Commonwealth Games 2018

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Commonwealth Games 2018

Post by greeneyed »

Seven telling us that it was the Commonwealth Games organisers dictated that the athletes were not included.

And that the crowd has left and the athletes left before the end of the ceremony.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That serve from Jo and Basil was worth waiting through that rubbish the whole night!
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

If there was ever a time we needed Roy and HG....
4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seriously, my biggest disappointment was the lack of Commonwealth Games closing ceremony tweets tonight from @AusLoafer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I didn't watch the closing ceremony....but this thread brought it to life.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

So it cost $2 billion for the games.

And QLD already has a massive debt it can't pay back.

Worth it?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

The games themselves were **** amazing and anyone who didn't attend, did actually miss out. The atmosphere was great, and yes they **** up the closing ceremony, but that was one **** end to an otherwise fantastic experience.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Captain Punish wrote:The games themselves were **** amazing and anyone who didn't attend, did actually miss out. The atmosphere was great, and yes they **** up the closing ceremony, but that was one **** end to an otherwise fantastic experience.

And the coast got a lot of enduring facilities from it. Remember it was getting the games that brought on the light rail and other infrastructure.

I still not the best use of $2Billion but not horrific. Not like spending double that in NSW to re-build existing stadiums.
4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Dr Zaius wrote:It would appear so. The 2026 games are up for grabs.

#Cessnock2026
oi careful Doc, we hosted the Japanese Asian cup team you know! #nock26

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Cessnock - Perfect Everyday.

#thenock
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

dubby wrote:So it cost $2 billion for the games.

And QLD already has a massive debt it can't pay back.

Worth it?
I endorse Punish and Sossmans opinion on this
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I watched about 10 mins of it, thought it was crap and went to bed. Glad Australia agreed with me
Mitcho
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Mitcho »

Captain Punish wrote:The games themselves were **** amazing and anyone who didn't attend, did actually miss out. The atmosphere was great, and yes they **** up the closing ceremony, but that was one **** end to an otherwise fantastic experience.

Image agreed

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
TATAS - The Alan Tongue Appreciation Society. Campaigning for a Canberra Stadium statue since 2000.