NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Botman »

PrimetimeRaider wrote: April 19, 2019, 7:52 am Who would the Chargers trade up for?
If one of the interior DL fall, say Ed Oliver gets to the middle of the first
That’s someone I think they’d want to move up for
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

PigRickman wrote: April 18, 2019, 10:21 pm My 1.0 Mock

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/LxH6OCkfWi

Ill work on my final in the next few days so BLOCK OUT YOUR CALENDARS because nothing is more important than my idiot mock!
haha

But still i enjoy and if i go through the exercise i should at least put it somewhere haha
Not a bad mock. Like all of them it's 50% guess work and after inevitable trades will be 90% inaccurate. :lol:

the biggest curve ball is you have Murray to Cards at 1 but haven't accounted for Rosen's landing spot. If he drops at Giants that will have a ripple effect right through.

I obviously went straight to your Dolphins pick. Dillard would be a nice option for them but not at 13. If that was the target I'd tip a trade down or 2 and they would still get him. Staying at 13 they could be very interested in Montez Sweat or Ed Oliver. This also assumes they wouldn't jump on Haskins if he fell to them.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Cards have failed in their pre-draft poker face. If they wanted to convince anybody they weren't going for Murray it's been thrown out the window. They just released a 90 sec promo video for the upcoming season featuring a number of players with the notable exception of Josh Rosen. LOL
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Haha, yeah that mock and every mock is going to be set on **** fire when the Jets trade back to **** 32 or something.

I think the Dolphins are going to be very desperate to trade back, they'd love to the Saints offer from last year that GB got, where they move back a bunch of spots and pick up a second first next year... not sure they'll get it but they'll try im sure
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Yeah. I think there will be plenty players Dolphins would be happy with that are likely available anywhere from 18-25 and will gladly give up no 13 for some extra collateral either this year or next. There could also be some players at the top of teams drafting boards that a still available at 13. That will generate some willing trade partners.

Dolphins are on a major rebuild and have needs just about everywhere except secondary. They want more picks rather than higher picks.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Reading up on the value of draft trades and found this interesting. Its gives each draft pick a numerical score based on historical value. In simple terms a team trading up from 25th (6.0) to 10th (8.0) should only be giving up a late 4th or early 5th round pick. Such a trade would normally bring much more, which supports the philosophy that trading down is the best value play.

The key factor of course is that teams trading up are doing so to get a high value target (at least in their opinion). Which is why they will pay well over the statistical market value. At the end of the day its how good the player is in the NFL that determines his true value.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah that's an interesting graph
compare that with the old school Jimmy Johnson trade value chart
http://www.draftcountdown.com/nfl-draft ... lue-chart/

A lot of GM's still use this as their guide and that says 25th to 10th will is a value of 580 points, which equates to an early second.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

A very different scale. The JJ chart is closer to what happens while the other chart is a retrospective analysis. Moral of the story is you get better value bay trading down than trading up.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: April 20, 2019, 4:52 pm A very different scale. The JJ chart is closer to what happens while the other chart is a retrospective analysis. Moral of the story is you get better value bay trading down than trading up.
Everyone works off the same scale - BB, and every GM who keeps fleecing dumb **** :lol:
But yeah for sure, the trading down has generally been the way to go.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Only few more days to the draft so give us your analysis of your team. With a focus on the first round (or two) tell us 1) What you think they will do; 2) what you would like them to do; 3) What you don't want them to do.

My take on the Miami Masters of Mediocrity:

1) What I think they will do: They have a stripped roster so trading down and getting extra picks will make the most sense. I get the feeling the current front office are switched on enough to do exactly that. Its then a matter of finding the right trade deal. If that doesn't happen then I expect them to play it safe with no13 pick and go for their top rated lineman on either side of the ball. What that is depends on who's left on the board.

2) What I'd like them to do: Trade down obviously. Twice if the opportunity presents itself. With their late 1st and multiple day 2 picks I'd like them to fill the trenches. Particularly on the O-line. If they want their franchise QB in 2020 then now is the time to start building the foundation of protection. Any decent QB can look top shelf if given the chance behind a strong O-line. Also creates opportunities on the ground. Its not sexy but it works. On the flip side if they're stuck at 13 and Haskins is on the board I wouldn't be upset if they pulled the trigger on him. He's got the talent to be a franchise QB and it eliminates any of the variables in waiting till 2020.

3) What I don't want them to do: Trade up....for anybody (except maybe Quinnen Williams). You can't rebuild by reducing your draft collateral. No single player is going to fill the multiple areas of need. Assuming no trades I don't want to see them using their top pick on the 'superior athlete' like Rashan Gary, trusting that they can teach him to be productive. It fails more often than it works. Better to focus on guys who are great football players rather than great athletes.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

For the Eagles, i think the roster is set up extremely well, we've got a few holes at LB, we definitely need a RB, could use some depth all over the park but most specifically at OL (who doesnt?), Safety, DL and maybe a speedster WR to take over from DeSean in a year or two...

But the eagles have set themselves up to go BPA. Ideally i think either a trade UP to get one of the Devon's as a LB would be really good, but i dont think either will fall and actually at that point trading back (LIKE EVERYONE) is going to make sense.

What i think they'll do:
Sit tight, and wait for an offer to trade back, i think they'll like what they see in the second round and will feel good about the need positions they can fill, be it DL/OL depth, RB, MLB and S in the second round, the draft is very strong on the day 2 picks of those spots.

What i dont want them to do:
Hard to say, i have a really good trust in Howie. I guess what i dont want them to do is trade up unless it's for one of the LB's, and i dont want them to take some non descript OT who has measurables but cant really play or a player with red flags because we're playing with house money. Get someone who is actually going to contribute, even if i means going a little safer.

What i'd like them to do:
Understand the roster is actually in really good shape and we've had two hellish injury runs that included a SB title. We have the QB, we have a lot of pieces on both sides of the ball, and the needs we have are deep and can be gotten later, so if a true difference maker on O falls, say a Jacobs or a stud WR, or even one of the TEs. Just take em and let Doug figure out how to put them on the park.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

A lot of mocks have the Pheagles taking Josh Jacobs at 25. I reckon thats a good result for you if the cards fall that way.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Cowboys:
1. What i think they'll do: Having locked in DLaw to his payday, having acquired Cobb and Quinn, and brought back HOF Jason Witten back to the fold, and knowing that they are happy with Amari Cooper as their 2019 #1 pick, I actually expect them to sit on their hands on Day 1. Day 2, its a TE or Saftey. Depending on who is left standing by pick 50 whatever.

2. What i'd like them to do: As above. Saftey or TE. Obviously our greatest places of need. I think most of the mock drafts have us taking a saftey.

3. What i dont want them to do: Burn picks doing weird trades. Esp if we decide to come up. If we come up it better be a the closest thing to a guaranteed stud you can get coming out of the draft, and it better be the #1 or #2 Saftey or TE in the draft, nothing lower.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: April 23, 2019, 8:36 am Cowboys:
1. What i think they'll do: Having locked in DLaw to his payday, having acquired Cobb and Quinn, and brought back HOF Jason Witten back to the fold, and knowing that they are happy with Amari Cooper as their 2019 #1 pick, I actually expect them to sit on their hands on Day 1. Day 2, its a TE or Saftey. Depending on who is left standing by pick 50 whatever.

2. What i'd like them to do: As above. Saftey or TE. Obviously our greatest places of need. I think most of the mock drafts have us taking a saftey.

3. What i dont want them to do: Burn picks doing weird trades. Esp if we decide to come up. If we come up it better be a the closest thing to a guaranteed stud you can get coming out of the draft, and it better be the #1 or #2 Saftey or TE in the draft, nothing lower.
Well that aint going to happen as they don't have picks to burn. :lol:
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Panthers
1) What I think they will do
I think the Panthers solidify the O-line and give Newton extra protection by drafting a tackle... Jawaan Taylor will likely be gone, but Jonah Williams or Andre Dillard could be options.

2) What you would like them to do
I want them to take a DE, we need to improve our pass rush desperately. So I'm hoping Montez Sweat or Brian Burns fall to us. I'd be OK with Clelin Ferrell too

3) What you don't want them to do
Trade up and lose picks. We have a lot of holes to fill on this roster, in particular at O-line, DE, Safety, and LB.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: April 23, 2019, 9:20 am
Matt wrote: April 23, 2019, 8:36 am Cowboys:

Well that aint going to happen as they don't have picks to burn. :lol:
As in future picks
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Giants
1) What I think they will do
I think Gettleman goes with Haskins at 6. Only a one year starter, but he put up some impressive numbers in that one season. He'll sit behind Eli for at least a year, learn the play book, and take over when Eli retires. At 17 I think they take the best O-lineman available... someone like a Cody Ford or Dalton Risner.

