Ex Raiders... where are they now?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Ex Raiders... where are they now?

Post by Billy Walker »

Paul Vaughn watching Dugan’s Covid breach then telling him “hold my beer”.

In the words of Stanley Hudson - “what the hell is wrong with you!”
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Billy Walker wrote:Paul Vaughn watching Dugan’s Covid breach then telling him “hold my beer”.

In the words of Stanley Hudson - “what the hell is wrong with you!”
Party at Shellharbour!!! Everyone’s invited! Careful though, de Bellin might be hiding under a bed
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Paul Vaughan - unemployed
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Fui's squad updated for 2022

1. CNK
2. Savage
3. HSS
4. Dugan
5. Fergo
6. Wighton
7. Milford
8. Papa
9. Starling
10. Vaughan
11. CHN
12. Young
13. Whitehead

14. Havilii
15. Sutton
16. James
17. Guler
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Veteran centre Joey Leila left out of Tigers’ bubble, likely to be let go: https://www.zerotackle.com/veteran-cent ... go-107221/
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

greeneyed wrote: July 18, 2021, 9:49 pm Veteran centre Joey Leila left out of Tigers’ bubble, likely to be let go: https://www.zerotackle.com/veteran-cent ... go-107221/
Let him go to Canterbury or Broncos. We shouldn't take him. He have some good youngsters coming through. Our issue is getting rid of two that are on our books that don't deserve to be in FG
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Aidan Sezer signs a two year deal with Leeds Rhinos: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ts-3312662
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

‘Shillo’ helping kick goals

Former Queensland Origin prop David Shillington is doing his bit to help the less fortunate. Starting next Thursday, Shillington, via his company Wellbeing Code, will hold a six-week Kicking Goals program to help special-needs people registered with the National Disability Insurance Scheme.

Shillington will be helped by Broncos women’s star Millie Boyle and a psychologist as part of a program that gives NDIS participants a chance to connect with sporting clubs across Australia through fun training initiatives.

Read more: https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nr ... ab0af2312e
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

George Williams making his Warrington debut right now - partnering Blake Austin in the halves.

Austin will be surplus to requirements at Wire and Leeds are reputedly looking to sign him. Where he would partner Aiden Sezer in 2022.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Speaking of ex- raiders, does anyone know what Jack Wighton has been up to lately?
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Coastalraider wrote: August 2, 2021, 5:32 am Speaking of ex- raiders, does anyone know what Jack Wighton has been up to lately?
Off to the Tigers. Fingers crossed…
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

MrPosh wrote: August 2, 2021, 4:44 am George Williams making his Warrington debut right now - partnering Blake Austin in the halves.

Austin will be surplus to requirements at Wire and Leeds are reputedly looking to sign him. Where he would partner Aiden Sezer in 2022.
And he's just scored the winning drop goal in the 80th minute.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

MrPosh wrote:
MrPosh wrote: August 2, 2021, 4:44 am George Williams making his Warrington debut right now - partnering Blake Austin in the halves.

And he's just scored the winning drop goal in the 80th minute.
hope he kills it

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

The Daily Telegraph reports Kai O'Donnell has signed with the Sharks on a train and trial contract.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Blake "Tackling Optional" Austin off to Leeds for 1 year.

Leeds Rhinos sign up Blake Austin for 2022

Leeds Rhinos have confirmed the signing of Great Britain international Blake Austin from Super League rivals Warrington Wolves for the 2022 season on a one year contract.

Commenting on signing for Leeds, Austin said, “While I have some disappointment at leaving Warrington, I’m extremely happy to be joining such a great club. Leeds are a club I set my sights on a few months back, and I’m stoked to be getting on board. I’m joining one of my best mates and a squad that look set for an exciting next 5 to 10 years. I opted for a one year deal to prove myself to the Leeds faithful but I also believe it’s something that will help get the best out me personally but I definitely want to settle in for a lot longer.”

Read more: https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2021/08/04/ ... -for-2022/

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Makahesi Makatoa to debut for Parramatta

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-TW- wrote:Makahesi Makatoa to debut for Parramatta

that's a long road for him

Edrick The Entertainer
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

NewBeard getting a run for the eels tonight- go him!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Former Canberra Raiders foward Kai O’Donnell joins Cronulla Sharks for 2021 run home

The Sharks have bolstered their playing roster for the final rounds of the 2021 season with the signing of former Raiders forward Kai O’Donnell. The 22-year-old O’Donnell came into the Sharks Queensland bubble on Sunday and will be in line to be included in their 21-man squad to play the Newcastle Knights this weekend. His contract is for the remainder of the 2021 season.

Read more: https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2021/08/ ... -run-home/
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

good luck to him, I liked what I saw in his limited chances.
Hard to improve by not playing footy

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Josh Dugan doing Josh Dugan things…. What a champ hey…

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-r ... d600ee803b
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins

Post by Thomas Raider »

Billy Walker wrote: August 21, 2021, 11:28 am Josh Dugan doing Josh Dugan things…. What a champ hey…

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-r ... d600ee803b
:roflmao
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Don’t ever change softserve.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Former Canberra player Adrian Purtell reveals cancer fight amid bush footy season

Former Canberra Raiders centre Adrian Purtell's world was rocked when doctors diagnosed him with cancer earlier this year. But in a stunning show of courage and determination, Purtell has continued playing football in the bush - while he has been undergoing an intensive course of chemotherapy.

