Ricky Stuart on ABC Canberra Grandstand after 11am

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Ricky Stuart on ABC Canberra Grandstand after 11am

Post by greeneyed »

Don't forget ABC Radio Canberra Grandstand with Tim Gavel Saturday after 11am Saturday. You can listen live: http://www.abc.net.au/canberra

You can SMS the program with Raiders comments and questions on 0467 922 666.

Or you can call on 1300 681 666 (at the cost of a local call).

Or email Tim Gavel at gavel.tim@abc.net.au.

Or send Tim a tweet @TimGavel on twitter.

Ricky Stuart will be on the program around 11:30am.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Ricky Stuart on ABC Canberra Grandstand after 11am

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart interview:

I’m just so disappointed for my players, the players are not deciding results. The worst bus trip ever, silent, legs cut out from under us. But the courage is part of our make up and culture.

The Sharks second half try... there were three wrong calls in one incident. The touch judge put his flag up, the referee called knock on, then let it go to the bunker and the bunker made the wrong call, there was no evidence to overturn.

The forward pass 11 minutes from the end wasn’t forward.

Bernard Sutton wanted to talk before the press conference, but I didn’t talk to him. He didn’t come to talk afterwards, so maybe it wasn’t so important then. I feel sorry for the referees, I know they’re not happy with the processes as it makes them look foolish.

Isn’t it sad we’re talking about it, more and more referees are deciding games. We’re the only game that changes interpretations mid season. We’re abusing the game.

Bias against the Raiders? If I said that, they’d be onto me and fine me. We get treated differently here, get treated differently to other clubs with higher profile. That’s the way it feels to me.

I know a lot of people talk to me about it, it just disappoints me we’re talking about it. A monumental blunder has taken the life away from us.

Season over? That loss last night just makes it even harder. I’m very proud of the players, performing well, we’re just not winning close games.

We’ll let the players have a little bit of a break before working on the Storm match next week. We’ve just got to get back on the horse as soon as we can.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Why would Bernard Sutton want to talk to him before the presser?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 21, 2018, 11:49 am Why would Bernard Sutton want to talk to him before the presser?
Weekend at Bernies..and he wanted to invite Stick and the boys.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 21, 2018, 11:49 am Why would Bernard Sutton want to talk to him before the presser?
Because Archer called him and told him to. Don’t you follow the news?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Argh yes Tony Archer..

The high performance referee improvement squad facilitator.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Presumably so he could talk to him about what might be said at the presser.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Dozens of studies into other sports suggest there almost certainly is a bias in the refereeing to some extent but it would be interesting to see if it could be measured. The NRL really should be tracking it.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:
Presumably so he could talk to him about what might be said at the presser.
"Now Rick, we **** up. Yes, again. But Rick, put in a good word for your buddy Berny…the wolves are at Old Berny’s door…oh boy, your whole life you work and you slave and scrimp and you steal just enough to get a sweet, sweet lick of that shiny brass ring. Where’s Berny's lick, doesn’t Old Berny get a lick?"
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

'Hey Ricky, remember when you called World Cup Final ref, Ashley Klein of England a cheat back in 2008 when you lost........ You were wrong then........ But 10 years later.......... Get that one into ya......... Remember the fines the NRL can impose Sticky....' (trails off with demonic laughter)
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

We don't matter to Greenburg because we won't matter in September.

You can't blame him. If you ran a stable of 16 race horses and only 8 of them were capable of winning a race, you'd send the other 8 to the knackery.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Green eyed Mick wrote: July 21, 2018, 4:16 pm We don't matter to Greenburg because we won't matter in September.

You can't blame him. If you ran a stable of 16 race horses and only 8 of them were capable of winning a race, you'd send the other 8 to the knackery.
But you wouldn't send them to the knackery then make the glue race the remaining horses for 8 weeks. It must be hurting the NRLs product that the 8 was sorted by about round 14.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

edwahu wrote: July 21, 2018, 5:20 pm
Green eyed Mick wrote: July 21, 2018, 4:16 pm We don't matter to Greenburg because we won't matter in September.

But you wouldn't send them to the knackery then make the glue race the remaining horses for 8 weeks. It must be hurting the NRLs product that the 8 was sorted by about round 14.
This is the best year in a long time for the NRL. Bunnies and Dragons bring out the biggest numbers of fair weather fans by far.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

I've said it before. Archer hates the raiders. He told me so straight to my face. Robert finch, a former boss of the refs (and archer for that matter), was sacked by the raiders. Is it any wonder that we've been copping it for so long!? Archer simply has to go.

On the katoa try, even if the ball leading up to the try wasnt a knock on, it was at least 1 meter forward. I thought a few of their other tries had forward passes leading up to them as well which is why the bj pass hurt so much