5%
Wiki
71%

Total votes: 21

Serial Thrilla
David Shillington

Which player will be most missed?

Post by Serial Thrilla »

Hey There!, Im from the RLeague Raiders Forums, Ive been nosing in and out of that debate page for years and decided to join this one :shock: :shock:

I put the players in alphabetical order :mrgreen:
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Welcone to the forum Serial.

I've gone Wiki ... I think his inspirational stuff when we are down is what will be missed the most ... if Weymann remains injury free he will partly fill this role.
Greenblooded
John Ferguson

Post by Greenblooded »

I've gone with Maca, I know he didn't have a great year, but I think we will miss his spark in 05.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Greenblooded wrote:I've gone with Maca, I know he didn't have a great year, but I think we will miss his spark in 05.
He would have been my 2nd choice.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Wiki first. Davico second by not as big of a margin as you'd think. These two both showed they could compete with the best in their time at the Raiders. McLinden did that in 1998, and never reached those heights again. Don't really rate Drew or Monnas at all.
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

Wiki by a country mile.

Davico was a great prop but his propensity to drop the pill and his injury prone-ness (sorry about the bad english) means that I think we can replace him, especially with Weyman ready to unleash.

I really would have liked to have seen Monas stay, plenty of people call him a turncoat but the kid was getting conflicting signals from everywhere and I think the media snowball made the situation worse for him. His interview in RLW doesn't exactly sound like he was desperate to leave - I think it was a combo of poor management with contracts and too many people telling him what was good for him.

He was injured for the end of 2004 so we didnt see his best. But we all remember 2003.

I was shocked when I heard Marty had left but he was not pushed by any means. His form was very up and down, but I thought playing with Carney would have been good for him. Such a shame, but hey, he may be back.

Brad who? :lol:
Catherine
John Ferguson

Post by Catherine »

100% Wiki and second Maca
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I agree with thickos. Except I don't forgive Monaghan for his performances once he ditched us.
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

Monas simply left because of Representitive oppurtunities
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders_Lover_18 wrote:Monas simply left because of Representitive oppurtunities
Well IMO that is a pathetic excuse if it is what he says. Who says he doesn't get it from the Raiders. Mal Meninga, Laurie Daley, Ricky Stuart, Steve Walters, Gary Belcher, Brad Clyde... these are LEGENDS of the game. If he doesn't want to represent from our club and follow in their footsteps he isn't a player I want in our club.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

True greeneyed but I also blame the clowns that run our football club for dragging the club down to the point where a player decides that he has a better opportunity of gaining rep honours by playing for another club rather than the once very proud green machine.
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

I voted Wiki

Wiki- despite missing a lot of matches through suspension his passion was amazing. Coming back to play in that qualyfying final showed amazing courage. Just a week before he had his lap of honour at the place he called home for so long on the back of a 62-22 thumping of the bunnies. Even though he got injured in that game, it would have been an OK way to go out.
Yet despite being told he would be out for 4 weeks he battled on and refused to let his team mates see him on crutches in training and then in jersey 22 made that surprise appearence. He still had a few years in him.

Davico- total champion did well, maybe if he didn't clobber Drew outside Casiono Canberra he would still be here.

Marty- One of the nicest blokes you would ever meet, and electric on the field, was amazing on his day.

Monaghan....

Brad Drew- enjoy the day your side meets wigan :lol:
Butters
Ricky Stuart

Post by Butters »

greeneyed wrote:
Raiders_Lover_18 wrote:Monas simply left because of Representitive oppurtunities
Well IMO that is a pathetic excuse if it is what he says. Who says he doesn't get it from the Raiders. Mal Meninga, Laurie Daley, Ricky Stuart, Steve Walters, Gary Belcher, Brad Clyde... these are LEGENDS of the game. If he doesn't want to represent from our club and follow in their footsteps he isn't a player I want in our club.
Yes but I know who will be playing for NSW.. Monaghan in Green or Monaghan in Tri-Colours
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Wiki first, he was our heart and soul, he cant be replaced...

McLinden wnd cause he had a rare ability to create something out of nothing, we will miss his spark

Davico 3rd for the platform he layed down, he really liked to dominate the forward contest and rarely was beaten in this area

Monnas 4th, didnt play well but his potential is amazing, he is big, strong and one of if not the best leaper in the comp.

