Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

The big talking point now is whether it was the right call to go for it on 4th down. Watching live I thought they had to take the 3 points and send it to OT. Commentators mostly saying the opposite. No doubt hindsight will influence opion now.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Hmmm well that's why they play the games i guess
Good job by the titans, they played really well

Bills had some miscues... i dont mind going for it at the end there, but id rather put Josh Allen back in the shot gun, force the Titans to spread out a bit knowing Allen can either sling it if someone is open, but if not, i'll back him to pick a gap and get a yard.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: October 19, 2021, 1:30 pm Hmmm well that's why they play the games i guess

Bills had some miscues... i dont mind going for it at the end there, but id rather put Josh Allen back in the shot gun, force the Titans to spread out a bit knowing Allen can either sling it if someone is open, but if not, i'll back him to pick a gap and get a yard.
Yup, I wouldnt be sneaking. That said, they got the perfect look. The box wasnt full
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: October 19, 2021, 1:30 pm Hmmm well that's why they play the games i guess

Yeah, by lining up under centre with the big unit out there it telegraphed the play. Allen is lethal in space. Either passing or runnign. Give it to him and he'll most likely make the play.

Not often a defense concedes 31 points and 400+ yards yet still wins you the game.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Looks like Watson to Miami before the Nov 2 deadline is a fait accompli based on reporting this morning.
Miami apparently now trying to move Tua

I'll be very curious to see:

a) if this deal does come together... it feels like it's inevitable but we've seen that before and the deal not happen

b) where does Tua go? Solid speculation Denver are involved in that conversation, that's appears to be the spot for now.
I'm curious to see if Philly get involved, which i'd be OK with pending the cost. Washington would make a ton of sense. Maybe he's part of the deal to go to the Texans which seems to not be the case based on the story on twitter, but i dont really understand why he wouldnt be?

c) what happens with Watson if he's at a club willing to play him? Seems like Watson's camp, the Texans and NFL have a wink wink agreement at the moment that he gets paid but doesnt play and that suits all parties for now... but if he lands in Miami, they'll want to play him, he'll want to play... what then?

d) what is the flow on effect of the QB carousel? We've got Rodgers and i think Wilson, who potentially be on the move this coming off season. Denver were probably the hot destination for Rodgers, if they go in Tua, does that open the door for Pit to get involved? Philly would still out there with right now, 3 top 10 picks and a QB class that i dont think anyone really likes
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: October 21, 2021, 6:58 am Looks like Watson to Miami before the Nov 2 deadline is a fait accompli based on reporting this morning.
Miami apparently now trying to move Tua

I'll be very curious to see:

a) if this deal does come together... it feels like it's inevitable but we've seen that before and the deal not happen

b) where does Tua go? Solid speculation Denver are involved in that conversation, that's appears to be the spot for now.
I'm curious to see if Philly get involved, which i'd be OK with pending the cost. Washington would make a ton of sense. Maybe he's part of the deal to go to the Texans which seems to not be the case based on the story on twitter, but i dont really understand why he wouldnt be?

c) what happens with Watson if he's at a club willing to play him? Seems like Watson's camp, the Texans and NFL have a wink wink agreement at the moment that he gets paid but doesnt play and that suits all parties for now... but if he lands in Miami, they'll want to play him, he'll want to play... what then?

d) what is the flow on effect of the QB carousel? We've got Rodgers and i think Wilson, who potentially be on the move this coming off season. Denver were probably the hot destination for Rodgers, if they go in Tua, does that open the door for Pit to get involved? Philly would still out there with right now, 3 top 10 picks and a QB class that i dont think anyone really likes
Things could get wild over the next week and a half
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Watson trade is the story that won't go away. Dolphins one of the few viable landing spots so with the trade deadline looming it's obviously going to gather momentum. Reading articles though there's zero new info. Just the same "Dolphins and Texans nearing an agreement" then a bunch of words about the why and hows of what might happen.

As much as I'd love to have Watson under centre at the Dolphins my biggest gripe is that QB is not our problem right now. If we're going to trade the farm then we should be investing in an quality experienced tackle or a high impact LB. Even invest in better medical staff considering how much of our salary cap didn't suit up last week. CB1, CB2, WR1, WR2, WR3 all missed the game against Jacksonville.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

https://fb.watch/8MuIWBloro/

Greatest QB of all time....
Young Brady vs Old Brady
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Surely Rodgers would go to a team that's a QB away from competing? Or close to it? Would he wanna go to Mahomes division also?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: October 21, 2021, 11:25 am https://fb.watch/8MuIWBloro/

Young Brady vs Old Brady
Really not much between them. MIght sound wierd but I think the key to Brady's longevity is his lack of any real physical attributes. Those are what diminish with age. As he's never been reliant on things like superior arm strength or mobility there's really been no drop off. His qualities are primarily between the ears. A lot like what we saw with Cam Smith.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: October 21, 2021, 11:41 am
Matt wrote: October 21, 2021, 11:25 am https://fb.watch/8MuIWBloro/

Young Brady vs Old Brady
Really not much between them. MIght sound wierd but I think the key to Brady's longevity is his lack of any real physical attributes. Those are what diminish with age. As he's never been reliant on things like superior arm strength or mobility there's really been no drop off. His qualities are primarily between the ears. A lot like what we saw with Cam Smith.
Yup, 90% of his game is between the ears, 10% accuracy of throw. He doesn't get hit either.
Cam was pretty similar in that regard, but, Cam racked up tackles, even if plenty were 3rd man in.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

With Brady it's all about vision, reading the situation and decision making. As long as he can avoid hits he can keep playing NFL.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: October 21, 2021, 12:03 pm With Brady it's all about vision, reading the situation and decision making. As long as he can avoid hits he can keep playing NFL.
He wins most plays pre-snap. He has seen everything. So the second they line up he is 85-90% sure what's about to unfold, with the last 10-15% being player 'error' after the snap they he adjusts too - ie the route run, the coverage/ depth given.

I dont see contact injuries being an issue, coz he just doesnt allow himself to get hit.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Looking at the Watson trade options it will be interesting to see what teams would pay. Texans don't hold a lot of cards with in that regard. They are apparently asking 3 x 1st and 2 x 2nd round picks. Might be well and good based on his on field production. Problem is he's not on the field right now. He's unlikely to suit up for the Texans again plus he has legal issues, which could potentially become criminal charges. Teams would be reluctant to give up any serious collateral for someone in that position.

From a draft perspective a consesus top 5 rookie talent would likely slip into day 2 with that kind of baggage. We see plenty drop down to late 1st round even with legal issues resolved because of "character" questions. If you're talking character then not many come with the red flags of Watson. Clashing with coaches and management, refusing to play, demanding a trade to a place of his choosing, mutliple sexual assualt charges. Doesn't scream "great locker room presence".

On the flip side the obvious candidate is the Eagles. In need of a QB and have potentially 3 x 1st round picks in a draft light on QB talent. I reckon thats a no brainer to swap those picks for Watson if Texans (and Watson) accept. Dolphins is the one on everybody's lips but any trade by them is complicated by Tua being on the books. If the Texans didn't take him as part of the deal then it would createa difficult situation for the Phins. They we need to find an alternate suitor for him to make it work.

When you combine the above scenarios what makes sense is Dolphins giving up a couple of 1st rounders for Watson and sending Tua to Eagles for a pick that's sent to Texans. That could be a good result for all 3.
Last edited by Northern Raider on October 21, 2021, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: October 21, 2021, 1:58 pm Looking at the Watson trade options it will be interesting to see what teams would pay. Texans don't hold a lot of cards with in that regard. They are apparently asking 3 x 1st and 2 x 2nd round picks. Might be well and good based on his on field production. Problem is he's not on the field right now. He's unlikely to suit up for the Texans again plus he has legal issues, which could potentially become criminal charges. Teams would be reluctant to give up any serious collateral for someone in that position.

From a draft perspective a consesus top 5 rookie talent would likely slip into day 2 with that kind of baggage. We see plenty drop down to late 1st round even with legal issues resolved because of "character" questions. If you're talking character then not many come with the red flags of Watson. Clashing with coaches and management, refusing to play, demanding a trade to a place of his choosing, mutliple sexual assualt charges. Doesn't scream "great locker room presence".

On the flip side the obvious candidate is the Eagles. In need of a QB and have potentially 3 x 1st round picks in a draft light on QB talent. I reckon thats a no brainer to swap those picks for Watson if Texans (and Watson) accept. Dolphins is the one on everybody's lips but any trade by them is complicated by Tua being on the books. If the Texans didn't take him as part of the deal then it would createa difficult situation for the Phins. They we need to find an alternate suitor for him to make it work.

When you combine the above scenarios what makes sense is Dolphins giving up a couple of 1st rounders and sending Tua to Eagles for a pick that's sent to Texans. That could be a good result for all 3.
Pass. I think Watto should stick to the East, but would do much better in the AFC. Thanks.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: October 21, 2021, 2:01 pm
Northern Raider wrote: October 21, 2021, 1:58 pm Looking at the Watson trade options it will be interesting to see what teams would pay. Texans don't hold a lot of cards with in that regard. They are apparently asking 3 x 1st and 2 x 2nd round picks. Might be well and good based on his on field production. Problem is he's not on the field right now. He's unlikely to suit up for the Texans again plus he has legal issues, which could potentially become criminal charges. Teams would be reluctant to give up any serious collateral for someone in that position.

When you combine the above scenarios what makes sense is Dolphins giving up a couple of 1st rounders and sending Tua to Eagles for a pick that's sent to Texans. That could be a good result for all 3.
Pass. I think Watto should stick to the East, but would do much better in the AFC. Thanks.
What?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: October 21, 2021, 2:04 pm
Matt wrote: October 21, 2021, 2:01 pm

What?
Send him to Phins, NOT, Philly
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

When you combine the above scenarios what makes sense is Dolphins giving up a couple of 1st rounders for Watson and sending Tua to Eagles for a pick that's sent to Texans. That could be a good result for all 3.
I don't think they'll get quite what they're asking for from Miami or anyone else who isn't the Eagles. There is simply too much uncertainty in it to give up 3x firsts and 2x seconds, that decimates a draft board for years to come... it's palatable for the eagles because they could give up that package and next year they're pretty got a full slate of picks again, it's one year of draft capital.

Also i think the eagles would GLADLY give up the picks to do that deal. For the Texans it sends him far away, its out of conference, and the picks they get back this year, right now are scheduled to be 3x top 11 picks, plus whatever else gets thrown in... that's a lot of quick rebuilding you can do. It's perfect.
I believe if Watson was willing to waive his no trade clause to go there, he'd be an Eagle within 24 hours. But to this point he's been unwilling to do that. So for now they're out of the running.

I dont know for sure but my gut feeling is the eagles wouldn't give up much for Tua. Maybe a 2nd... I cant see them giving up any of the firsts... i think if they cant land Watson, they'll move on to plan B, which may include trading these firsts for future firsts and kick that can down the road waiting for the next situation, maybe Russell Wilson or a better QB class

But yeah i think you're right, if Miami are going to get a deal done for Watson, they need to move Tua first, so his compensation can be added to the haul going to the Texans. Which my gut feeling says is exactly what's going to happen prior to Nov 2 deadline
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: October 21, 2021, 2:45 pm

I don't think they'll get quite what they're asking for from Miami or anyone else who isn't the Eagles. There is simply too much uncertainty in it to give up 3x firsts and 2x seconds, that decimates a draft board for years to come... it's palatable for the eagles because they could give up that package and next year they're pretty got a full slate of picks again, it's one year of draft capital.

Also i think the eagles would GLADLY give up the picks to do that deal. For the Texans it sends him far away, its out of conference, and the picks they get back this year, right now are scheduled to be 3x top 11 picks, plus whatever else gets thrown in... that's a lot of quick rebuilding you can do. It's perfect.
I believe if Watson was willing to waive his no trade clause to go there, he'd be an Eagle within 24 hours. But to this point he's been unwilling to do that. So for now they're out of the running.

I dont know for sure but my gut feeling is the eagles wouldn't give up much for Tua. Maybe a 2nd... I cant see them giving up any of the firsts... i think if they cant land Watson, they'll move on to plan B, which may include trading these firsts for future firsts and kick that can down the road waiting for the next situation, maybe Russell Wilson or a better QB class

But yeah i think you're right, if Miami are going to get a deal done for Watson, they need to move Tua first, so his compensation can be added to the haul going to the Texans. Which my gut feeling says is exactly what's going to happen prior to Nov 2 deadline
If the Eagles were willing to spend a 2nd round pick on Hurts they'd be insane not to offload one of their 1st rounders for Tua. ;)

Similar trade could be done with the WFT although they don't have as the same number of draft picks to play with. Whatever the Dolphins get for Tua doesn't really matter to them as the pick ends up with the Texans. So it's really what the Texans would accept, which once again comes back to their lack of leverage in the trade.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah it’s a very interesting situation

I think part the complication is I strongly believe they have a team (eagles) willing to pay near enough to their demands, but no one else really has the ammo to go that far, least not the teams Watson is willing to waive his no trade clause for

Watson really has them over a barrel, he pretty much picks his location and then it’s up to the Texans to get the best deal they can from that
So yeah they have no leverage what so ever and if I’m the Dolphins I’m not giving close to those demands because I would know I don’t have to, eventually the Texans will yield

The only risk to Miami or any other team refusing to pay that price is Watson getting fed up with it all and accepting a trade to Philly
There is nothing going on in Philly right now that he’d want to get involved in, so that’s a very small risk right now
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

If Dolphins were ready to pay Texans asking price the deal would have been done before season opener. It's obvious they're not close to that. I'm thinking the offer will be 2022 1st, 2023 1st plus whatever they get for Tua (2nd rounder?). There will be conditions around Watson being cleared to play.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: October 21, 2021, 4:46 pm If Dolphins were ready to pay Texans asking price the deal would have been done before season opener. It's obvious they're not close to that. I'm thinking the offer will be 2022 1st, 2023 1st plus whatever they get for Tua (2nd rounder?). There will be conditions around Watson being cleared to play.
Yeah that makes sense. That'd be a **** deal for the texans but what can they do when the guy has a no trade clause?
They're really banged hard on this.

I think for Miami, the Wentz trade is really what they should be looking at. They are oddly similar. Distressed assets in bad situations. Wentz had a near MVP season to lean on but a horrendous contract, whilst Tua has pedigree of a stunning college career and a very managable rookie contract. Both players you go after because you think you can "fix" them.
Think the 2nd that could be a first if certain criteria are met is what the Dolphins should be looking at.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Getting to the point where Texans need to take whatever is offered. Otherwise he's sitting out the season on full pay. His trade value won't be increasing over that term either.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: October 21, 2021, 8:05 pm Getting to the point where Texans need to take whatever is offered. Otherwise he's sitting out the season on full pay. His trade value won't be increasing over that term either.
I actually think if they had the stones to see it out, his value would increase
12 months from now this civil suit situation is PROBABLY (??) over and commissioner punishment has been and gone? Or at least known... so certainity, so that would increase his value. I dont think there is a real chance he cant play from this situation, though he mighht serve a suspension which could be part of the wink/wink agreement that gets backdated with Roger

