The Leeds United Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

KW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Steve "no mans land" Collins

The Leeds United Thread

Post by KW »

So it seems that Leeds United comes second to only the Raiders on this forum in terms of supporters, and its high time the All Whites had their own thread. We had a cracking 09-10, and have got off to a very decent start in 10-11.

QPR have had just one away draw and seven wins to start their campaign, and are looking like strong promotion candidates. Besides them, no-one has really stood out. Leicester, who could quite easily be playing EPL this year, are stone motherless last and looking like relegation battlers.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/LeagueTable/

I joined as an International member again this year, and for only 25 pounds you get some good gear. Im also an Inaugural member of the NSW Leeds United Supporters Club, a collection of members based in NSW (mainly Sydney) who organise to watch games together. They also send out updates regarding the latest Leeds news. They also started a website- http://www.leedsunitedaustralia.com/

This thread is for those who are lucky enough to share the passion for the mighty Raiders and Leeds.

KW
Quality over Quantity Winner - 2007, 2008 and 2010 Golden Boogs Awards
Raiders Member #3383 - Bay 28, Row LL, Seat 6
jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Re: The Leeds United Thread

Post by jedski »

Hi, my name is Bipolar Bear, and I'm a Leeds United supporter.

I went to my first game in 2008, a draw against Brighton. I next attended a game against Hartlepool on Boxing Day last year, this time a win. I also attended two games last month, firstly against Millwall (3-1 win) and Leicester City (2-1 loss :()

Coming up, we've got games in TV against Middlesbrough (shown on Fox Sports 1 at 5:30am 17/10, sadly delayed) and then against Cardiff City (Live on Fox Sports 2 at 5:30am 26/10). But after that, nothing at this stage until 2011 :cry:
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

My name is Fuifui Bradbrad and I too support Leeds United. Started out as a casual fan in 2000 then fell for them when they signed Robbie Fowler. Have been struggling to keep up to date with them since the derelegation but if I'm lucky I can catch some games on Fox Sports.

Never been to a game of theirs, but it is something on the to do list. Love this Leeds United Australia group. Going to definitely look into that one. Thanks KW
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

I'm Kyle 89 and I am a Leeds United fan.

My love of Leeds started in 2000 when I moved to Headingley, Leeds. I was lucky enough to be living in the city during their stella run to the semi finals of the UEFA champions league.
I've been to Elland Road to see Leeds play once, it was a 1-1 draw with the scum Manchester United. Awesome atmosphere and a great game.
I've been keeping an eye on their progress since their fall from grace and I'm looking forward to the rise of Leeds...
Marching on Together.....
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
manbearpig
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Wighton

Post by manbearpig »

Hi, my name is RRAAIIDDEERRSS and i'm a massive chelsea fan since 1998. Have always had a soft spot for Leeds though. The end
Im just, bicking back being bool
KW
David Furner

Post by KW »

looks like I jinxed them! Went down 6-4, thats right, 6-4, overnight to PNE. Match report here http://www.leedsunited.com/page/MatchReport/

We drop down to 10th but only 3 points off automatic promotion. Its very tight at this early stage.

KW
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

KW wrote:looks like I jinxed them! Went down 6-4, thats right, 6-4, overnight to PNE. Match report here http://www.leedsunited.com/page/MatchReport/

We drop down to 10th but only 3 points off automatic promotion. Its very tight at this early stage.

KW
Leeds were up 4-1 at one stage, WOW
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
Raiders Lime Milk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Malcolm Norman Meninga

Post by Raiders Lime Milk »

While I'm a Middlesbrough supporter and not Leeds United, it's good to see some people on here following the Championship. It's not always the easiest gig, but you gotta fly the flag. I've already been to see Boro play this season when I was over there (2-0 loss to Barnsley away) and I think I should get used to them not being in the Premier League as it will be a while before they return.
KW
David Furner

Post by KW »

Raiders Lime Milk wrote:While I'm a Middlesbrough supporter and not Leeds United, it's good to see some people on here following the Championship. It's not always the easiest gig, but you gotta fly the flag. I've already been to see Boro play this season when I was over there (2-0 loss to Barnsley away) and I think I should get used to them not being in the Premier League as it will be a while before they return.
Mate following the Championship is a lot more dignified then 3 looong years in League One.

KW
Raiders Lime Milk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Malcolm Norman Meninga

Post by Raiders Lime Milk »

KW wrote:
Raiders Lime Milk wrote:While I'm a Middlesbrough supporter and not Leeds United, it's good to see some people on here following the Championship. It's not always the easiest gig, but you gotta fly the flag. I've already been to see Boro play this season when I was over there (2-0 loss to Barnsley away) and I think I should get used to them not being in the Premier League as it will be a while before they return.
Mate following the Championship is a lot more dignified then 3 looong years in League One.

KW
That would have been very painful. It was sad seeing Leeds down there and not immediately returning. With that said, I wouldn't rule out Boro dropping this year. They are in turmoil.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Leeds up 4-1 at home only to end up losing 6-4...

:lol:

things could be worse, u could be leicester fans
beetlejuice
David Furner
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by beetlejuice »

my name is beetlejuice and im a Manchester United fan.

It's good to see that there are so many fans willing to stick by the club during its dark times. i look forward to the day where Man U will be playing them on a regular basis.
Love the Raiders, Hate The NRL.
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

beetlejuice wrote:my name is beetlejuice and im a Manchester United fan.

It's good to see that there are so many fans willing to stick by the club during its dark times. i look forward to the day where Man U will be playing them on a regular basis.

My Name Is FREDDO and I'm Also A Manchester United Supporter. Some of my Childhood Memories are of The French Wizard. Eric Cantona Killing Sides and Spectators(Nearly)
Truth Beauty and The Freddo Way
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

ah Cantona's flykick :lol:

Anyway Man United will soon be the 2nd club in Manchester... City are just stockpiling a ridiculously good squad.
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

beetlejuice wrote:i look forward to the day where Man U will be playing them on a regular basis.
I can't wait for the day that Man U are relegated either, but to be honest, I hope that Leeds are back in the Premiership by then.
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

Schifty wrote:ah Cantona's flykick :lol:

Anyway Man United will soon be the 2nd club in Manchester... City are just stockpiling a ridiculously good squad.
yeh he got the bloke a good one that day. that was one of the biggest brain snaps i have ever seen.

City are spending and spending. must say it was a good buy on their part to pick up Carlos Teves.

But with all the players their buying its gonna take at least 18 months to get the right squad and to get the right team balance and harmony.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Hi, I'm Raider47 and a massive Leeds fan. Dad was born there and have never had any thoughts of going for another English club.
Pretty disappointing to lose from 4-1 up against Preston. We're now in tenth. :doubt:
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

Raider47 wrote:Hi, I'm Raider47 and a massive Leeds fan. Dad was born there and have never had any thoughts of going for another English club.
Pretty disappointing to lose from 4-1 up against Preston. We're now in tenth. :doubt:
they'll bounce back this week
Bard
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: JD

Post by Bard »

my name is gus and i dont really have a english team.

why should i support leads?? hha kidding i know its leeds.

is frank lowy still looking at buying them? or did i jsut make that up??? :?
cliffbag
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Jack and Papa

Post by cliffbag »

Also a Manchester United fan.

The "Roses Rivalry" was always great for a young spectator half a world away. I would love to see them play each other on a regular basis again.

But, in saying that, I also hope Leeds die and burn in hell, lol. Kind of like Man City and Liverpool. It would be a sad league without having those fierce rivalries, but i would still cheer their downfall with glee (just as i did Leeds, lol).

Man City are spending, but they have chosen the wrong time to do it. If it was a few years back, they could've enjoyed success like Chelsea, but now there are too many regulations in the pipeline that will see debt-ridden clubs excluded from European football etc. Tevez is quickly becoming too much of a distraction for them, too. He's now whingeing about football leaving him unfulfilled and has spoken a few times about quitting etc.

I've had enough fun laughing at Leeds, i really do wish they would return to the top league, though. Let one of the others (please dear God... Liverpoo) suffer the same downfall and spend some years in exile.

Oh, and ps.... Cantona had no brain snap... he just kicked the guy so he could educate the world about sardines. Favourite player/philosopher of all time.
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

its all about ryan giggs or should i say SIR RYAN GIGGS if anyone that is still playing deserves to be knighted its him.
KW
David Furner

Post by KW »

Too much Man U rubish polluting this thread IMO. For all the Leeds fans, pretty sure our game tonight against Boro is being shown on delay on Fox 1 at 5:30am. Set the IQ / tape and watch it when you get up.

KW
beetlejuice
David Furner

Post by beetlejuice »

KW wrote:Too much Man U rubish polluting this thread IMO. For all the Leeds fans, pretty sure our game tonight against Boro is being shown on delay on Fox 1 at 5:30am. Set the IQ / tape and watch it when you get up.

KW
he's right, lets all concentrate on something we call all agree on, the slow a public death of Liverpool!!!
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

Leeds United 2 - Middlesborough 1.

Marching on Together...
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Caught the very end of the LU v Boro game ... Good result for us ... at first I thought I might have missed the live version but it seems the delayed version was the only one on show
KW
David Furner

Post by KW »

yeah it was on delay rob, I taped it and watched it in the afternoon. pretty good effort, becchios goal was stunning, as was his attempt later in the match that smashed into the woodwork. moves us to 9th, still 6 points outside automatic promotion and 1 point outside play-offs. 4 of our next 6 are at home as well as away games at Coventry and lowly Scunthorpe so hopefully we can get on a bit of a run.

KW
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

This Sunday morning was live EPL on FS1, Currie Cup semi's on FS2 and European golf on FS3.

Coming up we've got Leeds vs Cardiff (FS2 26/10 @ 5:30), at this stage it looks like our last TV game of the year :cry:
KW
David Furner

Post by KW »

Leeds v Leicester at Elland Road tonight. Leicester are really struggling and are currently in the relegation zone. That being said, the Foxes have already beaten us at home this year, in the League Cup, and they will take great confidence out of that. Revenge is required tonight.

As an aside, apparently Leeds have played against Leicester more than any other side in our history. Also, Woodgers supports the foxes so its extra important we get the 3 points.

KW
beetlejuice
David Furner

Post by beetlejuice »

I pitty the fools who will draw leeds in the FA cup!!!
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

beetlejuice wrote:I pitty the fools who will draw leeds in the FA cup!!!
by co-incidence, it was a bunch of fools that we played in January this year :D
beetlejuice
David Furner

Post by beetlejuice »

Bipolar Bear wrote:
beetlejuice wrote:I pitty the fools who will draw leeds in the FA cup!!!
by co-incidence, it was a bunch of fools that we played in January this year :D
oh that was painful :nooo
KW
David Furner

Post by KW »

Leeds go down 2-1. Very frustrating. Looks like automatic promotion is well out of reach if we are losing to relegation batlers at home. Perhaps aiming for the play off positions is more realistic.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

KW wrote:Leeds go down 2-1. Very frustrating. Looks like automatic promotion is well out of reach if we are losing to relegation batlers at home. Perhaps aiming for the play off positions is more realistic.
They seem to be very inconsistent. Leeds are losing to teams they should beat and beating the better teams.... sounds like another team i support :hmmm
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

**** losing 3 valuable points to a low placed team remnds me of the 80's when we spent time in the old div2 often missing out by a few places of gaining promotion to the top flight div1/epl.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Leicester are hardly mugs in Championship terms. They came equal 3rd last year, the squad has barely changed and they've just had a slow start to the season. The change of Manager has done wonders. Some people are kidding themselves thinking Leeds are world beaters or something.

Leeds are probably punching above their weight to be where they are. It is a long season though, it is only 12 games in. Christmas will tell us more about how things are shaping up. I reckon my Foxes will make a damn good run and make the playoffs, the start will prevent the auto promotion though i'd imagine. I reckon we'll finish above Leeds anyway.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.