NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: February 23, 2019, 6:58 am Bob Kraft arrested for soliciting prostitution as a result of an investigation into human trafficking

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/2/22 ... ostitution

Basic Bobby likes to pay sex slaves to **** him. The patriots can have their rings, that organisation is a disgrace. Proven, repeated cheats on the field and an owner who props up the human trafficking industry
Just saw that.
WOW.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Pigman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: February 20, 2019, 12:57 pm Waiting for the class of 2020 assumes Shurmur is in a position to play the long game. Another losing season and the pressure is on everybody in 2020 to perform or die. Drafting this year and using it to transition in a rookie QB helps buy him some time.

Of course it all comes down to how they rate the 2019 class. If they covet a guy like Haskins then its as good as done.
Shurmer doesn’t make draft or FA decisions
That’s Gettleman, and he knows his long term security is dependent on his qb decision

Going with ownership who love Eli, and riding it out one more year, and giving him a chance at Tua, Fromm or Herbert gives him a better chance to hang on here

I could be wrong and maybe they love him... but I wouldn’t bet my job on Haskins
Eli only has one year left on his contract, so if they draft Haskins this year, they can sit him behind Eli, give Manning the farewell tour, and start Haskins in 2020. They could always re-sign Eli for 2020 on a budget deal, but I don’t think the front office could handle the backlash from media/fans who don’t want to see another 2+ years of Eli. Haskins is similar to Eli in some ways... nice pocket passer with limited athleticism, so seems like a reasonable fit. There’s also way less competition this year for a round 1 QB than what I think there will be next year. The time feels so right for the giants to draft a QB, I’ll be shocked if Gettleman passes up this opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Matt wrote: February 23, 2019, 8:55 am
Pigman wrote: February 23, 2019, 6:58 am Bob Kraft arrested for soliciting prostitution as a result of an investigation into human trafficking

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/2/22 ... ostitution

Basic Bobby likes to pay sex slaves to **** him. The patriots can have their rings, that organisation is a disgrace. Proven, repeated cheats on the field and an owner who props up the human trafficking industry
Just saw that.
WOW.
Meh. I'm sure GE can direct is to an opinion piece that 'proves' the Patriots are middle of the road for owners sex trafficking.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

:lol:
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Old mate gets a ripstart at suburban massage parlour. Would this even be in the news if it wasnt Bobby Kraft?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

the bone wrote: February 23, 2019, 10:14 am
Pigman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: February 20, 2019, 12:57 pm Waiting for the class of 2020 assumes Shurmur is in a position to play the long game. Another losing season and the pressure is on everybody in 2020 to perform or die. Drafting this year and using it to transition in a rookie QB helps buy him some time.

Of course it all comes down to how they rate the 2019 class. If they covet a guy like Haskins then its as good as done.
That’s Gettleman, and he knows his long term security is dependent on his qb decision

Going with ownership who love Eli, and riding it out one more year, and giving him a chance at Tua, Fromm or Herbert gives him a better chance to hang on here

I could be wrong and maybe they love him... but I wouldn’t bet my job on Haskins
Eli only has one year left on his contract, so if they draft Haskins this year, they can sit him behind Eli, give Manning the farewell tour, and start Haskins in 2020. They could always re-sign Eli for 2020 on a budget deal, but I don’t think the front office could handle the backlash from media/fans who don’t want to see another 2+ years of Eli. Haskins is similar to Eli in some ways... nice pocket passer with limited athleticism, so seems like a reasonable fit. There’s also way less competition this year for a round 1 QB than what I think there will be next year. The time feels so right for the giants to draft a QB, I’ll be shocked if Gettleman passes up this opportunity.

The draft a QB high and sit him idea is basically deal... Mahomes sure, Rodgers fine.. who else actually got that treatment and when did it work? Those dudes are outliers... generally speaking, you draft a QB high, he's starting week 1 or before week 8. It's just how it goes

I think you're misunderstanding the media aspect, they **** LOVE eli. The reason McAdoo got **** canned was because he rightly saw Eli was done, and benched him, and all the key players in that media market lost their **** mind. Maybe things are different now, but that market LOVES eli. Loves him.

