There's your game management @Botman.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

PrimetimeRaider wrote: December 3, 2021, 11:14 am
Matt wrote: December 3, 2021, 7:35 am
PrimetimeRaider wrote: December 3, 2021, 5:52 am Another TNF stinker coming up with Taysom Hill getting the start at QB.
Stinker?!?! Why?
Stinker mightve been the wrong word lol but I'm expecting it to be over at halftime in the Cowboys favour. I'd be happy for Hill to prove me wrong and keep it close. A competitive game in the 4th is all I want really. Preferably 33-30 instead of 10-7 :)
6pt lead, but get the ball to start the 2nd. Id say the Cowboys look comfortable, but it's not convincing. Still a bit clunky. Not totally sure why
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Taysom Hill starts running it and making plays. At the same time starts spraying his passes everywhere.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

What is Marcus Williams doing?! hahaha
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Hill showing why he's not a full time QB. 3rd down pass with Micah Parsons in his face and he holds onto it to get sacked. Instead of a FG shot to get within a score they are forced to punt. Ya just gotta throw that ball away.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: December 3, 2021, 1:49 pm Hill showing why he's not a full time QB. 3rd down pass with Micah Parsons in his face and he holds onto it to get sacked. Instead of a FG shot to get within a score they are forced to punt. Ya just gotta throw that ball away.
Yep, just throw it at the feet of the WR in front of you
Just got lucky to get away with a fumble as the hand had just started to come forward

with the obvious caveat that he's forgotten more about football than ill ever know...I remain confused by what Payten sees in Hill as a QB
They probably have a good chance to win this game with Trevor Seimian
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

What a stinker of a performance.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Well...
The score is kinda what I expected, but how I expected it to get there. Its Sean Peyton in the Dome, thats never easy no matter who he's got.

Ill get the excuses out of the way. 3 games in 12 days, and into the mini bye. Thats a lot of football in a short period. Lots of guys are tired and busted. No more than Zeke, who desperately needs a rest, maybe even a game or 2 off. He is out on his feet from the 1st series, dragging his leg around, but Dak is clearly more comfortable with him blocking over Pollard or Clement. Amari barely trained this wk after recovering from COVID and missing the previous 2 games (Get the jab you idiot!). Half the coaching staff was in COVID protocols this wk, incl the head coach (who is dbl vaxxed). Plenty of disruption coming into this game, so to get away with the DUB ill take it.

2 near fumbles in 2 wks. Both overturned by Zebras. I think todays was probably more clear cut than last wk, but geez they are tight.

4 INTs, thats BALL HAWKIN! 15 on the yr for Dallas, has them 3rd in the NFL, with the rest of the round to come. Diggs on cloud 9. Another pick 6 too, and dont we love a big man rumble?!? Yep, its Taysom Hill, but you can only play what is in front of you.

Parsons, sack #10. 5 in 5 wks too, which equals Joey Bosa's rookie record for consecutive wks with a sack. He got another tackle for a loss too, which I believe is 16 on the yr and equal 1st with Nick Bosa (still has to play this wk). Id say Cowboys have 2 DROTY candidates, but Parsons might even be in the overall running. This kid is special!

Dallas run D is still worrisome. Im hoping with Gregory back next wk, and a game under DLaws belt, that things might stiffen up a little, as Parson wont have to rush as often, and we can get Neal off the field.

That offense... **** is going on?!?!? Its still clunky as. We cant run the ball, and that's partially due to teams selling out, partially Zeke's knee, partially our OL not getting push/ creating space. Im glad they kept trying to pound the rock, even if it was getting no where, so that the Saints had to keep selling out, but its ugly ugly stuff ATM. Today should have been slants, screen, short outs, to just move the chains with so many in the box. Then take the odd shot on favorable down and distance or if you see 1 on 1 on the outside. Still no rhythm passing, even if I think Daks getting them lined up just right.

At 8-4 the East is well and truly in their hands. A whole heap of Div games coming up for the entire Div too, so I can see the games being shared around and thus killing each other off. Im glad to be where we are, but Im less confident about us at the moment. For an offense that should be firing on all cyclinders, it needs an overhaul. Sitting in the 4th seed spot isnt ideal either, with 5th likely to be a very good team, so need to find a few extra wins.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Oh...
And...
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Big Ben has apparently told team mates and the Steelers that this yr is likely his last.

