gergreg wrote:Is Arians still there?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
No Arians retired. HC is Steve Wilks, former DC of the Panthers

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Re: NFL Thread

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Isn't Tua Tagovailoa having quite the season for Alabama!
the bone
John Ferguson

NFL Thread

Post by the bone »

Panthers get an undeserved win vs the Eagles. The Panthers offence didn’t do anything until they 0-17 down. Eagles were lucky not to have the game end on an Eric Reid interception which was over turned... looked like a clean catch to me, didn’t see any evidence to over turn. But panthers D held on anyway.

Trubisky launches a 60+ yard Hail Mary for a game tying TD attempt, only for Kevin White to catch it at the one yard line and be held back by the Patriots D.

Browns are currently in their 4th overtime period of the season (vs the Bucs)

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Missed it by thaaaaaaat much...
:cry:
Typical Cowboys though, a penalty on the important play before. That 5 yards hurts! He just kicked one for 47, then forced to kick it from 52. Gave the ball 5 extra yards to drift into the post. It was a BS call too. Thats what nearly every centre or snapper does on every ay. GRRRRRRRRRR :rant
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Buccs vs Browns - Poor Browns. 4 OTs, and they are 1-2-1. They actually look like they could be a good side in the next yr or 2.

Panthers vs Eagles - Philly came out firing. But fell in a hole, and got run down - via some crazy trick plays TBH. Im sure @Pigman, will have a better theory on it.

Vikings vs Jets - Thelien is just too good! Might have lost Rhodes though, which is bad for their 2ndary.

Lion vs Phins - This game proves Phins arent really that good, and that Stafford can still throw just fine.

Texans vs Jags - Jags are having yet another team capitulation. Bortles was good and bad today. Kesseler wasnt much better coz their line stinks, they have no time. Hopkins keeps proving that he is a freak. Still not totally sure how Texans keep winning.

Colts vs Bills - So, Bills are officially bad again. Luck is back to his best too.

Pats vs Bears - Brady gets it done. TBH, its closer than it should be, as Glimore and the other corner dropped easy INTs in the end zone that resulted in TDs on later plays.

Titoons vs Chargers - Rivers BABY!!! He is killing it this yr. Titoons show promise, but cant get it done. Why did they go for 2?!?!? Push it to OT.

Saints vs Ravens - This was a great game. 2 good teams. Both teams went for it on 4th down. Trick plays. Lead changes. Brees in the 500 club. Tucker picked a terrible day to miss his 1st career extra point.

Rams vs 49ers - Rams a good! Really good! Gurley cant stop scoring either.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Just feels like this isnt going to be Philly's year. That was an abomination of a a collapse.
That's twice this year we've been up 2 scores in the 4th and blown the game, 3-4 when we should be 5-2... the margins in the NFL is razor thin im afraid

@the bone , the Panthers most certain did deserve that win, the eagles played well but then went into their shell, didnt play out the 4th like they did last year. Foot on the throat, cant let teams climb back in, the back end of the defence is paper soft. Cam made plays and the Eagles offence made errors.
the Reid INT was clearly not an INT though, that wasnt even close really... but Wentz played a hell of a game, no real mistakes until 3rd and 2, had the outlet for an easy first down. He went into double coverage and then it's 4th down... couldnt get it done. Sucks.

Jags game next week becomes a huge game now. Gotta go into that week 9 bye at 4-4.
We've still got destiny in our hands with 5 division games to come and i dont think any of these NFC East teams are any good.

I did get a nice pick me up to see Dallas and the Clapper completely **** themselves out of a win. That'll always be the cure to what ails me.

Feels like this is a crash course for a LAR - NE/KC SB. Mahomes is un-****-real. He's the only guy id even consider trading Wentz for. He's just so much fun
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Dunno pigman, perhaps neither team deserved the win. Panthers offence was asleep for three quarters... I think that win masks some of the issues.

Amari Cooper to the Cowboys for a first round pick... is he worth giving up a first rounder?

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

the bone wrote: October 23, 2018, 6:22 am Amari Cooper to the Cowboys for a first round pick... is he worth giving up a first rounder?
He’s still very young and clearly very talented, but they paid 100c on the dollar for a guy the raiders desperately wanted to move, and this is a guy who has not consistently showed up, led the league last year in drops, plays ideally out of the slot where Cole Beasley is and is about to be up for a major extension...
This could work out

But I’m downright giddy that the cowboys just shipped their first for a draft bust, albeit a talented on, who is going to have to get paid this year or next
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: October 23, 2018, 7:08 am
the bone wrote: October 23, 2018, 6:22 am Amari Cooper to the Cowboys for a first round pick... is he worth giving up a first rounder?
He’s still very young and clearly very talented, but they paid 100c on the dollar for a guy the raiders desperately wanted to move, and this is a guy who has not consistently showed up, led the league last year in drops, plays ideally out of the slot where Cole Beasley is and is about to be up for a major extension...
This could work out

But I’m downright giddy that the cowboys just shipped their first for a draft bust, albeit a talented on, who is going to have to get paid this year or next
I am seriously POed! This feels like Roy Williams all over again. NOT WORTH THE TRADE! I really hope he walks into the building and gets a new lease on life and lights up the NFL, but I dont see it. Cooper has all the talent in the world, BUT, he has had 1 good yr, and a heap of garbage in between. Cooper couldnt get open and create production with a good QB. Now he is going to be going to work on the outside where he has struggled, as he is much better running over the middle.

Id have been much better taking the best WR on the board in the draft. Unless there are no good ones coming out? But I find that hard to believe.

There is a rumor Eagles offered a #2 pick BTW. Drove the price up, and Jerry took the bait. https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboy ... 2fhuEyG9IA
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah I saw that about the eagles
I don’t know if I buy it... we’ve got Jeffery, Ertz and Agholar
That’s significant investment in pass catchers

I believe we were interested in cooper but I don’t think we’d invest a second into that. Feels to me like we probably offered a couple of picks equivalent to a second (maybe a 3 and 4) and the raiders up sold this to Dallas saying they’d take the second unless they trumped it

feels like if we’re going to give up a second or more, it’ll be for a Lev/Patrick Peterson type who fills a more immediate need
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Giants are going on a run, any day now...

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The giants are absolutely unwatchable.

Eli missed OBJ on two WIDE open touchdowns on key plays... it's unfathomable how washed up Eli looks. He was never a particularly great QB, he got hot a few times in the play offs but he's not and never has been elite at any point but right now he's just abominable.

i mean on 3rd and 2, he checked that **** down to Barkley for an 8 yard loss... that 2018 Eli. Ridiculous that they thought they could run it back with him. OBJ is clearly frustrated and right so, i'd KILL to have a guy like him a Philly.

I love Barkley, he's an incredible player, he is doing astounding things given his situation and it doesnt matter at all, they're 1-6 and i dont how they win games... they really are going to regret passing on all these QBs for Barkley

They could have Darnold and Chubb or Darnold and Freeman or **** Lindsey! Anyone at RB... instead they took Barkley how's amazing and now they dont have any answer at QB, and the consensus top pick is the Oregon Qb who might not come out and i dont think is better than Rosen, Darnold OR Mayfield. Disaster

This NYG off season is going to go down, IMO, as one of the worst in recent memory
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Giants really really suck
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

NFC East has gone to **** again, but your boys (Pig) are the only ones capable of turning things around. Eli needs to retire, needed to a year or 2 back, but instead he is churning through coaches dumb enough to hang their careers on him.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

gergreg wrote: October 23, 2018, 8:23 pm NFC East has gone to **** again, but your boys (Pig) are the only ones capable of turning things around. Eli needs to retire, needed to a year or 2 back, but instead he is churning through coaches dumb enough to hang their careers on him.

TBH, the only team that inst a piece or 2 away is the Giants.
Philly have just been the to dance, and have a roster that inst that dissimilar. They have also been the best at trading in the last couple of years.

Skins have one of the best D's in the comp this year. Their front 7 is very solid, and they have a couple of quality DBs (even if Norman hasnt done anything much). They traded for a QB last yr, but their WR are all injured. AP has turned back the clock, but Im sure support for Bibbs is high on their radar. They need a stud WR too.

Dallas front 7 is one of the best in the NFL right now. However their DBs stink. They have a RB stud and an OL. We are short a good catching TE and WR, but just took the plunge on Cooper (not a fan, but at least we grabbed the option with a 1000 yard season, 2 in fact). Id like to think Cooper, Gallop and Beasley with Zeke can give us enough options to all Dak to actually make some production, esp with Hurns and Austin backing them up (we will see, but not much faith). We need DBs, maybe another WR, or a stud QB (wont happen) to make another run.

Gaints have a RB and WR... TBH, they should be top 3-5 in their position too. OL is awful. D isnt that great either TBH, as they have a couple of good pieces, but lots of gaps. And you just traded Eli Apple away.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

@Pigman,

How much do you know about Coach Lincoln Riley of Oklahoma? He is apparently a Cowboys candidate. Article i read said he could be the next McVay, with the Sooners avging 48pts.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: October 26, 2018, 2:08 pm @Pigman,

How much do you know about Coach Lincoln Riley of Oklahoma? He is apparently a Cowboys candidate. Article i read said he could be the next McVay, with the Sooners avging 48pts.
I've said before im not a HUGE college guy, i watch it a bit on Sunday's when i can, but im not invested in it. Im a pro guy. So im by no means an expert

From what i've read or heard, Riley is in the same mould as McVey in terms of offensive philosophy. That being he doesnt have a "system" and try to plug players into it, he puts a system around the players he has. He attacks defenses not with scheme or personnel but with a combination of the two and he's a players coach, he wants to relate and engage with his players on a personal level about the game and about themselves, it's not the old school military style of management.. which is what all the new kids on the block does, it's what Belicheck has done for years and what Andy Reid and all his boys (Nagy, Pederson etc) do too. So I mean McVey isnt some unicorn here either.

But yeah he's one of those young innovators everyone is looking for right now.

The risk here is obviously that college coaches have always been at the forefront of innovation in the NFL, and MANY teams have had crack at bringing these guys in to change the league... Saban, Petrino and of course more recently Chip Kelly and tbh the history ISNT great... I mean Chip Kelly had some immediate successes but you go and look at his offence in 2013 and compare it to 2015... it's chalk and cheese, the NFL conservatism ground him into dust...

I think some the issues with college coaches is it's actually a totally different kettle of fish dealing with teenagers, who you're going to have in your program for an absolute MAXIMUM of 4 years, and the good ones, the real good ones, who are most likely the difficult egos, they're out in 3... in college the HC is the star of the program, they hold all the power, you step out of line in college and you're cook, the Coach can basically end their careers... Saban can bury a guy on the Bama depth chart and no one would know if he was any good and he's done...

as opposed to dealing with professionally paid NFL players who you have to deal with contracts, and potentially dealing with these delicate egos 10 years, and in the NFL, the elite players hold the power over coaches... so it's a totally different ball game and how you handle the man management side of things is really what is the undoing of a lot of college coaches. They cant do that

Chip Kelly is a the perfect example, his scheme worked, his impact in the league is still being felt today. His concepts are all over the Philly offence, the Pats offence, the Rams offence... the use of tempo, and option game, the rub routes, staples of any really good offence today where brought into this league by Chip Kelly... his problem was he couldnt connect with professionals at an NFL level, and thought just like college he could plug anyone into his scheme and make it work... you cant in the NFL. You need talent, you need scheme and you need buy in... that's where the concern for Riley would be. Is he Chip Kelly? Or is he McVey?

And until you put him in a locker room and give him the keys, you just dont really know
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: October 26, 2018, 7:36 pm
Matt wrote: October 26, 2018, 2:08 pm @Pigman,

I've said before im not a HUGE college guy, i watch it a bit on Sunday's when i can, but im not invested in it. Im a pro guy. So im by no means an expert

From what i've read or heard, Riley is in the same mould as McVey in terms of offensive philosophy. That being he doesnt have a "system" and try to plug players into it, he puts a system around the players he has. He attacks defenses not with scheme or personnel but with a combination of the two and he's a players coach, he wants to relate and engage with his players on a personal level about the game and about themselves, it's not the old school military style of management.. which is what all the new kids on the block does, it's what Belicheck has done for years and what Andy Reid and all his boys (Nagy, Pederson etc) do too. So I mean McVey isnt some unicorn here either.

