Border patrol: Thurling's message to KW and all Qtown boys

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Border patrol: Thurling's message to KW and all Qtown boys

Post by dubby »

There is a one page spread about Thurling and Q-Town in RLW this week.

I havent got time ATM to write it up, but I can assure you all Q-Town boys here (KW etc) will love it!

Here is a sample:

"that was a big day for the Quenbeyan boys against Penrith", Thurling grins. "Campo bagged 4 and I got 3 and after every one of them, we pumped our chests and yelled out 'QTOWN'.

"The rest of the boys shook their heads and laughed but we dont care. We're just a couple of guys who love our town and like to remind people where we come from".

Heres the part KW will love:

"But we love the place...I've lived there most of my life and wouldnt want to be anywhere else. Its a footy town, its real Aussie and doesnt pretend to be something its not. We're happy to "live interstate" as the guys always say; its a 40 minute drive to training but its worth it to call Quenbeyan home"

Brings a tear to your eye doesnt it?? :D
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Dr. Alex
Brett Mullins

Re: Border Patrol: Thurlings message to KW and all Qtown boys

Post by Dr. Alex »

bahahahaha.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

and KW has the hide to call me a bogan!!!!!
Edrick The Entertainer
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

does Q town still have a large contingent of banjo players???

i know for fact it used too...
This place is woke.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

I think he is chucking a sickie today too. He hasn't been on the email anyway.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
marcofski
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Gamblor

Post by marcofski »

Question wrote:does Q town still have a large contingent of banjo players???

i know for fact it used too...
:lol:

2 most common saying heard;
You got a purdy mouth
and
Squeal like a pig
My favorite forum member is 100%Green. Why? Because anyone who can convince my wife who runs two watch shops and doesnt realy like the Raiders to buy me a limited edition centenary of league Raiders watch is alright in my books.

It's hard god-damn work being a Raiders supporter!
buram
Brett Mullins

Post by buram »

Its the Q-town girls that scare me.....
I know who I am, Do you know who you are?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

buram wrote:Its the Q-town girls that scare me.....
dont they scare everyone :lol:
KW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Steve "no mans land" Collins

Post by KW »

No-one loves Q-town like jesus, jesus, jesus

No-one loves Q-town like jesus, jesus, ay
Quality over Quantity Winner - 2007, 2008 and 2010 Golden Boogs Awards
Raiders Member #3383 - Bay 28, Row LL, Seat 6
Bay53
Steve Walters

Re: Border patrol: Thurling's message to KW and all Qtown boys

Post by Bay53 »

dubby wrote:its a 40 minute drive to training
Doesn't this just prove how inept the Stanhope ACT Government is with their decisions on building roads? It probably does take 40 mins in peak hour, but it should be so much less.

If the right decisions had been made about having the correct infrastructure before they built to Brindabella Business Park at the Airport and we didn't have the embarrassment of the single lane Gungahlin Drive Extension it would take half of that.

Should be an easy drive up Yass Road around the airport, straight up Parkes Way, around the Glenloch interchange, up Caswell Drive (GDE) off at either Belconnnen Way or Gininderra Drive, down Haydon Drive and into training.

Half an hour at the absolute most.

I know this rant is not about football, but I am sure I am not the only one here who has the same frustration!!!! :rant :rant :rant
buram
Brett Mullins

Post by buram »

Move out of the sticks :P
I know who I am, Do you know who you are?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Bay53 wrote:
Doesn't this just prove how inept the Stanhope ACT Government is with their decisions on building roads? It probably does take 40 mins in peak hour, but it should be so much less.

If the right decisions had been made about having the correct infrastructure before they built to Brindabella Business Park at the Airport and we didn't have the embarrassment of the single lane Gungahlin Drive Extension it would take half of that.

Should be an easy drive up Yass Road around the airport, straight up Parkes Way, around the Glenloch interchange, up Caswell Drive (GDE) off at either Belconnnen Way or Gininderra Drive, down Haydon Drive and into training.

