NBA Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Roger Kenworthy
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8096
Joined: January 7, 2005, 10:18 pm
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

NBA Thread

Post by Roger Kenworthy » January 8, 2005, 2:58 pm

Does anyone else here like the NBA?? I personally find it a lot more interesting than the NRL these days. Teams come from nowhere to challenge and theres always 5 or so sides who are in with a chance when the playoffs begin. The NRL is too predictable these days.

llab yob
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1016
Joined: January 8, 2005, 10:17 am
Location: Canberra

Post by llab yob » January 8, 2005, 3:20 pm

i play basketball but dont follow nba
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 126177
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Post by greeneyed » January 8, 2005, 4:39 pm

More interesting than NRL!!!!????

I sort of like NFL when I watch it. Much more interesting than say.... AFL, Union, or Soccer..... ;)

User avatar
Roger Kenworthy
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8096
Joined: January 7, 2005, 10:18 pm
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy » January 8, 2005, 5:18 pm

I used to live for the NRL back in 2000-2003. Last season was pretty poor though, didn't enjoy the games I watched much. Pretty much just watch the Raiders now.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » January 10, 2005, 11:16 pm

I'm a real keen baller but don't get to see much NBA or NBL as i do not have Cable TV. I do however keep track of plyer movements and I like NBA Games. I recently bought a Carmello Anthony Singlet. He and Dirk Nowitzi are my favs

User avatar
Roger Kenworthy
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8096
Joined: January 7, 2005, 10:18 pm
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy » January 12, 2005, 9:57 pm

Anthony is a cat. LeBron is the second coming!!!

I play at uni, not for a team or anything. I can touch the rim but will never be able to dunk :cry:

User avatar
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9121
Joined: January 17, 2005, 8:08 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Elizabeth Bay

Post by Butters » January 18, 2005, 3:04 pm

F*ck Off Carmello Owns the NBA. How good are the NZ team in the NBL. They are better then my team tho The Canberra Cannons. R.I.P :cry:
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award

R@IDER
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 533
Joined: April 4, 2005, 7:25 pm
Contact:

Post by R@IDER » April 11, 2005, 6:52 pm

Edabomb mate Rockets rule the NBA, and when they face off against the Sonics in the first round of the playoffs say goodbye to your Sonics for 05 8) Tmac + Yao = The next Dynasty!!! Book it :evil:

User avatar
Roger Kenworthy
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8096
Joined: January 7, 2005, 10:18 pm
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy » April 11, 2005, 10:02 pm

If Shard is back we'll give you a real good series :D

R@IDER
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 533
Joined: April 4, 2005, 7:25 pm
Contact:

Post by R@IDER » April 19, 2005, 11:58 pm

well your sonics are lucky the ROckets got the Mavs first round of the playoffs :shock: Mavs are a pretty deep team and the ROX have no PF to guard Dirk, Hopefully Mac and Yao Step up their game..
Sonics mite have to play a Red Hot Nuggets team..who got blow out from the ROX the other day :D
Is Shard likely to come back for the playoffs Edabomb?

User avatar
Roger Kenworthy
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8096
Joined: January 7, 2005, 10:18 pm
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy » April 20, 2005, 12:09 am

Shard is definately back, but the Nugs are still a tough match up. I'm still holding out hope on us gettinf the Kings.

The Sonics will pretty much have their entire rotation back, although maybe not Radman for the first few games.

I can see Houston v Dallas going either way, both have been smoking since the All Star break. They have no answer for Yao (if he shows up with his A game), and I don't think anyone on Houston can guard Dirk. I'm thinking the Mavs will win due to homecourt advantage, but could go either way.

R@IDER
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 533
Joined: April 4, 2005, 7:25 pm
Contact:

Post by R@IDER » April 20, 2005, 11:01 pm

yeah well your guys are gonna need your whole rotation back coz you guys have been on bad slide with injuries and stuff..you guys were smokin in the beginnin of the year..Everyone in the lower seeds in the west wants to play Sonics, and its understandable why, JVG and the Rockets have chosen the hard route with the Mavs..
Yep ROX have nobody to guard Dirk but Mavs have nobody to guard Tmac coz he is going to explode in the playoffs, Yao needs to bring his A game and the ROX role players got to hit the open 3s that Mac will dish up coz if they do ROX can blowout the Mavs but if the role players are shutdown it dont matter how many points Mac gets..
you go for anyone in the East?

User avatar
Roger Kenworthy
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8096
Joined: January 7, 2005, 10:18 pm
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy » April 20, 2005, 11:11 pm

I like the Mavs to beat Houston 4-2. Dallas are so tough at home.

In the East I want to see anyone but Detroit come out, Jersey would probably be my favourite side. Chances of that happening are slim though, to say the least.

R@IDER
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 533
Joined: April 4, 2005, 7:25 pm
Contact:

Post by R@IDER » April 21, 2005, 1:00 pm

Well home court isnt really that much of an advantage against Houston coz they play better on the road then they do @ home, so if anything Houston is gonna have to lift their game @ home..
Im lookin for Mac to be huge in the playoffs..
hmmm Houston without Mac today and Sonics with no Allen and ya got blownout Ed :D

Nick
Mal Meninga
Posts: 55313
Joined: January 6, 2005, 7:21 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: The abyss, ive brought a house in the abyss, im getting mail redirected to the abyss

Post by Nick » April 21, 2005, 4:56 pm

I used to be a decent bulls fan but to to honest i just jumped on the Jordan Bandwagon :lol:

so how do they fair these days?
Image
Image
Raiders member no: 4008
Bay 28, Row JJ, Seat 8

greeneyed wrote:Sheens was brought in to build the Cowboys and Tigers. He did both, bringing one a premiership, despite the many injury ridden years of his key playmaker.
^^^
:lol: !

User avatar
Roger Kenworthy
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8096
Joined: January 7, 2005, 10:18 pm
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy » April 21, 2005, 5:10 pm

Sonics didn't have Allen or Shard in R@IDER, I think we can take the Kings in the first round.

69 - They made the playoffs for the first time since Jordan retired this season.

Greenblooded
John Ferguson
Posts: 2966
Joined: January 8, 2005, 7:28 am

Post by Greenblooded » April 21, 2005, 6:07 pm

Hey Ed, I don't really follow basketball but have you heard of Rob Tuilave he's a mate of mine. He plays for the Waikato Titans and is Pero Camerons cousin.

R@IDER
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 533
Joined: April 4, 2005, 7:25 pm
Contact:

Post by R@IDER » April 21, 2005, 6:20 pm

edabomb wrote:Sonics didn't have Allen or Shard in R@IDER, I think we can take the Kings in the first round.

69 - They made the playoffs for the first time since Jordan retired this season.
haha you know Houston would have beaten the sonics anyways Ed :D
Bulls have been playing well this year! started the season 0-9 and since have secured home court advantage in the playoffs, have got a few injuries but they doing well considering they werent looking like making the playoffs in the begining of the year..

User avatar
Roger Kenworthy
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8096
Joined: January 7, 2005, 10:18 pm
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy » April 21, 2005, 7:57 pm

Greenblooded wrote:Hey Ed, I don't really follow basketball but have you heard of Rob Tuilave he's a mate of mine. He plays for the Waikato Titans and is Pero Camerons cousin.
Na man I don't know him,I only really follow the NBA. A few guys from uni haved played for the Saints since I've been there, a few have gone to play college in the states too.

Nick
Mal Meninga
Posts: 55313
Joined: January 6, 2005, 7:21 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: The abyss, ive brought a house in the abyss, im getting mail redirected to the abyss

Post by Nick » April 21, 2005, 8:01 pm

Eyah, go the bulls!!
What ever happened to the charlotte hornets, i see they no longer exist :?
Image
Image
Raiders member no: 4008
Bay 28, Row JJ, Seat 8

greeneyed wrote:Sheens was brought in to build the Cowboys and Tigers. He did both, bringing one a premiership, despite the many injury ridden years of his key playmaker.
^^^
:lol: !

User avatar
Roger Kenworthy
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8096
Joined: January 7, 2005, 10:18 pm
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy » April 21, 2005, 8:04 pm

The Hornets shipped off to New Orleans, and have been the New Orleans Hornets the passed couple of seasons.

The NBAs 30st, and newest franchise is the Charlotte Bobcats, having debuted this season.

User avatar
Roger Kenworthy
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8096
Joined: January 7, 2005, 10:18 pm
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy » May 4, 2005, 1:02 pm

R@IDER wrote:
edabomb wrote:Sonics didn't have Allen or Shard in R@IDER, I think we can take the Kings in the first round.

69 - They made the playoffs for the first time since Jordan retired this season.
haha you know Houston would have beaten the sonics anyways Ed :D
Bulls have been playing well this year! started the season 0-9 and since have secured home court advantage in the playoffs, have got a few injuries but they doing well considering they werent looking like making the playoffs in the begining of the year..
3-2, unlucky :lol:

R@IDER
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 533
Joined: April 4, 2005, 7:25 pm
Contact:

Post by R@IDER » April 19, 2006, 7:41 am

BUMP THIS THREAD!! No NBA lovers in here?? even with your boi Andrew Bogut going number 1 pick in the draft even!!

Playoff time is about to roll around.
Too bad my Rockets had an injury plagued season, YaoMac will be back bigger and better next year!!
Ed still a Sonics supporter?? :?

User avatar
pacman
Jason Croker
Posts: 4380
Joined: July 18, 2005, 6:00 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by pacman » April 29, 2006, 4:42 pm

lakers up 2-1 after their win today, pheonix didn't look like their regular selves :? i thought they had this won but looks like they are gonna struggle next game

gotta_love_the_raiders
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Posts: 56
Joined: May 27, 2006, 8:17 pm

Post by gotta_love_the_raiders » May 28, 2006, 10:12 am

I play bball great game fun and its over quickly nothing compared to

League to watch but still good i go for the heat they are my nba team !!

R@IDER
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 533
Joined: April 4, 2005, 7:25 pm
Contact:

Post by R@IDER » May 31, 2006, 4:17 pm

Heat should make the finals with a 3-1 lead. Depends if the Pistons show up to play.
Hopefully the Suns can beat the Mavs!! I hate Dirk "the flopper"

nasty_daddy
John Ferguson
Posts: 2979
Joined: July 26, 2007, 2:17 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: NBA Thread

Post by nasty_daddy » August 16, 2007, 3:14 pm

Thomas Pirovano [CNTDN] wrote:Does anyone else here like the NBA?? I personally find it a lot more interesting than the NRL these days. Teams come from nowhere to challenge and theres always 5 or so sides who are in with a chance when the playoffs begin. The NRL is too predictable these days.
Yeah i do with a passion.

nasty_daddy
John Ferguson
Posts: 2979
Joined: July 26, 2007, 2:17 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Post by nasty_daddy » August 16, 2007, 3:15 pm

Thomas Pirovano [CNTDN] wrote:Anthony is a cat. LeBron is the second coming!!!

I play at uni, not for a team or anything. I can touch the rim but will never be able to dunk :cry:
You can do it.

nasty_daddy
John Ferguson
Posts: 2979
Joined: July 26, 2007, 2:17 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Post by nasty_daddy » August 16, 2007, 3:28 pm

R@IDER wrote:BUMP THIS THREAD!! No NBA lovers in here?? even with your boi Andrew Bogut going number 1 pick in the draft even!!

Playoff time is about to roll around.
Too bad my Rockets had an injury plagued season, YaoMac will be back bigger and better next year!!
Ed still a Sonics supporter?? :?
Hell no, just as the NBA isn't a sport that you may not like, no need to bump it. I love the NBA more then i like NRL.

User avatar
mike83au
Steve Walters
Posts: 7417
Joined: February 3, 2005, 7:38 am

Post by mike83au » August 16, 2007, 3:33 pm

:lol:

Fair dinkum...

Nick
Mal Meninga
Posts: 55313
Joined: January 6, 2005, 7:21 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: The abyss, ive brought a house in the abyss, im getting mail redirected to the abyss

Post by Nick » August 16, 2007, 4:42 pm

mike83au wrote::lol:

Fair dinkum...
so how do you follow mikey? :lol:
Image
Image
Raiders member no: 4008
Bay 28, Row JJ, Seat 8

greeneyed wrote:Sheens was brought in to build the Cowboys and Tigers. He did both, bringing one a premiership, despite the many injury ridden years of his key playmaker.
^^^
:lol: !

User avatar
mike83au
Steve Walters
Posts: 7417
Joined: February 3, 2005, 7:38 am

Post by mike83au » August 16, 2007, 4:52 pm

Raider_69 wrote:
mike83au wrote::lol:

Fair dinkum...
so how do you follow mikey? :lol:
Does it matter? :lol:

I haven't seen this many threads revived from the dead since... well... yesterday.

turtles
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1335
Joined: July 25, 2007, 7:33 pm

Post by turtles » August 16, 2007, 8:58 pm

mike83au wrote:
Raider_69 wrote:
mike83au wrote::lol:

Fair dinkum...
so how do you follow mikey? :lol:
Does it matter? :lol:

I haven't seen this many threads revived from the dead since... well... yesterday.
haha you could probably thank nasty_daddy for these threads that have awoken from the dead :lol: check out the current affairs bit! haha

User avatar
Shezza
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18297
Joined: March 11, 2008, 12:15 pm

Post by Shezza » April 23, 2008, 9:16 am

Image

Go Jazz[/img]

User avatar
Shezza
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18297
Joined: March 11, 2008, 12:15 pm

Post by Shezza » April 28, 2008, 3:14 pm

NBA? Anyone? (echo) ........................... long silence. :(

Post Reply