NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

Im very happy with Oweh to Buccs, as thats what I would have done, as per my look.

Never had a feeling about Chiefs, but team 40 burger is working, so Watkins OUT, Moore IN sounds good.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I haven't heard a single expert that agree with the 9ers coming up for Jones. He isnt that kinda QB.
However... who really knows tip pick 3???
Maybe they do something crazy and pick Pitts?!?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

It's very strange, every single insider worth their salt is saying it's for Mac Jones, and every draft evaluator worth their salt is saying its insane if they pick Mac over Lance or Fields.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Edleman is hanging them up
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

That could put the Pats firmly in the market for WR in the draft. Particularly a possession receiver. Davonta Smith could even fall to them at 15.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Probably the right move, he's been moving like a mummy the last year or two

Interesting question on twitter at the moment is about his HOF credentials....
For me, hell of a career. I think he probably will go to the HOF given all the SB's the SB MVP, he's got the iconic play etc... this is the nature of it, the Pats are going to send a **** ton of guys to the HOF in the next 10-20 years but for me he's never been one of the best 5, even 10 WRs in the league. I'd vote no but i think he'll get in
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Yep. Edelman is a system guy. Worked really well for the Pats, particularly with Gronk causing headaches underneath he had a lot of 1 on 1 situations and became Brady's safety outlet. Was he a very good receiver? Absolutely. Was he an all time great? Not really. He'll still make the HoF because of his Superbowl exploits.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

I don't see Ettienne at the Bills.

The Bills have invested too much into RB's. Back to back seconds on RB's the past two drafts.

They would be nuts to throw a first in there too..They need to roll with what they have and I would suggest strengthening their secondary is more of a priority.

Pats are now firmly in the QB/WR spot but I suspect they will trade up for a QB and then take a WR with their next. With many defensive pieces returning this season they are sorted there. This draft will be a heavy offensive draft for the Pats.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Lucy wrote: April 13, 2021, 4:35 pm I don't see Ettienne at the Bills.

The Bills have invested too much into RB's. Back to back seconds on RB's the past two drafts.

They would be nuts to throw a first in there too..They need to roll with what they have and I would suggest strengthening their secondary is more of a priority.

Pats are now firmly in the QB/WR spot but I suspect they will trade up for a QB and then take a WR with their next. With many defensive pieces returning this season they are sorted there. This draft will be a heavy offensive draft for the Pats.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Moss and Singletary were both 3rd round picks. That demonstrates they have been looking to address the position in the draft. Both are OK, not exceptional. Neither had anywhere near the credentials of Ettienne coming into the draft. He has the potential to elevate their offence to the next level. Retain one of their current RBs as back up, which it could be argued is their current role as neither is the established starter. The other could be traded for a day 3 pick next year. Not a bad outcome really.

Bills on the clock at 30 staring at beat RB prospects on the board. They have pick of the store this time instead of shopping on the clearance rack.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

They're a pretty well rounded team, what they do lack is something explosive out of the backfield... and with the way Allen is able to run the ball, there is gapping holes at times and Moss and Singletary simply dont have the juice to really take advantage

Ettienne probably doesnt project as a true featured back in the NFL anyways. I think you'd want to use him in a similar way to Saints and Kamara, where sure he's the guy you turn too but there is plenty of carries behind him to sustain the Lat Murray/Devin Singletary type in a 1-2 punch

I don't know if the Bills would do it, but i do think it will be on the table for, and i think they'd be perfectly fine with giving Allen a new weapon.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Goodness me, that's a big fella, who can move
Athletic freak

Interesting to see if they can teach him how to play. Definitely worth a shot
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

His numbers scream edge rusher. Interesting they've pegged him as a TE. Often the hardest position to transition to for College players coming into the pros. For a guy who's never played before it would be infinitely harder. The article mentions Antonio Gate and Tony Gonzalez as basketballers who became elite TEs. Biggest difference is they played football in highschool and/or college.

Still he's worth a shot for his physical attributes alone.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Progressive Drinking Botman Mock 1.0 (With some trades)