I know this rant is not about football, but I am sure I am not the only one here who has the same frustration!!!! :rant :rant :rant
When I first drove on the completed road to Canberra Stadium, I was absolutely STUNNED that it was not a four lane road! UNBELIEVEABLE that they undertook all that work, to produce a completely substandard road. ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL.
wendus
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Sia Soliola

Post by wendus »

Bay53 wrote:

takes me 25 from the QLC to UC.. not at peak hour tho. that adds about 5-10 mins on. he must be a careful driver
All over it like coconut on a lamington
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

KW wrote:No-one loves Q-town

No-one loves Q-town
:nooo and I thought you did KW :P
Edrick The Entertainer
Karne
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Karne »

Bay53 wrote:

I drive along it every day on my way to uni, and when it was being built I thought that it was going to be two lanes each way. Imagine my shock when I discovered otherwise!

Logic should dictate that if you have a certain amount of traffic flowing one way, roughly the same amount is going to come back the other way, doi. And as for game days...I never take the GDE home from a game, I go down around the lake. Much faster. How sad is that? :rant

And now our "oh-so-wonderful" govt is spending EVEN MORE money duplicating the southbound lanes. Why didn't you do that in the first place, numbnuts? :rant :rant :rant
Raiders for the Premiership! Bugger in a couple of years, this year!
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

I think we'll find that the GDE in particular is what will get Stanhope voted out in a few months. I don't know a person NOT angry about it.

Anyway back to Q-Town. If Campo and Trev turn it on Sunday like they did against Penrith, i'll be a happy man :D
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Karne
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Karne »

Woodgers wrote:I think we'll find that the GDE in particular is what will get Stanhope voted out in a few months. I don't know a person NOT angry about it.
It's a nice thought that we might finally get rid of this totally inept government (asides from the fact that they have explicitly stated they want to get rid of all motorsport in the ACT :rant they have done a **** job with Tharwa :nooo ).

Unfortunately, we have the highest percentage of Labour voters anywhere in the country. I'd like to think he'll get the big kick, but I doubt it will happen. :nooo
Raiders for the Premiership! Bugger in a couple of years, this year!
Zeb
Peter Jackson

Post by Zeb »

Maybe the ACT should elect Pangallo and bring a little Qtown to the Territory
darkin
David Shillington

Post by darkin »

Go Qtown.... were two 'unscarey' girls from Qtown n think its great everyones catching on... Everytime Terry or Trev scores we stand n yell "Queanbeyan Represent" Weve even made our own Q finger sign Which can been seen (Just) in the photo of the fans on the bus at the bunnies game. Just like to thank all the Qtown Lovers n am proud that the Q town Duo is about to become a Q town Trio with Cy getting ready too play with the big boys.'Queanbeyan Represent'
1-eyedgreen
Chris O'Sullivan
Location: Eating a steady diet of Government cheese, living in a van down by the river.

Post by 1-eyedgreen »

darkin wrote:Go Qtown.... were two 'unscarey' girls from Qtown n think its great everyones catching on... Everytime Terry or Trev scores we stand n yell "Queanbeyan Represent" Weve even made our own Q finger sign Which can been seen (Just) in the photo of the fans on the bus at the bunnies game. Just like to thank all the Qtown Lovers n am proud that the Q town Duo is about to become a Q town Trio with Cy getting ready too play with the big boys.'Queanbeyan Represent'

Is it true that Qtown girls have a higher sperm-count than the men, or is that just Friday and Saturday nights?
I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my *****. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Dr. Kenneth Noisewater.
KW
David Furner

Post by KW »

1-eyedgreen wrote:Is it true that Qtown girls have a higher sperm-count than the men, or is that just Friday and Saturday nights?
Is it true that your jokes are lame and tired?

:)

KW
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

KW wrote:
1-eyedgreen wrote:Is it true that Qtown girls have a higher sperm-count than the men, or is that just Friday and Saturday nights?

KW
i liked it
1-eyedgreen
Chris O'Sullivan
Location: Eating a steady diet of Government cheese, living in a van down by the river.

Post by 1-eyedgreen »

KW wrote:

KW
Sorry champ didn't mean to offend, i didn't realise anyone from Qtown could read otherwise i wouldn't have posted it.
I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my *****. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Dr. Kenneth Noisewater.
GRANTYRAIDER
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: josh dugan

Post by GRANTYRAIDER »

kiwi raider wrote:
KW wrote:

KW
i liked it
same here :D
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Suppose he's just a little touchy because he loves the place, I was quite amused. :cool:

As far as I'm concerned there's no point living there if you go to work and do everything in Canberra, shelve your passion, look at petrol prices then move across the border and join the rest of us.

