Favourite Player: Cotric

Re: NFL Thread

Post by CJR »

look all I know is

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Interesting times for the Eagles. Best young QB in the game and a SB winning QB fighting for the same role. Great position for them to be in, so long as they manage it well. You'd imagine one of them will walk though.

I bet there has been riots in Philly.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
CJR
Brett Mullins

Post by CJR »

gergreg wrote: February 5, 2018, 9:08 pm Interesting times for the Eagles. Best young QB in the game and a SB winning QB fighting for the same role. Great position for them to be in, so long as they manage it well. You'd imagine one of them will walk though.

I bet there has been riots in Philly.

They were going to burn that city to the ground no matter what the result was. I love Philly fans. Completely and utterly insane.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

They are burning stuff in the streets, tearing down light poles and street signs, awnings outside hotels, trashing gas stations, upturning cars. What a horrible reaction.
CJR
Brett Mullins

Post by CJR »

I'm shocked that's all it's been tbh. I expected the entire city to be completely leveled by now
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Its a crazy way to celebrate. 'We won!!! Wooooo!!! Lets tear this mother apart!!!'
Had they lost. 'We lost!!! Grrrr!!! Lets tear this mother apart!!!'

As for Foles vs Wentz. Its a very very easy call. Wentz walks back into the job day 1. Foles gets sold/ traded for the 2nd or 3rd time in his career, for twice his value, only to end up back as a backup somewhere 1 season later.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Matt wrote:Its a crazy way to celebrate. 'We won!!! Wooooo!!! Lets tear this mother apart!!!'
Had they lost. 'We lost!!! Grrrr!!! Lets tear this mother apart!!!'

As for Foles vs Wentz. Its a very very easy call. Wentz walks back into the job day 1. Foles gets sold/ traded for the 2nd or 3rd time in his career, for twice his value, only to end up back as a backup somewhere 1 season later.
Absolutely it's an easy call but as with any team sport you're going to have your 'Foles' guys and your 'Wentz' guys. We're talking about the QB who has delivered the club's first ever SB victory. It has the potential to really destabilise the locker room.

CJR
Brett Mullins

Post by CJR »

I’d like to see what Wentz can do before we drop Foles. Wentz is the future of the team but those ACL injuries can change how you play. I don’t want to send a Super Bowl MVP QB away for a guy who just never truly recovered from an injury.

Also just saw Brady left the field and refused to shake hands with Foles after the game. He truly is just a big baby. He can shove those 5 rings.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Another prospect with a birth defect. Only a finger this time.

http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/troy-fum ... 81651293=1
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Wentz rehab not going as well as expected. Could be brace bound for the remainder of his career.
CJR
Brett Mullins

Post by CJR »

So keep Foles? Lol. That is not good news

the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Busy morning for the Browns! They have traded for Tyrod Taylor, Jarvis Landry and Damarious Randall, in exchange for draft picks to the Bills and Dolphins, and Kizer to the Packers.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

WOW!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Rams are putting together a serious squad. Definately pushing for SB contender status
MS_1302
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Mitch Cornish

Post by MS_1302 »

Yeah Rams are building a dynasty - Gurley and Goff will also provide Offensively

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: February 23, 2018, 8:26 am Wentz rehab not going as well as expected. Could be brace bound for the remainder of his career.
The guy who said that was not remotely involved in Wentz's situation at all. He had no knowledge of where Wentz was in his rehab or any details of the surgery
Wentz is well ahead in terms of his rehab and is expected to be ready to start week 1. He will likely have a brace to begin with, and pending how it impacts his game, may stay there for the duration of his career for extra protection if it doesnt inhibit his movement, or if it does be taken off once he's comfortable and confident in his knee.

Keep dreamin' Matty boy. Carson still have another 12 year left on his mortgage of the NFC East ;)

#FlyEaglesFly

Nick Foles, baby. Champions. Mummer Jason Kelce is my spirit animal.

Also wild NFL off season. As crazy and noisy as there has ever been, but get used to it, GM's like Howie, Snead and BB have created a new normal. NFL trades will be a real thing now, with real players, real picks and real stakes. It's exciting

Pigman Out.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: April 5, 2018, 8:32 am
Matt wrote: February 23, 2018, 8:26 am Wentz rehab not going as well as expected. Could be brace bound for the remainder of his career.
The guy who said that was not remotely involved in Wentz's situation at all. He had no knowledge of where Wentz was in his rehab or any details of the surgery
Wentz is well ahead in terms of his rehab and is expected to be ready to start week 1. He will likely have a brace to begin with, and pending how it impacts his game, may stay there for the duration of his career for extra protection if it doesnt inhibit his movement, or if it does be taken off once he's comfortable and confident in his knee.

Keep dreamin' Matty boy. Carson still have another 12 year left on his mortgage of the NFC East ;)

#FlyEaglesFly

Nick Foles, baby. Champions. Mummer Jason Kelce is my spirit animal.

Also wild NFL off season. As crazy and noisy as there has ever been, but get used to it, GM's like Howie, Snead and BB have created a new normal. NFL trades will be a real thing now, with real players, real picks and real stakes. It's exciting

Pigman Out.
:thumbsup :cmon :hi
:welcome: BACK
MS_1302
Glenn Lazarus

Post by MS_1302 »

Fly eagles fly - wow, I was born in Dallas but have you been to Philadelphia? Of you were I apologise

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

MS_1302 wrote: April 5, 2018, 10:14 pm Fly eagles fly - wow, I was born in Dallas but have you been to Philadelphia? Of you were I apologise

I have no idea what you tried to say, which shouldnt shock me cuz you were born in Dallas.
MS_1302
Glenn Lazarus

Post by MS_1302 »

Pigman wrote:
MS_1302 wrote: April 5, 2018, 10:14 pm Fly eagles fly - wow, I was born in Dallas but have you been to Philadelphia? Of you were I apologise

I have no idea what you tried to say, which shouldnt shock me cuz you were born in Dallas.
Fair call - just bought tickets to cowboys and Giants in Arlington - can’t wait. Good luck eagles, you are the benchmark

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

that'll be **** awesome to go to... I dont care for Dallas but Jerreh World would be **** amazing to go to
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

MS_1302 wrote: April 25, 2018, 9:42 pm
Pigman wrote:

Fair call - just bought tickets to cowboys and Giants in Arlington - can’t wait. Good luck eagles, you are the benchmark

How much were the tickets? Should be awesome, they really put on a great gameday experience in the US.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

That's on my list. Very jealous
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Pigman wrote:that'll be **** awesome to go to... I dont care for Dallas but Jerreh World would be **** amazing to go to
Can you please give us a running draft run-down today?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

@Pigman,
Will you do your usual Rd 1 rundown?
Also, Eagles trade out of Rd 1... interesting. Very Patriots of you
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Browns gonna Brown.

They could have grabbed Saquon Barkley at #1 and probs still grabbed Mayfield at #4 if they absolutely had to.

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Sossman wrote: April 27, 2018, 1:56 pm Browns gonna Brown.

They could have grabbed Saquon Barkley at #1 and probs still grabbed Mayfield at #4 if they absolutely had to.

Yep.
I said that to heaps of my friends. Take the guy the others want.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Quick thoughts:

1. CLE - Mayfeild: Im not going to kill them for this. It's not who i'd have picked, but they need a QB and they didnt get cute, just took the best guy on their board. We'll find out if they mis-evaluated the position again. But i dont mind this.

2. NYG - Barkley: Love this as an eagles fan. He's good. He's really good but a RB can only get what their line gives them and that line is trash. Also they passed up on a franchise QB when Eli is 37 and ****. Perfect. Keep doing what you do, Giants.

3. NYJ - Darnold: Not in their wildest dreams would you think they'd get him at 3. Fantastic result. QB's are hit and miss and i could easily be wrong, but that's the guy i'd want to bet my job on.

4. CLE - Ward: Now this is where they screwed up. If Ward is your guy, trade back, take the best offer and move back, even if the best offer is below what you expected. You could get Ward later, but also CHUBB IS ON THE **** BOARD YOU NINCOMPOOPS. **** hell. Darnold-Chubb was right there for them, instead they have the 1st and 4th pick and wind up with 2 players who might not be in the top 10, talent wise, of most big boards.

5. DEN - Chubb: LOVE this. Pair Chubb with Von and just get after it. Defence can take you a long way in this league.

6. IND - Nelson: A little bit of a surprise but i like it. They need an aggressive identity on that line to open holes and keep Luck healthy. A strong pick here. This guy could legit be a HOF guard.

7. BUF - Allen: Surely the Bills offered this pick to CLE, and if they did and CLE didnt take it, more fool them. FWIW i think there is a very good chance Allen is a bust. I dont like him as a prospect. But they do and they got up and got their man whilst holding on to their 2nd first round pick. Well done Bills.

8. CHI - Smith: I ADORE this pick, one of my favourites in the draft. CHI is a defence first team and this guy Roquon Smith is right out of the Ulracher/Singletary school. He's a monster and will be awesome.

9. SF - McGlinchey: I like this pick even if i think it's a bit early. He was my #1 tackle and keeping Jimmy G upright is going to be their main goal. Not a home run but a solid double.

10. ARI - Rosen: If were not a fan of a team already, this sort of move might convince me to be a Cards fan. Best move of the night. Go and get a franchise QB who is pro ready, and now has a chip on his shoulder. Rosen and DJ is a fantastic building block.

11. MIA - Fitzpatrick: Another solid double. He'll be an excellent pro and really give that team a boost on defence. I dont think he's got much chance to bust.

12. TB - Vea: Eh not sure about this one. Like the player, not sure about the fit but they do need to be better on Defence. That DL is now pretty good and that was a major flaw for the Bucs in 2018.

13. WAS - Payne: Im not that big on Payne, he's got talent for sure and maybe he'll be awesome but i was pleased to see them take him over others on the board at the time.

14. NO - Davenport: Ooooof. Well start with the player, he's good and i think he'll be a good NFL player and fits the Saints needs. But they gave up next year's first to get him. That's a HEAVY price to pay given the costs of other draft day deals. They over paid for a NOT Qb. I dont like that one bit.

15. OAK - Miller: I dont much like Miller. He's got a lot of ability but his footwork is sub optimal and i dont think he's going to be a very good NFL LT, might end up at RT long term. Not a fan of this pick.

16. BUF - Edwards: Moving up to get a stud. Really good stuff for the Bills. Not sure they'll be good next year but if they hit on Allen and Edwards is good, they've got two young foundation pieces. I really like Edwards and the fit here

17. LAC - James: This is probably my favourite pick of the draft. James falling here is incredible and the Chargers got themselves one of the best 7-8 players in the draft. He's going to make a very good chargers D even better.

18. GB - Alexander: Love the move to go down the board, collect an extra first round pick for next year and then come back up for position of need who can play all 4 downs given return ability. James would have been a better pick but id rather Alexander and a first, over James.

19. DAL - Vander Esch: Ill get this out of the way first, i love the player. Think he's an out and out stud, he'll be awesome at the next level. For Dallas? They play a lot of sub packages where there is only 2 LBS on the field. Lee is one, he's the other i guess, but they also have Jaylon Smith who looked like he could be something. Granted Lee is 32 and always hurt but i think they should have gone elsewhere. Cant dispute they got an awesome player though.

20. DET - Ragnow: Eh, good pick, not likely to bust. But i cant get that excited by it. It'll help their team though. So i guess thats the important thing.

21. CIN - Price: As above, good solid pick, position of need and will improve their team, but i dont have a lot to say about solid interior OL draftees.

22. TEN - Evans: Yeah this is gooood pick. They need someone who can go sideline to sideline and really give the defence a bit of attitude. Evans is a good 3 down LB. He's going to be really good there.

23. NE - Wynn: Interesting they announced him as a Tackle, not Guard. So they see him as Solder's replacement? He's a good solid OLer but i worry if that's who you peg as your franchise LT protecting a 40 year old Tom Brady.

24. CAR - Moore: This pick made me so happy, i won a bit of money on it but also he's a guy who steve smith called "my spirit animal". The Panthers get the new Steve Smith to replace the old steve smith who they have struggled to replace.

25. BAL - Hurst: Yeah this is a good pick at a need position. Flacco needs TE's to be successful and Hurst is a guy who is willing to block in the run game and a natural pass catcher. He's old though and you probably only get 1 contract out of him which is why i expected him to fall.

26. ATL - Ridley: I dont like Ridley as a #1 WR, but i love him as a #2 opposite Julio. This is a great pick, he goes to a really good offence, with a QB who excels with timing passing patterns, opposite Julio. Could not be a more perfect spot for Ridley. He'll be one of the league's best #2 Wrs here.

27. SEA - Penny: Head scratcher. I know some teams liked him a lot but i cant fathom how you can watch the tape and have him higher on your board than Michel or Guice. Still they need a between the tackles banger and they've got one now. I think they should have moved back if that was their guy.

28. PIT - Edwards: Pretty cool to see two brothers get drafted in the same round 1. I dont think it should have happened though, this was a reach. I think they wanted the Shazier replacement, which would have been so cruel given he announced the pick, but i dont think the value was there for Edwards

29. JAC - Bryan: In awe of the size of this lad. Absolute unit. But seriously this is a good pick that will allow them to move on from Darus and clear a heap of cap room. Good value and roster management.

30. MIN - Hughes: This pick is scary for other NFL teams. This defence was already stacked all over the park and just added an insanely good press cover cover. Very physical, will fit in nicely with the Vikes D. A great D just got better.

31. NE - Michel: Strange pick, i do think it was a need and he's a mismatch sort of Kamara guy that i think the Patriots are going to get a lot out of, but it feels like BB finds those guys later and there was other guys on the board who might have filled more pressing holes. I thought this was Jackson territory.

32. BAL - Jackson: Knew the eagles would trade out for a team coming up for Lamar once the Pats passed. Im good with the deal, an extra 2nd next year which could be pretty high. Still plenty of players on the board for us that i like, Guice might fall in our lap on day 2. For the Ravens, this is excellent, they should release Joe Flacco today with thanks for the ring and go full steam ahead into the Lamar era.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Browns - I think they should gave taken Barkley then the QB left on the board at 4. But no one goes RB #1.

Giants - agree. But dont really wanna face him for a decade.

Jets - they are laughing.

Bronx - Big D is how they made their past 2 SB attempts. So continue this formula.

Colts - agree. So protection for Luck-less.

Bears - 100% Monster.

49ers - solid. Agree.

Cards - Didnt hold him as highly that. But a good pick.

Phins - 2 killer safties. A requirement when your team defends a lot.

Skins - As an NFC East man. Love it. There were better options.

Saints - sold their sole for a doughnut... well at least its filled with jam and cream.

Raiders - no clue TBH. Interesting that they grabbed Martavius Bryant though.

Bills - happy to take your word on it.

Chargers - Yep. They seem to have hit the jackpot. Very lucky.

GB - really surprised they went CB over WR, but both are needs. WR seems deep, so might be going that way.

Cowboys - I wanted Ridley. Moore as my 2nd pick. Having grabbed the GB LBer, Rogers?, i forget, and cutting Dez, i really though we would look partner Hurns with someone better than Williams. Humph!
However, Lee is always injured, and Hitchens is a loss. So grabbing a bloke that plays the same as Lee probably isnt that silly.

Lions - ill take your word on it

Bengals - ill take your word on it

Titoons - looks good to me too. He would have been my 2nd LB choice (Smith at 1 and LVE at 3).

Pats - doesnt matter who it is. They will be a stud there.

Panthers - loved watching Smith rift on this one

Ravens - perfect need pick.

Falcons - im not happy about this, but they are bolstering their Matty Ice window.

Seahawks - RB... of all positions. Weird?!?

Steelers- Adding a big body DB to defend Hurst. Makes sence to me.

Jags - Another all out D pick. They stay scary.

Vikings - Do love a CB.

Pats - Im as surprised as u. They will make it work though.

Ravens - As this is my step brothers team, i was surprised they jumped back in. With RG3 there too, maybe they do switch it up and put Flacco on the trade block. However, my stepbrother thinks he sits a yr to learn, esp as he has a bad INT in him.
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Is it sad that I'm expecting Derwin James to tear his ACL at any stage now?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PrimetimeRaider wrote: April 28, 2018, 10:25 am Is it sad that I'm expecting Derwin James to tear his ACL at any stage now?
A little. But i understand why
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

@Pigman,
I dont like that your Eagles signed one of the TEs I liked.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

@pigman,

I forgive your boys now. Coz u just drafted the ex-Rabbitoh Jordan Mailata. OT.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

On a Cowboys note, im super happy with our draft.

Vander Eshe - LB - fills a need, with Hitchens gone and Lee's concussion rate. (I still would have gone Ridley)

Williams - OT - finalises the 1st Rd talent on our offensive line. Also allows La'al Collins to stay in 1 position. I see Williams at left guard inside future HoF Smith, leaving Collins at right tackle. However, Cowboys could easily do the reverse.

Gallup - WR - has 2nd Rd talent. Fills a big need. Can play, and while I dont see him filling Dez's shoes, I can see him push Williams to #3, with Beasley still in the slot.

Armstrong - Edge - DE or pass rush OLB - Not keen on this pick, but wonder if this means Randy Gregorys days are numbered?!?

Schultz - Hate that Eagles got my #1 TE choice, but super excited that we got my 2nd. Even more so that he is the cousin of a good friend of mine. I hope we have found Wittens successor. The kid can block, but has a good pair of hands too.

White - QB - Looks like a depth pick. Not sure about this one either TBH. But you always need QB depth.

Covington - LB - 1st of the QB converts for the Cowboys in this draft, and the Rd. Not often they end up on D though. More depth, with talent to work with. Probably special teams at the moment.

Wilson - WR - QB convert. Again, talent to work with. Probably not NFL ready yet.

Scarbourgh - RB - A 1 cut old school bulldozer. With our OL he might be handy, BUT, how does he get carries behind Zeke, let alone Smith at #2.

Interestingly, we traded the 192nd pick to the Rams for Tavor Austin. Its seems a special teams trade. A return guy mostly. Can play RB, esp in 3rd down, and be a dangerous WR option out of the slot. I like this as we havent had a genuine home run hitting returner for a long long time.