From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Vanilla Bear
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Re: NFL Season 2010-11

Post by Vanilla Bear »

Looks like the Titans have picked Moss up :thumbsup

from here we'll either make a strong playoff run, or implode and get better draft picks! win win!
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Vault Boy wrote:Looks like the Titans have picked Moss up :thumbsup

from here we'll either make a strong playoff run, or implode and get better draft picks! win win!

Moss is bad news... but without Kenny Britt the titans need a deep threat. Might work out ok
Fisher is a stern disaplinary

dont expect him to do anything underneith. Go routes and 9 routes are all he'll do, if you call anything else, he's throwing his hands up and going deep anyways... that or just giving up on the play
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Chargers win again!!! Without Floyd, Gates, Nanaee, Jackson, Matthews...if we hadnt fumbled away a couple of games, Rivers would be the MVP favourite

4-5, with Denver twice, and Chiefs, Raiders, 49ers, at home. There's still hope!
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Raiders with a 23-20 win in OT over the Chiefs :thumbsup
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

The Browns made the Pats look ordinary... :nooo

Hopefully lift for the Steelers.. :cmon
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

eagle nation baby

payten and the banged up colts are absolute no match for Super Vick
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Nick wrote:
-GD- wrote:Hey Nick, the Raiders will take Vick. Cheers mate :D
:cool:
1st rounder and conditional 3rd or 2nd in 2012, and he's yours
i retract this statement
Superman stays in Philli, you can have Kolb

Vick, 20/28 - 330 yards, 4 TD's, 80 yards - 2 TD's rushing
The most dominate game from a QB in decades... he opened the game up with an 88 yard BOMB to DeSean Jackson. Man this guy is good... we could be champions with him at thew helm
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Vikings sack Childress but Favre remains untouchable. Looks like one man has become bigger than the team. :thumbsdown
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Northern Raider wrote:Vikings sack Childress but Favre remains untouchable. Looks like one man has become bigger than the team. :thumbsdown
:lol: You act like your surprised

Farve has always been bigger than the team at the Vikings.
He's **** hopeless now anyways... Mike Mayock of the NFLN is a guy i love listening too, he has a great football mind, astute judge of talent but mostly he's level headed and always looks at things in a light of continuous evaluation of the organisation and its roster, he is always measured in his reactions and never over-reacts, he cant find any reason why the vikings shouldn't now be seeing what they've got in Travaris Jackson and its hard to argue against it

Farves streak is more important than evaluation of Jackson as a long term QB. Absurd
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

PrimetimeRaider wrote:Chargers win again!!! Without Floyd, Gates, Nanaee, Jackson, Matthews...if we hadnt fumbled away a couple of games, Rivers would be the MVP favourite

4-5, with Denver twice, and Chiefs, Raiders, 49ers, at home. There's still hope!

5-5 now...not confident about this week @Indianapolis, but hopefully smooth sailing from there. 10-6 is a possibility. Need the Chiefs to lose some though please :D
Danster
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Danster »

Was lucky enough to score some media tickets through the team owner to the Chargers' trial match vs Dallas Cowboys a few months ago to mark my first live NFL match.

Sell out crowd, tailgate parties, military tribute, fireworks, unbelievable facilities (though Qualcomm is a dated stadium). Atmosphere was electric, crowd deafening and the whole experience - EPIC!
Honourable Minister for Immigration and Citizenship
Proudly representing the Croker Electorate since 2007
Winner of the Greenhouse Tipping Comp 2007
Greeneyed Member #6260
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

PrimetimeRaider wrote:
PrimetimeRaider wrote:Chargers win again!!! Without Floyd, Gates, Nanaee, Jackson, Matthews...if we hadnt fumbled away a couple of games, Rivers would be the MVP favourite

5-5 now...not confident about this week @Indianapolis, but hopefully smooth sailing from there. 10-6 is a possibility. Need the Chiefs to lose some though please :D

Dont stress mate, the colts aint what they used to be
the chargers are warming to the task, will be a **** awesome game to watch, im tempted to take a sickie tomorrow as One HD has the Eagles at 8:15 and then the Chargers v Colts at Midday, which would be fantastic viewing all day long.

Chargers by 10.
-GD-
Don Furner

NFL Season 2010-11

Post by -GD- »

The Raiders have to beat Miami tomorrow to have any chance of clinching the division.

Tough run home and this is a must win.
cliffbag
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Jack and Papa

Post by cliffbag »

-GD- wrote:The Raiders have to beat Miami tomorrow to have any chance of clinching the division.

No chance!!! :D
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

-GD- wrote:The Raiders have to beat Miami tomorrow to have any chance of clinching the division.

They'll win tomorrow because Tyler Thigpen is pretty **** useless (unless i've missed something and Henne is good to go), but they wont have any chance in clinching the division, they will get run over by the Chargers...

the big game for the raiders will in fact be the 2nd meeting with the chargers, win there and they might win the division as they'll hold a 2 game lead over the chargers in the divisional record, outside that i dont give them much hope
-GD-
Don Furner

NFL Season 2010-11

Post by -GD- »

Nick wrote:

They'll win tomorrow because Tyler Thigpen is pretty **** useless (unless i've missed something and Henne is good to go), but they wont have any chance in clinching the division, they will get run over by the Chargers...

the big game for the raiders will in fact be the 2nd meeting with the chargers, win there and they might win the division as they'll hold a 2 game lead over the chargers in the divisional record, outside that i dont give them much hope
If we grab 2nd which is possible how does the wild card work?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

There are 6 playoff spots available to each conference. The winner of 4 divisions in each automatically get spot. The 2 highest ranked teams in each conference gain what are called the wildcard spots. Ranking is based primarily on win/loss record then its most wins against your own division then most wins against your own conference. If its still tied then they look at strength of schedule which is the win/loss record of you opponents during the season.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Northern Raider wrote:There are 6 playoff spots available to each conference. The winner of 4 divisions in each automatically get spot. The 2 highest ranked teams in each conference gain what are called the wildcard spots. Ranking is based primarily on win/loss record then its most wins against your own division then most wins against your own conference. If its still tied then they look at strength of schedule which is the win/loss record of you opponents during the season.
Cheers for answering that mate.

Close one in Oakland, Raiders up 14-13 at half time
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Raiders season is as good as done going down 33-17.

Disgraceful performance from what ive read online.
Raiders Lime Milk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Malcolm Norman Meninga

Post by Raiders Lime Milk »

Nick wrote:

If the Chargers can get up over Indianapolis (up by two at halftime) I can see them winning all their remaining games. It's a pretty decent draw from here on in and their record in November/December is exceptional. Philip Rivers is really starting to fire, too. Go Chargers.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Well Henne plays and the raiders begin sucking again. Jacoby Ford however... man that guy is alright, 300+ all purpose yards, not bad for a rookie

Im not the least bit surprised by the Colts v Chargers score line but im completely blown away that in a game that involved 36 charger points, Phillip Rivers didnt throw a single TD. :o

Unfortunately my Eagles lost :(
On the stroke of halftime, down by 1, Vick throws an End zone INT (his first of the season), bears march up the field and put a TD up to make the halftime lead 8 points

14 point turn around in a game we lost by 5. Gutting. :(
Back into a **** fight for control of the NFC East.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

BTW i want it on the record that i think Sam Bradford will be the one of the best QB's in the league when he gets a legit #1 WR and a Rb that isnt banged up like Steven Jackson
the kid is so damn good.
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

CHARGERS!! :D

Looking so good, and that was without Rivers even throwing a touchdown. Imagine if we had got TDs instead of settling for FGs. Peaking at the right time again. Pretty easy schedule to end the year as well. Still need the Chiefs to lose a couple
Raiders Lime Milk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Malcolm Norman Meninga

Post by Raiders Lime Milk »

PrimetimeRaider wrote:CHARGERS!! :D

Looking so good, and that was without Rivers even throwing a touchdown. Imagine if we had got TDs instead of settling for FGs. Peaking at the right time again. Pretty easy schedule to end the year as well. Still need the Chiefs to lose a couple
Well, the Chiefs should lose at least one, when they play the Chargers in San Diego in a fortnight. I can't see the Chargers losing another game before the playoffs. :D
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Right now the Chiefs, Jaguars and Rams are all leading their divisions. Don't think too many people saw that happening.

Phins are hanging in there at 6-5 but its tough when there are two 9-2 teams in your division.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Northern Raider wrote:Right now the Chiefs, Jaguars and Rams are all leading their divisions. Don't think too many people saw that happening.

Phins are hanging in there at 6-5 but its tough when there are two 9-2 teams in your division.

The phins are on a hiding to nothing in that division.
Mean while one of the Niners, Seahawks or Rams will be play off bound
such is life i guess :roflmao
Bard
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: JD

Post by Bard »

if anyone cares, campo is a chargers fan :( had a chat to him today while he was wearing their dirty jersey.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Gus- wrote:if anyone cares, campo is a chargers fan :( had a chat to him today while he was wearing their dirty jersey.
Fair enough, i was just saying to my partner if i wasnt an eagles fan i'd be either a chargers or texans fan. Both good exciting teams with loads of potential.

Going to work early tomorrow, so i can be home by 2:30pm in time for the eagles v texans game, all biased aside, should be a very exciting and high scoring game. Very explosive offenses. If Vick plays well the Texans dont have the defense to contain him, but they are good enough to beat us if their D turns up
Should be a very tight and nervous afternoon for me
but i am **** PUMPED for it!
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

What's going on with Philly they where cruising 17 - 3, I go outside to cut the grass and come back it's Houston 24-20.
Last edited by LP Raider on December 3, 2010, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WorkChoice
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Philly back in front 27 - 24.

Might crack one open and watch the end of this one.
WorkChoice
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Good solid win for philli, lost our way in the 3rd a bit but you gotta understand a team like Houston with Foster and Dre Johnson are going to get theirs in any game. We rode through it and gritted out a very good tough win.
8-5 :D
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Raiders up 7-0 after a few minutes vs the Chargers.

They can call the game off now :P
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Raiders up 14-0, nearly the end of the first quater.
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

The Chargers are ^%^%and%$% useless! I cant believe theyre letting Jason Campbell dominate them. He's average! Too many injuries and crap playcalling. And 2 turnovers already!

Dont even deserve to make the playoffs. What a disappointing season again. How can you dominate the Colts and then let the Raiders dominate you? The sad thing is the Raiders have been **** since their last Chargers win and they'll be **** after this week as well.
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

PrimetimeRaider wrote:The Chargers are ^%^%and%$% useless! I cant believe theyre letting Jason Campbell dominate them. He's average! Too many injuries and crap playcalling. And 2 turnovers already!

Dont even deserve to make the playoffs. What a disappointing season again. How can you dominate the Colts and then let the Raiders dominate you? The sad thing is the Raiders have been **** since their last Chargers win and they'll be **** after this week as well.
21-3 now :thumbsup

I wouldnt say we have been **** since the last Chargers win, we won 3 straight in there and they were some good wins.