Unless you work there there's no point in living in a substandard town... sorry if you don't agree, but come on, the place is one big trailer park.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

1-eyedgreen wrote:
KW wrote:

KW
Sorry champ didn't mean to offend, i didn't realise anyone from Qtown could read otherwise i wouldn't have posted it.
None of us were aware Q-Town had the internet, until we met KW
Albi
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Albi »

I love canberra queanbeyan rivalry, it's so hilarious!!

I lived in Canberra for 26 years, and whenever I'd come across someone from struggle town.....Oh, I mean Queanbeyan, who'd be pontificating about the superiority of their little town, I'd ask them to reflect on exactly where they'd think Queanbeyan would be in the absence of the Nation's capital. There was usually a long silence!

It all seriousness, the rivalry is stupid. They're f*****g right next to eachother, and 90% or QBN residents work in Canberra!!
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Albi wrote:I love canberra queanbeyan rivalry, it's so hilarious!!

I lived in Canberra for 26 years, and whenever I'd come across someone from struggle town.....Oh, I mean Queanbeyan, who'd be pontificating about the superiority of their little town, I'd ask them to reflect on exactly where they'd think Queanbeyan would be in the absence of the Nation's capital. There was usually a long silence!

It all seriousness, the rivalry is stupid. They're f*****g right next to eachother, and 90% or QBN residents work in Canberra!!
You're exactly right... nowhere, that's where. :lol:
1-eyedgreen
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by 1-eyedgreen »

Raider_69 wrote:
1-eyedgreen wrote:
KW wrote:

KW
None of us were aware Q-Town had the internet, until we met KW
:lol:

You know they only refer to it as Q-Town because the locals can't spell Queanbeyan.
darkin
David Shillington

Post by darkin »

Atleast our 'Sperm' produces good footballers! :woot:
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

some people need to gain some perspective and drive around sydney.
KW
David Furner

Post by KW »

Sterlk wrote:Suppose he's just a little touchy because he loves the place, I was quite amused. :cool:

As far as I'm concerned there's no point living there if you go to work and do everything in Canberra, shelve your passion, look at petrol prices then move across the border and join the rest of us.

Unless you work there there's no point in living in a substandard town... sorry if you don't agree, but come on, the place is one big trailer park.
substandard? get some brains into ya. One big trailer park? Have you ever actually been to QBN?

go for a stroll through charnwood and let me know how you go

this thread has been been hijacked by ignorant twats
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

KW wrote:
Sterlk wrote:Suppose he's just a little touchy because he loves the place, I was quite amused. :cool:

substandard? get some brains into ya. One big trailer park? Have you ever actually been to QBN?

Question is a Q native and was born with a Banjo in his hand ..and he is proud of his heritage.

and was taken to the the shire at a very tender age..
Last edited by Off on September 5, 2008, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
This place is woke.
KW
David Furner

Post by KW »

Albi wrote:I love canberra queanbeyan rivalry, it's so hilarious!!

Without QBN, Canberra (and the Raiders for that matter) would not exist as it presently does. It is obvious that QBN was identified as the best town between Sydney and Melbourne*, and thats why they built the capital next door.

The rivalry is stupid, anyone from Canberra ragging on another town is kidding themselves. Anyone with half a brain knows that without the rugby league administrators based in QBN and other Country towns in the area, the Raiders would not exist. The contribution of QBN to the Raiders is atleast equivalent to that of Canberra, if not moreso.

So next time you're thinking about paying out Q-Town, try and remember that the team that brings you such joy would not exist if not for your NSW neighbour.

KW

* May have expanded the truth here
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

KW wrote:

I've been to both quite a few times, Charnwood is nothing to write home about, but QBN... I have to say its worse.

... and that's just based on my personal experience, if I listened to the stories some of my QBN based friends have told me; I'd consider dropping a dome on the place 'Simpsons Movie'-style.