2008 Rd 25 V Cowboys: Game Day and Post Match

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

2008 Rd 25 V Cowboys: Game Day and Post Match

Post by greeneyed »

This is the thread for all game day discussion on the clash with the Cowboys in Townsville. Chat with your fellow Raiders fans as the game unfolds... and then share in the post match reports and reviews.

Raiders out to ambush Cowboys

CANBERRA RAIDERS v NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS
Dairy Farmer's Stadium, Saturday, August 30, at 7.30pm
Referee: Matt Cecchin

WHAT'S AT STAKE

Despite winning three in a row the Raiders are still not assured of a top eight finish, and need to beat the Cowboys at home on Saturday night to cement that position, and then push hard for a top four finish. With a crippling injury toll the Raiders will be stretched to the limit against the Cowboys, and will need to muster all of their proven character to get the two points.

STATS BOX

Head to Head
Overall: Raiders 16, Cowboys 6
At Dairy Farmer's Stadium: Raiders 7, Cowboys 4

Last time they met: Cowboys 28 defeated Raiders 22 at Dairy Farmers Stadium

Recent Form

Raiders: 28 pts (6th)
Cowboys: 12pts (16th)

Form line: Raiders: LWWLWLBLLWBLLWWLLWWWLWWW

Cowboys: LLLWWWLLLLWLLLLLBLLLLWLL

MATCH-UPS

Alan Tongue – Jonathan Thurston

At the start of the season no one would have foreseen the Raiders skipper running out in the number seven, but through injury and the standing down of Todd Carney the Green Machine have their go to man at halfback this weekend. It will be no easy task for the makeshift half Tongue, who faces the games premier half Jonathan Thurston. Tongue will need to make sure he controls the play for the Raiders, and will also need to keep one eye planted firmly on Thurston.

Scott Logan – Carl Webb

Logan returns to the starting line-up this weekend for the injured Troy Thompson and the Raiders will lose nothing up front with the big man kicking things off. His ability to bust the line open has been one of the real finds since his return to the NRL. Webb has had an up and down year but always plays strong at home.

Trevor Thurling – Luke O'Donnell

Thurling has to be one of the most improved forwards in the NRL in 2008, and has shown his worth to the Raiders by playing solid footy all season. Now that he's out running wider his worth as a ball runner has intensified, and he'll be looking to add to his seven try tally so far this year. O'Donnell like Webb has been up and down in 2008, and is yet to recapture the form that saw him a first picked rep player in the past.

INSIDE INFORMATION – with Neil Henry

"We're down to just 19 fit players so we've been making sure we keep them fit and healthy for Saturday night."

"I'm sure Alan will do a good job at seven as he's such a great competitor and knows how to play anywhere."

WORTH NOTING

Alan Tongue has his first run on match at halfback.

The Raiders last won in Townsville in 2006 in golden point.

Ryan Hinchcliffe returns from injury.

The Raiders Toyota Cup side takes on the Cowboys at 5.15pm.

http://www.raiders.com.au/2008/detail_d ... ews_id=920
Sterlk
David Furner

Re: 2008 Rd 25 V Cowboys: Game Day and Post Match

Post by Sterlk »

... and so another gameday will soon be upon us.

Lets try and claim that elusive top 4 spot. :cmon
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

really wanting the rabbitohs to win for us this weekend

the bulldogs have no chance so it will have to be done next weekend
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

timmay.08 wrote:really wanting the rabbitohs to win for us this weekend

the bulldogs have no chance so it will have to be done next weekend
roosters by 40+

anasta will score 2 and earn 4 try assists.
This place is woke.
Gillfish
David Furner
Favourite Player: Canberra No1's since 1986

Post by Gillfish »

You're dreaming "?"
Karne
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Karne »

Why all the hype about Thurston?????

He's been ordinary at best this year. :thumbsdown
Raiders for the Premiership! Bugger in a couple of years, this year!
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Karne wrote:Why all the hype about Thurston?????

The fact he's had two shoulder reco's and a bung knee might have something to do with it.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Quality players dont stay average for long .. .. . . .He is due for a big one
In Ricky We Trust
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Gillfish wrote:You're dreaming "?"
:lol: i like it..

when one ceases to dream his head becomes mush.

you can ream me about 9.30 tonight.
This place is woke.
GreenSoul
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by GreenSoul »

lol Question is weird.

I like it.
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

Thurston is one of the very few true rugby league geniuses currently on the planet.
#BoneMcCrone
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Back to school for Raiders' champion

Margie McDonald | August 30, 2008

LOCK forward Alan Tongue has not started at halfback since primary school but he takes on Test No7 Johnathan Thurston tonight in Townsville.

That's some initiation.

But if anyone can pull it off it is the tenacious Tongue.

"I don't think I have to change my game a hell of a lot. It's just another challenge for me. I'm not intimidated by him although I have a ton of respect for him," Tongue said of Thurston.

Like the Cowboys, the Raiders have caught the serious-injury bug this season.

Tonight, nine regular first-graders are not available. The latest casualty was halfback Marc Herbert against South Sydney last weekend. Add to that forward Tom Learoyd-Lahrs is suspended (dangerous throw) for the season and regular halfback and chief playmaker Todd Carney who was sacked three weeks ago for alcohol-related issues.

That is why Tongue is taking a certain "caution-to-the-wind" approach tonight.

"With the players we've lost and the hardships we've been through, I've had my pain and worry. I'm just really excited now and looking forward to it (playing No7)," he said.

"We in the forwards always joke around at training how we'd love to throw the No7 on our back and here's my opportunity -- I'll be up close and personal with JT."

It is a long way from Peel Valley primary school, near Tamworth, when the ginger-haired Tongue had the halfback role thrust on him.

He had the size for it then and he still has now -- he's 180cm tall -- and he had the lungs for it. He could last all game and take whatever was dished out to him.

That will again be the basis of Tongue's appearance at the side of the scrum tonight, although he and five-eighth Terry Campese and coach Neil Henry have been tucked away in the video room all week working out the game plan.

"Neil came to me at the start of the season and pushed for me to expand my game -- kicking and ball playing a lot more -- to provide some variety around the ruck area," Tongue said.

"I've worked on my game so I don't think it'll be that big of a change for me. I'm used to organising the side so I just have to link to Campo more often and stay out a bit wider."

It's not as if he hasn't adopted the No7 role. When Herbert went off with a knee injury 20 minutes into the Rabbitohs' game last weekend and earlier in the season when Carney was rested with 10 minutes to play, to keep him fresh, Tongue stepped into halfback.

According to some of the best minds in the coaching game, all Tongue needs to do is step on the field with any number on his back for the Raiders to do well.

Six-time premiership winner Wayne Bennett said the hard work and attitude Tongue took into every game was like an elixir.

"As an NRL coach, if you could have a team entirely of Alan Tongues, you'd be a happy man," Bennett wrote last year in a column for The Weekend Australian.

Wests Tigers assistant and 1991 Panthers premiership-winning captain Royce Simmons said Tongue had rare qualities.

"I don't say this lightly, or about a lot of blokes, but the biggest tribute to Alan is that players love playing with him -- they want him in their side and they want him to play 80 minutes every week," Simmons said.

"There are only a few in our competition like that.

"If you had a few Alan Tongues in your side you wouldn't lose too many games.

"And there are only a few that can play with injuries as well as Tonguey can."

Tongue, 27, is not sure where his high pain tolerance comes from. He denied the rumour spread by his team-mates that his parents stretched him on a rack.

"Injuries are part and parcel of the game so no sense whingeing about it," Tongue said. "A lot of guys play injured -- I'm not alone in that."

Tongue is also embarrassed by Bennett and Simmons's comments.

"It's nice of them but it's nothing special what I do. I've always based my game around a good work ethic. I like to train hard and to whatever I can for the team," he said.

Asked about role models or heroes and he points the finger at Newcastle rake Danny Buderus.

"I've always looked up to Danny Buderus. He wasn't the most skilful player but he gave a dig at every game and he worked hard for everyone all the time," Tongue said.

"I love my footy too. I enjoy the game and I actually love training so it's not too hard for me because I love what I do.

"I also don't take any day for granted."

Neither do the Raiders.

Considering their injury toll, no Carney, and a coach who is leaving at the end of the season, sitting sixth on the NRL ladder might stun a few punters.

"It shocks me to think of it," Tongue said.

"It's hard to say how other clubs would handle it because it's such a unique situation.

"But from my point of view it shows we have great character."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 31,00.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders coach takes on his future club Cowboys
Karl deKroo | August 30, 2008

A WEIRD feeling . . . Raiders coach Neil Henry contemplates that match against his future club, the Cowboys.

WHEN Canberra Raiders coach Neil Henry arrives in Townsville it will be to begin the demanding task of lifting the Cowboys out of the cellar.

But right now, his mind is focused solely on sinking the slipper into his future club.

While Henry's Raiders are on a roll toward the finals, North Queensland remains rooted to the base of the competition ladder, a win in its final home game of the season seemingly its best chance of flicking the wooden spoon on to the Bulldogs.

Not that Henry cares.

"It is a little bit weird," Henry said of his only meeting with the Cowboys since his decision to trigger a clause in his Canberra contract which enabled him to link up with North Queensland.

"I s peak to Parry (Cowboys CEO Peter Parr) once or maybe twice a week, but this week we haven't talked.

"We are coming up here to get two points.

"We won't be meeting at all before the game. Afterwards we might catch up for a beer but I have no interest in getting together and talking anything about the Cowboys.

"This is a big game for the Raiders and I am very single-minded about that."

Henry's actions match his words, the Raiders fleeing the Canberra winter earlier than normal to ensure they got the chance to train in the tropical north.

"It is definitely a danger game for us, as it was against South Sydney last week," Henry said.

"The Cowboys aren't accustomed to losing a lot of games in the back end of the season and this will be really tough.

"There are a few questions about us as well. How is Alan Tongue going to settle into the halfback's role? How are we going to cope without Troy Thompson? He has been a great leader for us, so there are a number of challenges we have to face."

The loss of Thompson and rookie halfback Marc Herbert to season-ending injuries has continued a horror run for the Raiders, who have been granted a special salary cap dispensation to play back-rower Cy Lasscock for the remainder of the year.

The Cowboys have worries of their own, with back-rower Steve Southern ruled out and Dayne Weston promoted to the interchange bench. Regardless of Southern's omission they will still field close to their strongest line-up of the season.

Henry said he would happily use his intimate knowledge of Cowboys and Queensland Origin stars Johnathan Thurston and Carl Webb to attempt to bring down his future team.

"I know a fair bit about those guys, both through my time up there, but also through Origin as well," Henry said.

"I have a bit of an insight and I intend to use that. But that is far from the be-all and end-all.

"I can feed players all the information I like, but it comes down to how they react and their attitude when they run out."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Weston to play for Cowboys

OF all the reasons recalled second-rower Dayne Weston could use as motivation for tonight's clash with the Raiders, paying a debt to a mate is at the top of his list.

The former Shark was dumped after a solid run of form last weekend ended with a disastrous outing against the Knights.

But with Steve Southern withdrawing from tonight's game with a host of injuries, Weston has been given another chance in first grade.

The game looms as a make-or-break encounter for the Cowboys, with avoiding the wooden spoon and securing a win in their final home game for 2008 at the top of their to-do list.

But Weston just wants to put in a good game to make sure newly crowned centurion Shane Tronc and his fans have a night to remember.

"It's pretty big, it's Troncy's 100th game as well and that will be pretty special," Weston said.

"Everyone is pretty pumped to send the fans out on a high and the boys are obviously still looking for a win so it all comes down to that.

"There's a lot of stuff behind it as well, especially for Troncy and the fans as well that come out each week, win, lose or draw.

"To send them out on a high would be good."

The ever-improving backrower has not spent the last week dwelling on his outing against the Knights and has maintained his enthusiasm at training.

He is hoping to retain his place for a mouthwatering clash against his former club in the final round.

"It probably wasn't my best game last week and I was a bit disappointed, but to be back in is a plus and I'm just looking forward to the game," he said.

"You do what you can each week to be in the side and I just want to make sure I finish the season in first grade and leave the season on a high.

"I'll be doing as much as I can to be there."

It has been a breakthrough year for the 21-year-old Goulburn junior who has added 17 games to his first-grade tally after 10 appearances for Cronulla last season.

With the Cowboys back at close to full strength, he said it was a buzz to crack the first-grade team in the company of
players such as former international Luke O'Donnell.

"It's pretty good, I suppose playing with the players you're playing with, I've said it before, it's pretty surreal," he said.

"I just take each week as it comes and again I get my opportunity this week to get a chance at first grade.

"I'll take it with both hands and hopefully contribute in a win . . . it's a special game for everyone involved."

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/ar ... sport.html
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

"It is a little bit weird," Henry said of his only meeting with the Cowboys since his decision to trigger a clause in his Canberra contract which enabled him to link up with North Queensland.

"I speak to Parry (Cowboys CEO Peter Parr) once or maybe twice a week, but this week we haven't talked.
I'm surprised he'd admit to something like that - it really is not a good look and if it's about what role he is playing at the Cowboys next year, it is a disgrace.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Eye on the prize

Call the Canberra Raiders many things, just don't refer to them as over-achievers.

If anything according to coach Neil Henry, the man largely responsible for this team's remarkable form reversal there's still room for under-achievement in 2008.

''By our judgement we're playing good footy, which we expected to do, but I wouldn't say we've over-achieved. By whose judgement?'' Henry said.

''We're playing to our ability and getting results. Maybe other sides are under-achieving, you could look at it that way.

''We've only over-achieved on other people's expectations and that's not saying too much when plenty of people were tipping us for the wooden spoon.

''If we lose our last two games we'll either finish seventh or eighth or miss the finals and that would be disappointing, probably under-achieving in some people's eyes given where we've got ourselves to at the moment.''

Henry, who has burst clear of the pack as favourite for Dally M coach of the year honours, doesn't want to hear talk of his team ''defying the odds'' or ''fighting above its weight'' in 2008.

Silencing the knockers acts as no motivation whatsoever for Henry and his troops in the national capital.

It's much more about doing it for each other, proving their capabilities to those in-house.

Henry is not the type of coach to get on his high horse and soak up the added attention the club has received recently as a result of winning six of its past seven games.

He's far more comfortable in his office at club headquarters trying to plot against the side his Raiders are facing at their next challenge.

Tonight Henry and his Raiders will attempt to keep alive their chances of earning a home final for the first time since 2003.

That's right, a possible top-four finish, not that Henry wants anything to do with that kind of talk.

''I don't think it's a realistic goal for us,'' he said. ''We could say we want to win the comp as well but you just can't think that far ahead.

''We're not a team that can think top four. If you're a Melbourne or a Manly, who were up there last year and had pretty similar rosters this year, you could probably get away with setting goals of getting a home semi, but not us.''

Returning to Townsville

Henry signed a five-year deal to rejoin the Cowboys from next season in a decision that shocked many.

But tonight his eyes will be firmly on the 13 green jerseys on the field, not the other half of the paddock.

''It's a rarity, five-year contracts, but if you're not getting the job done in three you'd probably exit it anyway, whether you're forced or whatever,'' he said of his impending move. ''You're under pressure straight away because it's a results-driven profession.''

Henry wasn't looking forward to returning to Townsville for tonight's game.

''I wouldn't say I enjoy going back,'' he said. ''I know the place and I'll know some familiar faces but I'll enjoy it more if we're boarding the plane Sunday morning with the two competition points.''

Off-field controversies

It's been one of those years for the Raiders.

Firstly there was Henry's decision to leave the club with a year of his contract remaining.

Then Bronx Goodwin and eventually Todd Carney had the team in the headlines for all the wrong reasons after more off-field incidents.

But the Raiders have proven they can deal with such distractions and still be a force on the field.

''It's part of being a professional footballer,'' Henry said.

''A lot of it was media speculation anyway and you can't do anything about that. What you can do is go out and play some football. It showed that sometimes the media doesn't distract you from your focus.''

Henry described his decision to leave Canberra as one of the most challenging times he had faced as a coach.

''Yeah it was tough,'' he said. ''It was a hard decision to make but I was honest the whole way through.

''I expected to cop a fair bit of criticism from fans. There was backlash, of course there was, the fans are parochial and passionate about their club, and as a coach you're not immune to criticism.''

Raiders' finals chances

While a top-four finish is still possible, it's probably more realistic Canberra will finish the home-and-away season in fifth or sixth position.

As long as it avoids finishing seventh or eighth and hence wouldn't have to play Melbourne or more than likely Manly in the first week of the play-offs Henry believed the Raiders were a genuine chance of playing deep into September.

''We've been competitive against all sides and you never know once you get to the finals,'' he said.

''If we keep the momentum going for another few weeks, certainly having momentum going into the finals is better than scraping into the eight having been higher up initially and trying to pick up again.''

The Raiders need to win both their remaining two games and hope the Broncos and Roosters lose one of their last two matches, to sneak into the top four.

''If we can get into a position where we might get two chances, we'll have a fair crack at it,'' the coach said.

''Hopefully we don't get any more injuries.''

The media

Henry accepts the media has a role to play in rugby league, but that doesn't mean he agrees with everything that goes to print, or the approach some journalists take to get stories.

''It amazes me how the media works sometimes,'' he said.

''There's the journos who have an opinion and who write opinion pieces, which I prefer, then there's the gossip journalism where they're looking mainly for a negative angle on how the game is going or what players are up to,'' he said.

''Unfortunately negatives or controversies tend to sell more papers. It annoys you sometimes but by and large it's generally positive.''

The Raiders have had plenty of publicity this year, both good and bad.

Henry hoped further on-field success in the next month will lead to more headlines for the Raiders, for all the right reasons.

The state of the game

Since Sonny Bill Williams's defection to French rugby, plenty of opinions have been thrown around on how rugby league in Australia is faring.

Henry is of the belief there's little wrong and is adamant the future looks rosy.

''Crowds are up, ratings are up, you can't compete with ratings for State of Origin,'' he said.

''David Gallop is right. It is a worry about the money on offer coming from overseas but you can't compete with it. We can't get into a situation where we can match those dollars.''

Henry said good luck to those players who wanted to play a foreign game in a foreign country for extra cash, but doesn't think the NRL needs to alter its ways too much.

''In my humble opinion we can't afford to increase the salary cap,'' he said.

''Our game is an exciting product and will continue to be a spectacle to watch.''

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/lo ... 58348.aspx
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Azza wrote:

"I speak to Parry (Cowboys CEO Peter Parr) once or maybe twice a week, but this week we haven't talked.
I'm surprised he'd admit to something like that - it really is not a good look and if it's about what role he is playing at the Cowboys next year, it is a disgrace.

maybe just as friends?
I was very critical of Henry when he first said he was leaving but he does seem to put Canberra first this season, and anyway I think Henry has a nice sized ego and the chance to excell in the finals this year no matter where he is next year will be all the motivation he needs to stay focused on us!
Vaccinated
tragic
Brett Mullins

Post by tragic »

I'm really nervous about this game, more so than most other weeks because it's my birthday and I don't a bad result to sour my day. Seriously, all I want today is for the Raiders to win tonight. I want them to win big.
Due to my birthday, I'm making an exception to my rule of not having opposing team supporters present for the game. My Cowboys-supporting friend will be here, so thats doubled the importance of us winning because I simply won't be able to handle listening to his crap if they stole a win.

Need some extra cash for beers this weekend, so I've only had a little tinkle on the games this weekend, but here's my flutter;
Date ID Details Stake Odds Status Payout Net Result
Leg 1 Multi - NRL - Round 25 - Matches
Newcastle Knights v Melbourne Storm - Newcastle Knights | MULTI Odds: 13.66 - $20 Win - Line (+12.0) (Pending) $20.00 1.92 Pending $0.00 $-20.00
Leg 2 Multi - NRL - Round 25 - Matches
Nth Queensland Cowboys v Canberra Raiders - Canberra Raiders - Win - Head To Head (Pending) 1.93
Leg 3 Multi - NRL - Round 25 - Matches
St George Illawarra Dragons v Parramatta Eels - Parramatta Eels - Win - Line (+7.5) (Pending) 1.92
Leg 4 Multi - AFL - Round 22 - Matches
Geelong v West Coast - West Coast - Win - Line (+70.5) (Pending) 1.92
30-08-2008 09:34 15181966 Single - NRL - Round 25 - Matches
Bulldogs v Brisbane Broncos - Canterbury Bulldogs - $5 Win - Margin (1-12) (Pending) $5.00 11.00 Pending $0.00 $-5.00
30-08-2008 10:28 15184351 Single - NRL - Round 25 - Matches
Nth Queensland Cowboys v Canberra Raiders - Canberra Raiders - $10 Win - Margin (13+) (Pending) $10.00 4.25 Pending $0.00 $-10.00 30-08-2008 10:28 15184352 Single - NRL - Round 25 - Matches
Nth Queensland Cowboys v Canberra Raiders - Canberra by 30 Plus - $5 Win - Exact Winning Margin (Pending) $5.00 16.00 Pending $0.00 $-5.00
Usually have a tenner on one or 2 players for 1st or last tryscorer, and have come up trumps except for last weeks game. Should have known Purts would be due.

A lot of talk has centered around the fact that if Campo is succesfully targeted and shut down, we'll be in strife, but I think that assessment is too shallow.
I think more detrimental to either teams result will be whether Thurston can be shut down. I reckon with him kept quiet in attack by smothering him, and running plenty of traffic at him in defence, we should be alright. I don't think there is enough individual spark in their team to worry us if Thurston is contained... whereas I think we have a couple of backs who can really turn not-much into something.
Best (in particular this year) and Monas just need to get early ball and they create havoc outwide, either with clean breaks or by drawing 2 or 3 defenders, which opens opportunities to switch back towards the gap nearest the ruck to a flying Milne or for their respective winger. On top of that you have Thurling who has great talent at hanging on the fringes and making some really good metres near the centres. Tongue is probably better at floating through each play better than what we were seeing earlier this year, and our offloads have been testing defences for quite some weeks.

In comparison, a lot (if not a majority) of NQ's success over the past 2 seasons has been the brilliant dummy by Thurston, or selecting the right player to put through a gap. Without him on song, I don't think their outside players really have the brilliance to cut holes. Him and the team have also suffered badly with the lack of Bowen in support play. Not the greatest ever fullback, but an incredibly quick and damaging ball runner. Extremely happy that he isn't available.

Tongue is certainly under a lot of pressure to feed good ball to Campo, and more importantly choose the right time to switch direction. Simply palming it on every play of every set will certainly lead to hospital passes, so hopefully he just works out when is the best time.

And while I'm not a huge fan of stats (they're often manipulated to suit an argument), the basic stats for this game are very encouraging. Haven't got them in front of me, but off the top of my head, we're averaging 4.8 tries per game, they're conceding 4.7. They're scoring 3.6 and we concede 3.7.
On top of that, we make more metres per game, have more offloads and similar completion rates. Our forwards have been the unsung heroes of many wins, and I believe they're superior (even without Thommo) to NQ's pack.

So whilst I'm nervous as usual, I'm expecting a good win. Just hope any heat tonight doesn't affect our performance. Spoke to my brother who lives about 50k's away from the stadium and he says it is very windy up north so that may play a factor.
Raiders member no# 2278.
Infamous GH!
Brett Mullins

Post by Infamous GH! »

Raiders - Unchanged

Cy Lasscock and Jones drop off the bench

North QLD - Southern out

Ty Williams in doubt

It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back - 'We Are The Raiders Army'
GreenSoul
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by GreenSoul »

Happy Birthday Tragic.

Good post!
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

I hope you get everything you want for your birthday, I think everyone here at the GH will agree with me :thumbsup
tragic
Brett Mullins

Post by tragic »

Raiders member no# 2278.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

tragic wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: tragic.
tragic
Brett Mullins

Post by tragic »

Yeah, I'm considering a career in graphic design. :hmmm
Raiders member no# 2278.
Flying Fijian
Gary Coyne

Post by Flying Fijian »

I can't believe anyone is knocking Thurlo!?!?! He has been an absolute standout performer since we started playing good footy. I rate him and Campo as the form players in our side - he is smashing it!! Whether he starts or comes of the bench he always has a huge impact. Leave big Trev alone!!
tragic
Brett Mullins

Post by tragic »

Am I missing something?
Or are you confusing posts about Thurston with posts about Thurling?

Can't remember the last time I read a bad word about Thurling (with good reason).
Raiders member no# 2278.
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

Alrighty I will be getting up mighty early Toronto time (a Saturday morning too!) for this one in the commentary box... see you freaks there :D
Infamous GH!
Brett Mullins

Post by Infamous GH! »

thickos wrote:Alrighty I will be getting up mighty early Toronto time (a Saturday morning too!) for this one in the commentary box... see you freaks there :D

I'll be co-commentating as well :lol: . See you then

It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back - 'We Are The Raiders Army'
Ecz
Brett Mullins

Post by Ecz »

tragic wrote:Image
YAY PAINT

you don't need fancy photoshop to be cool!
TORRENS TIGERS...2009 GH PREMIERSHIP
RSK
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campo.

Post by RSK »

36 - 16.

Trust me.
The world appears in shades of green.
Ecz
Brett Mullins

Post by Ecz »

RSK wrote:36 - 16.

Trust me.
I reckon we're gonna break a century!
TORRENS TIGERS...2009 GH PREMIERSHIP
RSK
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campo.

Post by RSK »

Ecz wrote:

Trust me.
I unfortunately don't share your optimism. But damn, i hope you're right. :thumbsup
The world appears in shades of green.
Sugarman
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Sugarman »

Ecz wrote:

Trust me.
Maybe next week...
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Azza wrote:

Once again highlights the problem with players and coaches signing contracts mid season. This kind of thing will always happen until the NRL fixes this farcical situation.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

I have a terrible feeling about this game ... but I also had a terrible feeling about last week, so... :?