But yeah he's one of those young innovators everyone is looking for right now.

The risk here is obviously that college coaches have always been at the forefront of innovation in the NFL, and MANY teams have had crack at bringing these guys in to change the league... Saban, Petrino and of course more recently Chip Kelly and tbh the history ISNT great... I mean Chip Kelly had some immediate successes but you go and look at his offence in 2013 and compare it to 2015... it's chalk and cheese, the NFL conservatism ground him into dust...

I think some the issues with college coaches is it's actually a totally different kettle of fish dealing with teenagers, who you're going to have in your program for an absolute MAXIMUM of 4 years, and the good ones, the real good ones, who are most likely the difficult egos, they're out in 3... in college the HC is the star of the program, they hold all the power, you step out of line in college and you're cook, the Coach can basically end their careers... Saban can bury a guy on the Bama depth chart and no one would know if he was any good and he's done...

as opposed to dealing with professionally paid NFL players who you have to deal with contracts, and potentially dealing with these delicate egos 10 years, and in the NFL, the elite players hold the power over coaches... so it's a totally different ball game and how you handle the man management side of things is really what is the undoing of a lot of college coaches. They cant do that

Chip Kelly is a the perfect example, his scheme worked, his impact in the league is still being felt today. His concepts are all over the Philly offence, the Pats offence, the Rams offence... the use of tempo, and option game, the rub routes, staples of any really good offence today where brought into this league by Chip Kelly... his problem was he couldnt connect with professionals at an NFL level, and thought just like college he could plug anyone into his scheme and make it work... you cant in the NFL. You need talent, you need scheme and you need buy in... that's where the concern for Riley would be. Is he Chip Kelly? Or is he McVey?

And until you put him in a locker room and give him the keys, you just dont really know
For a guy who doesn't follow it, thats a good read. You wonder why i ask?!? :lol:
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Cards vs 49ers - Cards win the battle of the bottom. Fitz is evergreen, but we will keep moving...

Skins vs Giants - AP continues to turn back the clock, and the 64 yard TD dash as an exclamation point. Skins D bottles up the other stud RB too. Giants were ok-ish.

Colts vs Raiders - Vinatieri is the highest point scorer in NFL history. Carr cancels out Luck, but Hines and the Mack truck carries the Ponies home.

Browns vs Steelers - Browns continue to get turnovers, but cant do anything with them. Big Ben to Brown, twice. Oh, and Le'v who? Conner went to work!

Seahawks vs Lions - Wilson, Stafford, Jones, Carson and Moore were good, BUT ignore everything, go watch the Dickson play!!!

Buccs vs Bengals - Winston benched after 4 INTs. Fitz-magic bawled, with Evans his primary target, but it wasn't enough. Bengals steal it with a FG at the end.

Jets vs Bears - Cohen WHEELS!!! Turbinsky looks good, well... ok, but what will next wk bring? Darnold needs more help with WR drops.

Panthers vs Ravens - DJ Moore is a stud! A tipped, lucky bounce, TD pass to McCaffery helped Cams numbers look good too. 1 awful INT by Flacco too. But big win for Carolina.

Philly vs Jags - @Pigman, ya boys got it done against a spiraling Jagz. A $90K drinks tab really hurt Jagz. Wentz showed his class.

Chiefs vs Bronx - Watkins turns back the clock with a 100yds and 2 TDs. Mahomes is a gun! I thought Keenum was ok for most of the game TBH, but kinda sucked with the game on the line. Lindsay is a pretty solid RB for them though.