But i thats a lot and i dont think any orangisation has those stones... not in the face of good compensation.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: October 21, 2021, 8:27 pm
Northern Raider wrote: October 21, 2021, 8:05 pm Getting to the point where Texans need to take whatever is offered. Otherwise he's sitting out the season on full pay. His trade value won't be increasing over that term either.
I actually think if they had the stones to see it out, his value would increase
12 months from now this civil suit situation is PROBABLY (??) over and commissioner punishment has been and gone? Or at least known... so certainity, so that would increase his value. I dont think there is a real chance he cant play from this situation, though he mighht serve a suspension which could be part of the wink/wink agreement that gets backdated with Roger

But i thats a lot and i dont think any orangisation has those stones... not in the face of good compensation.
That is best case from a bad situation for them. Sounds more like hopeful fanspeak than anything else. You a closet Texans fan? :hmmm
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

haha, close! But no thats eagles fanfict

If the Texans have the stones to dig their heels in and refuse to move him unless its the right compensation, eventually maybe Watson might just get sick of it and waive his no trade clause for any team and then Philly are back in the conversation :lol:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: October 22, 2021, 12:35 pm haha, close! But no thats eagles fanfict

If the Texans have the stones to dig their heels in and refuse to move him unless its the right compensation, eventually maybe Watson might just get sick of it and waive his no trade clause for any team and then Philly are back in the conversation :lol:
That's the more likely scenario. Closk is still ticking for that to happen. Little doubt the Texans are hearing all offers and treating the Watson 'no trade' clause as secondary.

Shift back to Tua, I'm really not getting why he cops the criticism we've seen. If you look at all QBs from the last 3 drafts It's only Kyler Murray, Justin Herbert and maybe Joe Burrow that have out performed him at NFL level. Two of those are no1 overall picks. The only thing I can put it down to is unreasonable expectation. Of course there will be a some that had their minds made up before he ever took a snap and would criticise him regardless.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Bears in a world of hurt. Down 35-3 at halftime. Brady could take a knee on ever snap in the 2nd half and the Bucs would still win.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Bad news Bears

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Another utterly miserable performance from Hurts and the eagles offence.
They have to bench Hurts, they run any offence with a QB like him. Simply not accurate enough, doesn't throw with anticipation, bails out of clean pockets too much creating penalties and negative plays. Just operate offensively in the NFL like this

And if nothing else, he needs to sit for the eagles to figure out Sirianni... right now there is just no way to evaluate the coach and his scheme because he has to work around Jalen inability to play so much with play design and play calling... it's incredibly likely that Sirianni isnt very good and maybe should be a 1 and done coach and the Eagles get a new staff in to accompany the new QB in 2022, but right now you'd have no idea...

The Eagles need to put in Gardiner Minshew. He's not really a very good NFL QB, but at the very least he play from the pocket and in the timing and rhythm of the offence, he throws accurately enough that if Sirianni has any chops as an offensive mind, you'd be able to see the offence be functional.
And then we can at least see what, if anything, Sirianni can do schematically beyond that.

Right now it is impossible to know if Sirianni is any good because his QB simply cant throw the ball at a level required to be an NFL QB.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Man there were some blow outs today!!!

As above, the Buccs took care of business in the 1st half, and coasted in the 2nd.

Bengals put 40 on a tired (they have had a tough stretch of games) and beat up Ravens.

Pats put up a 50 burger on the Jets. The Brady-less Pats... so I suppose it's a 50 Mac?

Cards were slow outta the gate, but they dropped a hammer on the Texans.

Colts put the 9ers to bed. Wentz beats out Jimmy G. Hilarious!

Titoons defeat AFC Championship team 2020 #2 in 6 days, AND, Henry isn't the main man. And 27-3 is huge when it's Homeboi and his Chiefs... or is that Lil Indians?!?

Not quite the same scoreline, but the undermanned GMen killed Darnolds Panthers. Didn't think McCaffery played on D?!?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Monday Round Up:

- You already have my philly thoughts, so i'll give some brief Raiders thoughts. Carr is playing really good ball right now. The offence has found it's spark since Gruden left. And Max Crosby and Ngakue are playing really well defensively. They're an interesting team. What are they going to do at QB? hard to move on from Carr when he's playing like this.

- The GMen got it done. Can't say i was particularly impressed but a wins a win. They got it pretty banged up offensively too. For the most part this was a game as a neutral that got a lot of interest from the Giants side. But yeah a good result that will keep the NY media at bay for a week.
- The bloom is well off the Darnold rose now. He got benched, and rightly so. They are now heavily rumoured to be involved in Watson talks. The Darnold thing was a good swing to take but it missed. Time to move on and find that franchise guy. Curious to see if they can get the deal done for Watson over Miami.

- New England absolute curb stomped the Jets. And gleefully ran the scoreboard up. BB doesn't mind doing that to the jets when he gets the chance. Think this game says more about the jets than Pats though.
- My god the Jets... it's just never ending pain for their fans. Now Wilson is hurt, which is a diaster. It's a bad look for the new regime, this team just has no juice at all. Just no shows to games. This is not the pats of old but they sure made them look that way. Alarm bells are ringing, Willy.

- What a statement by the Titans... Got a big win over the Bills and back it up with a drubbing of the chiefs. Really liked what i saw from AJ Brown, they need him to be a star to help offset the reliance on Henry. Defensive line showed up and dominated.
- The Chiefs aren't cooked, no team with Andy Reid and Patty Mahomes are cooked as far as winning a SB goes, but it's getting awfully hard to see how they fix this. The defence cant get a stop and it forces Mahomes to press every possession, that's a bad recipe.

- The packers stacked another professional but unspectactular win. They'll take them. This is a marathon not a sprint. Think the defence really stepped up today and started making plays, which it will need to do if they are to go deep in the play offs.
- The WFT tried hard, they always do, and the vaunted DL finally showed up a little today, but McLaurin and Heinieke just doesnt cut it. This is a team in QB purgatory. They have to figure out how to find an answer, otherwise the ceiling is low.

- Welcome to the Kyle Pitts era. He's remarkable. Uncoverable. Dominant. He showed it today. He was the difference in this game. Im so glad the Falcons have figured out this guy needs to be focal point of the offence. Now they just need to remember he's still that alien in the red zone.
- Just a brutal loss for Miami, and i think this is the type of jolting loss that might force ownership into pulling the trigger on Watson. Tua isnt really the problem, but he's not the answer either. The trade deadline is in a little over a week... At this point i really feel like they're going to do whatever it takes to get Watson on this team by Nov 3rd. I dont think, even if he's allowed to play, he'll be a silver bullet for their problems.

- You want to talk statement wins, who day that gonna beat dem Bengals?! For the LOVE of god, get this coaching staff the **** out of there and get someone good. Burrow and Chase are too damn special to be having to overcome Zac Taylor and his staff. Chase is so **** good. That defence is quietly playing well too.
- I dont really understand why this team moved away from Ty'Son Williams in the backfield, he's the most dynamic back they have and that offence needs that. They're OK but they'll have these games without that consistent running game. The biggest positive is i think they hit on Rashod Bateman, dude can play.

- Im leading off with the Fightin Dans who damn near did the thing again! This an incredibly likeable team. They really deserve a win, i hope they get one soon. They just play so damn hard. Unfortunately i did call the game ending INT from Goff in real time with my group chat. But they know he's not the long term guy. Dan... he just deserves a win
- Rams were a bit disappointing... overall it has been disappointing imo. I mean they're good and they'll be a play off contender but it's not quite as great as we thought they'd be. Love to see Bobby Trees get steady involvement in the offence, think they need that opposite Kupp.