"I felt a lump in my throat in March and about six weeks later, after all sorts of tests, it was diagnosed as Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-news-t ... 4c45a2881b
Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Grace Kemp

Post by Lamenting Actions »

greeneyed wrote: August 21, 2021, 8:55 pm Former Canberra player Adrian Purtell reveals cancer fight amid bush footy season

Former Canberra Raiders centre Adrian Purtell's world was rocked when doctors diagnosed him with cancer earlier this year. But in a stunning show of courage and determination, Purtell has continued playing football in the bush - while he has been undergoing an intensive course of chemotherapy.

"I felt a lump in my throat in March and about six weeks later, after all sorts of tests, it was diagnosed as Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-news-t ... 4c45a2881b
Poor bugger.

Trivia about Adrian: He would call the receptionist I worked with at a recruitment company RELENTLESSLY (they knew each other outside of work and I think she was undecided about whether to date him or not). I felt bad the he couldn't land dinner with her. She'd answer the phone and it'd be, "Adrian! I'm a work!" or I'd answer the phone and then run off to wingman him and put him on the phone to her lol.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Plenty of effort, use that again Albury Express and beat this crap

Edrick The Entertainer
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Green Blogger »

Brent Read reported on MMM this morning that former Raider Nick Cotric is on a short list of highly paid underperforming players at Bulldogs that Gus Gould is looking to clean out to rebalance the salary cap at that club.

Another player who potentially chased the money and the bright lights instead of looking at the bigger picture of stability, representative bonuses and long term marketability of staying long term at your home club to only come unstuck.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/carnag ... ure-184800
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Green Blogger wrote: August 23, 2021, 4:03 pm Brent Read reported on MMM this morning that former Raider Nick Cotric is on a short list of highly paid underperforming players at Bulldogs that Gus Gould is looking to clean out to rebalance the salary cap at that club.

Another player who potentially chased the money and the bright lights instead of looking at the bigger picture of stability, representative bonuses and long term marketability of staying long term at your home club to only come unstuck.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/carnag ... ure-184800
That is interesting and not entirely surprising. I get that posters here find it hard to take off the green goggles and detach from the local junior made good angle, but now that he has been gone a year I’d be interested in objective views on where he sits it the game. On the upside - I see him as big bodied, strong, good carries out of defence, will finish close to the line and handy in the air. What he hasn’t got is speed to torch the opposition or the ability to score from within his own half. If I’m paying big $$ I want that in my winger.

Would I be wrong to say there is a good handful of wingers well ahead of him in the game today?
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

There's no problem having a winger with a bit of bulk if you've also got speedster. Dogs have had nothing. Next year they'll have someone lightning quick at fullback (Dufty), on the wing (Addo-Carr) and at centre (Naden). But that contract was always too big for Cotric.
They might even have the guys around him to give him another go at learning centre next year.
Could always end up at the Roosters if the dogs are paying half that contract.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Curtis Scott. Unemployed and at AA.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

zim wrote:There's no problem having a winger with a bit of bulk if you've also got speedster. Dogs have had nothing. Next year they'll have someone lightning quick at fullback (Dufty), on the wing (Addo-Carr) and at centre (Naden). But that contract was always too big for Cotric.
They might even have the guys around him to give him another go at learning centre next year.
It would be so typical of this competition if he ended up at the Roosters with Bulldogs paying half his salary. We all love to point the finger at certain clubs for managing their cap, or sombrero but a bigger problem is those basket case clubs with stupid cap management.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

gergreg wrote: August 23, 2021, 5:50 pm
zim wrote:There's no problem having a winger with a bit of bulk if you've also got speedster. Dogs have had nothing. Next year they'll have someone lightning quick at fullback (Dufty), on the wing (Addo-Carr) and at centre (Naden). But that contract was always too big for Cotric.
It would be so typical of this competition if he ended up at the Roosters with Bulldogs paying half his salary. We all love to point the finger at certain clubs for managing their cap, or sombrero but a bigger problem is those basket case clubs with stupid cap management.
Do you reckon the chooks would want him though? I’m not trying to bag him, I liked what he did for us but I don’t think his highlight package approaches Nofualuma or Momano let alone Ado-Carr, Saab, To’o, Sivo or Johnson. I certainly wouldn’t have him in the top 5 wingers in the game.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

4. Adam Keighran
5. Dale Copley

18th man Brad Abbey
Back up centre: The ghost of Josh Morris.
Back up winger: Matt Ikuvalu
Injured: Joseph Suaalii

There's a need for a back signing if they want to push again.

I also wouldn't put Saab individually in the same category as the others this year. He hasn't offered a whole lot when there's defenders around. He's living off Turbo. Some of his work off the ball has been woeful. Next year with a bit more confidence and size he could light it up but it's not there yet.
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

Billy Walker wrote: August 23, 2021, 7:13 pm
gergreg wrote: August 23, 2021, 5:50 pm
Do you reckon the chooks would want him though? I’m not trying to bag him, I liked what he did for us but I don’t think his highlight package approaches Nofualuma or Momano let alone Ado-Carr, Saab, To’o, Sivo or Johnson. I certainly wouldn’t have him in the top 5 wingers in the game.
To be fair, he believed in himself that he could make it as a centre. Ricky was unconvinced after giving him (IIRC) two shots at that position. He has the size to make it as a centre, but to me he doesn't seem to have much in the way of ball-playing skills to create opportunities for his winger or inside men.

I'd be happy to eat crow if he gets shown how to play in that position and kills it. I think at this stage though, if he is on the short list to be released, he's going have to sound out someone on his own since the Doggies probably won't invest in someone who might not be there next year.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).