Probably 1 too long if he is honest.
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Come on Lions!
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Lions!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

the FIIGGGGGGGGGGGGHTTINNNNNNG DANS!
COME ON!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Sucks to be a Vikings fan today
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Good to see Lions break their duck. So many close losses this season. They finally got on the right side of the scoreboard.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Trevon Diggs last 17 games:

12 interceptions, 22 passes defended, 2 touchdowns.

(No, I don't know yds against, but the above makes up for it I'm sure)
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: December 6, 2021, 5:32 pm Trevon Diggs last 17 games:

Good ball skills for sure. If he can sustain this level of turnovers, then i guess he's the new Ed Reed. My real hope at this point is that Dallas back up a brinx truck and pays him before turnover regression really hit :D
(pssst, i do know the yards against, he also leads the league in that ;) )
Last edited by Botman on December 6, 2021, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Eagles - Jets game thoughts

- Very worrying signs early, the jets and Wilson were moving the ball at will. No idea why the eagles didnt try to heat him up with blitz, but it was fine in the end. They started to dominate up front and the game was over
- The jets have some interesting players. Really like Moore, he's a player... the QB... man i dunno, it's just looking real ugly at times, he probably needs a year like this and maybe next year with better talent around him and he develops himself, he'll take a step

- Eagles offence i've got a lot of thoughts on. When i heard Minshew was playing i was really interested to see it, i've said before im not very high on Hurts long term and i was eager to see what the offence looked like with an NFL QB who is actually able to play within the timing and rythm of the offence, even if it's not a particularly good one like Minshew... the early indicators, and it's only the jets but yeah this offence can play and operate well if the QB can make stand in a pocket and deliver a ball with some sembalence of anticipation.
Would quietly like to see Minshew play the season out, not because i think he's the answer, but just to get a larger sample size on what this team can do with this kind of qb. Dont think ill get that, Hurts will be back under centre after the bye but i'd like to see it.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: December 6, 2021, 7:14 pm

Good ball skills for sure. If he can sustain this level of turnovers, then i guess he's the new Ed Reed. My real hope at this point is that Dallas back up a brinx truck and pays him before turnover regression really hit :D
(pssst, i do know the yards again, he also leads the league in that ;) )
If he gets a pick every 2/3 games for the rest of his career, I don't care. Its worth it
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: December 6, 2021, 7:23 pm

If he gets a pick every 2/3 games for the rest of his career, I don't care. Its worth it
That's what im saying haha
Sure if he's Ed Reed or Deion Sanders, of course no one cares how many yards he gives up. I lived that life with Asante Samuel.

Those guys are rare, and if he's one of those dudes, he's one of those dudes... but im betting he's not.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: December 6, 2021, 7:29 pm
Matt wrote: December 6, 2021, 7:23 pm

That's what im saying haha
Sure if he's Ed Reed or Deion Sanders, of course no one cares how many yards he gives up. I lived that life with Asante Samuel.

Those guys are rare, and if he's one of those dudes, he's one of those dudes... but im betting he's not.
I know it's like hens teeth, but I'm gonna stand on the "huh... typical Pheagles fan" hill. :lol:
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Monday Roundup

- Another good win for Miami, albeit against a pretty ordinary NYG team lead by Glennon. Jalen Waddle is as legit as they come, he and Tua are really starting to develop a nice chemestry. It's getting very hard to imagine how the Phins justify a Watson trade given Tua is starting to now develop into the sort of QB you'd feel pretty good about. RIP Eagles getting a top 5 pick out of that which looked like it could happen 2 months ago.
- Not a lot to say about the Giants, no idea how the eagles didnt beat them last week, they're a bad team that is also pretty banged up. I have to think a very hard reset is coming for them, GM, HC and QB have all gotta go imo. (Though obviously Jones wasnt involved in this fiasco)

- Colts just brutalise bad teams. Jono Taylor has no time for **** fronts who cant stop him. And Wentz has now played enough snaps that the eagles pretty much are assured the 1st. Reich is doing a good of limiting Wentz's mistakes and playing to his strengths. Think they probably feel good about giving up the picks for the QB right now.
- The texans are on a death march. There is nothing to be said about them except to figure out what they get for Watson and what they do with those assets.