- Not a lot to say about the Cards, they beat a really bad team easily. Which is what good teams do. Keep it moving and on to bigger challenges. It gets harder to say each week, but im still not buying this team as a legit contender. No idea why.
- Houston might be starting fold up shop. They played hard early but they rolled over like dogs today, despite not a great Cards performance. Curious to see if that changes when Tyrod comes back in. The most interesting thing is what they do with Watson with the deadline looming.

- Tampa didnt really have to do much, this was not a fair fight. They looked very primed to try and go back to back. The luxary of giving Gronk extra time, and sitting AB to make sure they're healthy and still pile on an easy win is a nice place for them to be.
- That was... that was quite something from Fields and the Bears today. Not panic stations, these performances are to be expected by a rookie who plays like Fields. He'll learn and he'll be better when hopefully the GM and HC are shot into the sun. But still, YIKES! haha.

- Carson Watch: 7/13 down! Only 6 to go and the Colts are going to hang around the AFC play off race for a while. This titans game this week is a really big game, if they can jag a win there, they're back in the divisional race... a loss would all but end that race. Wentz is actually playing OK 90% of the time and then doing some WILD **** on the other 10% of the snaps. At this stage, health permitted, i dont think the Colts can bench him to perserve the first round pick. So good times for me. Stack a couple more wins and give me 6 more, Carson.
- the collective football "we" might have made a false idol of this Kyle Shanahan. This niners team sucks, they dont use the talent available to them, the in game decision making is shakey... i mean they started the game by GASHING the colts with counter, and after an easy TD drive, basically shelved counter. Jimmy G can't really play. The season is done, time for Shanny to get over his nonsense and start working with his talent... Lance, Aiyuk, Samuel, Kittle, Sermon and Mitchell... if you're an offensive genius, get to .500 with that core. Otherwise hit the bricks and go back to being a good OC.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Botman wrote:Monday Round Up:

- You already have my philly thoughts, so i'll give some brief Raiders thoughts. Carr is playing really good ball right now. The offence has found it's spark since Gruden left. And Max Crosby and Ngakue are playing really well defensively. They're an interesting team. What are they going to do at QB? hard to move on from Carr when he's playing like this.

- The GMen got it done. Can't say i was particularly impressed but a wins a win. They got it pretty banged up offensively too. For the most part this was a game as a neutral that got a lot of interest from the Giants side. But yeah a good result that will keep the NY media at bay for a week.
- The bloom is well off the Darnold rose now. He got benched, and rightly so. They are now heavily rumoured to be involved in Watson talks. The Darnold thing was a good swing to take but it missed. Time to move on and find that franchise guy. Curious to see if they can get the deal done for Watson over Miami.

- New England absolute curb stomped the Jets. And gleefully ran the scoreboard up. BB doesn't mind doing that to the jets when he gets the chance. Think this game says more about the jets than Pats though.
- My god the Jets... it's just never ending pain for their fans. Now Wilson is hurt, which is a diaster. It's a bad look for the new regime, this team just has no juice at all. Just no shows to games. This is not the pats of old but they sure made them look that way. Alarm bells are ringing, Willy.

- What a statement by the Titans... Got a big win over the Bills and back it up with a drubbing of the chiefs. Really liked what i saw from AJ Brown, they need him to be a star to help offset the reliance on Henry. Defensive line showed up and dominated.
- The Chiefs aren't cooked, no team with Andy Reid and Patty Mahomes are cooked as far as winning a SB goes, but it's getting awfully hard to see how they fix this. The defence cant get a stop and it forces Mahomes to press every possession, that's a bad recipe.

- The packers stacked another professional but unspectactular win. They'll take them. This is a marathon not a sprint. Think the defence really stepped up today and started making plays, which it will need to do if they are to go deep in the play offs.
- The WFT tried hard, they always do, and the vaunted DL finally showed up a little today, but McLaurin and Heinieke just doesnt cut it. This is a team in QB purgatory. They have to figure out how to find an answer, otherwise the ceiling is low.