2) What you would like them to do
I'm happy for them to take Haskins at 6, and then BPA at 17. If Haskins doesn't pan out, I wouldn't mind them trading for Rosen at the right price. If they don't like Rosen or any of the QBs in this draft, I'd like to see them take Jeffery Simmons at 17. Big risk coming off an ACL injury but otherwise a top 10 talent that we can put on ice for a year. Don't need immediate contributors if we're looking to draft a QB in 2020.

3) What you don't want them to do
I really don't want them to take Daniel Jones at 6. #17 maybe, if Haskins and Lock are off the board. I also don't want them to take the bait and trade up to get their QB... I don't think there's a need to... I'll be very surprised if a team trades in front of them to get Haskins.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Giants actions could influence the 1st round more than any other team I reckon.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Definitely.

As an eagles fan what i dont want the Giants to do is trade some second or third for Rosen, and take Simmons with 17 after taking someone like Sweat @ 6. That would be very problematic for me personally

Ideally they take Daniel Jones @ 6, and come back and grab Rashan Gary at 17
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: April 23, 2019, 8:21 am A lot of mocks have the Pheagles taking Josh Jacobs at 25. I reckon thats a good result for you if the cards fall that way.
Yeah i dont mind that at all, we've got Howard, he's a banger and he'll do for a year. Sproles has one year at best in him... but yeah getting Jacobs and rolling with Howard/Jacobs with a healthy mix of Sproles this year before sort of transitioning to a feature back role next year would be nice.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Also i want the Cowboys to trade up big time to get someone like Deionte Thompson
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: April 23, 2019, 6:45 pm Also i want the Cowboys to trade up big time to get someone like Deionte Thompson
Perfect eg of what I dont want
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: April 23, 2019, 7:34 pm
PigRickman wrote: April 23, 2019, 6:45 pm Also i want the Cowboys to trade up big time to get someone like Deionte Thompson
Perfect eg of what I dont want
Oh come on! If you've got to give up a first next year to go and get a high pedigree, 5 star prospect, with name recognition and who cant play with eye discipline and will let Djax loose for long bombs, so be it!

This Cowboys team is in win now!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

PigRickman wrote: April 23, 2019, 6:38 pm Definitely.

As an eagles fan what i dont want the Giants to do is trade some second or third for Rosen, and take Simmons with 17 after taking someone like Sweat @ 6. That would be very problematic for me personally

Ideally they take Daniel Jones @ 6, and come back and grab Rashan Gary at 17
I'd so laugh if Giants did the latter. It would be a master class in how to blow a pair of high draft picks.

Simmons is an intriguing one. Probably goes top 5 before he did his knee. If a team has patience to let him rehab properly he could end up a massive steal.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Reports are Simmons would be the #1 player on the board with a number of teams without the injury.

Just on on Gary, im pumped to see where he lands. He's a 5 star and has all the measurables but i see nothing on tape. Chase Winovich, who will go somewhere in the second is a much better DE imo
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The video of Rashan Gary I've seen shows a strong bull rush but not much finesse. Naturally gifted athlete but not a natural football player. Fantastic prospect of he picks up the finer points of end play. You would risk a 2nd rounder on him for sure. Using your top pick on him? That's way too big an investment.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

My third and final two-round mock:
Cardinals Kyler Murray
49ers Nick Bosa
Jets Quinnen Williams
Raiders Josh Allen
Buccs Devin White
Giants Dwayne Haskins
Jaguars Jonah Williams
Lions T.J. Hockenson
Bills Ed Oliver
Broncos Drew Lock
Bengals Devin Bush
Packers Brian Burns
Dolphins Jawaan Taylor
Falcons Rashan Gary
Redskins Marquise Brown
Panthers Montez Sweat
Giants Andre Dillard
Vikings Cody Ford
Titans D.K. Metcalf
Steelers Rock Ya-Sin
Seahawks Clelin Ferrell
Ravens A.J. Brown
Texans Garrett Bradbury
Raiders Josh Jacobs
Eagles Byron Murphy
Colts Christian Wilkins
Raiders Greedy Williams
Chargers Dexter Lawrence
Seahawks Johnathon Abram
Packers Taylor Rapp
Rams Jeffery Simmons
Patriots Noah Fant
Cardinals K'Neal Harry
Colts Deandre Baker
Raiders Mack Wilson
49ers Trayvon Mullen
Giants Jaylon Ferguson
Jaguars Irv Smith Jr.
Buccs Greg Little
Bills Omani Oruwariye
Broncos Parris Campbell
Bengals Daniel Jones
Lions Riley Ridley
Packers Dalton Risner
Falcons Chris Lindstrom
Redskins Will Grier
Panthers Yodny Cajuste
Dolphins Jachai Polite
Browns Deionte Thompson
Vikings Dre'Mont Jones
Titans Jerry Tillery
Steelers Chase Winovich
Eagles Damien Harris
Texans Nasir Adderley
Texans Julian Love
Patriots T.J Edwards
Eagles David Edwards
Cowboys Gerald Willis
Colts Kelvin Harmon
Chargers Elgton Jenkins
Chiefs Zach Allen
Saints Oshane Ximines
Chiefs David Montgomery
Patriots Isaiah Buggs

Edit - I had Drew Lock and Devin Bush mixed up between Broncos/Bengals. I've updated to reflect Lock to the Broncos
Last edited by the bone on April 26, 2019, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

1. Arizona Cardinals - Kyler Murray, QB
I almost mocked a trade here for the Raiders to come up and get Murray, but i dont want my mock blown up 3 seconds into the **** draft. They'll go all in with Kingsberry and Murray and take whatever they can get for Rosen.

2. San Francisco 49ers - Nick Bosa, DE
This has been locked in on everyone's mock for what seems like a year. He's exactly what they need to pair along side Dee Ford and turn a weakness into an immediate strength. A good fit of need and player.

3. New York Giants via New York Jets - Daniel Jones, QB
This makes me nervous because the Jets and Giants have never traded before, let long a blockbuster. Which is not a weird coincidence, the two ownerships simply dont do business so that's a huge mountain to climb, but the Giants want to get up because if they dont, Washington will and take their QB.

4. Oakland Raiders - Quinnen Williams, DL
Raiders need defensive play makers and maybe the best player in the draft falls into their lap, they take it and run. Major upgrade on the interior DL for a team sorely needing play makers on a long the line. I think they Kyler though, and trading up, or taking him if the Cards pass is absolutely on the cards imo.

5. Tampa Bay Bucs - Devin White, LB
They need a MIKE LB and they get a stud here. White can stuff the run and athletic enough to cover. He's a 3 down stud. They'll anchor the D with White and David and have one of the most athletic and fast LB crews in the league.

6. New York Jets via New York Giants - Ed Oliver, DE/OLB
Perfect situation for the Jets, they trade back, collect some extra picks which helps after the Darnold trade and still get their man here. Allen can flat out get after the QB and the jets need a pass rush like no one else. They'll take him or Josh Allen at #3 if they stay put too.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jawaan Taylor, OT
Jags have a few needs and the TE Hockenson could go here, but they need to keep Foles upright first and foremost and they need to give Lenny F some room to run. They'll try to solidify the OL with this pick.

8. Washington Redskins via Detroit Lions - Dwayne Haskins, QB
Washington move up to get in front of a few potential QB needy teams here in the next few picks to go up and get Dwayne Haskins. Reports are that Dan Synder has taken over the draft room, so something stupid is going to happen.This is it imo. The lions want to move back, it wont take much but they might fleece the skins regardless.

9. Buffalo Bills - Josh Allen, OLB/DE
I think they want to take a OLmen here, but if it plays out like this, it might be impossible to pass up Allen who is an incredible pass rushing talent. I think the Bills just throw the plan out the window because they can't look themselves in the mirror if they pass on Allen for Jonah Williams

10. Denver Broncos - Drew Lock, QB
I think this is classic John Elway pick, i think he loves that big arm tall white QB. If it's not Lock i could see Hockenson or Bush here but i think Elway looooves himself some Drew Lock and he's going to get his man and Smokin Joe Flacco will be out on his **** in 2020.

11. Cincinnati Bengals - Andre Dillard, OT
I dont think they're in the QB market, at least that what i seems like based on reporting, which is a damn shame since i laid some cash on Haskins landing with the Bengals a few days ago. But they'll build the lines up and take IMO a really good pass protecting OT. Dillard would be a good pick for them. He's my #1 rated tackle.

12. Green Bay Packers - TJ Hockenson, TE
For the LOVE of god, can we please give Rodgers and LeFleur a proper TE to work the middle. TJ can block, he can run and he had great hands, he's the best TE prospect i've seen. I think he's going to be dynamic and a massive play maker.

13. Miami Dolphins - Reshan Gary, DE
They'll see a super great athlete who they believe Brian Flores can mould into a versatile and game changing DL, it just might take a year or so, which will suit them JUUUUUST fine. They're not in the QB market, they're in the tanking for Tua market.

14. Atlanta Falcons - Montez Sweat, DE
The Sweat fall stops here, he's falling due to concerns about a heart situation, some will take him off their board entirely, depends on the medical on each team. I think if he passes the Falcons medical, this is his floor of where he falls. The Falcons have a very good roster, not many holes at all but landing an elite pass rusher, after whiffing on Beasley and McKinnley would be major boost for their D.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers via Detroit Lions via Washington Redskins - Devin Bush, LB
It sucks that they have to make this pick because of what happened to Ryan Shazier but the reality is he's likely never going to play football again and if he does he'll be a shadow of his former self and the steelers cant wait for that. They need to replace him and Bush is an excellent replacement. Sideline to sideline speed and a physical presence.

16. Carolina Panthers - Dalton Risner, OT
They've got some problems across the team and they could go DL here, Darryl Williams is on a one year deal and Risner could play RT if he fails at LT but i think they draft him thinking he's their new franchise LT. He's one of my favourites in the draft. I think he's a stud and will be a good LT.

17. New York Giants via Cleveland Browns - Marquise Brown, WR
They lose OBJ and got their QB of the future up the top, and now they get themselves a speedy, take the top off WR who fits today's NFL perfectly. He'll have to wait a year (and then some) to have a QB capable of feeding him but the Giants need an outside receiver and get one here.

18. Minnesota Vikings - Jonah Williams, OG
Great result for the Vikings who want to solidify their OL so they can run the football and give Cousins great poretection. Just take the best OL available and Williams falling to them here is great. He can play anywhere along the line but they'll at least hope he can be their LT... but at worse they kick him into G and call it a day.

19. Tennessee Titans - Noah Fant, TE
Delaine Walker is old, injury prone and washed up. They have a huge decision to make this year on Marcus Mariota, and to help make that decision they need to get him some weapons to know if they want to invest. Fant cant block the wind but he's a fantastic match up receiver. A little early days Jimmy Graham about him.

20. Detroit Lions via Pittsburgh Steelers - Clelin Ferrell, DE
The Lions go back twice and collect more picks and then finally sit still here at 20 and take Ferrell. He's a tremendous player, and they've paid a lot for Trey Flowers, but he's a chess piece sort of DE. Pairing him with Ferrell who rushes the passer with great run discipline and can also get to the QB is a good pairing that will improve this Lions team instantly.

21. Seattle Seahawks - Greedy Williams, CB
It's almost too perfect. A long athletic corner for Seattle who are looking to now to re-create an LOB chip on the shoulder cheap, culture around the QB they just paid record money for. Yeah this is great for them. He fits them perfectly in terms of value, need and athletic profile.

22. Oakland Raiders via Baltimore Ravens - Josh Jacobs, RB
Reports are Gruden is in love, and he's going to go up and get his man, in front of Houston and Philly, and with Baltimore who i think at this stage are more than happy to move back. Gruden gets his feature back. A dude who can run between the tackles, stretch it outside and is a good pass catching back.

23. Houston Texans - Cody Ford, OG
With Jacobs going just before them the Texans take a safe pick in Cody Ford. He's a good guard who will help protect Watson and give their run game a little boost. This might be the best thing that happens to the Texans because i think they'll take Jacobs if he's there. And i dont think he'd do that much behind this line and with this QB who wants to extend plays and throw it deep. He aint no check downs.

24. Oakland Raiders via Chicago Bears - Rock Ya-Sin, CB
Gruden has 3 firsts, he's gonna get his guys and there isnt much Mayock can do, we all know Gruden is the real GM, but i think Mayock will convince Chucky to throw him a bone and let him half one of these firsts, Gruden will see it as a chance to know if he can trust Mike enough to cede some control in the years to come. I bet Mike Mayock LOOOOVES Rock Ya-Sin... physical, plays with technique, he's tough. He'll bang the table for Rock Ya-Sin (also, and i stole this bit from one pod, i cant recall which, with a name like that, he belongs in Vegas)

25. Philadelphia Eagles - Jeffery Simmons, DL
The eagles are patient and they love building through the lines. I think they wouldnt mind having Jacobs, Ya-Sin or Simmons here and with the other two gone, they get Simmons who's a top 3 talent who falls to them at 25. They can come back and fill needs at LB and RB in day two. Not really a need right now, but they'll figure it out and with his injury likely to sideline for 2019 or most of it, and Cox/Jackson, they've got plenty of time to figure it out.

