:roflmao

Ok... Summary then.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Botman »

Eagles thoughts first

As above, really not very happy despite the win. Hurts was abysmal this game. I keep coming back to it but the eagles and Sirianni have an interesting offence, it can move up and down the field but as soon as it gets in the red zone, and things condense, it breaks down. Why? Because you dont have space and time to see it before you throw it. It has to be anticipation, throwing into windows, which Hurts cant do. The eagles need to be a single wing offence in the red zone with Hurts and not just lean in, but jump all the way into his running ability, and they appear to be hesitant to do that. So you have a QB who cant play the way the HC wants and a HC unwilling to adapt to meet the needs of the player... That's a pretty simple and reliable formula for a bad team. Defensively, much improved today, though im wondering if this defence will only look good when other offences arent firing on all cylinders
Also, you paid Jordan Mailata to play LT, he's play NFL football for 4 years and basically all of it at LT... When Lane Johnson is out, let your LT play LT, and use your **** swing tackle (Dillard) to play RT. I understand they're probably trying to give Dillard as many reps as they can at LT with a view of trading him. But that's **** dumb football.

Panthers just made too many mistakes down the stretch, they should have put the eagles in the dirt well before half time. Sam Darnold turned back into a pumpkin and the OL was under duress all day long. Christian McCaffrey should be back next week, that'll help tremendously.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

- Jets back to looking miserable. This Wilson thing is must be concerning for Jets fans who go into these things expecting them to fail. The biggest issue i've got with him right now is he's making the same mistakes time and time again, not learning from them. Which is really concerning. On the plus side Michael Carter i think will be a good back for them in coming years.
- Falcons finally realised they have an alien at TE. Kyle Pitts got double digit targets, was featured in the red zone and was a threat all game. This should not be game specific, he's been open all year long. If you're throwing 30 times a game, he should be seeing at least 8 targets per game, and be the primary red zone target. He's uncoverable

- The Fightin' (and Cryin') Dan Campbells get their hearts broken again. Awful. They deserved to win that game. Dan Campbell extremely emotional post game, i think that'll play well in the locker room. He cares and the players will run through a wall for him. Keep chuggin' Lions, it'll get better.
- Vikings got extremely lucky to win this game, but there is nothing they do exceptionally well without Cook. Defensively they're hanging in there but i dont think any legit contender is scare of them

- New Orleans continue to be the most confusing team for me. I really have no idea if they're good or bad. Today they piled up yards and points and frankly, they did it easy. Michael Thomas is due back soon, we'll see how that changes the offence for them, they could certainly use a legit #1 WR right now.
- I am not confused about the WFT. They're not good. Offensively with Heinike they're going to have some moments but it's not enough and the much ballyhooed defence is getting ripped up weekly. This could be a good thing for Young long term, this is a chance for him to take over that defence from a leadership POV.

- I'm here to tell you, with glee that the patriots also suck. Just a mind numbingly boring and unremarkable team. The defence is solid, it'll keep them above 0.500 but the running game isnt what i thought it would be and whilst Mac Jones is limiting mistakes, he's taking easy, 3-4 yard nothing plays whilst eschewing good down field opportunities. He needs to start ripping it. Because this ain't it.
- Texans should have won this game, they were the better team, Davis Mills was the better QB in this game. Incredible scenes really. This is a bit similar to the Lions in that you have to have respect for Culley and his staff, the come prepared every week and make you earn it despite being a practise squad in terms of talent.

- Panic stations for the dolphins. They're in a tailspin and it's hard to see how they get out of it unless Tua comes back and lives up to his draft stock. They might be handing over a top 5-7 pick to the Eagles at this rate. Feels we're speeding head first towards an off season centered around a Watson trade
- Not much to say about the Bucs, they handled their business, and business is boomin' as AB would say. He's all the way back now, it's been so long that you kind of forget how absurdly good Antonio Brown is. There is nothing he cant do. Defence is struggling with health but it's opportunistic

- Mason Crosby had himself quite a night... i cant imagine he felt anything other than palpable relief when he finally kicked the game winner. Its really surprising to see the packers only have 25 points in a game where Davonte Adams had 200 yards. They're ticking along though and stacking wins
- I thought this was a good performance from the Bengals defensively, they hung in there with Rodgers and Adams going off. Offensively Ja'Marr Chase is already a superstar and Burrow knows it. They're going to be great together.

- Big Ben Watch: NOT as washed as he was last week! Finally they found a deep game, and Chase Claypool is a key guy here. Ben can throw wounded ducks up to him and he's going to be able to make plays and tough contested catches. I'd love to see Claypool in an offence with a better QB though. Dude is very good.
- Surprising egg laid here by the Broncos. But i guess i shouldn't be THAT surprised. There is just a limit to their offence with Teddy B there, this is another team who are seemingly in a holding pattern waiting for the off season QB move, be that Watson or Rodgers or whoever.