- Welcome to the Kyle Pitts era. He's remarkable. Uncoverable. Dominant. He showed it today. He was the difference in this game. Im so glad the Falcons have figured out this guy needs to be focal point of the offence. Now they just need to remember he's still that alien in the red zone.
- Just a brutal loss for Miami, and i think this is the type of jolting loss that might force ownership into pulling the trigger on Watson. Tua isnt really the problem, but he's not the answer either. The trade deadline is in a little over a week... At this point i really feel like they're going to do whatever it takes to get Watson on this team by Nov 3rd. I dont think, even if he's allowed to play, he'll be a silver bullet for their problems.

- You want to talk statement wins, who day that gonna beat dem Bengals?! For the LOVE of god, get this coaching staff the **** out of there and get someone good. Burrow and Chase are too damn special to be having to overcome Zac Taylor and his staff. Chase is so **** good. That defence is quietly playing well too.
- I dont really understand why this team moved away from Ty'Son Williams in the backfield, he's the most dynamic back they have and that offence needs that. They're OK but they'll have these games without that consistent running game. The biggest positive is i think they hit on Rashod Bateman, dude can play.

- Im leading off with the Fightin Dans who damn near did the thing again! This an incredibly likeable team. They really deserve a win, i hope they get one soon. They just play so damn hard. Unfortunately i did call the game ending INT from Goff in real time with my group chat. But they know he's not the long term guy. Dan... he just deserves a win
- Rams were a bit disappointing... overall it has been disappointing imo. I mean they're good and they'll be a play off contender but it's not quite as great as we thought they'd be. Love to see Bobby Trees get steady involvement in the offence, think they need that opposite Kupp.

- Not a lot to say about the Cards, they beat a really bad team easily. Which is what good teams do. Keep it moving and on to bigger challenges. It gets harder to say each week, but im still not buying this team as a legit contender. No idea why.
- Houston might be starting fold up shop. They played hard early but they rolled over like dogs today, despite not a great Cards performance. Curious to see if that changes when Tyrod comes back in. The most interesting thing is what they do with Watson with the deadline looming.

- Tampa didnt really have to do much, this was not a fair fight. They looked very primed to try and go back to back. The luxary of giving Gronk extra time, and sitting AB to make sure they're healthy and still pile on an easy win is a nice place for them to be.
- That was... that was quite something from Fields and the Bears today. Not panic stations, these performances are to be expected by a rookie who plays like Fields. He'll learn and he'll be better when hopefully the GM and HC are shot into the sun. But still, YIKES! haha.

- Carson Watch: 7/13 down! Only 6 to go and the Colts are going to hang around the AFC play off race for a while. This titans game this week is a really big game, if they can jag a win there, they're back in the divisional race... a loss would all but end that race. Wentz is actually playing OK 90% of the time and then doing some WILD **** on the other 10% of the snaps. At this stage, health permitted, i dont think the Colts can bench him to perserve the first round pick. So good times for me. Stack a couple more wins and give me 6 more, Carson.
- the collective football "we" might have made a false idol of this Kyle Shanahan. This niners team sucks, they dont use the talent available to them, the in game decision making is shakey... i mean they started the game by GASHING the colts with counter, and after an easy TD drive, basically shelved counter. Jimmy G can't really play. The season is done, time for Shanny to get over his nonsense and start working with his talent... Lance, Aiyuk, Samuel, Kittle, Sermon and Mitchell... if you're an offensive genius, get to .500 with that core. Otherwise hit the bricks and go back to being a good OC.
Haha .. re Jets. I remember 7 years ago before going to NY you were trying to convince me to take the Jets as my team, as they were rebuilding nicely or something similar.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

i also try to talk people into taking on bad teams :lol:
their sports fan pain helps offset mine and sustains my life force