Drones

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

IronRaiden
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Kennedy

Drones

Post by IronRaiden »

Anyone own or thinking about owning a Drone?

Been thinking about getting myself one for a while now as they look really cool and the thought of flying is appealing to me.

Then I saw this - http://www.9news.com.au/technology/2015 ... -australia and thought wow, that looks like real fun.

They are not as expensive as a model plane, which I've looked into, and while they don't have the range of a model plane they have the ability to hover and with the cameras and video capabilities I can think of a few applications for fun. :D

Is there a store that sells em in the ACT or are we forced to buy online? Any tips on best models/makes etc?
Children are the greatest advertisement for birth control.
T_R
Don Furner

Re: Drones

Post by T_R »

I own a drone.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins

Post by IronRaiden »

T_R wrote:I own a drone.
I wouldn't say that TR, you certainly do drone on but I wouldn't classify you as a drone.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I can be your drone go to guy.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins

Post by IronRaiden »

Oh there's plenty of droners to choose from, but seeing how you've offered if I need someone to drone on for me I'll give you a PM.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Thought this thread was about the new Muse album.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

gangrenous wrote:Thought this thread was about the new Muse album.
Much better than the drones I think of.

If TR has one of those I'm ever more scared of him.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

the 2 make about the same noise
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Schifty wrote:
Much better than the drones I think of.

If TR has one of those I'm ever more scared of him.
You should be scared of T_R, he is a very dangerous man.
Rusty Crowe
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by Rusty Crowe »

Confused as to why this is in Other Sports? I've only heard of Drones being used for Real Estate agents and perving on neighbours.

Where's the sport aspect? I think you've mistaken this for a hobby, like RC Cars