Like ive said before, this is the season of misinformation and I'd like to believe that the Giants realise they need a QB (actually i kind of dont, i want to see them stink, let em keep Eli and waste Barkley and OBJ) and take it, but im not sure they will.

i think your point about competition is interesting and it's hard to project a year out... but i see the following teams having issues at QB which need addressing:

- Giants (Eli has to go)
- Redskins (Smith aint coming back)
- Miami (No one, apparently tanking for Tua)
- Cincy (At some point they gotta move from Dalton)
- Jaguars (No one at present)
- Broncos (Flacco a short term bandaid, if one at all)
- Raiders (Will move on from Carr)

There is some others like the Saints, Chargers, Steelers, Pats who need succession plans but they arent really in the picture.

7 teams, maybe 6 pending on Dalton. Haskins, Murray, Foles, Carr (via Raiders), Lock and Daniel Jones... thats 6 guys and 7 spots, it wont pan out that way in terms of 6/7 but at least half of those teams will have their plan in place this year... and no one is throwing the bath water out after 1 year, so i can easily see a situation where there is actually less competition next year. I think that's why what Miami and to an extent, Giants, passing on QBs this year, could make a lot of sense.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Sossman wrote: February 23, 2019, 7:23 pm Old mate gets a ripstart at suburban massage parlour. Would this even be in the news if it wasnt Bobby Kraft?

Maybe not, but i'd say it's pretty significant news that a billionaire owner of the current champions of the country's biggest sport is engaging in behaviour that runs him afoul of investigations into sex trafficking.
You'd have to be dumb mother **** to actually sit here and try and tell us this isn't a big deal
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Pigman wrote:
Sossman wrote: February 23, 2019, 7:23 pm Old mate gets a ripstart at suburban massage parlour. Would this even be in the news if it wasnt Bobby Kraft?

Maybe not, but i'd say it's pretty significant news that a billionaire owner of the current champions of the country's biggest sport is engaging in behaviour that runs him afoul of investigations into sex trafficking.
You'd have to be dumb mother **** to actually sit here and try and tell us this isn't a big deal
Be interesting to see how the NFL handles this and also interesting to see how Kraft tries to weasel out of it like all the other punishments that have been thrown at his team. He's wealthy with powerful friends so really anything, or nothing could happen.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
the bone
John Ferguson

NFL Thread

Post by the bone »

Pigman wrote:
the bone wrote: February 23, 2019, 10:14 am
Pigman wrote:

The draft a QB high and sit him idea is basically deal... Mahomes sure, Rodgers fine.. who else actually got that treatment and when did it work? Those dudes are outliers... generally speaking, you draft a QB high, he's starting week 1 or before week 8. It's just how it goes

I think you're misunderstanding the media aspect, they **** LOVE eli. The reason McAdoo got **** canned was because he rightly saw Eli was done, and benched him, and all the key players in that media market lost their **** mind. Maybe things are different now, but that market LOVES eli. Loves him.

Like ive said before, this is the season of misinformation and I'd like to believe that the Giants realise they need a QB (actually i kind of dont, i want to see them stink, let em keep Eli and waste Barkley and OBJ) and take it, but im not sure they will.

i think your point about competition is interesting and it's hard to project a year out... but i see the following teams having issues at QB which need addressing:

- Giants (Eli has to go)
- Redskins (Smith aint coming back)
- Miami (No one, apparently tanking for Tua)
- Cincy (At some point they gotta move from Dalton)
- Jaguars (No one at present)
- Broncos (Flacco a short term bandaid, if one at all)
- Raiders (Will move on from Carr)

There is some others like the Saints, Chargers, Steelers, Pats who need succession plans but they arent really in the picture.

