NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Northern Raider »

Tannehill to Titans for a 4th round pick in 2020. Good deal for both sides I reckon. Titans need insurance for Marriota who is injury prone and still to establish himself as a quality NFL QB. With Tannehill they have a back up who is a very capable starter if needed.

Going to be hard to convince anybody Dolphins aren’t tanking in 2019. They’re letting a lot of FAs walk and not signing any major talent. They are without a QB yet weren’t willing to pay starter money for Taylor or Bridgewater. Both are remaining backups at their respective teams. They are stockpiling 2020 draft picks and look like having some $120m in free cap space.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

BREAKING: New York Giants signing WR Golden Tate to four-year deal. (via Ian Rapoport)

Tate replaced OBJ
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Comp pick city.
Lets get it, thanks giants
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: March 16, 2019, 6:09 am Tannehill to Titans for a 4th round pick in 2020. Good deal for both sides I reckon. Titans need insurance for Marriota who is injury prone and still to establish himself as a quality NFL QB. With Tannehill they have a back up who is a very capable starter if needed.

Going to be hard to convince anybody Dolphins aren’t tanking in 2019. They’re letting a lot of FAs walk and not signing any major talent. They are without a QB yet weren’t willing to pay starter money for Taylor or Bridgewater. Both are remaining backups at their respective teams. They are stockpiling 2020 draft picks and look like having some $120m in free cap space.
Yeah i like it, suits both sides agenda in 2019... kind of like what Miami are doing, finally they're committed to just actually not making some bold move and being proper **** and getting Tua. We'll see how that plays out at long last they finally seem like they have a long term plan

They'll be... so **** awful this year. Honestly, it'll be horrific viewing.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Past few seasons the Dolphins have been the only team in the AFC that's posed any sort of threat to the Patriots. With them taking a massive dump on 2019 its virtually handing the division title to the Pats. Jets should be improved but not enough to take top spot.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Looks like Ryan Fitzpatrick is officially the sacrifial lamb at QB for the Dolphins in 2019. That should remove any danger of going 8-8 or 7-9.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: March 18, 2019, 2:55 pm Looks like Ryan Fitzpatrick is officially the sacrifial lamb at QB for the Dolphins in 2019. That should remove any danger of going 8-8 or 7-9.
I am FAR less convinced about that... now granted the Dolphins are going to have almost nothing around him, this aint the TB Bucs of last year...

BUT Fitz is a **** streaky as they come and when he's one, he's legitimately a VERY good QB capable of making any throw and elevating their play... If they are serious about taking David Fales should "win" that competition. Go down on that ship, i honestly think Fitz could get them to 5-6 wins... which might be just enough to put them @ 3, 4 or 5, rather than 1.

Fales stamps them into #1
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Fitzpatrick is very streaky and there's polar opposites between his best and worst. The key is when he was good he had some talent around him. Dolphins had a very questionable O-line last season and have since lost 2 starters without significant replacement. Even on his good days Fitzpatrick may not be able to manufacture enough wins with the team he's in. When he's performed well in the past he's had quality players around him to help bring the Fitz-magic.

He's apparently a very good locker room presence though. A great guy to have on the roster when they draft a rookie QB either this year or next.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

2 time NFL All-Pro DT Haloti Ngata has officially announced his retirement from the NFL. From the top of Mt Kilamanjaro. The pic is awesome.

https://scontent.fsyd4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5D15E3E0
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: March 19, 2019, 8:53 am Fitzpatrick is very streaky and there's polar opposites between his best and worst. The key is when he was good he had some talent around him. Dolphins had a very questionable O-line last season and have since lost 2 starters without significant replacement. Even on his good days Fitzpatrick may not be able to manufacture enough wins with the team he's in. When he's performed well in the past he's had quality players around him to help bring the Fitz-magic.

He's apparently a very good locker room presence though. A great guy to have on the roster when they draft a rookie QB either this year or next.
yeah i alluded to that and i think thats why it's probably fine. But Fitz is crazy, he's going to go out there and make some throws and we'll see which jersey they go to! :lol:
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Cowboys have decided to run with 2 WRs for the slot with dodgy hammies, Austin and now Cobb. Cobb a 1yr 5mill deal.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Can't say im that concerned about this receiving core right now.
Amari is solid but i dont think he's going to have as much fun this year in the NFC E when the Eagles arent running out PS players

No one else, including Witten worry me

I'll be keeping a close eye on this Eric Berry situation.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Clay Matthews to Rams
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: March 20, 2019, 9:31 am Can't say im that concerned about this receiving core right now.
Amari is solid but i dont think he's going to have as much fun this year in the NFC E when the Eagles arent running out PS players

No one else, including Witten worry me

I'll be keeping a close eye on this Eric Berry situation.
I like Berry more than Thomas, which im sure is misguided, but this would be huge
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Berry's a good player, he'd certainly be an upgrade, but he's not better than Thomas, especially not now that injuries have limited him.
Thomas's instincts and speed just allow you to do so much, you watch how good that Balt D becomes next year with him... ive over joyed he's not in the division.

I dont think you can count on Berry for 16 games in a season either.
Thomas's injury was more bad luck (broken leg), Berry has a plethora of soft tissue issues... but if he signed, when healthy he would be a major addition to Dallas for sure.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Here is an old skool Raiders signing, Burfict
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Bortles will be backing up Goff next yr
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Matt wrote:Bortles will be backing up Goff next yr
Jason Mendoza will be heartbroken
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Gronk is hanging up the klets.
Do we assume the body cant go again?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

What a career.
I **** HATE the Pats and it speaks volumes about how likeable Gronk is that im sad about this.
Hell of a player, hands down the best TE i've ever seen and... i mean TO in his day, Megatron at times, Larry Fitz in the play offs, LT anytime... right in that sort of conversation for an every down dominant force. He has had drives... and i've lived one of them, in that SB coming out of the break where Gronk just absolutely owned the Eagles...but he's had so many drives where it was clear, if they wanted to, if they thought his body could hold up, Gronk could own every game he's every played.

Incredible career. First ballot HOFer. Good for him getting out now. He's got nothing left to prove.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: March 25, 2019, 8:35 am Gronk is hanging up the klets.
His body could probably go again the way the Pats have used him in the last few years... That being a high performance vehicle they bring out of the garage only when they need it... But yeah he's been broken down for a long time now. This year it finally started to look like it caught up with him.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: March 25, 2019, 8:00 pm
Matt wrote: March 25, 2019, 8:35 am Gronk is hanging up the klets.
His body could probably go again the way the Pats have used him in the last few years... That being a high performance vehicle they bring out of the garage only when they need it... But yeah he's been broken down for a long time now. This year it finally started to look like it caught up with him.
Pretty much where I was coming from. Still a weapon, but wk to wk needs to be nursed through, so maybe its time.

Best catching TE Ive ever seen. Id put him alongside those same guys you did in the HOF conversation. Maybe add Moss, even if he isnt the physical type.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah Moss was an embarrassing omission
he dictated coverage as much as Moss would

I saw this on twitter today, cant recall who made the point, but you said He's the best catching TE you've seen... he's arguably the best pass catching AND blocking TE of his generation. Hell of an achievement
That dude bounced MF'ers out of the **** club in the run game. Monster.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: March 25, 2019, 8:37 pm Yeah Moss was an embarrassing omission
he dictated coverage as much as Moss would

I saw this on twitter today, cant recall who made the point, but you said He's the best catching TE you've seen... he's arguably the best pass catching AND blocking TE of his generation. Hell of an achievement
That dude bounced MF'ers out of the **** club in the run game. Monster.
Thats part of his game I didnt really notice. Esp is an almost no run team. Brady would rather dink and dunk than run the ball. Changed a bit this yr though.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Jordon Howard --> Philly for a 6th round pick
Howie out here robbing people blind. Great pick up
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: March 29, 2019, 11:41 am Jordon Howard --> Philly for a 6th round pick
A2D Radio - Chicago Bears trading RB #JordanHoward to the Philadelphia Eagles for a 6th-round pick in 2020 that can become a 5th-round pick.

Says it could be a 5th? Why? How?
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

It’s probably based on production / how much the eagles use him

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: March 29, 2019, 11:47 am
PigRickman wrote: March 29, 2019, 11:41 am Jordon Howard --> Philly for a 6th round pick
A2D Radio - Chicago Bears trading RB #JordanHoward to the Philadelphia Eagles for a 6th-round pick in 2020 that can become a 5th-round pick.

As the bone said
Probably some hard to reach incentives... could be 1000yrds/10 touchdowns or he plays 60% of offensive snaps

It’s usually something like that
Either way, a 5th or 6th is fine, the eagles are likely getting a 3rd and two 4th comp picks next year so we can spare a 5th
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: March 29, 2019, 1:46 pm
Matt wrote: March 29, 2019, 11:47 am

As the bone said
Probably some hard to reach incentives... could be 1000yrds/10 touchdowns or he plays 60% of offensive snaps

It’s usually something like that
Either way, a 5th or 6th is fine, the eagles are likely getting a 3rd and two 4th comp picks next year so we can spare a 5th
Esp for a bloke who is worth a 3rd or 4th.
Howie must be very hard to say no to.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

He's a very good GM for sure.
We trade a 6th or 5th... and either if he's no good, we lose nothing... or he nails it, we lose the 5th, he gets signed and we get a comp pick back for him.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I see Val Homles isnt embarrassing himself so far. Unofficial 40 is quick enough.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah that's a great 40 if he's going to make his bones as a RB... it's pretty good for a WR too. Be keen to see his short shuttle and 20 yard drill times to know if he's got the athleticism to win at the slot.

the measurables will probably be OK for him... it's whether he's really about to invest 2-3 years to hone his skills and make a real fist of it and forego the money waiting for him back at the NRL.

I mean look at Jordan Mailata, he's going to get a TON of reps in pre season but ideally he wont play a down a football this year, Peters has one year left, Johnson is locking down the right side and we have Big V as our swing... all things going to plan, he'll go into 2020 as the LT for the eagles but will have had to spend 3 years of his life developing to get to that point
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

This simple tweet just turned up on my feed. Fascinating to watch the RTs and likes roll around like a poker machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:Image

This simple tweet just turned up on my feed. Fascinating to watch the RTs and likes roll around like a poker machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, they're as regular as Kraft's .....

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

I just finished listening to a very interesting podcast from the Lefkoe show... Rand Getlin, a former NFL network reporter, was on there talking about the dynamics of being an NFL reporter and the competition between journalists to break news. He goes in on Ian Rapoport haha

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse