Rio 2016

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 134437
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Rio 2016

Post by greeneyed »

Woooo... Bronze.

If not for Kyle Chalmers, this would have been a complete disaster.
Image
User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 32349
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Rio 2016

Post by -TW- »

Make them swim back
User avatar
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5388
Joined: March 16, 2013, 4:39 pm
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Re: Rio 2016

Post by Raidersfan »

I don't get bronze .. like ok I get silver but bronze is like LOSER !

Why bronze anyway, why didn't they make it copper huh ?
I don't post facts
User avatar
Sid
Steve Walters
Posts: 7982
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: Rio 2016

Post by Sid »

Pigman wrote:Campbell sisters cap off a magnificent meet for themselves and Mack Daddy catches the loser disease
What a fitting way to finish off the swim program in Rio
Thank **** the swimming is over!! What's next? The track and field?! Oh ****
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 32349
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Rio 2016

Post by -TW- »

May as well pack up and come home now
User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 134437
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Rio 2016

Post by greeneyed »

Eight swimming events where Australia had the number one times in the world coming into the Olympics. Three golds.
Image
User avatar
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5388
Joined: March 16, 2013, 4:39 pm
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Re: Rio 2016

Post by Raidersfan »

Do u think it had something to do with the shower curtains in the athletes village .. I can smell an RC
I don't post facts
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 45792
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Rio 2016

Post by The Nickman »

Raidersfan wrote:I don't get bronze .. like ok I get silver but bronze is like LOSER !

Why bronze anyway, why didn't they make it copper huh ?
Or just make them out of EDIT
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 134437
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Rio 2016

Post by greeneyed »

We've now wIted for over half an hour for the final swimming medal ceremony. Nothing has happened for well ver half an hour. US TV apparently demanded the schedule be changed to fit with what they wanted to do. It was to be "at the top of the hour". That was 10 minutes ago.
Image
User avatar
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20239
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Rio 2016

Post by -PJ- »

When's the 1500m ?

Mack " where's Wally" Horton is racing.

And the Chinese drug cheat he beat in the 400m didn't make the final of the 30 lapper...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 134437
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Rio 2016

Post by greeneyed »

Already a loser.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Image
User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 134437
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Rio 2016

Post by greeneyed »

The men's relay was the last race.
Image
User avatar
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20239
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Rio 2016

Post by -PJ- »

Fox are reporting American swimmer Ryan Lochte was robbed at gunpoint in Rio overnight.
He was with 3 other athletes including a Brazilian. They were pulled over by a car full of men impersonating police officers and told to lay down on the ground.

Lochte refused and had a gun pointed at his head, he laid down on the ground. They took his wallet.....wow.

Best Olympic experience ever.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 16175
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: Rio 2016

Post by T_R »

Raidersfan wrote:I don't get bronze .. like ok I get silver but bronze is like LOSER !

Why bronze anyway, why didn't they make it copper huh ?
One of my best friends is an Olympic bronze medallist.

You have NO idea how much action a bronze medal brings from the ladies.



Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
User avatar
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5388
Joined: March 16, 2013, 4:39 pm
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Re: Rio 2016

Post by Raidersfan »

T_R wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:I don't get bronze .. like ok I get silver but bronze is like LOSER !

Why bronze anyway, why didn't they make it copper huh ?
One of my best friends is an Olympic bronze medallist.

You have NO idea how much action a bronze medal brings from the ladies.
kik ... and good luck to him ... just goes to show how shallow women are

*waits for a gold medal backlash
I don't post facts
User avatar
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20239
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Rio 2016

Post by -PJ- »

Usain Bolt wins 2nd semi for 100m. Fair dink he cruised after 80.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
User avatar
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20239
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Rio 2016

Post by -PJ- »

And drug cheat Justin Gatlin (USA) wins the 3rd semi.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
User avatar
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20239
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Rio 2016

Post by -PJ- »

Bolt ran 9.86 in SF2
Gatlin ran 9.94 in SF3
Blake ran 10.01 in SF3

The final is on at 11-25am. That's 1hr peeps.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
User avatar
gergreg
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9034
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Rio 2016

Post by gergreg »

-PJ- wrote:Usain Bolt wins 2nd semi for 100m. Fair dink he cruised after 80.
Are any of the finalists PED free, including Bolt?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
User avatar
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20239
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Rio 2016

Post by -PJ- »

Bolt just won the 100m final.

First man to win 3 Olympic 100m gold medals. 2008, 2012, 2016.

Carl Lewis won in 1984 and 1988.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 32349
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Rio 2016

Post by -TW- »

Kookaburras flogged, more failures
User avatar
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20239
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Rio 2016

Post by -PJ- »

White man can't jump or run it seems.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
User avatar
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5388
Joined: March 16, 2013, 4:39 pm
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Re: Rio 2016

Post by Raidersfan »

-TW- wrote:Kookaburras flogged, more failures
I think you mean losers ... as in L.O.S.E.R.S
I don't post facts
User avatar
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5388
Joined: March 16, 2013, 4:39 pm
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Re: Rio 2016

Post by Raidersfan »

-PJ- wrote:White man can't jump or run it seems.
can you say that sort of thing nowadays ?? ... ohh yea, you said White, phew
I don't post facts
User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 134437
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Rio 2016

Post by greeneyed »

There's no way Australia can now finish in the top five. This is a worse performance than the last Olympics.
Image
User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 29365
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Rio 2016

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote:There's no way Australia can now finish in the top five. This is a worse performance than the last Olympics.
The Woodgers strategy takes another hit
Absolute **** of a man
CREATE PROCEDURE BotMan_Post AS
SELECT * FROM Previous_Post
EXEC quote_post
WHERE UserName = 'Aknalkfgnaa' OR 'Yeah Raiders' OR 'Billy B'
EXEC RAND(good_grief; cheak_notes; uh82cit;)

GO;
User avatar
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5388
Joined: March 16, 2013, 4:39 pm
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Re: Rio 2016

Post by Raidersfan »

greeneyed wrote:There's no way Australia can now finish in the top five. This is a worse performance than the last Olympics.

National disgrace. Not only can't we laugh at each other anymore we're no good at sport.

I blame all the junior development programmes where kids play "just for the fun of it".
I don't post facts
User avatar
Sid
Steve Walters
Posts: 7982
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: Rio 2016

Post by Sid »

T_R wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:I don't get bronze .. like ok I get silver but bronze is like LOSER !

Why bronze anyway, why didn't they make it copper huh ?
One of my best friends is an Olympic bronze medallist.

You have NO idea how much action a bronze medal brings from the ladies.



Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Because they know he won't come first

[BLACK RIGHTWARDS ARROW]️
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 134437
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Rio 2016

Post by greeneyed »

Actually, it is better than London:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/olympics/ri ... 8b25d57110
Image
User avatar
Manchild
Jason Croker
Posts: 4863
Joined: September 28, 2011, 11:29 am
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom
Location: Darwin, NT

Re: Rio 2016

Post by Manchild »

Sid wrote:
T_R wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:I don't get bronze .. like ok I get silver but bronze is like LOSER !

Why bronze anyway, why didn't they make it copper huh ?
One of my best friends is an Olympic bronze medallist.

You have NO idea how much action a bronze medal brings from the ladies.



Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Because they know he won't come first

[BLACK RIGHTWARDS ARROW]️
:roflmao
User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 16175
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: Rio 2016

Post by T_R »

Sid wrote:
T_R wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:I don't get bronze .. like ok I get silver but bronze is like LOSER !

Why bronze anyway, why didn't they make it copper huh ?
One of my best friends is an Olympic bronze medallist.

You have NO idea how much action a bronze medal brings from the ladies.



Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Because they know he won't come first

[BLACK RIGHTWARDS ARROW]️
That's.....brilliant.

Damn, I'm going to have to twist that into the conversation somehow.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11917
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: Rio 2016

Post by gangrenous »

Sid wrote:
T_R wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:I don't get bronze .. like ok I get silver but bronze is like LOSER !

Why bronze anyway, why didn't they make it copper huh ?
One of my best friends is an Olympic bronze medallist.

You have NO idea how much action a bronze medal brings from the ladies.



Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Because they know he won't come first

[BLACK RIGHTWARDS ARROW]️
Image

Was thinking today watching the 100m that Bolt might struggle with the ladies if he always finishes in under 10 seconds.
User avatar
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20784
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: Rio 2016

Post by Dr Zaius »

Sid wrote:
T_R wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:I don't get bronze .. like ok I get silver but bronze is like LOSER !

Why bronze anyway, why didn't they make it copper huh ?
One of my best friends is an Olympic bronze medallist.

You have NO idea how much action a bronze medal brings from the ladies.



Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Because they know he won't come first

[BLACK RIGHTWARDS ARROW]️
Image
User avatar
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20784
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: Rio 2016

Post by Dr Zaius »

These Olympics need more Roy and HG. Where are they?
User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14673
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Rio 2016

Post by bonehead »

Dr Zaius wrote:These Olympics need more Roy and HG. Where are they?
Super radio network nsw doing 1hr slots every arvo
Edrick The Entertainer
Post Reply