NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

Washington Redskins plan to sign safety Landon Collins to a 6-year, $84M deal with $45M guaranteed. (via Ian Rapoport)

WOW!
6yrs
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Detroit Lions plan to sign WR Danny Amendola to one-year deal worth up to $5.75M. (via Ian Rapoport)

Stafford gets an outlet
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: March 12, 2019, 9:07 am Washington Redskins plan to sign safety Landon Collins to a 6-year, $84M deal with $45M guaranteed. (via Ian Rapoport)

WOW!
6yrs
Some VERY dumb money being handed out today, none more stupid than making Trent Brown the highest paid LT in the league.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: March 12, 2019, 9:42 am
Matt wrote: March 12, 2019, 9:07 am Washington Redskins plan to sign safety Landon Collins to a 6-year, $84M deal with $45M guaranteed. (via Ian Rapoport)

WOW!
6yrs
Some VERY dumb money being handed out today, none more stupid than making Trent Brown the highest paid LT in the league.
Indeed
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Terrell Suggs is the continuing his career with the Arizona Cardinals!

WHAT IS GOING ON AT BALTIMORE?!?!?
1st Flacco, now Suggs
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I wont touch on every signing but i'll give some thoughts on the name players and big money deals

Ja'Waun James RT - Broncos, 4 yrs, 52m
Not a bad deal imo, i think James is a really good RT. He's slightly overpaid, but that's what happens for the most part in free agency. The Broncos need an OT and they've got one who you dont have to think about now. I dont mind this

Jamarcus Joyner S - Raiders, 4 yrs, 42m
Rams fans are killing Joyner but they loved him a year ago. I think he's a solid player, he'll help improve the Raiders. But again the price is a bit much he's a solid NFL safety being paid like a stud.

Mitch Morse C - Bills 4 yrs, 44m
Not much to say here, i think it's a bit like James above. This is a good NFL center who you can plug and play and forget about it. Not elite and wont live up to 10m per year, but for a team with cap space thats fine.

Kareem Jackson CB - Broncos, 3yrs, 33m
Not wild about this, they needed some corner help given Roby is walking out the door, but he started out strongly and faded, i think he's physical at the point of attack but his coverage is not ideal.

Buster Skrine Slot - Bears, 3yrs, 16.5m
The only saving grace here is the price isnt prohibitive. Skrine can move and looks great in space, but he's a horror show technique, flags on flags. As a slot guy, he just isnt disciplined. They downgraded at slot corner.

Tyrann Mathieu S - Cheifs, 3 yrs, 42m
LOVE this move, they needed defensive play makers and they got one. I think the deal is great. Honey badger comes with a bit of risk, particularly around injuries. So the 3 years protects them, and ideally, they've got a swiss army knife to deploy.

Adam Humpries WR - Titoooons, 4 yrs, 36m
This move is getting a lot of love from media... me im not sold. I do think the Titans need a slot guy but i dunno, ive never seen Humpries as anything but a dude who produces when he's overly targeted. Luke warmn on this.

Big Dick Nick Foles QB - Jaguars, 4yrs, 88m
Love Nick. Love him. What a player. What a guy. I think this will end up being a regret. Nick Foles can be a franchise QB, he's better than about 10 starters right now, and he's an upgrade but that offence will need to cater itself to him. I hope this works out.

Trey Flowers DE - Lions, 5yrs, 82m
I like Flowers, he's still young and has a chance to keep improving, but i would NEVER pay any player out of the pats system this kind of dollars, they just NEVER work out. This feels like it could be bad. But everyone else seems high on it.

Landon Collins S - Redskins, 6yrs, 84m
Holy ****, that's a STRONG deal... i dont like this one bit. I can see value in Collins, he can do a lot of things really well, but coverage is average and this is a passing league. He's a new age Kam Chancellor and i dont know what value that role has.

Kwon Alexander LB - Niners, 4 yrs, 54m
This would be the worst deal i've seen in some time if not for one later, but Kwon Alexander just got made the highest paid LB in the league and i dont think he's a top... i dunno, 30-40 LB. This is horrific. Not sure John Lynch knows what he's doing.

Trent Brown OT - Raiders, 4 yrs, 66m
JESUS CHRIST, i'll be STUNNED if this ends well. This was a dude who was a decent RT, traded to NE, they didnt think he could play LT, injuries FORCED him there, when there he was ranked 32nd best LT in the league by PFF, and because Tom Brady gets rid of the ball before anyone can get home he gets made the highest paid OL in the league... he moves from Donte Scarnecchia, the Pats legendary OL coach, who has a case to be made for being the best position coach OF ALL TIME, and moving to Tom Cable who i think is the worst OL coach in the league. This is going to be a proper, old school **** show.

Malik Jackson DT - Eagles, 3 yrs, 30m
I like this, it's a bit more than id like to pay, but this is an interior pass rusher who can win inside regularly with one on one match ups, and with Fletch next to him, he'll get those one on ones. Not a great year last year, the gamble is he'll be better in a scheme that better fits him. This could go either way, but it's the sort of gamble i like to take.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Im low key hammered right now and im not sure im seeing straight... so i wont offer much... but my twitter TL is telling me CJ Mosley is being paid like an elite pass rusher to be an off the ball LB.
Ill get back to you tomorrow when the booze has worn off and im not seeing 5/85m
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

I’m pleasantly surprised with the Panthers only free agency move - C Matt Paradis for 3/27M

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Brown and Beasley are off to the Bills too.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

New Orleans Saints expected to re-sign QB Teddy Bridgewater. (via Jane Slater)

New Orleans Saints signing former Vikings RB Latavius Murray. (via Tom Pelissero)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

The New York Giants are signing safety Antoine Bethea to a two-year deal.

(via Reggie Wayne)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Frank Gore will play his 15th NFL season with the Buffalo Bills!

Buffalo Bills signing RB Frank Gore to one-year, $2M deal (via Ian Rapoport + Mike Garafolo)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

BREAKING: New York Jets expected to sign former Minnesota Vikings LB Anthony Barr. (via Ian Rapoport)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Green Bay Packers expected to sign safety Adrian Amos. (via Ian Rapoport)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Houston Texans signing former Denver Broncos CB Bradley Roby to one-year, $10 million deal. (via James Palmer)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Green Bay Packers expected to sign LB Za'Darius Smith (via Ian Rapoport)

Ravers are having a fire sale. FAR OUT!
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Barr backed out of the Jets deal and is staying with the Vikings

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

BREAKING: The Cleveland Browns are TRADING for Odell Beckham Jr. (via Mike Garafolo)

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?

Mayfield is goona have some targets in Landry and OBJ. They are going all out for a title run.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Matt wrote: March 13, 2019, 10:13 am BREAKING: The Cleveland Browns are TRADING for Odell Beckham Jr. (via Mike Garafolo)

Mayfield is goona have some targets in Landry and OBJ. They are going all out for a title run.
For a 1st and 3rd round pick!!!
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: March 13, 2019, 10:24 am
Matt wrote: March 13, 2019, 10:13 am BREAKING: The Cleveland Browns are TRADING for Odell Beckham Jr. (via Mike Garafolo)

Not sure he is worth that, but Giants getting good compensation there.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Just ridiculous stuff
I love this Gettleman giants era. It's the **** best!!!

Also not sure what drugs matt is on, but a #17, 3rd and Jabril Peppers is NOT even close to good compensation for a 26 y/o superstar on a HOF trajectory
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

Matt wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: March 13, 2019, 10:24 am

Not sure he is worth that, but Giants getting good compensation there.
Compared to what the Steelers got for Brown the giants scored big

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

I'm just astounded Giants would get rid of him
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

thedevilingreen wrote: March 13, 2019, 11:22 am Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Brown is 31 in July, and was acting out on a near daily basis trying to get cut or traded.

OBJ is 26 in the prime of his career and aside from some minor grumblings which im sure are directly related to them forging ahead with Eli Manning, who stinks. Was not really pushing a trade.
The giants took a 16m dead cap hit, lost their best and most dynamic player to get an interesting but not great DB, a 3rd and 17 overall. That's horrific.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

PigRickman wrote:
thedevilingreen wrote: March 13, 2019, 11:22 am Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Brown is 31 in July, and was acting out on a near daily basis trying to get cut or traded.

OBJ is 26 in the prime of his career and aside from some minor grumblings which im sure are directly related to them forging ahead with Eli Manning, who stinks. Was not really pushing a trade.
The giants took a 16m dead cap hit, lost their best and most dynamic player to get an interesting but not great DB, a 3rd and 17 overall. That's horrific.
OBJ has been a great player for the Giants but games last year he was not putting in, and was toxic for the locker room. Like you say though they have, again, backed Eli when he should really have retired a year or 3 back.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Gettleman has lost the **** plot. A 2020 first rounder on top of that and maybe you’ve got a fair deal... a whole lot of dead cap space as well. This makes me think the Giants aren’t excited by this year’s QB class and want to wait to draft in 2020

thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

PigRickman wrote:

Don't get me wrong it's a horrible deal but it also one that reeks of desperation. The patriots were starting to circle OBJ and I think the giants jumped before they were pushed. But my god if the browns didn't just become a contender they are not far off

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

They're going to be right there with any team below KC and the Pats for the AFC. Really strong team
If they get Earl Thomas, and that's the indication right now...

They'll have Baker throwing to OBJ, Chubb and Hunt in the backfield, Myles Garrett and Oliver Vernon coming off the edge, Richardson in the middle of that DL, a couple of good young instinctive LB's, Kirskey in particular, Denzal Ward and Earl Thomas in the back end
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

PigRickman wrote: March 13, 2019, 1:08 pm They're going to be right there with any team below KC and the Pats for the AFC. Really strong team

They'll have Baker throwing to OBJ, Chubb and Hunt in the backfield, Myles Garrett and Oliver Vernon coming off the edge, Richardson in the middle of that DL, a couple of good young instinctive LB's, Kirskey in particular, Denzal Ward and Earl Thomas in the back end
Landry too. He's been a gnat's whisker off 4 consecutive 1000 yard seasons.

Their offensive tools could be up there with best in the league in the near future.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

C'mon it's the Browns. They'll find a way to mess it up.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Dolphins have not brought in any high priced free agents yet. They were in the market for Trey Flowers but not interested in the type of money Detroit offered. After that they still let Cam Wake go to the Titans, although it was expected they were parting ways.

Ja'Wuan James is another his priced FA gone. They didn't offer Bridgwater enough to enitce him out of a back up role at Saints so can only assume they offered back up money. Lookingat Tyrod Taylor now and will probably take a similar approach.

All their moves still point to tanking 2019. On top of that the lack of FA activity might see them pick up some compensatory draft picks. That will give them more ammo for trades at next year's draft.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: March 13, 2019, 1:08 pm They're going to be right there with any team below KC and the Pats for the AFC. Really strong team

Dont forget Landry and Njoku in that. Their offense is banging!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gergreg wrote: March 13, 2019, 1:33 pm C'mon it's the Browns. They'll find a way to mess it up.
Harsh but fair :lol:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Hold the phone on Bridgewater!

Apparently he has NOT re-signed as backup for Brees. He's currently in Miami where they might be adding some sugar to their offer. Reports are another $1m on the contract will be enough to nab him, which is more than Saints can commit to their back up.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: March 14, 2019, 8:53 am Hold the phone on Bridgewater!

Apparently he has NOT re-signed as backup for Brees. He's currently in Miami where they might be adding some sugar to their offer. Reports are another $1m on the contract will be enough to nab him, which is more than Saints can commit to their back up.
:thumbsup