- Titans handle the jags pretty easily in the end. A professional win by them. Derrick Henry with another 150 yards and 3 td game. They might be finding their identity a bit here. Getting AJ Brown back helped, and Julio should be back soon too.
- Jags season continues to plummet, the only saving grace of this is every week you can see it with Lawrence. Unlike Wilson, he's learning from his mistakes and the wow throws are there every week. They leaned a little more into his ability to run in the red zone and that's a good thing too. They sort out this HC situation and they're going to be ok.

- Brownies left a brownie in their pants here. Absolutely should have won this game. Up 1, and in a 40 point shoot out, you go run-pass-run-punt? You really think you can stop Herbert and the Chargers and win by 1 when you haven't done it all game? Baker's 2 minute drill was realllly bad. No time outs, and you're taking 4-8 yards in the middle of the field? Come on now.
- Chargers got out chargered by the Browns but Justin Herbert... my goodness gracious me. He is unbelievable. Probably quarter poll MVP. No one is playing at a higher level than him right now. Also Derwin James should be DPOTY, what he does for them is absurd. But he wont have the counting stats to win it.

- Didn't see a lot of the Bears- Raiders game but looks like Fields had some nice plays and some rookie stuff mixed in. At least now with Bill Lazor calling plays, its an offence built around what Fields can do and do well. Bears are as always, good defensively.
- Tough week for the Raiders after racist emails from Jon Gruden from 2011 surfaced, i dont expect this story to stick around long, but the Raiders have come back to earth a bit after their strong opening 3 weeks. They really can't escape from the fact that Derek Carr isnt going to be consistent enough for them to make a leap

- Kyle Shanahan is on my watch list now. That offensive performance with Lance was... well, offensive. Really didnt put Lance is good positions to succeed, and didn't lean into his skillset much. He's going to go back to Jimmy G as soon as this week it feels like. He shouldnt. He should roll with Lance. For Lance himself, a lot of bad but there were times where you really saw what can make him special.
- Cardinals escape a bad game with a W, that's what good teams do. Only undefeated team left but i think they're a bit of a paper tiger. I dont think they're a genuine contender.

- Bad day for the G-men, got their **** kicked, they lost Golladay, Barkley and Jones in this game and it all fell apart quickly. Jones is playing OK this year and i'm very curious to see what the giants do. I have a feeling they're going to talk themselves into another year with him. I wouldn't. He's not good enough.
- Cowboys looking really good early here. The defence is still not great but it plays hard and it gets turn overs. The offence is rolling and Dak is playing extremely well coming off the injury. It's all lining up beautifully for everyone to get on the hype train and see them lose in the play offs because that's what they do. Can't wait!

- Big time statement win by the Bills. They handled the Chiefs all game, Allen is well and truly back to playing his best, this Dawson Knox is emerging as a much needed threat at TE, and the defence is playing at an extremely high level. They're firmly in the running for a SB. I'd be pumped for them, Buffalo is a cool team and their fan base rocks and i want to see all the fans going through tables in a post SB celebration.
- Panic time for the chiefs, not in any offensive sense, the turn overs are a problem but they'll correct that, im confident they're not going to keep turning it over 3-4 times a game. But defensively its a mess, they cant win the SB with this defence as it is right now. They need Chris Jones back, they need to try and find another pass rusher, and a LB who can play at an NFL level would be a major upgrade for them right now, though i do think Nick Bolton has flashed at times.
Last edited by Botman on October 12, 2021, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Looking forward to this MNF game. This’ll be my first extended look at Wentz in a Colts jersey and the Ravens are always fun to watch.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

RE: Daniel Jones - the Giants are loyal to a fault. It’s John Mara’s fatal flaw. You see it all over that organisation - sticking with Eli too long, hiring ex-Giant personnel like Gettleman and Garrett, promoting internally (McAdoo) etc. So they will definitely be rolling with a 4th year Daniel Jones in 2022, and I’d wager they’ll pick up his 5th year option in the offseason too. I suspect he’ll be out after that a la Winston and Mariota.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Gruden FIRED!
I mean, sounds like it might be warranted, but WOW.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Lol @ Jon Gruden
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Goodness me, i didnt expect Gruden to be gone after the email about Demaurice Smith, but with new reports today that these emails span 7 years and establish a pattern of racist, misogynistic, sexist and homophobic behaviour, it sort of makes it impossible to lead a team in a league that is 70+% black, and you've got an openly gay player on your team and countless women on staff.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: October 12, 2021, 7:41 am - Jets back to looking miserable. This Wilson thing is must be concerning for Jets fans who go into these things expecting them to fail. The biggest issue i've got with him right now is he's making the same mistakes time and time again, not learning from them. Which is really concerning. On the plus side Michael Carter i think will be a good back for them in coming years.
- Falcons finally realised they have an alien at TE. Kyle Pitts got double digit targets, was featured in the red zone and was a threat all game. This should not be game specific, he's been open all year long. If you're throwing 30 times a game, he should be seeing at least 8 targets per game, and be the primary red zone target. He's uncoverable

