NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

Im sure there has to be a reason, but i feel like there has to be something in it. It would be a shock, at least initially. You would need specific personnel, definitely.

I reckon you need 2 good TEs. The 3rd needs to be a catching FB or blocking TE. TBH, i feel like Philly (Ertz and Dallas), Skins (Reed and Davis), Tampa (OJ and Brate), Steelers (James, McDonald), might have the QB and TEs to make it work. Most have a RB that will be great in 1 on 1 situations too.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Eagles can’t run in
Goedert and Ertz are both willing blockers in a sense they’ll try, but they aren’t good blockers

The thing to make it work is you need at least two TEs who can block and catch, otherwise you know what’s up, no point throwing out a formation that defines what your doing

Last years eagles could have been interesting
Ertz is a wr who doesn’t block, but burton can block and catch and celek was a great blocker and capable pass catcher
We don’t have that versatility this year
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: September 24, 2018, 11:05 pm Eagles can’t run in
Goedert and Ertz are both willing blockers in a sense they’ll try, but they aren’t good blockers

The thing to make it work is you need at least two TEs who can block and catch, otherwise you know what’s up, no point throwing out a formation that defines what your doing

Ertz is a wr who doesn’t block, but burton can block and catch and celek was a great blocker and capable pass catcher
Yep. I still like it as a trick play/ shock play. At least it keeps the D thinking.

TBH, right now, the Cowboys offense is trash, and they need to try something. I was thinking about it, because we have 4 TEs and a FB on the roster. They have a blocker in Swain, Shultz is an allrounder, Jarwin is a willing blocker but mostly a catcher, and Gathers is a catcher who blocked the entire 1st series against the Seahawks (surprised everyone), and they have Olawale at FB who can catch and run.

Im not saying its going to be successful every time, but if Austin and/ or Zeke get any 1 on 1 opportunities in this formation it would be productive.

I think you could run a bubble screen to Olawale.

Catching with these guys via routes might be tricky to impossible, but if you run it and/ or use the screen, potentially you could get a sneaky catch on the 3rd or 4th attempt in this formation.

However, esp in the Cowboys case, teams will set for the run if 3 of those 5 guys come out. Which means an extra LB and/or S in most areas of the field, and obviously the heavy package at or near the goaline. I dont think you have to line up in the Jumbo, but you do have to setup late to avoid a late substitution. Just set 3 TEs to 1 side, and the WR on the other, with the RB in the I formation. Give the QB 5-10 secs with the formation set to read, and go crazy.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Steelers and Tampa play out a shootout.
Over 700 passing yards.
Crazy stuff.

Fitz another 400+ game. 1st NFL QB to register 3 in a row. The pick 6 was awful, and super costly.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

1st it was the catch rule.
Now the roughing the passer rule.... crazy!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: September 25, 2018, 8:49 am
Pigman wrote: September 24, 2018, 11:05 pm Eagles can’t run in

Yep. I still like it as a trick play/ shock play. At least it keeps the D thinking.

TBH, right now, the Cowboys offense is trash, and they need to try something. I was thinking about it, because we have 4 TEs and a FB on the roster. They have a blocker in Swain, Shultz is an allrounder, Jarwin is a willing blocker but mostly a catcher, and Gathers is a catcher who blocked the entire 1st series against the Seahawks (surprised everyone), and they have Olawale at FB who can catch and run.

Im not saying its going to be successful every time, but if Austin and/ or Zeke get any 1 on 1 opportunities in this formation it would be productive.

I think you could run a bubble screen to Olawale.

Catching with these guys via routes might be tricky to impossible, but if you run it and/ or use the screen, potentially you could get a sneaky catch on the 3rd or 4th attempt in this formation.

However, esp in the Cowboys case, teams will set for the run if 3 of those 5 guys come out. Which means an extra LB and/or S in most areas of the field, and obviously the heavy package at or near the goaline. I dont think you have to line up in the Jumbo, but you do have to setup late to avoid a late substitution. Just set 3 TEs to 1 side, and the WR on the other, with the RB in the I formation. Give the QB 5-10 secs with the formation set to read, and go crazy.
Problem is the cowboys staff is one of the least creative in the league.
The cowboys problems are vast and many, but ultimately they are poorly coached, on offence, they lack talent on both sides of the ball at vital positions, their Qb isnt very good, their skill players are arguably the worst in the league and their scheme isnt nearly good enough to overcome any of this.

