NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: NFL Thread

Post by reptar »

That's twice Rudolph has been on the receiving end of strange incidents this year. Remember he got knocked out cold by Earl Thomas? Nothing compared to this, though. That is... something else.

Tough first starting year for him
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I honestly doubted if Mason Rudolph would come back from the Earl Thomas hit.
If i were his father, id want my son to walk away at this point... CTE is a serious matter and that guy had his brains scrabled there, this incident didnt seem to hit the spot mercifully, but two things about Mason Rudolph as a player

1. First and foremost, he actually **** sucks. Like legitimately bad QB right now. 'Duck' Hodges is better and should be playing

2. He stand in the pocket and just takes lick after lick, some Josh Miller ****.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:It was all pretty bad. Kicking a guy on the ground? Hitting a guy with a helmet? Why are we debating what’s “worse”?
Ease up GE. Matt's gone all Billy Walker on us and we're like vultures on a fresh carcass, let us at least feast on the eyeballs and organs.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

gergreg wrote: November 15, 2019, 9:58 pm
greeneyed wrote:It was all pretty bad. Kicking a guy on the ground? Hitting a guy with a helmet? Why are we debating what’s “worse”?
Ease up GE. Matt's gone all Billy Walker on us and we're like vultures on a fresh carcass, let us at least feast on the eyeballs and organs.

I reckon Billy is a Matt alt.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I’m saying it is all bad. Not taking sides.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Northern Raider wrote:

Ooof. The lowest of low blows.

@GE/Matt.

Publicly the Steelers coaching staff would be wringing their hands and expressing disappointment in Pouncey, but behind closed doors they're without a shadow of a doubt backing him - probably paying him some sort of bonus. Those big hoppers primary role is to protect/support their playmaker and that's what he did.
If Andrew Fifita completely laid out George Williams in a severe act of foul play, I would be extremely disappointed if there was absolutely no reaction from Papa or Tapine.

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Botman wrote:I honestly doubted if Mason Rudolph would come back from the Earl Thomas hit.
If i were his father, id want my son to walk away at this point... CTE is a serious matter and that guy had his brains scrabled there, this incident didnt seem to hit the spot mercifully, but two things about Mason Rudolph as a player

1. First and foremost, he actually **** sucks. Like legitimately bad QB right now. 'Duck' Hodges is better and should be playing

2. He stand in the pocket and just takes lick after lick, some Josh Miller ****.
Funny, because he looked good as a replacement against the Seahawks. Although that was before the Hawks remembered that pass rush is a thing.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

gergreg wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

Ooof. The lowest of low blows.

@GE/Matt.

Publicly the Steelers coaching staff would be wringing their hands and expressing disappointment in Pouncey, but behind closed doors they're without a shadow of a doubt backing him - probably paying him some sort of bonus. Those big hoppers primary role is to protect/support their playmaker and that's what he did.
If Andrew Fifita completely laid out George Williams in a severe act of foul play, I would be extremely disappointed if there was absolutely no reaction from Papa or Tapine.

Apparently Pouncey has been suspended without pay for a couple of games. We will never know but surely his club backs him on this with a sneaky reimbursement.

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

NFL punishments:
Brown's 250K
Steelers 250K

All 3 players below are suspended without pay.

Garretts season is over. Must write to the commissioner to be reinstated for next yr. He was fined - amount not posted.

Pouncey gets 3 game suspension plus a fine - amount not posted.

Ogunjobi has 1 game suspension plus a fine - again, amount not posted.

The NFL will look and see if more players need disciplinary action from the incident too.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

@Botman,
Did eagles re-sign Ajayi?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: November 16, 2019, 8:16 pm @Botman,
Did eagles re-sign Ajayi?
They did, I dont really know if it's for the long haul, but certainly this week they need a banger without Jordan Howard.
Might see stick around and see this team transition to a very heavy run team and doing play action... the WR situation is absymal

Re: the NFL's suspensions for the brawl, rare as it is, i think they absolutely nailed it. Wont be stunned to see Ogunjobi get his suspension reduced to 0 games on appeal, but the Garrett and Pouncey suspensions are spot on imo.
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Chargers should take a flier on Colin Kap. Rivers needs to be put out to pasture.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PrimetimeRaider wrote: November 17, 2019, 5:52 am Chargers should take a flier on Colin Kap. Rivers needs to be put out to pasture.
Very harsh.
Rivers was good to start the yr
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Tua Tagovailoa cops a season ending hip injury. Full extent of the injury not yet known. If it has longer term effects then it's a big draft impact with the guy expected to go no1.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: November 17, 2019, 5:06 pm Tua Tagovailoa cops a season ending hip injury. Full extent of the injury not yet known. If it has longer term effects then it's a big draft impact with the guy expected to go no1.
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: November 17, 2019, 5:06 pm Tua Tagovailoa cops a season ending hip injury. Full extent of the injury not yet known. If it has longer term effects then it's a big draft impact with the guy expected to go no1.
A brutal injury, magnified by the fact Nick Saban visibly wanted to pull him out the series before and Tua talked his way into another series... and now we have a dislocated hip, and if reports are to be believed, a facture... not career ending, as long as they avoids avascular necrosis, which is what really ended Bo Jackson's career, he can probably get back on the field..

Is he still going to be a sure fire, top 1-5 draft pick and someone a team bets their jobs on being a franchsie QB? I doubt it.
Devestating.

Lucky he gets paid a ton of money from the NCAA... :rant
This could legitmately be a 500m injury for Tua. Disgusting.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Spoilers below for Week 11 results...

There wasn't a great slate of games in the 1pm time slot, but here it goes...

Ravens destroy the Texans (and the Texans were coming off a bye)
Colts take care of division rivals the Jags (Jags were also coming off a bye)
Falcons embarrass the Panthers in Charlotte (Kyle Allen throws 4 picks)
Saints beat the Bucs in the other NFC South divisional game
Jets have a convincing win over Washington
Josh Allen leads the Bills to a win over the Dolphins with 3 TDs + 1 rushing TD
Vikings come back from 20 point half time deficit to defeat the Broncos
Cowboys hold off a Stafford-less Lions team (Prescott with a nice stat line - 444 yards, 3 TDs)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Our Offense is destroying teams, and Dak will be nearly the leagues leading passer after this week. BUT... the D is soooooooo infuriating!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

That’s now three **** games where Wentz has hit a receiver in the hands with a pass that would tie or give the eagles the lead in the 2minute warning

I love Agholar, he made a lot of plays for this team in its SB run. But he’s gotta go.
It’s a disaster at wr
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: November 18, 2019, 11:08 am That’s now three **** games where Wentz has hit a receiver in the hands with a pass that would tie or give the eagles the lead in the 2minute warning

I love Agholar, he made a lot of plays for this team in its SB run. But he’s gotta go.
It’s a disaster at wr
Definite case of feet for hands
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Watched the TNF game this morning, that was building through out the 2nd half.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Dolphins WR on IR after injuring shoulder celebrating a teammate's touchdown.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

reptar wrote: November 21, 2019, 8:16 am Dolphins WR on IR after injuring shoulder celebrating a teammate's touchdown.
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Matt wrote:
reptar wrote: November 21, 2019, 8:16 am Dolphins WR on IR after injuring shoulder celebrating a teammate's touchdown.
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
It is a bit amusing.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

**** sake
The one time I need the pats to deliver and they’ve got half the offence on the injury report
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: November 24, 2019, 10:01 am **** sake
The one time I need the pats to deliver and they’ve got half the offence on the injury report
I don't care. As long as we win.

LVE is out though.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Ugly conditions at Foxboro. Equally ugly game.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: November 25, 2019, 9:56 am Ugly conditions at Foxboro. Equally ugly game.
Yup and yup.

Cowboys D need a big play right now.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Terrible call against Cowboys for tripping after they got a 1st down. Just about cost them their last chance.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah thats a **** miserable call in a big spot. I dont think Dallas would have won the game either way but you can blow that call
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Cowboys need another 'Miami Miracle'
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: November 25, 2019, 10:26 am Yeah thats a **** miserable call in a big spot. I dont think Dallas would have won the game either way but you can blow that call
:rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant

Wouldnt be a big game in Foxbough without controversy
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

13-9
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: November 25, 2019, 10:31 am
Botman wrote: November 25, 2019, 10:26 am Yeah thats a **** miserable call in a big spot. I dont think Dallas would have won the game either way but you can blow that call
:rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant

Wouldnt be a big game in Foxbough without controversy
Critical call favouring the Pats in a close game. You can almost set your watch by it.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

NFC East. Could we see a team go 8-8 and win the division?