-THE FIGHTING DAN CAMPBELLLS! YEES!! I was CERTAIN Goff would blow it, and he did! But then the vikings blew it and he got another chance and by god he delivered. For once in his god forsaken life, he delivered. Very happy for the Lions.
- I want to know what on earth the coverage the Vikings were playing on the game winner... why are 2 players playing deep quarters, trying not to get beat 20 yards out from the endzone?! Congrats fellas, you didnt get beat deep. Vintage vikings loss.

- Cardinals got Murray and Hopkins back, though they barely bothered to use Hopkins. Though they looked pretty rusty and they won comfortably. Think im done doubting them. If Murray is going to keep playing like this and he's healthy, they can beat anyone on their day.
- Da Bears stinks. The is another team on the slow death march to a complete blowing up of the front office and coaching. Really hope they can get some innovative offensive mind to get hre with Fields.

- The bengals performance today was very deflating. It's these kind of performances that stop you really trying to get all the way in. Too many mistakes and didnt adjust quickly enough. Got back into the game and should have done more with it. But again, mistakes.
- The chargers charged big time here, up 24-0 and they blew it...but then they got it together! And Herbert finally got a chance to unleash his cannon a bit. This game was perfect but it should be how the chargers try and move forward offensively.

- The scary thing about the Bucs is i dont even think they're playing that well and they're crusing through things. When the play offs start, you can see Gronk and Brady ramping things up, AB will be back, Godwin, Evans and suddenly 3 down back Lenny Fournette... this a team made for the play offs :x
- Atlanta arent built to hang with good teams and they've got a lot of work to do. Im very curious to see how they approach this off season, and if selling Matt Ryan is an option. There is some good stuff going on schematically here though. They have things to build on.

- The jags are great get right game. If you're struggling for confidence and fluid offensive play calling, go and play the jags and remind yourself of what you're good at and what you should be doing. Ghost ship that needs another off season to get more talent.
- OBJ made a really nice contested catch touchdown today, he's a very important piece to them now. Sony Michel also had a good game for them, not sure that's something id bank on. Stafford still looks very shakey to me.

- WFT got lucky to get away with this game, Taylor Heineke should have thrown the game losing pick 6, but Moehrig couldnt haul it in. WFT end up driving and kicking the game winning FG. They're in a good spot to push for a play off spot now. Will come down to the 2 philly games imo.
- The Raiders have really had a tough year given all this team has been through. This was a tough loss and probably not a game they lose if Darren Waller, Henry Ruggs was playing and Gruden was coaching. Another fascinating team to watch this off season.

- Really stinky loss by the Ravens. You cant be losing this this Big Ben led Steelers team and think you're contending. I agreed with the decision to go for it at the end, and liked the reasons why, the Ravens were flat out of corners, they had a better chance of coverting the 2 pointer than winning the toss and scoring on their first possession. It was a good play, Andrews was open, it was there... Lamar just slightly missed it.
- The steelers keep finding ways to win, which is very strange. Ben was so bad in this game until the final 2 drives when the Ravens had no one left to cover and then he did some Big Ben stuff. It's all just smoke and mirrors though, you respect the competitve nature of the steelers but they're not real.

- You want to talk stinky loses, this one by the Niners,.. yeeesh. And they got a stunning Goerge Kittle game, Mitchell had himself some moments, but without Deebo, Jimmy just couldnt make enough plays to get a win. Niners back in a play off dog fight
- Gerald Everett had one of the worst games i've ever seen. 5 targets and 3 turn overs from them. Goodness me. I dont know how Seattle won this game, nothing about this win made me think this sitaution is salvagable. This is headed towards a Wilson vs Carroll off season showdown imo. I think they'll pick Carroll.

- The cheifs offence continues to struggle. Mahomes continues to struggle a bit too. You can watch them and see it's close, they're only like 15-20% off. I still believe they'll get it together offensively, and if they do, with the defence now playing quite well, they're my SB pick. If they dont sort it out offensively, captain obvious speaking, they cant win the SB
- Fantasy fellas, if you're picking at the back end of the first round next year, dont be scared to go early on Javonte Williams. Especially if the Broncos end up with Rodgers as i expect they might. That dude is a superstar waiting to get in the right offence. Jerry Jeudy's drops are more than a little concerning. Wonder if he'll be involved in a potential trade now they've locked up Sutton and Tim Patrick.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Big MNF game with Pats at Bills. Big implications for AFC East title and potentially flow on effect for wildcard berths. Tipping the Bills to turn up big time and Mac Jones to really struggle due to conditions, opposition, pressure etc.

Bills -6.5 (reckon the win comfortablyby TD+)
Total Points Under 39.5 (windy day, points hard to come by)
Josh Allen 40+ rush yards (expect him to tuck the ball and go a lot)
Devin Singletary 40+ rush yards (mostly 2nd half when they're chewing up the clock)
Devin Singletary any time TD scorer (The only one I'm not confident about)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: December 7, 2021, 10:53 am Big MNF game with Pats at Bills. Big implications for AFC East title and potentially flow on effect for wildcard berths. Tipping the Bills to turn up big time and Mac Jones to really struggle due to conditions, opposition, pressure etc.

Devin Singletary 40+ rush yards (mostly 2nd half when they're chewing up the clock)
This was my 4, expecting conditions to play a massive part.
Singletary 39.5 OVER
Harris 48.5 OVER
Knox 28.5 OVER
Diggs 60.5 UNDER
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: December 7, 2021, 11:35 am
Northern Raider wrote: December 7, 2021, 10:53 am Big MNF game with Pats at Bills. Big implications for AFC East title and potentially flow on effect for wildcard berths. Tipping the Bills to turn up big time and Mac Jones to really struggle due to conditions, opposition, pressure etc.

This was my 4, expecting conditions to play a massive part.
Singletary 39.5 OVER
Harris 48.5 OVER
Knox 28.5 OVER
Diggs 60.5 UNDER
Just got Harris overs on 1 play. :lol:
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

And just like that, Harris covers
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Thats a cruel turnover. Ball bounces up into the helmet
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Im emotionally invested in this game for fantasy
need the NE kicker to keep it under 6.5 points... the conditions are helping tremendously
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: December 7, 2021, 11:53 am Im emotionally invested in this game for fantasy
need the NE kicker to keep it under 6.5 points... the conditions are helping tremendously
They didn't want to kick an extra pt. I think you'll be ok
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: December 7, 2021, 11:54 am
Botman wrote: December 7, 2021, 11:53 am Im emotionally invested in this game for fantasy
They didn't want to kick an extra pt. I think you'll be ok
Ill need the pats to score in the first and 3rd qtrs when they're running into the wind... they'll probably try EP and FGs with the wind at their backs
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

NE playing it smart by exclusively playing a running game. Not asking the rookie QB to cope with conditions, at least in the 1st half. Mac Jones 1/1 for 12 yards so far.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Through 3 quarters an still only 1 pass from Jones. At least he can claim 100% completions.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Patriots win the game with Mac 2/3 and 19 yards

wonder if that's the lowest number of passing yards in a win in modern, if not NFL history

Edit: And it's not, just googled it... the WFT had -3 yards passing in a game back in 1955... but it is the lowest in modern history, 19 yards narrowly beats out a Browns win in 2009 against the Bills in which they had 23 yards

everything else in the top 20 is from 1987 of earlier
Last edited by Botman on December 7, 2021, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Pats win 14-10. Mac Jones 2/3 for 19 yards. Goes in the W column for him as a staring QB. :lol:

Over 200 yards rush yards to the RBs so credit for this one really goes to them, the OL and Offensive Coordinator.

Josh Allen 15/30 for 145 yards and a TD. Not spectacular numbers but in reality there was some incredible work by him in the conditions. He did what he could. The loss is on the defense that couldn't contain the NE running game and put pressure back on the Jones to make plays.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »