The Golf Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Re: The Golf Thread

Post by Begbie »

Nah, was following him around a Melbourne course at the masters a few years back and while he was was waiting for a shot I lined up for a an autograph and took the opportunity to share a story with him about an incident that occurred on Capital golf course in Canberra that I had previously witnessed.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Ok, you've hooked me, now you gotta reel me in. What did you witness?
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Was playing a round with my mate and he teed off on a really small par three. He top slices it and it bounces off grass and skims over the water twice rolls up onto the green and it stops about 5mm from the hole. Had it of gone it would have been the most amazing shot of all time.

This was the story I was trying to relay to Robert when he scoffed and turned away from me.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher

Post by Raider Bell »

You should have lied and told him your mate sunk it! He probably would have bought you a beer.
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Oh, yeah, he'd have bought him a beer. Then he would have poured it all over Begbie's shoes whilst asking him "how dare you - you really think you're good enough to talk to me"?
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher

Post by Raider Bell »

Raider 85 wrote:Oh, yeah, he'd have bought him a beer. Then he would have poured it all over Begbie's shoes whilst asking him "how dare you - you really think you're good enough to talk to me"?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Whatever, say what you want. Sports people are generally twats from my experience. I spent most of my teens/ adolescence admiringing these professional tools. Whenever I have had the experience of talking to one of my heroes or talking to a professional It has been a major disappointment. Professional sportspeople have no character.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That's not true.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Ok GE, you're the expert mate.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher

The Golf Thread

Post by Raider Bell »

Some are nice.

Most are complete douchebags. Never meet your idols. Live in blissful ignorance.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Raider Bell wrote:Some are nice.

Most are complete douchebags. Never meet your idols. Live in blissful ignorance.
Hopefully Croker will be our captain for next 10 years, he definitely doesn't come under this umbrella.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Raider 85 wrote:Oh, yeah, he'd have bought him a beer. Then he would have poured it all over Begbie's shoes whilst asking him "how dare you - you really think you're good enough to talk to me"?

You're quite the smart ass, aren't you? Listen mate, come up with a decent story of your own or plug it.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher

Post by Raider Bell »

Schifty wrote:

Hopefully Croker will be our captain for next 10 years, he definitely doesn't come under this umbrella.
Agreed. I met him for the first and only time the night of the the tigers final in 2010. Fair to say he was pretty devastated, but still seemed to be a nice bloke. We'd be lucky to have him as captain for 10 years.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher

Post by Raider Bell »

Begbie wrote:

You're quite the smart ass, aren't you? Listen mate, come up with a decent story of your own or plug it.
I think R85 was only joking Begs.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Raider Bell wrote:
Schifty wrote:

Agreed. I met him for the first and only time the night of the the tigers final in 2010. Fair to say he was pretty devastated, but still seemed to be a nice bloke. We'd be lucky to have him as captain for 10 years.
Same.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Begbie wrote:

Huh? I was backing you in.

Allenby is a prick, and I'm dead set serious with what I would expect him to do if he bought you a beer.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Raider Bell wrote:
Begbie wrote:

I think R85 was only joking Begs.
I was and wasn't - I certainly wasn't taking the piss out of Begs. What a strange response.

Good grief.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

What's with this "good grief" remark? It had its hey day in the 70s when snoopy first came out and before I was born. It was ok for a laugh a while back but seriously, can we put it to Bed? I mean, good grief!
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Raider 85 wrote:
Begbie wrote:

Allenby is a prick, and I'm dead set serious with what I would expect him to do if he bought you a beer.
Sorry mate, need to keep your defences up in this place or the two nicks come all over you.

You're correct, Allenby is a prick and Im not surprised he was bashed. I bet the "real story" is he was acting like Knob (as usual) in some seedy down town bar and finally someone had a enough and gave him what was coming for they last decade. The story didn't shock me one bit.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

No worries.

No, the story doesnt shock me either.

Regarding "good grief" - I simply picked it up on here, and I love it, so it ain't going anywhere from my end :lol:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Begbie wrote:
Raider 85 wrote:
Begbie wrote:

Sorry mate, need to keep your defences up in this place or the two nicks come all over you.
I dunno about Nicko, but I call that a good time!
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

:lol:

:|
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Begs wants the pipe
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

He was beyond tipsy. This man was blitzed: Another witness to golfer Robert Allenby's attack http://t.co/YEqXajwrWN http://t.co/ecr2RJrG97
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Like I said when it first happened, he had a few too many, was being his usual obnoxious self and some bloke finally had enough and gave him what was coming for his his whole life. Karma sucks, doesn't it Robert?

Remember when he bagged out his Predients Cup team mates for "causing him to play bad" and then Ogilvy wanted to fight him the next weekend "outside"some function. The blokes a pest.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

I love it how he was screaming "you know who I **** am" at the homeless guy, as if the homeless people of Wakiki are somehow ESPN frequents.

Absolute twit
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

And waving his American Express card around boasting he's a millionaire.

Good grief!
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

More stories from homeless men have surfaced contradicting Allenby's version of events.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

I knew he was lying from the moment the story came out. He's a dirty liar.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Begbie wrote:I knew he was lying from the moment the story came out. He's a dirty liar.
It's a funny one - the very day the story came out, lots of people like you felt there was something shady about Allenby's version of events.

I know he's a jerk - of the tallest order - but I knew nothing to suggest he would come up with such an elaborate story such as having been abducted - particularly one which had the potential to be easily contradicted.

What a strange bloke.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

If he had come clean and said he got so plastered that he thought a massive rock on the side of the road was a swimming pool elements of Australia would have thought he was an alright bloke.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Gerg wrote:If he had come clean and said he got so plastered that he thought a massive rock on the side of the road was a swimming pool elements of Australia would have thought he was an alright bloke.
Spot on.

K-Rudd told the country he got plastered and went to a strip club then went on to win an election.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Robert, Robert, Robert, if you had just told the truth straight away we wouldn't hate you so much. Time to come clean mate. "Gaps in your memory" lol
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

See the latest on Allenby? Ran up 4 large on his credit card at the strip club the same night he was "abducted".

Well, that's $4,000 accounted for - just gotta find the remaining $6,000.