Haha no Wentz
Going to be great to see those Dak and Goff extensions coming at 35mil
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

Cowboys cut Hurns.
I expected this as soon as he went down, weird that it took til now to do it.
We signed quarterback Taryn Christion from the Seahawks.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

https://wwos.nine.com.au/news/valentine ... ocial-WWOS

I read this and think Holmes might make the 53 as their punt return man. Interesting
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Has Zeke shown up yet?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: August 1, 2019, 11:32 am Has Zeke shown up yet?
Nope.
Im not worried about a top 3 RB:
A) getting paid
B) being ready to go come Wk 1
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Holmes had some nice touches on debut for the Jets.

BUUUUUUT...

Go check out Christian Wade, English rugby players, 1st touch for the Bills.
TO
DA
HOUUUUUSE!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Val Holmes highlight package here. (hope it works)

https://www.nfl.com/share/32052020-2020 ... 3433353432

First couple of runs looked hesitant, which can be expected. A couple of real nice catches out of the backfield. Also a solid 5 yard gain up the middle where he looked quite comfortable.

Overall it wasn't a bad intro to NFL. Keep in mind this was 4th qtr pre-season which is effectively 3rd/4th team stuff. Equivalent of reserve grade.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: August 9, 2019, 3:26 pm Holmes had some nice touches on debut for the Jets.

BUUUUUUT...

TO
DA
HOUUUUUSE!
Christian Wade 65yd TD run. His only touch of the game. He's got some wheels.

https://www.nfl.com/share/32052020-2020 ... 3433343134
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: August 9, 2019, 3:50 pm
Matt wrote: August 9, 2019, 3:26 pm Holmes had some nice touches on debut for the Jets.

BUUUUUUT...

TO
DA
HOUUUUUSE!

Neither of those links worked for me
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: August 9, 2019, 4:23 pm
Northern Raider wrote: August 9, 2019, 3:50 pm

BUUUUUUT...

TO
DA
HOUUUUUSE!

Neither of those links worked for me
Doesn't seem to be any other way of sharing the video link via NFL.com. Anyway you can go to the Game Day page and its among the Highlights video list on the right.

Bills vs Colts
https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20190808 ... 2019080853

Jets vs Giants
https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20190808 ... 2019080860
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

it's on foxsports website/app.

Pigman would've scored that Wade touchdown, opened like Moses parting the sea
Edrick The Entertainer
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I think i can get 6 yards on that Wade touchdown but when he hits his cut in the backfield and accelerates past the angle, that's pretty impressive
granted that safety is probably stacking cans at Walmart 6 months from now, but that run flashed REAL nfl traits

Good start for Wade

Holmes made some good plays in the pass game too, that's helpful for his NFL case. It kind of fits in with how i viewed him, his skill set is best suited to WR but its such a refined positon that it would be very tough for him to make it there outright. He runs like a RL player as a RB. Not lowering his pad level, too upright... Alvin Kamara runs a bit like that, but he's very special and Val Holmes isnt...so that's a technique thing that'll need to be corrected if he's to make something of himself in this code
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: August 1, 2019, 11:19 am https://wwos.nine.com.au/news/valentine ... ocial-WWOS

I read this and think Holmes might make the 53 as their punt return man. Interesting
He's not making the roster, im fairly confident of that. The jets are pretty good at WR actually, with Anderson, Crowder and Enuwa, and he wont play ST unless it is as a returner and he's shown nothing there yet. At RB they have lev, Billy Powell and Ty Montgomery... like there is no reason to believe they'd carry him on the roster when:

a) they can carry him as a PS player as an NFL subsidy and wont count to their PS 10
b) extremely unlikely anyone claims him on waivers on if he's moved there because 1) they dont do that with these international players awarded to teams and b) he's not shown enough for anyone to bother yet
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: August 9, 2019, 10:07 pm I think i can get 6 yards on that Wade touchdown but when he hits his cut in the backfield and accelerates past the angle, that's pretty impressive
granted that safety is probably stacking cans at Walmart 6 months from now, but that run flashed REAL nfl traits

Good start for Wade

Holmes made some good plays in the pass game too, that's helpful for his NFL case. It kind of fits in with how i viewed him, his skill set is best suited to WR but its such a refined positon that it would be very tough for him to make it there outright. He runs like a RL player as a RB. Not lowering his pad level, too upright... Alvin Kamara runs a bit like that, but he's very special and Val Holmes isnt...so that's a technique thing that'll need to be corrected if he's to make something of himself in this code
TBF, half those guys will be stacking shelves in a couple of months.
However, that kinda run might just keep him in the mix til the last cut. (As in might make the 53 rather than just international spot).
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/115 ... 00416?s=21

Mailata getting some more good press
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

PigRickman wrote:https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/115 ... 00416?s=21

God I just love the level of analysis in the US.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

PigRickman wrote: August 10, 2019, 11:02 am https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/115 ... 00416?s=21

Pretty impressive on that video. Watch how quick his first move is off the snap.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: August 10, 2019, 12:38 pm
PigRickman wrote:https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/115 ... 00416?s=21

God I just love the level of analysis in the US.

Just a totally different level of analysis
And baldy is one of the best in the business at breaking down tape
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: August 10, 2019, 1:49 pm
PigRickman wrote: August 10, 2019, 11:02 am https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/115 ... 00416?s=21

Pretty impressive on that video. Watch how quick his first move is off the snap.
Yeah I watched a lot of that game on NFL gamepass and commented to a mate of mine who’s into the nfl too that he just looked like your average run of the mill NFL tackle

Which is incredible progress in such a short space of time
Philly is INSANELY deep along the OL... and Andre Dillard looked outstanding too, so I don’t know what they do with Mailata and Big V, but I think they could move either for significant compensation

The Texans for example just traded a 3rd for Duke Johnson. They’d have been better off giving up a 2nd for one of those philly back ups

I really think Mailata will start games in the NFL
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: August 10, 2019, 5:39 pm
Northern Raider wrote: August 10, 2019, 1:49 pm

Yeah I watched a lot of that game on NFL gamepass and commented to a mate of mine who’s into the nfl too that he just looked like your average run of the mill NFL tackle

Which is incredible progress in such a short space of time
Philly is INSANELY deep along the OL... and Andre Dillard looked outstanding too, so I don’t know what they do with Mailata and Big V, but I think they could move either for significant compensation

The Texans for example just traded a 3rd for Duke Johnson. They’d have been better off giving up a 2nd for one of those philly back ups

I really think Mailata will start games in the NFL
Its pretty impressive for a gut that has only had 2yr learning the game. He looks better than average IMO. That was starter ability for sure
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Mailata played a lot of snaps against 7th overall pick Josh Allen, he got beaten very badly on one snap, and otherwise owned the match up
Really impressive how much he’s developing

He could start in the NFL. He’d be a bad starter right now if he had to start but you could play him. He’s better than at least 3-4 starting RT’s right now

He’s already a far superior NFL player to Hayne, and it’s not particularly close tbh

I think 12 months from now he’ll be someone’s starting tackle on a pretty good size deal
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

PigRickman wrote:Mailata played a lot of snaps against 7th overall pick Josh Allen, he got beaten very badly on one snap, and otherwise owned the match up
Really impressive how much he’s developing

He could start in the NFL. He’d be a bad starter right now if he had to start but you could play him. He’s better than at least 3-4 starting RT’s right now

He’s already a far superior NFL player to Hayne, and it’s not particularly close tbh

I think 12 months from now he’ll be someone’s starting tackle on a pretty good size deal
How old is he?

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Still only 22
Guys drafted come in older, he’s potentially got 10-15 years left of a career
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

PigRickman wrote:Still only 22
Guys drafted come in older, he’s potentially got 10-15 years left of a career
Great to see a young bloke go over and really give it a red hot go. Did that other Aussie make it? I can't remember his name but there was a bit of publicity about 5 years ago. Blonde haired fella who went through the college system.

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Aussie punters don't seem to get the "don't tackle" rules...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/aussie ... 59631a49e5
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Jaylon Smith and the Dallas Cowboys have come to terms on a longterm contract extension, Cowboys CEO Stephen Jones announced during a press conference Tuesday afternoon.

Smith, a middle linebacker who started all 16 games as the Cowboys last season, received a five-year extension worth $64 million that includes $35.5 million guaranteed. He was in the final deal of his rookie contract prior to signing his extension.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Thats some serious coin. Would have to be up there with the highest paid ILBs.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: August 21, 2019, 3:57 pm Thats some serious coin. Would have to be up there with the highest paid ILBs.
Piggy could tell you that.
The guy is good enough to be among the best ILBs in the NFL though, so pay him that way. At least LVE has a few yrs on rookie coin :D
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

He's really good, was an elite talent coming out of college, probably a top 3 pick as an ILB. Destroyed his knee in his final bowl game, and feel to the second round
Took him 3 years to finally return to himself and last year really came on strong... here's the problem... and this is not my work, this is from Bill Barnwell on twitter

Dallas are trying to get a deal done with Dak, Zeke and Cooper... and if they play it out with Jaylon Smith... they'd have him under contract for 1.3mil, and could apply a RFA tag to him in 2020 which would be 4.8m

So instead of 6.1mil over the next 2 years, they'll instead pay 19mil so they've got the exclusive rights to decide if they want to pay him a further 50.8mil for the next 3-4 years... which sounds alright, doesnt it? You pay big now, and then in 2021-2025 you have a potential game changer at about 10-12mil a year? Yeah that's not gonna be how it works, if he's a stud then, hold outs will ensue, posturing by Jaylon and his management.... and eventually that deal get redone with more added money to keep him in line.

You'll do that dance eventually anyways, but given they are trying to sign Dak, Zeke and Cooper... Dak who isnt signing for a cent less than Wentz signed for, that's going to be 30mil BARE minimum, Zeke is looking for Gurley money(roughly 13-14mil average) and Cooper will be inline for 17-18mil a year...

This deal feels a little premature and could really impact them in the next 2-3 years in terms of retaining someone like Byron Jones or LVE, or one of their OLmen.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: August 21, 2019, 7:28 pm He's really good, was an elite talent coming out of college, probably a top 3 pick as an ILB. Destroyed his knee in his final bowl game, and feel to the second round
Took him 3 years to finally return to himself and last year really came on strong... here's the problem... and this is not my work, this is from Bill Barnwell on twitter

Dallas are trying to get a deal done with Dak, Zeke and Cooper... and if they play it out with Jaylon Smith... they'd have him under contract for 1.3mil, and could apply a RFA tag to him in 2020 which would be 4.8m

So instead of 6.1mil over the next 2 years, they'll instead pay 19mil so they've got the exclusive rights to decide if they want to pay him a further 50.8mil for the next 3-4 years... which sounds alright, doesnt it? You pay big now, and then in 2021-2025 you have a potential game changer at about 10-12mil a year? Yeah that's not gonna be how it works, if he's a stud then, hold outs will ensue, posturing by Jaylon and his management.... and eventually that deal get redone with more added money to keep him in line.

You'll do that dance eventually anyways, but given they are trying to sign Dak, Zeke and Cooper... Dak who isnt signing for a cent less than Wentz signed for, that's going to be 30mil BARE minimum, Zeke is looking for Gurley money(roughly 13-14mil average) and Cooper will be inline for 17-18mil a year...

This deal feels a little premature and could really impact them in the next 2-3 years in terms of retaining someone like Byron Jones or LVE, or one of their OLmen.
All those guys were gonna hold out/ get paid anyway. They all deserve to be too. I don't think Dak is worth more than Wentz, nor equal, but he'll get it.

I'm not 100% sold on Jones, but he is the best we have. If we lost an OL then so be it. Losing LVE would be awful
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Luck is retiring age 29. WOW. Poor guy must be busted.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andr ... r-reports/
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Unbelievable ay. Injuries must have taken a huge toll on him both physically and mentally

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Stunner. Absolute stunner
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Wow, that's a massive hole in their roster. Could also see them disappear as a playoff contender. Reckon they will be shopping hard for an immediate replacement, or at least some insurance in case Bissett doesn't step up.