7 teams, maybe 6 pending on Dalton. Haskins, Murray, Foles, Carr (via Raiders), Lock and Daniel Jones... thats 6 guys and 7 spots, it wont pan out that way in terms of 6/7 but at least half of those teams will have their plan in place this year... and no one is throwing the bath water out after 1 year, so i can easily see a situation where there is actually less competition next year. I think that's why what Miami and to an extent, Giants, passing on QBs this year, could make a lot of sense.
Oh yeah of course the NY media loves Eli. The guy got the city two rings, he’ll be a hero there forever. And they were rightfully outraged when McAfoo benched him (breaking up his long starting streak) for Geno **** Smith. But, the NY media aren’t blind - they know they have to move on from Eli sooner rather than later. Drafting a QB and letting him sit behind Eli is a perfect way to handle the transition of a fan-favourite QB.

The way I see it in relation to QB competition...
Jaguars will likely get a vet eg Foles
Redskins are stuck with Smith for another two years, as 2019 is fully guaranteed, and 2020 is guaranteed for injury. They probably end up with a vet as well eg Keenum
Dolphins - rumoured to be tanking for Tua, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they take Murray
Cincy - I think they’ll give Dalton a year under Taylor and see how it goes. This organisation loves inertia... no change is their MO
Broncos - signed Flacco (I still don’t understand why). He has three years left on his contract but looks like he can be cut anytime without any dead cap. But if they were going to draft a QB this year, I don’t think they would’ve bothered with this trade
Raiders - I don’t think they draft a QB until they get the rest of their putrid squad fixed... otherwise the QB is on a hiding to nothing. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them move on from Carr next year though

So 2019 I’ve got Giants and maybe 1-2 of Dolphins/Redskins/Bengals looking for a QB in round 1, in what has been described as a weak QB class. And giants currently have the highest pick of all of them.

In 2020, for what is shaping up as a hot class, you’ll have the teams who didn’t address the situation in 2019, plus Saints, Steelers, Chargers and Pats are a year closer to moving on from their vets. Bucs/titans could even be looking depending on how committed they are to Winston/Mariota.

Last edited by the bone on February 24, 2019, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

I should add, I spent the whole
of last off-season thinking the Browns would draft Darnold, so it goes to show I really have no idea haha. But it’s a lot of fun thinking about who will draft who anyway. **** I wish the NRL would have a draft... the five month offseason would be so much less painful

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

the bone wrote: February 24, 2019, 12:09 am I should add, I spent the whole
of last off-season thinking the Browns would draft Darnold, so it goes to show I really have no idea haha. But it’s a lot of fun thinking about who will draft who anyway. **** I wish the NRL would have a draft... the five month offseason would be so much less painful

The draft is the best haha
I love it
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Interesting article on Bleacher Report about Nick Foles' chances of getting a big payday... thoughts?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/282 ... ne-expects
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I dont need him to get a huge pay day, 18mil for one year will give us a comp 3rd this time next year :lol: ...
but i think the article has merit... the reality is teams know they're getting Nick Foles... they aren't getting Nick Foles and Doug Pederson.

Nick Foles at this point has proven he's a pretty damn good QB as long as he's got a good HC who understands him and how to play call for him, and weapons and scheme around to maximise him. He's your quintessential system QB... and i think teams will be hesitant to pay for that

Also as we spoke about a few posts ago... this is a weird QB market right now, there arent THAT many teams right now who think they need a QB. So Foles getting limited market, yeah i buy that.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Compensatory draft picks announced and big winners are Patriots and Rams being awarded 2 x 3rd rounders. While nobody really knows the formula you would have to says its flawed if the 2 Superbowl teams are the most rewarded.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: February 25, 2019, 1:31 pm Compensatory draft picks announced and big winners are Patriots and Rams being awarded 2 x 3rd rounders. While nobody really knows the formula you would have to says its flawed if the 2 Superbowl teams are the most rewarded.
agreed
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Randy 'Id smoke my career if I could roll it' Gregory is at it again.
****!

What a waste of talent!

Seems as though Irving is throwing his away too.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Big Dick Nick hitting the open market
no tag.

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: February 28, 2019, 9:07 am Big Dick Nick hitting the open market
no tag.

:o
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Thats big. Just about every team after a starting QB will be in the market now. Jacksonville and Miami will top the list (has he been spotted shopping for board shorts?).

Also opens the door for Washington. Could be staying in the division.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

No surprise the tag wasn’t used IMO. Per the article posted the other day, I don’t think the market for Foles is as big as many think.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

the bone wrote: February 28, 2019, 1:03 pm No surprise the tag wasn’t used IMO. Per the article posted the other day, I don’t think the market for Foles is as big as many think.

Potential landing spots are limited but he's the stand out QB on the FA market. Would be an upgrade for many teams.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Guys,

Im sure you know more than I, but how does the new NRL rules RE players under serious investigation/ bringing the game into disrepute, compare with the NFL version?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

All in all, it's probably pretty similar
the "no fault policy" feels a lot like the commissioners exempt list, except the being on the Commissioners list means you cant train or be involved in any official football activities.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: February 28, 2019, 5:47 pm All in all, it's probably pretty similar
the "no fault policy" feels a lot like the commissioners exempt list, except the being on the Commissioners list means you cant train or be involved in any official football activities.
Cheers
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Future HOF Jason Witten will once again be a Cowboy. WOOT WOOT

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... m=referral
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: March 1, 2019, 7:39 am Future HOF Jason Witten will once again be a Cowboy. WOOT WOOT

When asked why he would take up the lucrative offer after only being retired 12 months Witten replied "no comment" from the press conference in Las Vegas.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: March 1, 2019, 8:58 am
Matt wrote: March 1, 2019, 7:39 am Future HOF Jason Witten will once again be a Cowboy. WOOT WOOT

When asked why he would take up the lucrative offer after only being retired 12 months Witten replied "no comment" from the press conference in Las Vegas.
Its obvious. We begged him for 12 months to return. Then shoved a 5 million signing bonus in his face, before giving him min wage for the yr.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: March 1, 2019, 9:37 am

Its obvious. We begged him for 12 months to return. Then shoved a 5 million signing bonus in his face, before giving him min wage for the yr.
My post may have been a bit subtle for you. :)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: March 1, 2019, 10:44 am

Not really, but the article makes it pretty obvious. As was the last 12months of begging him.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: March 1, 2019, 10:51 am
Northern Raider wrote: March 1, 2019, 10:44 am

Not really, but the article makes it pretty obvious. As was the last 12months of begging him.
OK dubby I'll explain it. I made it up, suggesting that he had blown all his money in the 12 months of retirement. As such the location of my imaginery press conference.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

From the bottom of my heart, i want to thank the Cowboys for this...

First and foremost... they've removed this drooling **** **** from my TV viewing experience on MNF. I have never in my life seen a broadcaster be that bad. He was awful, and on the rare occasions i wasnt muting that god awful booth, i was dunking on that stupid brickhead **** on twitter for saying something like "You have to establish the run! When teams run the ball 30 times or more then win 67% of the time!"

And secondly... they **** wot? The cowboys paid him 5mil? Why? Who were they bidding against? 5mil in cap space for a 37 year old who hasnt played in 18 months and last time he did play, he was moving around the field as if he had a spine op performed by Dr. Duntsch!

The Eagles should keep Haloti Ngata and just have him cover Witten next year in those games. Ain't no body scared of Witten anymore. I will **** cackle with laughter if they miss out on a big time free agent like Earl Thomas because there paying a 37 corpse 5mil
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

I'd swear its a publicity stunt. Only I can't figure out what they are looking to achieve from it.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: March 1, 2019, 12:58 pm I'd swear its a publicity stunt. Only I can't figure out what they are looking to achieve from it.
The young TEs at Cowboys need mentoring. They should have got it last yr, but with a yrs experience, perhaps they can relate better.
My memory is the decent free agents moved last yr.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The young TE’s need to be cut and replaced
Wouldn’t feed any of them
Go and pay Tyler Eifert on a prove it deal and draft a guy in what looms as the best TE draft in years

I just don’t know what the cowboys expect Witten to give them. They probably can’t get one of the top 3 without trading up but Jace Sternberger and Kaden Smith should be there
Both definitely good TE prospects
Last edited by Botman on March 1, 2019, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

A $5m mentor.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk