From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: December 21, 2020, 10:20 am
the bone wrote: December 21, 2020, 10:02 am Upset of the year! Jets beat the Rams and lose their grip on Trevor Lawrence. Jags fans rejoice
Poor Jets
My goodness.. i guess its Justin Field s for them
Better returns on the #2 guy historically anyway isn't it?!? Could be a blessing in disguise.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Another wk, another bitter sweet victory for the Cowboys. I do like winning, BUT... at what cost?!?

Plenty of turnovers in the past few wks. Still can't defend plays though. DLaw causing havoc too @Botman.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Some interesting results today.
How bad must the Rams feel?!?
Bree's vs Mahomes delivered. PS. Loving the shovel passes to Kelse.
Bears beat Vikings. WOW
Seattle and Phins get there in the end
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

the bone wrote: December 21, 2020, 10:02 am Upset of the year! Jets beat the Rams and lose their grip on Trevor Lawrence. Jags fans rejoice
Poor Jets
I’m not so sure the Jets go QB now. They may go Sewell or Chase and run it back with Darnold. Sewell and Beckton would be quite the tackle pair.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Matt wrote: December 21, 2020, 1:01 pm Some interesting results today.
How bad must the Rams feel?!?
Bree's vs Mahomes delivered. PS. Loving the shovel passes to Kelse.
Bears beat Vikings. WOW
Seattle and Phins get there in the end
Bears beating Vikings isn’t that much of a surprise is it? Like yeah I would’ve tipped the Vikings, but they were both 6-7 heading in, and Trubisky has been going alright since Foles got injured.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

the bone wrote: December 21, 2020, 1:03 pm
Poor Jets
I’m not so sure the Jets go QB now. They may go Sewell or Chase and run it back with Darnold. Sewell and Beckton would be quite the tackle pair.
they absolutely MUST go QB. You cant leave this QB draft with the second overall pick and run it back with Darnold.
Though it would be very on brand for the Jets :lol:
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Botman wrote: December 21, 2020, 1:12 pm
Poor Jets
they absolutely MUST go QB. You cant leave this QB draft with the second overall pick and run it back with Darnold.
Depends if they think Fields or one of the others is actually better than Darnold or worthy of the #2 pick. If not, they need to focus on drafting an all-pro, not reaching for a QB.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Nobody would have picked Jets winning a game. Lawrence now falls into the Jags lap.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Why do the Bags get first pick if both teams have only won a single game? How does the ranking work?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

gergreg wrote: December 21, 2020, 9:34 pm Why do the Bags get first pick if both teams have only won a single game? How does the ranking work?

Strength of schedule. The team with the easier schedule picks first. This is the best website for tracking the draft order: http://www.tankathon.com/nfl
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

the bone wrote: December 21, 2020, 1:56 pm
Poor Jets
Depends if they think Fields or one of the others is actually better than Darnold or worthy of the #2 pick. If not, they need to focus on drafting an all-pro, not reaching for a QB.
Darnold isnt without talent and i think he's got a chance to be a good QB pending on where he lands next, but they've GOT to move on. It's gotta be a new GM, new coach, new Qb... complete clean slate

Fields is absolutely worthy of the #2 pick and a better prospect than Darnold.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: December 22, 2020, 9:50 am

Poor Jets
Darnold isnt without talent and i think he's got a chance to be a good QB pending on where he lands next, but they've GOT to move on. It's gotta be a new GM, new coach, new Qb... complete clean slate

Beneficial for both the Jets and Darnold if he's moved on. If teams are thinking about taking a punt on Darnold they only need to look at how well Ryan Tannehill has gone since he escaped from Adam Gase.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

100% agree
I think he'd be perfect in Pitts... Sit behind Ben for a year, just reset his brain and let their coaches work with him... and then come 2022, he would still be about 25 and ready to maybe be a franchise guy
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: December 22, 2020, 10:48 am 100% agree
I think he'd be perfect in Pitts... Sit behind Ben for a year, just reset his brain and let their coaches work with him... and then come 2022, he would still be about 25 and ready to maybe be a franchise guy
A stack of possible landing points for him. Could move somewhere he's got a legitimate shot at starter too.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Saints would be fun too, i think he'd work well with Sean Peyton... Kyle Shanahan and the Niners could be dynamic with his ability to throw on the move too
Those and Pit would be my top spots for him, but yeah you're right, there is probably 10 different spots that could be fun for him
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: December 22, 2020, 11:35 am Saints would be fun too, i think he'd work well with Sean Peyton... Kyle Shanahan and the Niners could be dynamic with his ability to throw on the move too
Those and Pit would be my top spots for him, but yeah you're right, there is probably 10 different spots that could be fun for him
Having a look over current depth charts and found less than 10 places he realistically wouldn't go to. Even the Bengals is possible with uncertainty around Burrow's recovery time frame.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Wow. Bungals up 17-0 over Steelers in 2nd qtr.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Poor Jets

I doubt they’re firing Joe Douglas. He’s only 2 years into a 6 year contract. He’ll be given more time.
The Fields hype is over-the-top. He’s not a can’t miss prospect. Beats up overmatched Big 10 teams by throwing to wide open receivers behind a strong O-line giving him a clean pocket. Fields struggled in the Big 10 championship against Indiana, so it’ll be interesting to see how he goes against Clemson.
Don’t get me wrong, he’s still a good prospect, just not a drop-everything-and-draft-him-at-2 kinda guy.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: December 22, 2020, 12:27 pm Wow. Bungals up 17-0 over Steelers in 2nd qtr.
Why do I feel like they have lost 3 of the last 4?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

the bone wrote: December 22, 2020, 1:13 pm

I doubt they’re firing Joe Douglas. He’s only 2 years into a 6 year contract. He’ll be given more time.
The Fields hype is over-the-top. He’s not a can’t miss prospect. Beats up overmatched Big 10 teams by throwing to wide open receivers behind a strong O-line giving him a clean pocket. Fields struggled in the Big 10 championship against Indiana, so it’ll be interesting to see how he goes against Clemson.
Don’t get me wrong, he’s still a good prospect, just not a drop-everything-and-draft-him-at-2 kinda guy.

Yeah i forgot it's Joe Douglas, not Maccagnan :lol:
They should keep Joe, he's good, we miss him dearly at the eagles.

Fields isnt a cant miss prospect, i dont think anyone really is. But he's objectively a better prospect than Darnold was coming out, and Darnold is already coming to the point where you'd need to pony up some sizable money if you want to keep him, and nothing about his play has warranted that.

I mean even if you arent huge on Fields, Wilson and Lance are both legit first round prospects too... I just think it's better to have a fresh start for the Jets.

But they really did **** themselves here by gagging away the Trevor pick
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Botman wrote: December 22, 2020, 6:28 pm
the bone wrote: December 22, 2020, 1:13 pm

Yeah i forgot it's Joe Douglas, not Maccagnan :lol:
They should keep Joe, he's good, we miss him dearly at the eagles.

Fields isnt a cant miss prospect, i dont think anyone really is. But he's objectively a better prospect than Darnold was coming out, and Darnold is already coming to the point where you'd need to pony up some sizable money if you want to keep him, and nothing about his play has warranted that.

I mean even if you arent huge on Fields, Wilson and Lance are both legit first round prospects too... I just think it's better to have a fresh start for the Jets.

But they really did **** themselves here by gagging away the Trevor pick
Yeah the biggest argument for moving on from Darnold is the fact his rookie deal is 3 years through already. They could kick the can down the road by drafting a rookie QB and give themselves another 3-4 years before having to fork out a big QB contract. It’s just so hard to get a read on Darnold because they’ve offered no support via their O-line, receivers or coaching. If they were to trade him, I’d love to see him go to the 49ers. I think he could have a lot of success there.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Matt wrote: December 22, 2020, 5:39 pm
Northern Raider wrote: December 22, 2020, 12:27 pm Wow. Bungals up 17-0 over Steelers in 2nd qtr.
I double checked, and it’s actually 3 losses in a row... WFT, Bills and Bengals. Big Ben was atrocious last night.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

the bone wrote: December 23, 2020, 2:23 am
Matt wrote: December 22, 2020, 5:39 pm
I double checked, and it’s actually 3 losses in a row... WFT, Bills and Bengals. Big Ben was atrocious last night.
Ooph!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Anybody have Alvin Kamara in their fantasy squad?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Nope
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Dolphins playoff spot now at risk after a horrible pass interference call. There will be a flag in every play if they want to call that contact. It was worse contact by Agholor on his touchdown catch before that. **** refs. :rant
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Wow. Raiders must have felt guilty. With 19 sec left they blow coverage and allow a long reception plus a face mask penalty to put it in field goal range. Sanders kicks it for a Dolphins win.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Jets win again.... ummm... way to stuff your draft position guys
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

A Panthers and Eagles win would be most excellent for the Giants.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Incredibly the Eagles go into week 16 in last place at 4-9-1 and still have a shot at the division title.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: December 28, 2020, 8:37 am Incredibly the Eagles go into week 16 in last place at 4-9-1 and still have a shot at the division title.
Not any more.
Bitter-sweet win for my Cowboys.
We might go from the 5th pick to the 25th pick in the space of a month... bummer!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: December 28, 2020, 12:22 pm
Northern Raider wrote: December 28, 2020, 8:37 am Incredibly the Eagles go into week 16 in last place at 4-9-1 and still have a shot at the division title.
Not any more.
Bitter-sweet win for my Cowboys.
We might go from the 5th pick to the 25th pick in the space of a month... bummer!
Eagles are now 5th. From playoff chance to a top 5 pick in 1 game. :lol:
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Perfect result today... hey dallas, got and win the division if you dont mind!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: December 28, 2020, 12:33 pm Perfect result today... hey dallas, got and win the division if you dont mind!
Your Pheagles have to beat the WFT for that to happen.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Meanwhile over in the AFC there's 5 teams at 10-5 going for 4 playoff spots. Potential that all win next weekend a team misses out going 11-5.