Packers vs Rams - Cant stop Gurley (who could have ran it in to end the game. He is my current MVP BTW, with Mahomes right there with him). Cant stop Goff. Cant stop Rams. 8-0! ARod was good, as was Adams too, but still wasnt enough. OH... JRey with a code hop and 2 TDs for Rams... hehehehe

Saints vs Vikings - When was the last time Saints put up 30pts and Brees threw for less than 150 yards? Even weirder, it was Vikings stud WRs who made the mistakes to cost the Vikings the game - a fumble and gave up on the route which turned into a pick 6.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Had to have it game for the Eagles. And they got it, but some major concerns around this team.
Wentz had a pretty bad first qtr, that INT was not what you expect for a guy of his calibre, but settled down into playing some incredible football, most importantly he had a could of moments in the pocket and out, and running for first downs where it felt like he had his legs under him again. He wasnt running in quick sand. He's improving every week... Injuries on the OL are a problem, Jeffery looks great but it's him and Ertz on offence, no one else is scary, and the CB position is awful.

I think the eagles are going to make a big splash move in the next two days. It'll be interesting to see the action with the trade deadline coming down around Wednesday morning around 8am? I think.

Packers and Rodgers **** themselves out of a chance to win. They had the Rams and i think they win if Montgomery doesnt fumble. Saints warming to the task nicely. I think the Vikings are a little like my eagles - Fatally flawed this year.

Agreed about DJ Moore, they need to get him more involved but that Carolina team dont worry me, i know they beat us last week but that offence is Cam being a **** monster with a little smoke and mirrors. DJ Moore YAC ability could add a lot

The Chiefs are outrageously good. I mean i dont even know how you stop them, Hill to take the top off, Watkins and Kelce working the middle and then, oh yeah, Hunt can just take games over. What an offence.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: October 29, 2018, 8:34 pm Had to have it game for the Eagles. And they got it, but some major concerns around this team.
Wentz had a pretty bad first qtr, that INT was not what you expect for a guy of his calibre, but settled down into playing some incredible football, most importantly he had a could of moments in the pocket and out, and running for first downs where it felt like he had his legs under him again. He wasnt running in quick sand. He's improving every week... Injuries on the OL are a problem, Jeffery looks great but it's him and Ertz on offence, no one else is scary, and the CB position is awful.

I think the eagles are going to make a big splash move in the next two days. It'll be interesting to see the action with the trade deadline coming down around Wednesday morning around 8am? I think.

Packers and Rodgers **** themselves out of a chance to win. They had the Rams and i think they win if Montgomery doesnt fumble. Saints warming to the task nicely. I think the Vikings are a little like my eagles - Fatally flawed this year.

Agreed about DJ Moore, they need to get him more involved but that Carolina team dont worry me, i know they beat us last week but that offence is Cam being a **** monster with a little smoke and mirrors. DJ Moore YAC ability could add a lot

The Chiefs are outrageously good. I mean i dont even know how you stop them, Hill to take the top off, Watkins and Kelce working the middle and then, oh yeah, Hunt can just take games over. What an offence.
That Chiefs D is no slouch either. I really dont see a weakness ATM. Rams are undefeated, but i feel they are more beatable than the Chiefs somehow... Not really sure why?!? Saints looks bloody good too.

Panthers have a good offense. Obviously Cam is a 1 man army, but McCaffery is a swiss army knife (jack of all trades), Olsen is a saftey net that can be a miss match, DJ looks really good. Their D isnt as scary or tight as previous years though.

I agree, Montgomery dropped the game. I cant beleive Packers have a running game ATM though. Its crazy. Cobb is waaaay off, Graham hasnt been a factor either, meaning Adams is their only target. I reckon ARod misses Jordy big time.

I dont rate Cousins. So not totally surprised Vikings are a little up and down, but the other night wasnt on him.

Who are the Eagles signing Piggy? Le'v?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: October 30, 2018, 8:04 am Who are the Eagles signing Piggy? Le'v?
The logistics of trade of Lev appear to be too difficult... youd need to agree on compensation, the steelers would then give permission for the eagles to speak to lev, they'd have to be comfortable that Lev would not only report and be ready to play but be prepared to carry a load, and then he has to report, sign his tender and execute the trade, all in 24 hours... and Lev has all the power, if he doesnt want to be trade, he can just not report. So feels like we're just not going to be able to pull that off, but Howie will try, im sure of that.

I think the eagles will be interested in Jenoris Jenkins, Golden Tate, Devante Parker, Manny Sanders, Haha Clinton-Dix and maybe Karl Joesph
I have a little feeling in my stomach about Golden Tate and Jenkins, i could see both of those guys being brought in
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: October 30, 2018, 8:45 am
Matt wrote: October 30, 2018, 8:04 am Who are the Eagles signing Piggy? Le'v?
The logistics of trade of Lev appear to be too difficult... youd need to agree on compensation, the steelers would then give permission for the eagles to speak to lev, they'd have to be comfortable that Lev would not only report and be ready to play but be prepared to carry a load, and then he has to report, sign his tender and execute the trade, all in 24 hours... and Lev has all the power, if he doesnt want to be trade, he can just not report. So feels like we're just not going to be able to pull that off, but Howie will try, im sure of that.

I think the eagles will be interested in Jenoris Jenkins, Golden Tate, Devante Parker, Manny Sanders, Haha Clinton-Dix and maybe Karl Joesph
I have a little feeling in my stomach about Golden Tate and Jenkins, i could see both of those guys being brought in
I believe we are also looking at Haha, as well as Collins (Giants saftey). Not sure we have the compensation though, not after the Cooper trade.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

@pigman,
Tate = 3rd... really?!? Thats a steal!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: October 31, 2018, 5:05 am @pigman,
VERY happy about that... we've got of draft capital and we need a play maker to help out the offence.

Cooper for a 1st
Thomas for a 4th and swap of 7s
Tate for a 3rd

I'd argue strongly that Tate is the best of those three and we gave up the least for him. Howie nails it.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: October 31, 2018, 10:26 am
VERY happy about that... we've got of draft capital and we need a play maker to help out the offence.

Cooper for a 1st
Tate for a 3rd

I'd argue strongly that Tate is the best of those three and we gave up the least for him. Howie nails it.
We definitely got the worst deal. You guys the best.
I assumed Tate will mostly work the slot?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah i dont know, he and Agholar are both primarily useful out of the slot, but both have played outside to, Tate more successfully than Nelly, so i expect them both to see some time inside and out, but yeah you dont bring in Tate and not give him a lot of slot time.

Ertz, Tate and Goedert working the middle for the most part, Nelly and Matthews on the outside is how i expect it to be mostly
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: October 31, 2018, 11:35 am Yeah i dont know, he and Agholar are both primarily useful out of the slot, but both have played outside to, Tate more successfully than Nelly, so i expect them both to see some time inside and out, but yeah you dont bring in Tate and not give him a lot of slot time.

Ertz, Tate and Goedert working the middle for the most part, Nelly and Matthews on the outside is how i expect it to be mostly
With Jeffery, that is a really solid catching core.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I think the Texans could be scary if they can keep Watson clean too. Hopkins and Thomas is a 2 headed beast on the outside. They then have Fullers deep threat speed.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuller did his ACL, he's done for the year.
Thomas was brought in to replace him... and im not convinced that's going to work out for them
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: October 31, 2018, 1:42 pm Fuller did his ACL, he's done for the year.
Thomas was brought in to replace him... and im not convinced that's going to work out for them
Yuuuuuk. I missed that.
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Cooper for a 1st
Tate for a 3rd

How is a third giving up less than a fourth and a swap of sevenths? Stop drinking the cool aide.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Dogg!!!
Shezza wrote:

Cooper for a 1st
Tate for a 3rd

How is a third giving up less than a fourth and a swap of sevenths? Stop drinking the cool aide.
Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Shezza wrote: November 1, 2018, 11:49 am

Cooper for a 1st
Tate for a 3rd

Because the Eagles are up against the cap, cant really spend this off season, so when Tate leaves we will get a compensatory pick back, probably a 3rd. The comp pick was very much built into the decision to bring in Tate. They are basically trading a 2019 3rd for a 2020 3rd and Tate

The Texans have 53mil in cap space this off season and will be spenders. Thomas's production isnt near Tate's, he wont be getting the 13-16m contract Tate will get. AND the Texans will spend, so they arent going to be getting a pick if Thomas walks.

Christ, Dogg. You gotta try and see the forest through the trees with this stuff