- The Fightin' (and Cryin') Dan Campbells get their hearts broken again. Awful. They deserved to win that game. Dan Campbell extremely emotional post game, i think that'll play well in the locker room. He cares and the players will run through a wall for him. Keep chuggin' Lions, it'll get better.
- Vikings got extremely lucky to win this game, but there is nothing they do exceptionally well without Cook. Defensively they're hanging in there but i dont think any legit contender is scare of them

- New Orleans continue to be the most confusing team for me. I really have no idea if they're good or bad. Today they piled up yards and points and frankly, they did it easy. Michael Thomas is due back soon, we'll see how that changes the offence for them, they could certainly use a legit #1 WR right now.
- I am not confused about the WFT. They're not good. Offensively with Heinike they're going to have some moments but it's not enough and the much ballyhooed defence is getting ripped up weekly. This could be a good thing for Young long term, this is a chance for him to take over that defence from a leadership POV.

- I'm here to tell you, with glee that the patriots also suck. Just a mind numbingly boring and unremarkable team. The defence is solid, it'll keep them above 0.500 but the running game isnt what i thought it would be and whilst Mac Jones is limiting mistakes, he's taking easy, 3-4 yard nothing plays whilst eschewing good down field opportunities. He needs to start ripping it. Because this ain't it.
- Texans should have won this game, they were the better team, Davis Mills was the better QB in this game. Incredible scenes really. This is a bit similar to the Lions in that you have to have respect for Culley and his staff, the come prepared every week and make you earn it despite being a practise squad in terms of talent.

- Panic stations for the dolphins. They're in a tailspin and it's hard to see how they get out of it unless Tua comes back and lives up to his draft stock. They might be handing over a top 5-7 pick to the Eagles at this rate. Feels we're speeding head first towards an off season centered around a Watson trade
- Not much to say about the Bucs, they handled their business, and business is boomin' as AB would say. He's all the way back now, it's been so long that you kind of forget how absurdly good Antonio Brown is. There is nothing he cant do. Defence is struggling with health but it's opportunistic

- Mason Crosby had himself quite a night... i cant imagine he felt anything other than palpable relief when he finally kicked the game winner. Its really surprising to see the packers only have 25 points in a game where Davonte Adams had 200 yards. They're ticking along though and stacking wins
- I thought this was a good performance from the Bengals defensively, they hung in there with Rodgers and Adams going off. Offensively Ja'Marr Chase is already a superstar and Burrow knows it. They're going to be great together.

- Big Ben Watch: NOT as washed as he was last week! Finally they found a deep game, and Chase Claypool is a key guy here. Ben can throw wounded ducks up to him and he's going to be able to make plays and tough contested catches. I'd love to see Claypool in an offence with a better QB though. Dude is very good.
- Surprising egg laid here by the Broncos. But i guess i shouldn't be THAT surprised. There is just a limit to their offence with Teddy B there, this is another team who are seemingly in a holding pattern waiting for the off season QB move, be that Watson or Rodgers or whoever.

- Titans handle the jags pretty easily in the end. A professional win by them. Derrick Henry with another 150 yards and 3 td game. They might be finding their identity a bit here. Getting AJ Brown back helped, and Julio should be back soon too.
- Jags season continues to plummet, the only saving grace of this is every week you can see it with Lawrence. Unlike Wilson, he's learning from his mistakes and the wow throws are there every week. They leaned a little more into his ability to run in the red zone and that's a good thing too. They sort out this HC situation and they're going to be ok.

- Brownies left a brownie in their pants here. Absolutely should have won this game. Up 1, and in a 40 point shoot out, you go run-pass-run-punt? You really think you can stop Herbert and the Chargers and win by 1 when you haven't done it all game? Baker's 2 minute drill was realllly bad. No time outs, and you're taking 4-8 yards in the middle of the field? Come on now.
- Chargers got out chargered by the Browns but Justin Herbert... my goodness gracious me. He is unbelievable. Probably quarter poll MVP. No one is playing at a higher level than him right now. Also Derwin James should be DPOTY, what he does for them is absurd. But he wont have the counting stats to win it.

- Didn't see a lot of the Bears- Raiders game but looks like Fields had some nice plays and some rookie stuff mixed in. At least now with Bill Lazor calling plays, its an offence built around what Fields can do and do well. Bears are as always, good defensively.
- Tough week for the Raiders after racist emails from Jon Gruden from 2011 surfaced, i dont expect this story to stick around long, but the Raiders have come back to earth a bit after their strong opening 3 weeks. They really can't escape from the fact that Derek Carr isnt going to be consistent enough for them to make a leap

- Kyle Shanahan is on my watch list now. That offensive performance with Lance was... well, offensive. Really didnt put Lance is good positions to succeed, and didn't lean into his skillset much. He's going to go back to Jimmy G as soon as this week it feels like. He shouldnt. He should roll with Lance. For Lance himself, a lot of bad but there were times where you really saw what can make him special.
- Cardinals escape a bad game with a W, that's what good teams do. Only undefeated team left but i think they're a bit of a paper tiger. I dont think they're a genuine contender.

- Bad day for the G-men, got their **** kicked, they lost Golladay, Barkley and Jones in this game and it all fell apart quickly. Jones is playing OK this year and i'm very curious to see what the giants do. I have a feeling they're going to talk themselves into another year with him. I wouldn't. He's not good enough.
- Cowboys looking really good early here. The defence is still not great but it plays hard and it gets turn overs. The offence is rolling and Dak is playing extremely well coming off the injury. It's all lining up beautifully for everyone to get on the hype train and see them lose in the play offs because that's what they do. Can't wait!

- Big time statement win by the Bills. They handled the Chiefs all game, Allen is well and truly back to playing his best, this Dawson Knox is emerging as a much needed threat at TE, and the defence is playing at an extremely high level. They're firmly in the running for a SB. I'd be pumped for them, Buffalo is a cool team and their fan base rocks and i want to see all the fans going through tables in a post SB celebration.
- Panic time for the chiefs, not in any offensive sense, the turn overs are a problem but they'll correct that, im confident they're not going to keep turning it over 3-4 times a game. But defensively its a mess, they cant win the SB with this defence as it is right now. They need Chris Jones back, they need to try and find another pass rusher, and a LB who can play at an NFL level would be a major upgrade for them right now, though i do think Nick Bolton has flashed at times.
Love ya work Botman,
My 2 cents on the rest:

Jets - Agreed. They are the killer of QBs.
Falcons - Pitts and Patterson make them exciting, but there is a lot of trash in between.

Lions - I keep calling them plucky, and I think they were again. Eventually this team will roll over, but it will be post Thanksgiving IMO.
Vikings - Not sure how they won TBH, but they should be much better offensively than that. Mattinson is a good enough #2 RB, and Theilen and Jefferson are very good.

Saints - 100% the unknown. Good or bad?!?!
WFT - isn't it sad to see them stink.... hahaha. I like Gibson though.

Pats - You have a bell cow and cant get him free. The 1 game Jones plays was against the GOAT. Gotta see more of that guy.
Buccs - NEXT.... AB is scary again! Evans is rollin not too. So ooph! Good luck everyone else.

Packers vs Bengals - the ex-Cowboys clash! Jaylon Smith vs Chidobe Awousie. Chido gets an INT.
GB - Its ARod, Jones and Adams vs the world. Not sure what the rest are doing. Crosby is usually so safe, it was a weird one for him.
Bengals - Chase is a beast! Burrows is avg, but I agree, if he keeps looking for #1 he'll be fine most weeks.

Steelers - Big Ben found something, Claypool and Najee are good. Stole a 'Dub' IMO.
Bronx - Game on the line, Teddy doesnt have the big play in him, and we knew that.

Tits - Henry is a 1 man army!!! May as well play QB at this point.
Jagz - they are bad, but a few players are going ok, Lawrence, Shenault, Robinson and Arnold. They might have something.

Browns vs Chargers. This was a crazy game. 89pts!!! No D played here.
Browns - they will run you to death, Chubb and Hunt are very good. Mayfield came to play today, BUT... the 4th quarter was horrendous!
Chargers - They should have gotten beat here, but Herbert did a Brady IMO. 26pts in the 4th. Williams is a miss match WR, and the Chargers are using him waaaaaaaay better than Lions. Ekeler was the difference though, he was untouchable.

Bears - They suck TBH, and didnt look good. Fields was running around like a headless chook. They were run heavy. MEH!
Raiders - Carr got hurt, sure, but they were sucking before that was a factor. They are looking more an more like last yr or even 2019 than the beginning of 2021. Renfrow is a bright spark though. (Oh, and as above, Gruden is goneski!)

9ers - Lance looks like Kaep to me. They have those long loaping legs an a rocket arm. Im not convinced he is better than that. However, Kaep played in a SB, so theres that.
Cards - TBH, Murrays scrambles put them in bad spots this wk. But he had just enough big plays in him to get the W.

GMen vs Cows - Ill leave the jabs alone :P

Bills - DAMN son! They took it to the Chiefs and didnt take the foot off the throat. They had some luck in the game late, but they had earnt it by then.
Chiefs - love a fumbled snap combined with a butt fumble :lol: Their D is awful! Some bad teams will score on them.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Ravens digging a big hole here
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Lamar has flicked the switch. This 2nd half is gonna get interesting
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I said it would be interesting, but thats not what I expected.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Well... its turns again and again.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Wentz needs to respond, lead a nice long clock chewing drive here with points
A FG would be fine, but Blankenship is banged up
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Blocked field goal attempt! Oh boy we have a game in our hands!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Well... this is Lamar for you.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

You sunk my Blankenship :lol: OT baby!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

the bone wrote: October 12, 2021, 1:19 pm You sunk my Blankenship :lol: OT baby!
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Ravens! **** they are joy to watch. That was a huge game from Lamar
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

LAMAR TIME!!!
WOW!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Wentz Watch:

He needs 13 of 17 games to get to 75% of snaps played

He's 5 games deep... Come on, Wentzy boy... i need 8 more games from you big guy
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: October 12, 2021, 1:38 pm Wentz Watch:

He needs 13 of 17 games to get to 75% of snaps played

He's 5 games deep... Come on, Wentzy boy... i need 8 more games from you big guy
playing on dodgy ankles for a couple of wks helped you
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Juju out for the yr. Shoulder
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Good news
Amazing how quickly he went from young franchise WR to an after thought
Be very curious to see where he lands next year

I think this helps the Steelers, more targets for Claypool who is a far better WR
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Watching the Ravens / Colts highlights. Jackson is just enjoyable to watch. Everything is so smooth. Danger with the ball in hand as well as a solid passing game.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

zim wrote: October 13, 2021, 1:01 pm Watching the Ravens / Colts highlights. Jackson is just enjoyable to watch. Everything is so smooth. Danger with the ball in hand as well as a solid passing game.
Dude is a freak! Couldnt do much in the 1st half, then did Lamar stuff in the 2nd half.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

@Botman,
You have about 45mins to have a think and post, but how does today game vs the Buccs play out? I have a theory, but ill give you 1st shot.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: October 15, 2021, 9:38 am @Botman,
You have about 45mins to have a think and post, but how does today game vs the Buccs play out? I have a theory, but ill give you 1st shot.
I'll tell you how it plays out
The eagles get curb stomped on national TV

We're not going to be able to score points against this defence unless they lean into Hurts as a runner, and actually scheme up that with designed runs etc.
And offensively this secondary hasn't got a prayer of holding up against Evans, Brown and Godwin. They play soft zone coverage, and all i've done for 15 **** years is watch Tom Brady win a million super bowls dicing up soft zone coverage.

Start your bucs in fantasy, they'll all eat.

Bucs 44
Eagles 13
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: October 15, 2021, 10:05 am
Matt wrote: October 15, 2021, 9:38 am @Botman,
I'll tell you how it plays out
The eagles get curb stomped on national TV

We're not going to be able to score points against this defence unless they lean into Hurts as a runner, and actually scheme up that with designed runs etc.
And offensively this secondary hasn't got a prayer of holding up against Evans, Brown and Godwin. They play soft zone coverage, and all i've done for 15 **** years is watch Tom Brady win a million super bowls dicing up soft zone coverage.

Start your bucs in fantasy, they'll all eat.

Bucs 44
Eagles 13
I think you can pass on them if your try, but basically, yes. Its gonna be 1 way traffic
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Who could have imagined asking Tom Brady to throw over the LB's and in front of the safeties wouldnt work out well?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Brady throws a punt. Shocker
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Junk Time Jalen is heating up... Good teams win, GREAT TEAMS COVER!
can he get the eagles a +7 cover?
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Haha, that Run the Ball sign in the crowd!
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Toviii wrote: October 15, 2021, 12:50 pm Haha, that Run the Ball sign in the crowd!
I love philly fans
they give it to you straight.. you've never heard a fan base cheer for running plays like this
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Jalen Hurts is a bad NFL QB.

Who do you want in the draft next year with your 14 first rounders?