They're a classic bad team. They have a OL, they have Zeke, they have Lawrence and a bunch of other guys who are just OK.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Yep.

Garrett is an easily led puppet.
Linnehan is a spud. As uninspiring as they come.
Marinelli i do like. He seems to get the best out of what little he has to work with.

Our recievers suck. Why do u think i wanted Ridley so bad?!? I mean he is totally sucking at Falcons after all (yes a QB helps).

U guys poaching Dallas sucked on sooo many levels. I mean the Dallas to Dallas, the story writes itself. I like Shultz though, so not sure what they are playing at by not playing him.

Our DBs have sucked for yrs. I like Byron Jones, but he isnt a shutdown guy. Awuzie will have his moments, but the rest are garbage.

I like our front 7, more so when Gregory isnt doing dumb things, but taking Van Der Esch was a biiiiiig mistake. Lee, Smith and DLaw are pieces to work around.

Gonna be a long yr i think.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Agreed about Marinelli, he's got a lot out of not much there at the Cowboys. I was hoping his relationship with Gruden would help coax him away from Dallas and into Oakland. Wasnt to be.

I dont think LVE is going to be a mistake, the guy can play. Really play. And its clear you cant trust Lee, as evidence by the fact he's now out again for a few weeks. You just can put a defence in his hands. Reliability is the most important ability.
Im not as keen on your front 7. I think Lawrence is good, Irving is OK, Gregory has never scared me. Lee is good when healthy but he's never healthy, Jaylon Smith is just graduating to solid NFL player, he has the talent to be a superstar but he may never get there due to that injury, feels like him belonging at this level is a major upset.

Byron Jones was rounding his way into being a pretty great safety, so i was overjoyed when they decided to move him to corner where he's good, but as you say, not a shutdown guy.

But yeah moving ahead of the cowboys to get Goedert was a really good move, not only does it give the eagles a really good versatile weapon but it kept him out of Dallas.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Some more crazy stuff coming out of the NFL.

Piggys Eagles got done by the Titoons in OT.

Phins finally got the spanking they deserve from the Pats.

Jags back in the winners circle. Jets offense never got going. My Darnold love reduces a bit more.

Texans win a shootout vs Colts.

Packers beat the Bills in a shutout.

Buccs get torched by the Bears... whaaaaat?!? Not sure where the Buccs D was. Sooooo many wide open recievers.

Falcons lose another shootout, vs Bengals this time.

Boys get the last score against a fast finishing Lions. Zeke with a 1000 yards from scrimmage. FEED HIM!!!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Eagles got absolutely hosed on some calls today, including a very obvious block in the back on a 4th down conversion for the titans but you know what?
This eagles team is better than that, they were up 2 scores and should never have put themselves in position to get hosed

The protection for Wentz is a major problem. The line last year was great but it’s been very ordinary this year

The positives were that Wentz looked better again, and Ajayi and Jeffery were pretty good too.
The bad news is it would appear the eagles D and OL isn’t what it was last year, so that’s going to be a problem.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I just saw the Eiffert injury. Yuuuuuuk
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

yeah gotta feel for that guy, he cant take a trick at all.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Earl Thomas not having much luck either. Another broken leg. At least they are saying its a clean break, not ligament or tissue damage.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

And that's why guys like him and Lev Bell are holding out. As ive seen from other writers on twitter, you can miss me with any of this "but they signed a contract" **** in professional sports

Clubs do whatever the **** they need to in order to have the best roster they can, up to and including cutting (in the NFL) and moving players on (in the NRL) without a **** care in the world for the players

It's why i was so **** furious when people were getting on Kato Ottio's case for wanting to leave the club with a year left when the Dragons came knocking with a good offer. These guys arent here for that long, they need to maximise their income.

Earl Thomas was right to flip Seattle the bird on his way out on that cart. "**** you, this is exactly why i wanted a new deal" is the right sentiment for him to have

I've always loved Earl Thomas. He was in the draft class i that i was first super into, he was paired up with Eric Berry and everyone loved Berry, i was convinced Thomas was better and was desperate for the eagles to take him... we took Graham instead and i really only ever came to terms with that when Graham made the strip sack on Brady in the SB. I think Earl Thomas is amazing, so much so that i wish Dallas did trade for him, because at least Jerreh would have paid him what he deserved.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: October 2, 2018, 6:38 pm And that's why guys like him and Lev Bell are holding out. As ive seen from other writers on twitter, you can miss me with any of this "but they signed a contract" **** in professional sports

Clubs do whatever the **** they need to in order to have the best roster they can, up to and including cutting (in the NFL) and moving players on (in the NRL) without a **** care in the world for the players

It's why i was so **** furious when people were getting on Kato Ottio's case for wanting to leave the club with a year left when the Dragons came knocking with a good offer. These guys arent here for that long, they need to maximise their income.

Earl Thomas was right to flip Seattle the bird on his way out on that cart. "**** you, this is exactly why i wanted a new deal" is the right sentiment for him to have

I've always loved Earl Thomas. He was in the draft class i that i was first super into, he was paired up with Eric Berry and everyone loved Berry, i was convinced Thomas was better and was desperate for the eagles to take him... we took Graham instead and i really only ever came to terms with that when Graham made the strip sack on Brady in the SB. I think Earl Thomas is amazing, so much so that i wish Dallas did trade for him, because at least Jerreh would have paid him what he deserved.
I wanted him baaaaaad! Our DBs are so so bad. We didnt have the cash to pay him though, nor were we willing to give Seattle a #1 pick.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Brady joins the 500 club
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Matt wrote:Brady joins the 500 club
Surely with a wife like his he joined that club long ago?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Andrew Luck deserves better than this Colts team, just absolutely garbage in every skill position
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

gergreg wrote: October 5, 2018, 7:41 pm
Matt wrote:Brady joins the 500 club
Surely with a wife like his he joined that club long ago?

:roflmao
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Gano from waaaaay downtown.
63 yard bomb to sink the G men.
BOOM
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Bills won again.... ****?!?
Stupid Titoons!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Dak gets another INT coz his WRs cant catch. Faaaaaaaark
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

How sucky is the Falcons D without their 2 MLB's Jones and ... Im having a brain fade... that other guy?!?!? Big Ben torched them. And, Conner is no Lev Bell, but he is filling those shoes pretty well.

Denvers D is sucking this yr too. Whats the deal there?!?! Just and Darnold looks like his status is wavering, he plays like that. WOW.

Bortles 400 yards, BUT... oh dear. 4 picks. 1 awful, 1 tipped (LOOOOOVED the tip drill celebration BTW), 1 floated high, and 1 last play of the game shocker, but write that off. Cheifs look money! Still undefeated, BUT, they have done this a couple of times in recent yrs. Lets wait til Dec.

Lions beat a busted Packers offense. Move on. Looks like its no longer having a Barry. Now its having a Crosby, 1/5 FGs + 0/1 XP... ooph!

A shootout in Cleveland... soccer or union style. All FG's. Tight Div game there. A blocked FG costs Ravens, while a tipped FG in OT gets Browns the 'W'.

Phins vs Bengals was a weird one. Turnovers everywhere.

Booooo.... Little brother won another one. Grrrrr

Ill have to watch the rest later.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Boy this season is not turning out the way i'd hope, the only thing keeping anyone from the NFC E in it is that everyone kind of sucks. Eagles look a husk of their SB selves and that's despite objective really great play from Wentz, OL and skill position players just not making plays on offence and the D is a total mess.

Dallas completely lost too, that offence looked awful. Zeke is great but there is just nothing else. The play calling is pretty gross... The Giants are just flat out awful, though they nearly stole a game today... the skins might be the best team in the division right now.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: October 8, 2018, 5:37 pm Boy this season is not turning out the way i'd hope, the only thing keeping anyone from the NFC E in it is that everyone kind of sucks. Eagles look a husk of their SB selves and that's despite objective really great play from Wentz, OL and skill position players just not making plays on offence and the D is a total mess.

Dallas completely lost too, that offence looked awful. Zeke is great but there is just nothing else. The play calling is pretty gross... The Giants are just flat out awful, though they nearly stole a game today... the skins might be the best team in the division right now.
Yep. We look like trash on offense.
Our front 7 continues to be awesome. We belted Watto all game.
Jaylon Smith was emence today!
Like our WRs, our DBs suck balls. Sooo many chunk plays.

Difference between winning and losing for both our teams this wk....
WRs.
Hopkins for Texans.
Theilan and esp Diggs for Vikings.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Soooo...
Raiders suck, but Big D Rivers continues to sling it. MG3 is a stud, and i reckon Eckler has a bit of LT about him.

Cards and 9ers have players i like, and that are exciting to watch. But a whole lot of trash in between. Id like to see Cowboys adopt a couple of those Juszyck (spelling) screens though.

Seattle gave Rams a run for their money. BUT... how good are the Rams!?!?! Gurley is a sexy beast of a runner. Kupp is that Theilan/ Edelman/ Nelson move the chains guy. Woods gets up field with wheels. Then Suh and Donald set the D and bend the pocket all night.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Drew Brees is now a benchmark.
Congratz to the man.
Closing in on the 500 club too.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

@Pigman,

I dont know enough about College etc to know, but of these coaching options to replace the spuds in Dallas (Linehan/ Garrett), who do you like? Just read an article suggesting options.

CHRIS PETERSEN - WASHINGTON HUSKIES
NICK SABAN - ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE (I know Saban)
LINCOLN RILEY - OKLAHOMA SOONERS
DAVID SHAW - STANFORD CARDINALS (links with our TE Shultz and a run 1st guy)
KRIS RICHARD - DALLAS COWBOYS (duh!)
JOHN HARBAUGH - BALTIMORE RAVENS (I know this one too)
MATT LAFLEUR - TENNESSEE TITANS (dont know anything about this guy)
JIM BOB COOTER - DETROIT LIONS (I know of him, but know little about him)
JOHN DEFILIPPO - MINNESOTA VIKINGS
TODD HALEY - CLEVELAND BROWNS
SEAN PAYTON - NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (LOOOOOOVE!!! Wont happen)
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: October 10, 2018, 3:15 pm @Pigman,

I dont know enough about College etc to know, but of these coaching options to replace the spuds in Dallas (Linehan/ Garrett), who do you like? Just read an article suggesting options.

My thoughts:

Chris Petersen - His record is pretty good and they've built a pretty good program there in Washington, so he's a viable option... wouldn't be in my top 5.
Nick Saban - Forget about it, he's not leaving 'Bama. Not considered.
Lincoln Riley - This is probably the best NFL HC candidate in college, these college guys are a major risk, look at Chip Kelly, for all his success in year 1 and it just didnt work out in the NFL long term. Still he's a really interesting guy, he is the guy people think could be the next McVey sort to come out of college, he'd be my #1 College target
David Shaw - He's been rumoured to go to the NFL for a while... i just struggle to think he's making the jump for this Cowboys team. I dont think thats realistic. Hell of a coach though.
Kris Richard - He's your guy, hire him today. Give him the Gruden deal. :D
John Harbaugh - Looks to me like the Ravens will win enough games to save his job, he's a pretty solid middle of the road NFL coach, so you could do worse if he does come
Matt Lafluer - Probably the best option as far as NFL Coordinators go. He's in the McVey, Shanahan, Naggy sort of mould. He's young, offensively minded, aggressive with his philosophy in the same way those guys and Doug Pederson are. Very creative and a good play caller. Was Shanahan's QB coach when the Falcons went to the SB, worked under McVey last year as OC, and is now the Titans OC. He'd be the best NFL assistant hire a team could make. He's going to be a HC next year.
Jim Bob-Cooter - Did great work with Detroit early but has had an up and down year this year. I think he's a good OC, but i cant really get around him as a HC option. Certainly his work with Stafford will be enticing to try and save Dak.
John DeFlilpo - BIG fan, spewing the Frank Riech - Indy thing played out the way it did because he'd be our OC otherwise. Really good young offensive mind, he's again in that McVey/Nagy/Shanny sort of mould but he's just not as experienced as Lefluer. I think he's going to get a HC gig this year or next.
Todd Haley - Kris Richard on offence. Please sign him for a very big and long term deal. Another 5 years of not worrying about the Cowboys would be nice.
Sean Peyten - Felt destined to happen a few years ago, but the Saints gave him another truck load of money, he's got Brees for at least another year after this, Kamara, Mike Thomas and a really good young OL... he's not leaving that situation for Dallas. He's got a legit chance to win another ring.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: October 11, 2018, 10:49 am
Matt wrote: October 10, 2018, 3:15 pm @Pigman,