5th Drew, we wont miss him what so ever
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders_Lover_18 wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
Yes but I know who will be playing for NSW.. Monaghan in Green or Monaghan in Tri-Colours
No sort of self respecting man throws away his club colours for a "promise" of that sort.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Monas wont be playing rep unless he makes a vast improvement of last year's performance ... if Ricky gets that out of him all the reason I want him coaching our great club.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

1. Mark McLinden
2. Ruben Wiki
3. Luke Davico

more than anything else in 2004, we missed spark in attack, particularly from our halves. when we did play well, it had a lot to do with Mark McLinden. in general, if Marty was quiet, so were the Raiders. and as much as Wiki was great, we were able to compete quite well without him. much of our success in 2003 was built around a very strong forward pack, which centred around Wiki and Davico. together, they will be a massive loss, but keeping one could have compensated for losing the other. too bad we lost both, it's gonna make things very hard for us in 2005. but individually, i believe Marty is our biggest loss.

it does feels disrepectful, though, putting the mighty Statue at 3rd. he'll be sorely missed, one of the most underrated players i've seen in my league watching life.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Kris_man wrote:it does feels disrepectful, though, putting the mighty Statue at 3rd. he'll be sorely missed, one of the most underrated players i've seen in my league watching life.
totally agree.
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

It wasn't that simple, believe me ;)
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Bay56 wrote:Monas wont be playing rep unless he makes a vast improvement of last year's performance ... if Ricky gets that out of him all the reason I want him coaching our great club.
bingo
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Macca was my favourite player. But the fact that he underperformed so badly last season..... I can't see how the team will miss him.

I think it is clear it is Wiki we will miss most. His big drawback was his judiciary record and the number of missed games.

Davico... tried hard always. But always dropped the ball..... just never quite made it as a top NRL forward IMO.
Butters
Ricky Stuart

Post by Butters »

greeneyed wrote:Davico... tried hard always. But always dropped the ball..... just never quite made it as a top NRL forward IMO.
Never a top player because whenever he was in line for a blue jersey he was injured or something unfortunate happened to him. A Good player out of luck.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
Greenblooded
John Ferguson

Post by Greenblooded »

Kris_man wrote:**** me, not another Monaghan debate thread! who cares about him, Frawley craps all over the guy.
*searching for clapping icon*
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

Greenblooded wrote:
Kris_man wrote:**** me, not another Monaghan debate thread! who cares about him, Frawley craps all over the guy.
I think we will have to wait and see on Frawley. Joel has scored a lot of tries in the past two seasons, while Frawley has has two knee reco's.

I think he is good but he is unproven.
Boing Boing
Simon Woolford

Post by Boing Boing »

thickos wrote:
Greenblooded wrote:
I think we will have to wait and see on Frawley. Joel has scored a lot of tries in the past two seasons, while Frawley has has two knee reco's.

I think he is good but he is unproven.
Agreed.
Butters
Ricky Stuart

Post by Butters »

69 is there any way of getting a clapping smiley by any chance 8)
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Raiders_Lover_18 wrote:69 is there any way of getting a clapping smiley by any chance 8)
i recon i could get one going 8)
Butters
Ricky Stuart

Post by Butters »

awesome :D
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Raiders_Lover_18 wrote:awesome :D
cant seem to crack it ay :?
if found the option but its not working :? :?
Butters
Ricky Stuart

Post by Butters »

Youll get there. You are the IT genious :lol:
stereotype
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by stereotype »

lol Wiki...no contest lol

hi ya's btw most will know me already
Butters
Ricky Stuart

Post by Butters »

Are you from LU
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

stereotype wrote:lol Wiki...no contest lol

hi ya's btw most will know me already
welcome to the forum stereo ... have you quit rleague.tk ? ... not much was happening there the last time I looked.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

stereotype is Chippo?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I think stereo is Chippo... from memory... the rleague.tk site is a bit dead, so I have stopped posting there, sorry stereo. The rleague Grandstand raiders site is also stopped dead..... not a post in more than a week I think.....