by -LG- »

Shezza wrote:Booing the opposition is part of sport
It's never been for me.

I guess I'm not tribal enough?!? :cry: :lol:
Tina Furner
David Furner

Post by Tina Furner »

Wasn't that bad! Zillman showed just how much he cared about the Raiders by not letting the crowd affect him at all. Remember Monaghan's first carry? Decked from dummy half than knock on, the crowd were all over him like a kleenex at a snot party and he played terrible after that point.

It's no worse than screaming when a fullback is trying to catch a bomb.
Herbert dug a hole

Good on ya Herb!
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Tina Furner wrote:Wasn't that bad! Zillman showed just how much he cared about the Raiders by not letting the crowd affect him at all. Remember Monaghan's first carry? Decked from dummy half than knock on, the crowd were all over him like a kleenex at a snot party and he played terrible after that point.
Hahah i remember that, happened right infront of the RA, the prick took about half a second to look up and see us laughing and jeering him. He didnt look at us again all game. He had a stinker that day :lol:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

i wonder how many years it will last...

i honestly thought it would of been like the first touch but it was the whole game

very loud on fox too :lol: