RB: Zeke Elliott
RB: Carlos Hyde
WR: Stefon Diggs
WR: Julian Edelman
FLEX: James White
FLEX: Chris Godwin
TE: Jimmy Graham
DST: Denver Broncos

Bench: Darren Sproles, Aaron Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, Brandon Marshall, Antonio Callaway

Going to need Chris Godwin to step up, Hyde to stay healthy and Aaron Jones to take the Packers backfield when he gets back.
I think in a 14 team league that's a pretty solid team. If i can get out of the first month dealing with Edelman and Jones suspensions at 2-2, then that starting line up is gonna be pretty great
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: September 6, 2018, 7:38 am Ended up with:

QB: Cam Newton
Superflex: Matt Ryan
RB: Zeke Elliott
RB: Carlos Hyde
WR: Stefon Diggs
WR: Julian Edelman
FLEX: James White
FLEX: Chris Godwin
TE: Jimmy Graham
DST: Denver Broncos

Bench: Darren Sproles, Aaron Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, Brandon Marshall, Antonio Callaway

Going to need Chris Godwin to step up, Hyde to stay healthy and Aaron Jones to take the Packers backfield when he gets back.
I think in a 14 team league that's a pretty solid team. If i can get out of the first month dealing with Edelman and Jones suspensions at 2-2, then that starting line up is gonna be pretty great
Looks really solid to me.
2 top tier QBs, esp the fantasy happy Cam.
2 starting RBs, and 1 that is the entire offense.
A solid defense too.
A little weak at WR, relying on Diggs to go big, because the rest are all upper middle guys, but with Marshall, Benjamin amd Callaway on the bench, you at least have options. Was it Edelman or Admendola that left Pats?
TBH, I think Jimmy could be your weakest link, but only time will tell.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Yeah im not wild about my WRS
Im hoping that if Aaron Jones can get the Packers backfield, that i'll have RB depth to package up something like White/Edelman for a better WR

I think TE is weak for everyone who didnt get Gronk, Kelce or Ertz... so in 14 teams, 3 have elite players i think Graham is the next best. I think ive got a better TE than 10 other teams, so that's fine by me.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Yeah fair call.
On paper you are right, But ill bet 1 of those 10 guys gets a fluke stud
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

I’ve tipped the falcons to get the upset

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

the bone wrote: September 7, 2018, 10:50 am I’ve tipped the falcons to get the upset

Tight tussle of 2 good teams so far
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Hold on, wait a minute, y'all thought we were finished?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: September 7, 2018, 3:10 pm Hold on, wait a minute, y'all thought we were finished?
I commented at halftime. It was still tight.

My Q is... how on earth did Foles get you home?!?!?
Julio torched you for 180yds.
Hell... Agolor had a better passing game than Foles did. :lol:
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Football is the ultimate team game. Foles made just enough plays, the D put the Offence on their shoulders.
1-0

You're move NFC E. No Bradham, no Wentz, No Jeffery, Peters, Hicks and Sproles all coming back from major injuries... Eagles still the class of the conference.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: September 7, 2018, 3:47 pm Football is the ultimate team game. Foles made just enough plays, the D put the Offence on their shoulders.
1-0

You're move NFC E. No Bradham, no Wentz, No Jeffery, Peters, Hicks and Sproles all coming back from major injuries... Eagles still the class of the conference.
Im not looking forward to playing you twice this yr
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

FWIW i was fairly sure we'd lose today, speaks volumes about the depth of the team and the coaching that they could muster a win

Jason Peters is a total monster btw, Jordan Mailata probably doesnt even know how lucky he is to have one of the best LTs of all time showing him the ropes. Incredible stuff
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: September 7, 2018, 4:12 pm FWIW i was fairly sure we'd lose today, speaks volumes about the depth of the team and the coaching that they could muster a win

Jason Peters is a total monster btw, Jordan Mailata probably doesnt even know how lucky he is to have one of the best LTs of all time showing him the ropes. Incredible stuff
Im impressed u won with less yardage. Both Ds looked great
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Undefeated season for the Eagles. The phins record is looking shaky.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

haha, indeed
19-0
Let's do it
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Who can stop them? Nobody. Brady is well passed his best.😛
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Wentz is coming off an ACL. He wont fire on all cylinders early. BUUUUT... he will still be better than Foles
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Wentz is the heir to the throne, short of this injury and others crippling him, i honestly dont see how he's not the face of the league in a post brady, brees, rodgers era

He's white and a gun toting, god botherer... which is oddly important in that culture.
He runs just enough to be exciting, he can throw insane bombs, he's fantasy relevant and he's the most cerebral qb since Manning in terms of the LOS and he's in a giant media market.

He's basically the quintessential franchise qb. Ive never had more faith in an athlete as i do Wentz, the guy is incredible. History will not be kind to those who stood on the side of Dak Prescott in the Wentz v Dak debate.
Dak will be a high end back up in 3 years time
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: September 7, 2018, 10:21 pm Wentz is the heir to the throne, short of this injury and others crippling him, i honestly dont see how he's not the face of the league in a post brady, brees, rodgers era

He's white and a gun toting, god botherer... which is oddly important in that culture.
He runs just enough to be exciting, he can throw insane bombs, he's fantasy relevant and he's the most cerebral qb since Manning in terms of the LOS and he's in a giant media market.

He's basically the quintessential franchise qb. Ive never had more faith in an athlete as i do Wentz, the guy is incredible. History will not be kind to those who stood on the side of Dak Prescott in the Wentz v Dak debate.
Dak will be a high end back up in 3 years time
Im well aware of what Wentz is. Im just saying u dont hit the ground running after an ACL. There is a feeling out process. Mental mostly, about your knees fitness.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Hit the bricks, Dak
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: September 10, 2018, 10:49 am Hit the bricks, Dak
Thanks mate
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

My worries for this yr.
1. How long will it take for a new offense to gel? Today... ummm... Yep, it was ugly.
2. Can our secondary get us off the field? The early turnover gave me hope (even if it was a DT), but nope, not enough.
3. How will our run game go without Fredrick? Today, noticeabley disjointed.

Lee had a shocker today. Rare for him, so hopefully that's out of his system. He should have been on the edge to stop Cam running a few times, and it cost us big. A TD, plus 2 or 3 big runs.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: September 10, 2018, 11:19 am My worries for this yr.
1. How long will it take for a new offense to gel? Today... ummm... Yep, it was ugly.
2. Can our secondary get us off the field? The early turnover gave me hope (even if it was a DT), but nope, not enough.

Lee had a shocker today. Rare for him, so hopefully that's out of his system. He should have been on the edge to stop Cam running a few times, and it cost us big. A TD, plus 2 or 3 big runs.
Imma help you out:

1. All year long because the offence gelling isn’t the problem. The problem is talent is lacking at WR, TE, QB and given the injuries OL

2. No they can’t, cause they’re trash

3. Without Frederick it renders their outside zone game basically useless. Hope he’s out long enough for Fletcher Cox to come to town and eat the lunch of this jabroni they have playing centre

dak was **** abysmal today too
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: September 10, 2018, 2:05 pm
Matt wrote: September 10, 2018, 11:19 am My worries for this yr.

Imma help you out:

1. All year long because the offence gelling isn’t the problem. The problem is talent is lacking at WR, TE, QB and given the injuries OL

2. No they can’t, cause they’re trash

3. Without Frederick it renders their outside zone game basically useless. Hope he’s out long enough for Fletcher Cox to come to town and eat the lunch of this jabroni they have playing centre

dak was **** abysmal today too
I agree, unfortunately.
Hell... play 1, Thompson and Williams were at WR. YUUUUUUCK!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Looks like another crap year for the Giants too. Eli has to give a younger QB a go this year?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

gergreg wrote: September 10, 2018, 6:41 pm Looks like another crap year for the Giants too. Eli has to give a younger QB a go this year?
Unless we both get better fast, i think my Cowboys will be joining you with a high draft pick next yr
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Matt wrote: September 10, 2018, 7:53 pm
gergreg wrote: September 10, 2018, 6:41 pm Looks like another crap year for the Giants too. Eli has to give a younger QB a go this year?
Unless we both get better fast, i think my Cowboys will be joining you with a high draft pick next yr
What happened to the Cowboys O line, they were pretty awesome 2 years ago? Must admit I didn't get to watch much football last year as I was in Korea for 3 months.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

gergreg wrote: September 10, 2018, 9:31 pm
Matt wrote: September 10, 2018, 7:53 pm
What happened to the Cowboys O line, they were pretty awesome 2 years ago? Must admit I didn't get to watch much football last year as I was in Korea for 3 months.
Frederick found out he has some rare disease. Might not play this yr, if ever again.

Free, Leary, and Co all got moved on.

Witten retired.

Our FB is more a ball runner/ catcher than blocker.

And running the ball is all we do. So its predictable as death and taxes.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Darnold with a pick 6 on his first career throw

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

the bone wrote: September 11, 2018, 9:14 am Darnold with a pick 6 on his first career throw

:roflmao
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I can almost picture the excitement from my good friend in NY who is a long suffering Jets fan. Might have to email him tomorrow and tell him how impressive the win was. They get a little ahead of themselves those Jets tragics.

God Stafford had a game to forget, just from the highlights.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

@Pigman,

So the Lev Bell situation seems to be escalating. He has been removed from the depth chart. Whats the consensus here?
Will Steelers cave?
Bell cave?
Or will he sit til wk 10, and become a free agent?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

No one is going to "cave".
There is nothing that can be done here, the steelers cant give him a new deal and lev cant sign a new deal.

He's going to report at some point, he's going to be a free agent this coming off season and the Steelers and Lev will both part ways.

as for when he reports... difficult to say, mixed reports on it too, some sources say he'll be back in 3-4 weeks. Some are suggesting he'll sit out until the bye week, others say the full 10... ultimately it'll just come down to how much money he's willing to forgo.
It's about 850k he leaves on the table each week he doesnt show up... he's trying to make sure he stays healthy so he can get paid in FA... but it now becomes a question of how much are you willing to sacrifice to do that?

It's a price point and it's likely one that Lev and his manager have worked out a long time ago based on what they think they'll get on the open market next year.

Gut feel is i think he'll be back for week 5. By the time he's then back into game shape and installed as the workhorse, it's probably week 9 after their week 8 bye week. From there they can both load up for a SB run, and a pay day.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: September 12, 2018, 8:18 pm No one is going to "cave".
There is nothing that can be done here, the steelers cant give him a new deal and lev cant sign a new deal.

He's going to report at some point, he's going to be a free agent this coming off season and the Steelers and Lev will both part ways.

as for when he reports... difficult to say, mixed reports on it too, some sources say he'll be back in 3-4 weeks. Some are suggesting he'll sit out until the bye week, others say the full 10... ultimately it'll just come down to how much money he's willing to forgo.
It's about 850k he leaves on the table each week he doesnt show up... he's trying to make sure he stays healthy so he can get paid in FA... but it now becomes a question of how much are you willing to sacrifice to do that?

It's a price point and it's likely one that Lev and his manager have worked out a long time ago based on what they think they'll get on the open market next year.

Gut feel is i think he'll be back for week 5. By the time he's then back into game shape and installed as the workhorse, it's probably week 9 after their week 8 bye week. From there they can both load up for a SB run, and a pay day.
Interesting. I see his teammates are starting to speak out.
Do they really 'forgive' him? SB run or not.

Where does he go?
Who is going to have room?
Raiders to replace Beastmode?
Lions?
Controversial, but Ravens?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah the teammate thing is interesting.
That's an unspoken rule in an NFL locker room, you dont count your teammates money. So how they handle that when he returns will be interesting. Could be a problem if there are hurt feelings between Lev and the OL guys.
I suspect if they're in a position to make a run for the SB, they'll figure out a way to get a long for that period.

As for where he goes, who knows.
The cap factor is going to come into play here so my best guesses:

NYJ - they have the cap space, are pretty set at WR, can continue to build the D through the draft, and have a young franchise qb on cost control for another 4 years. That'd be my early favourite.

SF - They just paid a motza for McKinnon and would need to eat 6m in salary but they've got enough to do it. He'd be a pretty good fit in Shanny's offence.

BUF - They'll have a **** ton of cap space, they'll be very active trying to build weapons around Allen so he can thrive, and i dont think they'll want LeSean on the books after this year.

OAK - Again, they've got the money, Lev seems like the sort of splashy signing Gruden would make to be the face of the LV franchise. But then he's got rid of Mack and Carr is not long for this world precisely because they're big salaries... would he pay up for a RB? I dont know.

Others that might get interested if his market is a little depressed and he wants to play for a contender... the packers, patriots and wait for it... the philly eagles.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: September 12, 2018, 8:58 pm Yeah the teammate thing is interesting.
That's an unspoken rule in an NFL locker room, you dont count your teammates money. So how they handle that when he returns will be interesting. Could be a problem if there are hurt feelings between Lev and the OL guys.
I suspect if they're in a position to make a run for the SB, they'll figure out a way to get a long for that period.

As for where he goes, who knows.
The cap factor is going to come into play here so my best guesses:

NYJ - they have the cap space, are pretty set at WR, can continue to build the D through the draft, and have a young franchise qb on cost control for another 4 years. That'd be my early favourite.

SF - They just paid a motza for McKinnon and would need to eat 6m in salary but they've got enough to do it. He'd be a pretty good fit in Shanny's offence.

BUF - They'll have a **** ton of cap space, they'll be very active trying to build weapons around Allen so he can thrive, and i dont think they'll want LeSean on the books after this year.

OAK - Again, they've got the money, Lev seems like the sort of splashy signing Gruden would make to be the face of the LV franchise. But then he's got rid of Mack and Carr is not long for this world precisely because they're big salaries... would he pay up for a RB? I dont know.

Others that might get interested if his market is a little depressed and he wants to play for a contender... the packers, patriots and wait for it... the philly eagles.
Philly?!? U guys wont have cap space, surely?!?

No way Pats shell out for a RB. Not their style.

Packers. Now that would be interesting. I could totally see that. ARod and Lev would be SB contenders immediately