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
2. New York Jets - Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
3. San Fransisco 49ers - Trey Lance, QB, NDSU
4. *TRADE* Denver Broncos - Justin Fields, QB, OSU
5. Cincinatti Bengals - Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
6. Miami Dolphins - Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
7. *TRADE* New England Patriots - Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
8. Carolina Panthers - Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
9. Atlanta Falcons - Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
10. Dallas Cowboys - Patrick Surtain Jr, CB, Alabama
11. New York Giants - Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU (this hurt my feelings)
12. Philadelphia Eagles - Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
13. Los Angeles Chargers - Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
14. Minnesota Vikings - Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virgina Tech
15. Detroit Lions - DaVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
16. Arizona Cardinals - Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC
17. Las Vegas Raiders - Caleb Farley, CB, Virgina Tech
18. Miami Dolphins - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB/S, Notre Dame
19. *TRADE* Tennessee Titans - Jaelan Phillops, Edge, Miami (FL)
20. Chicago Bears - Tevin Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State
21. Indianapolis Colts - Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern
22. Washington Football Team - Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
23. New York Jets - Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
24. Pittsburgh Steelers - Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
25. Jacksonville Jaguars - Samual Comsi, OT, Texas
26. Cleveland Browns - Azeez Ojulari, DE, Georgia
27. Baltimore Ravens - Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida
28. New Orleans Saints - Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
29. Green Bay Packers - Terrance Marshall Jr, WR, LSU
30. Buffalo Bills - Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
31. Kansas City Chiefs - Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky
32. Tampa Bay Bucs - Christian Barrrimore, DT, Alabama
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I can see some of that happening. Bronx esp.
Pats are a trade down team though, do u really think they come up?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: April 15, 2021, 7:37 am Pats are a trade down team though, do u really think they come up?
BB had to play last year for the first time in nearly 2 decades without a reliable QB... and it was his worst seasons since his browns stint?
I dont think he liked being a bad team and watching TB go and win another ring. I think he's ready to make some bold moves
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: April 15, 2021, 2:01 pm
Matt wrote: April 15, 2021, 7:37 am Pats are a trade down team though, do u really think they come up?
BB had to play last year for the first time in nearly 2 decades without a reliable QB... and it was his worst seasons since his browns stint?
I dont think he liked being a bad team and watching TB go and win another ring. I think he's ready to make some bold moves
We shall see.
And I can totally see Falcons or Panthers trading back.
I reckon Bronx want to go up too.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

We're getting to the pointy end of the draft season and low and behold, the betting favourite to go #3 now.
I laid some money on Mac Jones over 3.5 @ $3.10 about 5 days ago, and that market is down and has been replaced with a Justin Fields one.

Very excited about Fields to the Niners becoming the thing
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Here's an interesting take...
A couple of the Boys media scouts have placed Farley at CB 8, due to his back. Now I know, the Boys official recruitment guy Will McClay ranks on talent no matter what, BUT... what's the chance Farley is falls to the 2nd Rd because of it? And... what's the chances of Boys double dipping if he is there at 44?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I dont think it's beyond the realms of possibility
He's going on near 500 days since Farley played a game of football, and he's coming off a recurring back injury... that is plenty of reason for him to fall

he flat out wont be on some teams boards. Just too risky. Some teams will not even have him considered. Who does and who deosnt and where they pick? Who knows

Will he be there @ 44? I dont think so. Someone will take the swing before then, worst case scenario, if my eagles stay out of the CB game at 12, i dont think they'd pass on him in the second.

But he's a prime candidate to fall.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Farley falling I can see. Dropping out of the 1st round I'm not so sure about. If he's still on the board at 30 I can't see Bills passing.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Fair enough, you're both probably right. Just an interesting thought. TBH, I would be surprised if we doubled dipped with 1st 2 picks too, but I'd be all for it
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

10 days from the draft and analysts are struggle to find stories. After all the Mac Jones to 49ers talk everybody started settling on Justin Fields. Now there's doubts being placed around that with some claiming Fields is a smokescreen. 49ers can take whoever they want after Lawrence and Wilson. No need for them to throw any scuttlebutt around.

Mel Kiper is also becoming a parody of himself. He flip flops so many times you can't keep track. He's now come up with the dumb idea that Dolphins will trade up to 4 and take Kyle Pitts with Atlanta dropping back to 6 and picking Trey Lance. Pitts to Dolphins and Lance to Falcons makes a ton of sense but why come up with the ridiculous trade idea? Just make those picks in their allotted positions.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah i've seen that floated, like if the Dolphins were Kyle Pitts or nothing, they'd have just stayed and made the pick @ 3 :lol:

I think they'll take Pitts if he's there but i think they moved up to 6 because they are probably going to be happy with Pitts or their best rated WR (probably Chase but could be Waddle/Smith) and know they'll get that at 6
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: April 19, 2021, 1:21 pm Yeah i've seen that floated, like if the Dolphins were Kyle Pitts or nothing, they'd have just stayed and made the pick @ 3 :lol:

I think they'll take Pitts if he's there but i think they moved up to 6 because they are probably going to be happy with Pitts or their best rated WR (probably Chase but could be Waddle/Smith) and know they'll get that at 6
I believe it is that simple. Dolphins are happy with Pitts, Chase, Smith or Waddle. They may also be comfortable with Sewell or Slater and decide to wait for no18 for their pass catcher. They know at least one or several will be there at no6. Maybe not at no12. The only way they trade up to 4 is if the deal means a good net result to ultimately move down 1 spot. Otherwise Grier will look a fool. You can be certain Altanta won't be moving down 2 spots unless they get decent compensation for it.

