Page 183 of 186

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 5, 2019, 8:28 am
by Northern Raider
Matt wrote:
September 5, 2019, 6:51 am
90 mill.
50 guaranteed.
6 more yrs.
Boom!
= ruptured ACL

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 5, 2019, 8:30 am
by PigRickman
Boom indeed...
90mil, with half gtd for a RB, when no SB champ in the last five years has had a RB on the roster for more an 1-2mil

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 5, 2019, 8:35 am
by Matt
PigRickman wrote:
September 5, 2019, 8:30 am
Boom indeed...
90mil gtd for a RB, when no SB champ in the last five years has had a RB on the roster for more an 1-2mil
Q is, is he the best RB is the game? Or at least top 3. AND, is he likely to stay there for the next 3-4yrs? If the answer is yes, its money well spent.

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 5, 2019, 8:54 am
by PigRickman
Well... no, that's the entire thing about position value.
That even if he's the best RB in the game for 3-4 years, it's not money well spent.

RB's are highly reliant on situation around, the OL, QB, the scheme, as well as their health, they deteriorate at a level greater than any other positions, basically every smart team in the league are drafting running backs, running them into the ground and letting them walk (not at all dissimilar to what the cowboys themselves did with DeMarco Murray)

According to football outsiders
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb/2018

Zeke was 9th in DYAR, which is Defensive Yards Adjusted Above Replacement. He's 18th in DVOA for RB's in 2018.
Now some of that is funny maths and no one actually thinks Zeke isnt one of the best 2-3 RBS in football but what it does do, and as has been proven in games Zeke missed with guys like Alfred Morris coming in and putting up yards... you can get 70-80% of what Zeke gives you for 1-2mil a year, and that other 12-13m can be used to supplement the team with a great corner, or a stud WR, or improved line play

I don't think you can win the SB paying your RB's like this. Not in 2019. I can tell you eagles fans are overjoyed at this news. Hopefully means someone like Amari, or Byron Jones or eventually some of those OLmen who are starting to age out are going to get squeezed out, especially once the Dak deal hits the books.

The question actually is, if you're trying to build a team that is deep enough to win a SB...

Are you better off with Zeke Elliott for 60mil over 4 years, or 75% of what Zeke gives you for 6-7m over 4 years?

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 5, 2019, 8:58 am
by Matt
PigRickman wrote:
September 5, 2019, 8:54 am
Well... no, that's the entire thing about position value.
That even if he's the best RB in the game for 3-4 years, it's not money well spent.

RB's are highly reliant on situation around, the OL, QB, the scheme, as well as their health, they deteriorate at a level greater than any other positions, basically every smart team in the league are drafting running backs, running them into the ground and letting them walk (not at all dissimilar to what the cowboys themselves did with DeMarco Murray)

According to football outsiders
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb/2018

Zeke was 9th in DYAR, which is Defensive Yards Adjusted Above Replacement. He's 18th in DVOA for RB's in 2018.
Now some of that is funny maths and no one actually thinks Zeke isnt one of the best 2-3 RBS in football but what it does do, and as has been proven in games Zeke missed with guys like Alfred Morris coming in and putting up yards... you can get 70-80% of what Zeke gives you for 1-2mil a year, and that other 12-13m can be used to supplement the team with a great corner, or a stud WR, or improved line play

I don't think you can win the SB paying your RB's like this. Not in 2019. I can tell you eagles fans are overjoyed at this news. Hopefully means someone like Amari, or Byron Jones or eventually some of those OLmen who are starting to age out are going to get squeezed out, especially once the Dak deal hits the books.

The question actually is, if you're trying to build a team that is deep enough to win a SB...

Are you better off with Zeke Elliott for 60mil over 4 years, or 75% of what Zeke gives you for 6-7m over 4 years?
Cap maths is the only argument. Ultimately, we will have to wait and see, but the guy is super special, and can win games himself, thats whats the extra coin is for.

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 6, 2019, 9:45 am
by mick63
Just announced that 7mate have an early Sunday game and a late afternoon game (U.S time)scheduled.

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 6, 2019, 9:50 am
by the bone
Before the season starts (in less than an hour!), here are my predictions for division standings:

NFC East
Eagles
Cowboys (WC)
Giants
Redskins

NFC South
Falcons
Saints
Panthers
Bucs

NFC West
Seahawks
Rams (WC)
49ers
Cardinals

NFC North
Packers
Vikings
Bears
Lions

AFC East
Patriots
Bills
Jets
Dolphins

AFC South
Jags
Colts
Texans
Titans

AFC North
Steelers
Browns (WC)
Ravens
Bengals

AFC West
Chiefs
Chargers (WC)
Raiders
Broncos

Bold predictions:
- Bears and Saints to have disappointing seasons and miss the playoffs
- Keenan Allen to have the most receiving yards
- Rodgers for MVP

Super Bowl - Chiefs vs Packers (EDIT: This pick was made 2 days before AB signed with the Pats. I reserve the right to change this pick to Pats vs Packers)


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 6, 2019, 9:53 am
by Matt
Gutsy not picking Rams to top their div.

Colts wont be 2nd in theirs without Luck. It will be Texans.

AFC North... Fingers, paper, rock, lizard, Spock for that one. Anyone can win it... except the Bengals, they will choke, as usual

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 6, 2019, 10:16 am
by the bone
Matt wrote:
September 6, 2019, 9:53 am
Gutsy not picking Rams to top their div.

Colts wont be 2nd in theirs without Luck. It will be Texans.

AFC North... Fingers, paper, rock, lizard, Spock for that one. Anyone can win it... except the Bengals, they will choke, as usual
My thoughts...
I'm expecting a Super Bowl hangover for the Rams.

Texans O-line outside of Tunsil still stinks (though I do love Watson). Colts have a good team and Jacoby is a decent QB.

I don't think Ravens are in it... I don't trust Lamar Jackson and they lost a few key pieces on defense

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 6, 2019, 11:12 am
by Northern Raider
Browns the movers and shakers this year based on their roster moves. Have built a quality list and if Mayfield lives up to his No1 pick status then we might see some fireworks.

The again it is the Browns. :(

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 7, 2019, 8:17 pm
by PigRickman
My predictions

Super Bowl: Eagles beat the Cheifs
SB MVP: Carson Wentz
AFCCG: Patriots @ Cheifs
NFCCG: Vikings @ Eagles
Off. Rookie: Kyler Murray
Def. Rookie: Devin Bush
Off. POY: Patrick Mahomes
Def. POY: Aaron Donald
MVP: Carson Wentz
Coach of the Year: Doug Pederson
First coach sacked: Jay Gruden
Most receptions: Juju Smith-Schuster
Most rec. yards: Julio Jones
Most rush yards: Ezekiel Elliott
Most TDs thrown: Patrick Mahomes
Overachiever: Titans
Underachiever: Browns (the hype is a year too early)

NFC E - Eagles
NFC W - Rams
NFC S - Atlanta
NFC N - Packers
Wild cards - Vikings and Carolina

AFC E - Pats
AFC W - Chiefs
AFC S - Colts
AFC N - Steelers
Wild cards - Ravens and Chargers

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 7, 2019, 9:35 pm
by Matt
I don't see any home team bias in that list at all @pigrickman

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 8, 2019, 7:29 am
by PrimetimeRaider
The Patriots just signed Antonio Brown.

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 8, 2019, 8:17 am
by mick63
PrimetimeRaider wrote:
September 8, 2019, 7:29 am
The Patriots just signed Antonio Brown.
Too late for week 1?

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 8, 2019, 8:28 am
by the bone
PrimetimeRaider wrote:
September 8, 2019, 7:29 am
The Patriots just signed Antonio Brown.
The rich get richer :thumbsdown

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 8, 2019, 8:31 am
by Matt
Hooooooow?
Lock pats into the SB

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 8, 2019, 8:48 am
by the bone
Matt wrote:
September 8, 2019, 8:31 am
Hooooooow?
Lock pats into the SB
Yep. I have edited the post with my Super Bowl picks accordingly

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 8, 2019, 12:24 pm
by Matt
Pats have Josh Gordon too. If they keep him on the field, between him, AB and Tom, they will avg over 30pts easy

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 8, 2019, 9:21 pm
by PigRickman
it **** stinks
Everything **** stinks

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 9, 2019, 4:29 am
by the bone
Wow, the Ravens are beating the Dolphins 42-3, and it's not even half time yet!

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 9, 2019, 9:55 am
by Matt
the bone wrote:
September 9, 2019, 4:29 am
Wow, the Ravens are beating the Dolphins 42-3, and it's not even half time yet!
Dolphins go off the bus at halftime and lost 17-7 in the 2nd half. 59-10 OOPH! Phins are even worse than I thought they would be.

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 9, 2019, 9:57 am
by Matt
1st drive 2019 Cowboys punt. Then...

2nd TD Jarwin,
3rd TD Witten,
4th TD Cooper,
5th TD Cobb,
6th TD Elliott

Finish with 3 punts and a kneel

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 9, 2019, 10:03 am
by Matt
Philly had to come over the top of the skins.
@Pigrickman, were you worried?

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 9, 2019, 10:05 am
by Matt
I woulndt have said the Titoons were 30pts better than the Browns coming into wk 1.
Not sure 49ers are better than and Arians coached Buccs, but 9ers won.
Rest looks about right to me.

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 9, 2019, 11:07 am
by PigRickman
Matt wrote:
September 9, 2019, 10:03 am
Philly had to come over the top of the skins.
@Pigrickman, were you worried?
I was pretty **** concerned down 17-0 and showing no signs of stopping Case god damn Keenum and a bunch of ham and eggers at WR
But feels like the the team just wasnt really switched on at all, and once they got locked in, they dominated the game. Lucky escape in that i dont think we can expect to spot teams a 17 point lead every week

Wentz to Jackson is going to be a season long problem for the NFL

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 9, 2019, 11:11 am
by Matt
PigRickman wrote:
September 9, 2019, 11:07 am
Matt wrote:
September 9, 2019, 10:03 am
Philly had to come over the top of the skins.
@Pigrickman, were you worried?
I was pretty **** concerned down 17-0 and showing no signs of stopping Case god damn Keenum and a bunch of ham and eggers at WR
But feels like the the team just wasnt really switched on at all, and once they got locked in, they dominated the game. Lucky escape in that i dont think we can expect to spot teams a 17 point lead every week

Wentz to Jackson is going to be a season long problem for the NFL
Id argue Brady to Brown/ Gordon is worse

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 9, 2019, 4:11 pm
by Matt
WOOOOOW!
Pats handed Steelers a 1st class Whoopin'!

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 9, 2019, 5:55 pm
by gergreg
Another long year for both NY teams.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk


Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 9, 2019, 7:50 pm
by PigRickman
Matt wrote:
September 9, 2019, 11:11 am
PigRickman wrote:
September 9, 2019, 11:07 am
Matt wrote:
September 9, 2019, 10:03 am
Philly had to come over the top of the skins.
@Pigrickman, were you worried?
I was pretty **** concerned down 17-0 and showing no signs of stopping Case god damn Keenum and a bunch of ham and eggers at WR
But feels like the the team just wasnt really switched on at all, and once they got locked in, they dominated the game. Lucky escape in that i dont think we can expect to spot teams a 17 point lead every week

Wentz to Jackson is going to be a season long problem for the NFL
Id argue Brady to Brown/ Gordon is worse
No, no. You misunderstand the phrase, im not saying it's the biggest or most threatening combination in the league, that probably belongs to Patty Mahomes and Reek/Kelce, and yeah Brady/Brown

Im just saying every single week who ever is playing the eagles is going to have to have a very clear and sound plan for how they deal with Wentz/Jackson. His speed is still at the very top of elite and he tracks the long ball as well as any in the league, and what the does to open up the underneith routes and run game is similar to why the Chiefs value Hill so much.

FWIW i am eager to see how this dallas offence looks against a better team but the early returns on the Kellen Moore is that this is a much more creative scheme and is actually a scheme that belongs in 2019. Which im not thrilled about.

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 9, 2019, 8:58 pm
by Matt
PigRickman wrote:
September 9, 2019, 7:50 pm
Matt wrote:
September 9, 2019, 11:11 am
PigRickman wrote:
September 9, 2019, 11:07 am
Matt wrote:
September 9, 2019, 10:03 am
Philly had to come over the top of the skins.
@Pigrickman, were you worried?
I was pretty **** concerned down 17-0 and showing no signs of stopping Case god damn Keenum and a bunch of ham and eggers at WR
But feels like the the team just wasnt really switched on at all, and once they got locked in, they dominated the game. Lucky escape in that i dont think we can expect to spot teams a 17 point lead every week

Wentz to Jackson is going to be a season long problem for the NFL
Id argue Brady to Brown/ Gordon is worse
No, no. You misunderstand the phrase, im not saying it's the biggest or most threatening combination in the league, that probably belongs to Patty Mahomes and Reek/Kelce, and yeah Brady/Brown

Im just saying every single week who ever is playing the eagles is going to have to have a very clear and sound plan for how they deal with Wentz/Jackson. His speed is still at the very top of elite and he tracks the long ball as well as any in the league, and what the does to open up the underneith routes and run game is similar to why the Chiefs value Hill so much.

FWIW i am eager to see how this dallas offence looks against a better team but the early returns on the Kellen Moore is that this is a much more creative scheme and is actually a scheme that belongs in 2019. Which im not thrilled about.
:lol:

I know Dak isn't Wentz, Mahomes, Brady etc, but he has weapons this yr, so at least there should be more 1 in 1 passing options. 5 straight TDs gives me heaps of confidence in Moore's ability to at least mix it up. Better yet, Zeke was barely involved, so it could get better.

I'm glad our TEs finally get a chance to learn from Witz day to day. A yr late, but still.

I'm still very worried about our 2ndary.

DJax still has it, and Wentz is quality. If he stays fit and motivated, that combo should work wonders.

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 10, 2019, 12:18 pm
by the bone
Epic MNF game going on right now


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 10, 2019, 8:22 pm
by Matt
Raiders win in Rd1. Let's hope its an omen

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 11, 2019, 9:21 am
by Northern Raider
Matt wrote:
September 9, 2019, 4:11 pm
WOOOOOW!
Pats handed Steelers a 1st class Whoopin'!
Pats are a gimme for AFC East title again. They only need to be half decent this year to do it. Their division rivals suck.

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 11, 2019, 9:23 am
by Matt
Texans vs Saints was an awesome game.

Re: NFL Thread

Posted: September 11, 2019, 4:32 pm
by reptar
Which Game Pass should I get? Going to get into it this season