26. Indianapolis Colts - Brian Burns, DE
This is a good team building it the right way, i think the Colts desperately need an edge rusher and Brian Burns could be one of the steals of the draft. I think he's fantastic and i think a lot of teams are sleeping him. If he goes top 10 it wouldnt shock me in the slightest. Colts knock it out of the park here.

27. Baltimore Ravens via Oakland Raiders via Dallas Cowboys - Dexter Lawrence, DL
The Ravens lost a lot of talent this off season on Defence but they'll get some back here with Lawrence, who i think comps nicely to a young Haloti Ngata, the Ravens need someone in the interior to anchor the run defence and Lawrence is a nice fit.

28. Los Angeles Chargers - Chris Lindstrom, OG
The Chargers are another team with not a lot of draft needs, almost gave them Metcalf here but i think it's a little redundant given they have Mike Williams who's a similar sort of player. So lets shore up the OL, upgrade at OG and provide a little extra protection for Phil Rivers in his final years.

29. Seattle Seahawks via Kansas City Chiefs - DK Metcalf, WR
Seattle got the corner, now they go and get someone to catch those deep bombs from Rusty. Baldwin is banged up and on the back end, they dont really have anyone else at these skill positions. And the spark score at this stage is too much to pass up. DK Metcalf to the Hawks

30. Green Bay Packers via New Orleans Saints - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S
Haha Clinton Dix got traded away
I dont think he's as good in coverage as others, but i do think he's a big and physical, who makes plays on the football all the time and is at least competent enough in coverage to match up bigger WRs or TEs... kind of makes him an ideal strong safety to pair with FS Adrian Amos.

31. Los Angeles Rams - Byron Murphy, CB
I could see them going a lot of different ways here, an OT they love to replace Whitworth next year is absolutely on the cards, as could Irv Smith Jr, the TE, or if Fant is available, him too. Interior DL to replace Suh might be on the cards but for me now I'm taking Murphy. The Marcus Peters trade hasn't panned out and they may let him walk, and even without, Talib is no spring chicken. Murphy is a good fit here.

32. New England Patriots - Irv Smith Jr, TE
I think they probably trade out here but who knows with them. They could trade up for someone. It's a wildcard. I heard this week that NE only ever have 75 players on their board, and they move around based on where they feel the value for those guys are. They're a different animal. Irv Smith isnt Hockenson, but he's a willing and effective inline blocker, he's not explosive off the mark but builds speed and can run most routes. I think he's a great fit as Gronk replacement
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Rashan Gary to Dolphins at 13? :o

Seriously you can go **** youself :x
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: April 25, 2019, 10:15 pm Rashan Gary to Dolphins at 13? :o

Haha sorry, i didnt feel good about that... but i think it fits their plan
Athletically he's so **** rare. There is just no way he falls far beyond that... i wanted to try and trade the Dolphins back but i couldnt see a good fit.
I think you want Haskins to fall so the Skins come up to Miami and get him
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

PigRickman wrote: April 25, 2019, 10:21 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 25, 2019, 10:15 pm Rashan Gary to Dolphins at 13? :o

Haha sorry, i didnt feel good about that... but i think it fits their plan
Athletically he's so **** rare. There is just no way he falls far beyond that... i wanted to try and trade the Dolphins back but i couldnt see a good fit.
I think you want Haskins to fall so the Skins come up to Miami and get him
Yeah, it's your other trades that have taken Dolphins options away. If Giants skip a QB with their top pick and Skins don't trade up there will be at least 2 of the top 4 still on the board. That's where Dolphins can take advantage and trade with either.

Other potential trade option is Raiders. They have 24, 27 and 35 which gives them plenty of power to move up. They can leave this draft with some serious talent.
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

Story this morning saying Murray may not be the lock at 1 that everyone thinks he is. Are the professional sports team owners in Arizona taking the same stupid pills

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

thedevilingreen wrote: April 26, 2019, 7:54 am Story this morning saying Murray may not be the lock at 1 that everyone thinks he is. Are the professional sports team owners in Arizona taking the same stupid pills
The science of stupid is very strong with the Cardinals in recent years. I think them taking Murray no1 is good news for the rest of the NFL. Gives all the teams below them a better shot at a top class draft prospect. Add to that they are burning one of the top QB prospects from 2018. Another team is going to steal him in a trade for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

They are putting a lot of stock into the Anthony Milford of this year's draft.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

To put things into perspective if Josh Rosen was in this year's draft he would be the consensus top QB prospect. if next year's class was in this year guys like Murray and Haskins would be 5th or 6th ranked QBs at best.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Oooof, this tyreek hill **** is bad.