Atlanta really have to take their opportunity to grab a QB as they may not get another shot like this. Sitting at 4 they will have a choice of whichever 2 are left on the board. If Bengals want to get a target for Burrow it will certainly be Chase, not Pitts.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Are we there yet???
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Another week and a half to go
Kyle Shanny and the Niners absolutely taking the piss now, they're as bored as we are. Dan Graziano saying he believes Trey Lance is firmly in the picture for #3.

:lol:
God bless it
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

We can now spend time looking for the most bizarre draft predictions.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Piggles,

Pheagles on the clock and Mac Jones still on the board. You pull the trigger?
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

No way the Eagles pull that trigger. I’m coming around to the idea that they’ll pick a corner at #12, either Jaycee Horn or Patrick Surtain II
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: April 20, 2021, 10:24 am Piggles,

Pheagles on the clock and Mac Jones still on the board. You pull the trigger?
I dont pull the trigger and i dont think there is any chance the eagles brass do either
It's widely reported that internally they value mobility and movement traits in the QB very highly, it's why they were comfortable moving to #2 and picking Wentz after Goff, he was legitimately higher on their board. And it's part why they took Hurts, he graded out very highly for them because of his ability to move and run.

Im curious as to why they're not high on Justin Fields, they were apparently interested in moving to #3 to get Zach Wilson, but when they couldnt get him, they didnt want #3 so presumably there is something about Fields that they dont like.

But back to Mac, they're not going to grade him very highly i dont think. He'll be a day 2 grade for them i would bet. So no, they're not going to take him at 12, if he's there, unless something truly spectacular occurs and someone like Chase or Pitts is sitting there at #12, i think they'll be very open trading back again for a team like maybe the Pats or Bears to come and get Mac Jones... if they really dont like Mac Jones, and i think this is going to be a player that the owner and GM feel very strongly about in the negative, they are a team that will trade with Washington imo, they had no issue in shipping Donny McNabb in division when they thought he was cooked. So i wouldnt even rule that out, though it is unlikely and i'd need to be a BIG time over pay

I could see Mac sitting there @12, and the eagles looking for a future 1st to move back, maybe even a 2023... and then looking at a situation next year with 3-4 potential first rounders and then resetting the cap this year, they'll be picking high again unless Hurts is THE guy, and can fully assess the QB market, including trade options like Watson/Wilson, whose coming out and having the ammo to go and make something happen
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Makes sense. I'd seen a couple of mocks having the Eagles Trading back would be ideal unless Surtain was on the board. Reckon they would grab him. Move back to 15 and they would probably still get Horn or Farley. Even Davonta Smith as he's unlikely to go on picks 13 and 14. NE have a bunch of 4th rounders in their pocket to make a trade. NE may even off pick 96 to move up a few spots.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Just read a mock that has us trade with Lions to get Pitts at 7. Giving up both our 3s.

Then trading up in the 2nd to get Farley.

Hahahaha... as if
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: April 20, 2021, 12:30 pm Just read a mock that has us trade with Lions to get Pitts at 7. Giving up both our 3s.

Then trading up in the 2nd to get Farley.

Hahahaha... as if
Thats a good one. Top talent falling in both rounds and Cowboys trading up to get them. No more picks for the rest of the draft. :lol:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Looking at some draft betting markets now and seeing what value is there. I collected on Ruggs last year being 1st WR to go at nice odds of $6.00. Chase is $1.11 this year and I wouldn't be betting against that. QB market also pointless with Lawrence at $1.01. Notable he has drifted from the $1.005 he was earlier. Technically his odds have doubled. :lol:

Some of the more open markets available.

Running Back has Harris at $1.57; Etienne $2.50 and Williams $6.00. Etienne the value here as I reckon it's a coin flip between him and Harris. Williams is a progressive type with classic traits of the NFL RB. If these guys all fall into the 2nd round I could see him being 1st off the board being a relatively 'safe' pick.

Cornerback market has shifted dramatically. Surtain at $1.33 and Horn $3.00 with Farley out to $20.00 and blowing big time. Samuel ($31.00) might even pass him. I think Cowboys will take Surtain at no10 but I'm not taking those skinny odds.

Offensive Line is a 2 horse race between Sewell ($1.17) and Slater ($3.75). I reckon that's great value on Slater as many GMs could consider him more NFL ready right now. Teams picking in the top half of the draft generally look for a guy who will contribute from Day 1. Slater might fit that mould more so well worth a punt at decent odds.

Defensive Line is similar to the RB market. Paye $1.72; Phillips $3.30; Barmore $6.00 top the market, then a couple at longer odds with Rousseau $17.00 and Oweh $20.00. All go in the 1st round IMO. Interestingly all might still be on the board after NE pick at 15. I don't see a pure interior DL like Barmore going 1st as teams picking mid 1st have more needs at DE. Phillips is the best bet here at the odds. Rousseau maybe worth a spec. His production had been excellent and there's serious upside. Could be the shock top pick of this group.