My thoughts:

Chris Petersen - His record is pretty good and they've built a pretty good program there in Washington, so he's a viable option... wouldn't be in my top 5.
Nick Saban - Forget about it, he's not leaving 'Bama. Not considered.
Lincoln Riley - This is probably the best NFL HC candidate in college, these college guys are a major risk, look at Chip Kelly, for all his success in year 1 and it just didnt work out in the NFL long term. Still he's a really interesting guy, he is the guy people think could be the next McVey sort to come out of college, he'd be my #1 College target
David Shaw - He's been rumoured to go to the NFL for a while... i just struggle to think he's making the jump for this Cowboys team. I dont think thats realistic. Hell of a coach though.
Kris Richard - He's your guy, hire him today. Give him the Gruden deal. :D
John Harbaugh - Looks to me like the Ravens will win enough games to save his job, he's a pretty solid middle of the road NFL coach, so you could do worse if he does come
Matt Lafluer - Probably the best option as far as NFL Coordinators go. He's in the McVey, Shanahan, Naggy sort of mould. He's young, offensively minded, aggressive with his philosophy in the same way those guys and Doug Pederson are. Very creative and a good play caller. Was Shanahan's QB coach when the Falcons went to the SB, worked under McVey last year as OC, and is now the Titans OC. He'd be the best NFL assistant hire a team could make. He's going to be a HC next year.
Jim Bob-Cooter - Did great work with Detroit early but has had an up and down year this year. I think he's a good OC, but i cant really get around him as a HC option. Certainly his work with Stafford will be enticing to try and save Dak.
John DeFlilpo - BIG fan, spewing the Frank Riech - Indy thing played out the way it did because he'd be our OC otherwise. Really good young offensive mind, he's again in that McVey/Nagy/Shanny sort of mould but he's just not as experienced as Lefluer. I think he's going to get a HC gig this year or next.
Todd Haley - Kris Richard on offence. Please sign him for a very big and long term deal. Another 5 years of not worrying about the Cowboys would be nice.
Sean Peyten - Felt destined to happen a few years ago, but the Saints gave him another truck load of money, he's got Brees for at least another year after this, Kamara, Mike Thomas and a really good young OL... he's not leaving that situation for Dallas. He's got a legit chance to win another ring.
Cheers.
I figured as much about the NFL guys, was more looking at the young brigade. Not that I think Jerry is changing anything anytime soon.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

If you didn’t support/follow an NFL team who would you choose and why? Asking for a friend

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Dusty wrote: October 11, 2018, 4:56 pm If you didn’t support/follow an NFL team who would you choose and why? Asking for a friend

Depends what you are looking for...

Bandwagoners tend to pick the Patriots. Coz with Brady they always win. Steelers and Packers are a couple of teams that tend to be there or thereabouts.

Id say avoid teams like Dolphins, Bills, Jets and Colts, unless you want heartache.

The current good sides are Rams and Chiefs. A lot to like about both, and looks like they could be in for a decent stretch of good years.

Thats a start
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Thanks

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Dusty wrote: October 11, 2018, 4:56 pm If you didn’t support/follow an NFL team who would you choose and why? Asking for a friend

Good question!
I've always felt that the key to picking a team comes down to a few factors:

1. They cant have won the SB recently, so like the last 5-8 years. That rules out my Eagles :( , the Pats, Broncos, Ravens, Seattle, Giants and Packers... just feels like you're on a band wagon

2. For the same reason you cant jump on a team that looks like their on the verge... which sadly IMO, rules out the Rams and Chiefs. Both great teams who look to be on the cusp of title runs. You dont want to be the guy who got on in a championship year.

3. Your team HAS to have a QB that feels safe-ish. The worst possible scenario is you get on some bum franchise who is on the bottom of the league and no real future. In the same criteria is good teams with aging Qbs who about to leave... the quickest way to lose passion is watching a terrible team... to me that rules out the Bills, Bears, Dolphins, Raiders, Pats, Saints, Steelers, and Chargers

so whats left?
I wont touch on everyone, just hit my best 10 or so, but happy to offer thoughts on others... i enjoy this stuff, my process of picking the eagles was actually a kind of cool thing that i really enjoyed

------------------------
Rookie QB Bracket
Cardinals: Young rookie QB Rosen who i think is pretty good, they have David Johnson who is awesome, Patrick Peterson, Chandler Jones on D. They have young pieces who could be cool. Their coaching staff is a mess, but they'll sack these idiots soon and you should get better immediately after.

Browns: Who would have thought, but this team is GOOD. Now is the perfect time to be a Browns fan. The Coach is a god damn idiot but he's not long for this world. They've got a really excellent rookie QB, some exciting skill players and the defence is legit. No one will ever accuse you of band wagon jumping on the Browns

Jets: Probably the least desirable of the lot. But Darnold is, i think, gonna be a really good QB. Jamal Adams is a great player on D, the sort of dude who makes you want to go beyond fantasy football. Might be the heir to the AFC East throne once brady retires? Probably not but it's a big market too so you get the splashy signings.
-----------------
Vet QB Bracket:
Falcons: Matt Ryan is a really good QB, the offence is awesome and the defence when healthy is trending up. Lost a SB a few years ago up 28-3, and typically a tortured franchise in terms of success but they're fun. You'll enjoy being a Falcons fan, even if they dont win the big one.

Cowboys: Big market team, they get plenty of prime time and a **** ton of coverage on all formats. I hate them. But at they are always in the news. Jerry Jones likes to make splashy moves so you always feel like youre on the verge of something, and though you might never be good enough, you'll rarely be absolute awful. Dak Prescott is a flawed QB who isnt particularly talented but Zeke is ridiculous and a better coaching staff could unlock something. They're the Lakers of the NFL though, so there is a little "of course you are" aspect to being a fan of them.

Texans: Watson is one of the most exciting Qbs in the game, Dre Hopkins is cool as ****, and they've got guys like Clowney and Watt who are amazing on the other side of the ball. They're in a bad division so you can realistically hope for some pretty good immediate returns on supporting them.
----
Others:
Panthers: They have Cam, who is... a **** specimen. They lost a SB a few years ago but with Cam on board you can expect they'll always been pretty relevant. And man he's **** fun to watch. Dj Moore is exciting and McCaffery is a fantasy player you can own and love. Luke Kuechley (ill never learn how to spell that) is amazing too.

Vikings: possibly the most tortured franchise in NFL history. Got a hammer dropped in their own building in the NFCCG last year, and then had to watch the Eagles win a SB in their building. That's maybe the 3rd worst thing that happened to this fan base. Their coach is awesome, their Defence is not playing well now but should be amazing, they just signed a GOOD (not great) Qb who has 6-7 years in him, and Theilen, Diggs and Cook are awesome skill players to want to get behind.

Jaguars: QB kind of stinks but it feels like they'll make a move on this front in the next year or so and when they do, this team is gonna be awesome. Lenny Fournette is a great young physical RB, i like their young WRs. And they have the best D in the NFL. Also Jalen Ramsey is a big dick swinging **** boss and i am here for every bit of **** talk he throws out. Dude is the best.

Colts: You get Andrew Luck and a team with a good, creative coach, and a GM who appears (early stages) to be getting players in the draft. I dont feel good about this. Especially given Luck's shoulder history but if he stays healthy and Ballard continues to build this could be a fun team to get behind

----

But honestly... just watch as many games as you can, immerse yourself in the game, and dont rush into anything, take note of the teams you like, take note of the teams you HATE... i took nearly half a season before i settled on a team... if you feel strongly against a team, start focusing on teams they are natural rivals of, and see if one of them wont stick

its a fun process.
NFL is the best sport in the world. Make a good decision
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I'm a NY giants fan but not rusted on by any means. I find Pittsburgh and Green Bay are two good teams to watch. They both play a 'nothing to lose' brand of football. New Orleans is similar.

Shoving it in your face since 2017