All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Adam Elliott on one year deal

Post by BadnMean »

gangrenous wrote: December 3, 2021, 6:48 am Image
Hang on doesn't Ricky decide whose faces this gets shoved in?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Bronson Harrison vibes

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

gangrenous wrote:
Danaman137 wrote:This bloke can’t keep it in his pants and I reckon it’s gonna blow up in our faces.
This was not the sentence to use that metaphor in Image
How did I not notice this? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigcheese
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: The Volcano

Post by Bigcheese »

Seems like a likeable guy. I think he's learnt from his mistakes, will be in the 17 and have a good year.

On another note, when younger, who hasn't slept with a mates girlfriend, not a biggy as long as you grow out of it.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

:lol: Who amongst us havent slept with a mates girl?!? Let he cast the first stone!
Classic BigCheese
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

nope, not guilty here

Edrick The Entertainer
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Somebody's been watching too much xxxxhub, cheese.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

Nope, can’t say I have. Not while they were together at least. And certainly not in my mates own damn house. Big yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

This lad will be a great signing. If anything I hope he has some form of relationship with CHN which encourages him to stay at the club.
He speaks very very well, and I wouldn't be shocked if (should he sign a longer term deal) if he becomes a leader, if not VC.

There is only upside to this signing - we can only hope he listens to the leadership in the coaching ranks rather than think he is in control of his off field antics.
Seems to be quite mature, and should we get his partner down here for the NRLW, I think we've got the makings of a very good player.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

are talking about Adam Elliott? "the" Adam Elliott? the Adam Elliott that played up with team mates partners, repeatedly got nude in public, got caught semi naked in a pub toilet with a female missed more tackles than almost the entire nrl combined Adam Elliott?

Edrick The Entertainer
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

bonehead wrote: December 6, 2021, 8:06 pm are talking about Adam Elliott? "the" Adam Elliott? the Adam Elliott that played up with team mates partners, repeatedly got nude in public, got caught semi naked in a pub toilet with a female missed more tackles than almost the entire nrl combined Adam Elliott?

Females is his partner. You really need to grow up!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Reckon Adam Elliott probably needs to do more growing up than ol Bonehead... lets hope he does.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

bonehead wrote: December 6, 2021, 8:06 pm are talking about Adam Elliott? "the" Adam Elliott? the Adam Elliott that played up with team mates partners, repeatedly got nude in public, got caught semi naked in a pub toilet with a female missed more tackles than almost the entire nrl combined Adam Elliott?

Wow you sound fun at parties
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

"Repeatedly got nude in public" is totally incorrect. A photographer from the Tele booked a room across the street from an upstairs room in a hotel which had been hired for a private function ie the Dogs end of year party. With a telephoto lense he was able to photo Elliott unclothed within the confines of the room or suite. We don't know any context of his nudity, how long it lasted, who was actually present or the attitude of the pthers present to the nude person or any behaviour he was involved in. Just that he was for a moment at least in the nude. On the evidence available I find no particular fault for Elliott, although the behaviour was perhaps a bit coarse, not unusual at end of season parties and probably the reason for the photographers presence.
In most contexts that behaviour should get the photographer arrested on peeping tom charges and the player absolved as the victim of a crime.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Boney is a legend, champion fella..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Nuding up in your mid 20s while pissing on with your mates- hardly a rarity. If it's not done in some public place, no harm no foul.

Pashing on with a girl you met again who you crushed on in high school. Again, if consensual, no problem. I think he broke a covid rule which would be the only negative.

I think it's the fact that those are combined with the complete EDIT of cheating with your mate spouse that makes the pattern worrying.

I'm really more concerned about the fact he's a plodder. Elliot Whitehead was kicked from pillar to post for how innefective he was last season- but he made more linebreaks AND more linebreak assists that season, than Adam's ever managed in his BEST nrl season ever- and he's 27, he's had plenty of seasons to put in a decent one if he had it in him. Not just close or the same. More. That's the level of plodderism we bought in. So I don't see him, at 27, offering a whole bunch apart from steady backup I hope rarely makes the 17.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Agree with that BnM. I think there is a chance that he was doing a little more than snogging in the bathroom, to be thrown out.

However as the great Cheese likes to remind us, who hasn't been caught shagging in a restaurant toilet with a girl you just met?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

BadnMean wrote:Nuding up in your mid 20s while pissing on with your mates- hardly a rarity. If it's not done in some public place, no harm no foul.

Pashing on with a girl you met again who you crushed on in high school. Again, if consensual, no problem. I think he broke a covid rule which would be the only negative.

I think it's the fact that those are combined with the complete EDIT of cheating with your mate spouse that makes the pattern worrying.

I'm really more concerned about the fact he's a plodder. Elliot Whitehead was kicked from pillar to post for how innefective he was last season- but he made more linebreaks AND more linebreak assists that season, than Adam's ever managed in his BEST nrl season ever- and he's 27, he's had plenty of seasons to put in a decent one if he had it in him. Not just close or the same. More. That's the level of plodderism we bought in. So I don't see him, at 27, offering a whole bunch apart from steady backup I hope rarely makes the 17.
Exactly where I stand on the matter. Hooking up with a teammate's wife is the only thing that really meant he probably needed to leave the club.

But let's be honest, it's his onfield performances which ultimately led them to let him go.

We could have two or three of the loosest defenders in the second row next season. That's what worries me.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Botman wrote: December 3, 2021, 12:18 pm :lol: Who amongst us havent slept with a mates girl?!? Let he cast the first stone!
Classic BigCheese
I haven't, but im willing to sleep with bigcheese's missus so i can get a better understanding
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Seiffert82 wrote: December 7, 2021, 7:44 am
BadnMean wrote:Nuding up in your mid 20s while pissing on with your mates- hardly a rarity. If it's not done in some public place, no harm no foul.

But let's be honest, it's his onfield performances which ultimately led them to let him go.

We could have two or three of the loosest defenders in the second row next season. That's what worries me.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
Hit the nail. I don't really care that much for what happened off the field in the past. We recruited CHN who did something most of us wouldn't agree with, esp. if you have a younger daughter. The toilet and Mad Monday incidents were very minor. He's with the same partner now as the one he had the toilet incident with and hope having a partner brings stability and satisfaction to his life.

But Elliott's defence and attack, coming from a side with the worst for both, worry me. And Whitehead's defence and attack has let him down and Young went through problems last year as well.

I refrained from commenting when people did after his interview. So we are judging him based on how he performs in interviews and saying he's going to have a good year because of that?
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

BadnMean wrote: December 7, 2021, 5:53 am Nuding up in your mid 20s while pissing on with your mates- hardly a rarity. If it's not done in some public place, no harm no foul.

He’s a plodder, and surely the other concern is his professionalism? Arguments around the severity of his indiscretions aside - the fact he’s had one per year rather than knuckling down and focusing on his football might be the bigger red flag here.

But here we are, a couple of puff pieces and him making all the right noises of contrition again at a press conference, and the gullible are back on board.

He’s had his chances and should be clogging up another club’s roster while we develop a younger player with more upside, imo
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Rickmando wrote: December 7, 2021, 10:09 am
BadnMean wrote: December 7, 2021, 5:53 am Nuding up in your mid 20s while pissing on with your mates- hardly a rarity. If it's not done in some public place, no harm no foul.

He’s a plodder, and surely the other concern is his professionalism? Arguments around the severity of his indiscretions aside - the fact he’s had one per year rather than knuckling down and focusing on his football might be the bigger red flag here.

But here we are, a couple of puff pieces and him making all the right noises of contrition again at a press conference, and the gullible are back on board.

He’s had his chances and should be clogging up another club’s roster while we develop a younger player with more upside, imo
I assume we signed him because we're focusing on developing younger players with more upside such as Mooney and Rushton but need somebody who has already played at an NRL level in our squad in his position. He's on $200k which is pretty much the bottom for a forward with NRL experience. He's not blocking anybody's path to first grade.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Raiders_Pat wrote: December 7, 2021, 10:21 am
Rickmando wrote: December 7, 2021, 10:09 am

I assume we signed him because we're focusing on developing younger players with more upside such as Mooney and Rushton but need somebody who has already played at an NRL level in our squad in his position. He's on $200k which is pretty much the bottom for a forward with NRL experience. He's not blocking anybody's path to first grade.
The moment he is (predictably) picked in the 17 for Round 1, Elliott will be doing precisely that Pat.

We’ve seen Rick have plenty of misguided blind spots over the years. And he never plays rookies when he can select a senior player (even when that player is a hack).

I would feel better with one of the youngsters you mentioned on the bench - even if it’s one of Rick’s 0-5 minute cameo specials - than Elliott bringing his very average game and off-field baggage to our setup.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

God you're a punish 🤣
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Raiders666 wrote: December 7, 2021, 11:18 am God you're a punish 🤣
You add nothing, as usual. Jog on
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

For providing a view and an opinion about where Elliot fits in the scheme of things? You don’t have to agree with the opinion but what a silly thing to say.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

I'm 51 and i can honestly say, regardless of varying degrees of alcohol consumption, I have never once felt the urge to nude up in front of my friends.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Billy Walker wrote: December 7, 2021, 11:33 am
For providing a view and an opinion about where Elliot fits in the scheme of things? You don’t have to agree with the opinion but what a silly thing to say.
It's got nothing to do with Elliot...Just his constant digs at Ricky. It's quite obsessive and disturbing tbh
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Raiders666 wrote: December 7, 2021, 12:29 pm
Billy Walker wrote: December 7, 2021, 11:33 am
It's got nothing to do with Elliot...Just his constant digs at Ricky. It's quite obsessive and disturbing tbh
You’re allowed to have an opinion too. You want to be a Rick apologist - go for it.

But feel free to point out anything I’ve said about Rick in that post that isn’t based on fact or on his previous behaviour in the role over nearly a decade… I’ll wait
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

And how is it controversial (or “punishing” as you put it) to voice a view that prefers some young player development over a re-tread player with a history of behavioural problems, who barely played an impactful game for the worst team in the comp?

If you’ve got a problem with that, well I’m not sure you have a lot of business discussing rugby league on a forum with other adults champ
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Rickmando wrote: December 7, 2021, 11:03 am
The moment he is (predictably) picked in the 17 for Round 1, Elliott will be doing precisely that Pat.

We’ve seen Rick have plenty of misguided blind spots over the years. And he never plays rookies when he can select a senior player (even when that player is a hack).

I would feel better with one of the youngsters you mentioned on the bench - even if it’s one of Rick’s 0-5 minute cameo specials - than Elliott bringing his very average game and off-field baggage to our setup.
I agree that he will likely be picked in the 17 in round one and if not, he will likely be first cab off the rank when injury strikes in the forwards or if a forward isn't performing. But I disagree with the suggestion that he will be blocking somebody's path. We didn't see Lui or James preventing one of our younger players from debuting or being selected as regulars in the 17, for example. If they're good enough, they will overtake Elliott in the pecking order.
Bigcheese
Glenn Lazarus

Post by Bigcheese »

Raider Azz wrote: December 7, 2021, 9:40 am
Botman wrote: December 3, 2021, 12:18 pm :lol: Who amongst us havent slept with a mates girl?!? Let he cast the first stone!
Classic BigCheese
I haven't, but im willing to sleep with bigcheese's missus so i can get a better understanding
Two problems with this. I said with a friends girl and we aren't friends so you don't meet the criteria. Secondly she is a martial arts weapon and would destroy you if you tried to do anything untoward.
Bigcheese
Glenn Lazarus

Post by Bigcheese »

hrundi89 wrote: December 7, 2021, 11:34 am I'm 51 and i can honestly say, regardless of varying degrees of alcohol consumption, I have never once felt the urge to nude up in front of my friends.
I did a nude run through a Bunnings on the Gold Coast once. Some of the team members recorded it and post it on facebook which wasn't well received by those at the top. Completely sober too.
BJ123
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Chicka

Post by BJ123 »

Bigcheese wrote:
hrundi89 wrote: December 7, 2021, 11:34 am I'm 51 and i can honestly say, regardless of varying degrees of alcohol consumption, I have never once felt the urge to nude up in front of my friends.
I did a nude run through a Bunnings on the Gold Coast once. Some of the team members recorded it and post it on facebook which wasn't well received by those at the top. Completely sober too.
I heard about that and also that the Bunnings guy beat it by 10 percent.