From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

@pigman,
Is this the eval you were talking about? If so, your pretty bang on, at least for the ones I recognize (maybe 22-25 of the 32).
Pigman wrote: April 27, 2018, 3:55 pm Quick thoughts:

1. CLE - Mayfeild: Im not going to kill them for this. It's not who i'd have picked, but they need a QB and they didnt get cute, just took the best guy on their board. We'll find out if they mis-evaluated the position again. But i dont mind this.

2. NYG - Barkley: Love this as an eagles fan. He's good. He's really good but a RB can only get what their line gives them and that line is trash. Also they passed up on a franchise QB when Eli is 37 and ****. Perfect. Keep doing what you do, Giants.

3. NYJ - Darnold: Not in their wildest dreams would you think they'd get him at 3. Fantastic result. QB's are hit and miss and i could easily be wrong, but that's the guy i'd want to bet my job on.

4. CLE - Ward: Now this is where they screwed up. If Ward is your guy, trade back, take the best offer and move back, even if the best offer is below what you expected. You could get Ward later, but also CHUBB IS ON THE **** BOARD YOU NINCOMPOOPS. **** hell. Darnold-Chubb was right there for them, instead they have the 1st and 4th pick and wind up with 2 players who might not be in the top 10, talent wise, of most big boards.

5. DEN - Chubb: LOVE this. Pair Chubb with Von and just get after it. Defence can take you a long way in this league.

6. IND - Nelson: A little bit of a surprise but i like it. They need an aggressive identity on that line to open holes and keep Luck healthy. A strong pick here. This guy could legit be a HOF guard.

7. BUF - Allen: Surely the Bills offered this pick to CLE, and if they did and CLE didnt take it, more fool them. FWIW i think there is a very good chance Allen is a bust. I dont like him as a prospect. But they do and they got up and got their man whilst holding on to their 2nd first round pick. Well done Bills.

8. CHI - Smith: I ADORE this pick, one of my favourites in the draft. CHI is a defence first team and this guy Roquon Smith is right out of the Ulracher/Singletary school. He's a monster and will be awesome.

9. SF - McGlinchey: I like this pick even if i think it's a bit early. He was my #1 tackle and keeping Jimmy G upright is going to be their main goal. Not a home run but a solid double.

10. ARI - Rosen: If were not a fan of a team already, this sort of move might convince me to be a Cards fan. Best move of the night. Go and get a franchise QB who is pro ready, and now has a chip on his shoulder. Rosen and DJ is a fantastic building block.

11. MIA - Fitzpatrick: Another solid double. He'll be an excellent pro and really give that team a boost on defence. I dont think he's got much chance to bust.

12. TB - Vea: Eh not sure about this one. Like the player, not sure about the fit but they do need to be better on Defence. That DL is now pretty good and that was a major flaw for the Bucs in 2018.

13. WAS - Payne: Im not that big on Payne, he's got talent for sure and maybe he'll be awesome but i was pleased to see them take him over others on the board at the time.

14. NO - Davenport: Ooooof. Well start with the player, he's good and i think he'll be a good NFL player and fits the Saints needs. But they gave up next year's first to get him. That's a HEAVY price to pay given the costs of other draft day deals. They over paid for a NOT Qb. I dont like that one bit.

15. OAK - Miller: I dont much like Miller. He's got a lot of ability but his footwork is sub optimal and i dont think he's going to be a very good NFL LT, might end up at RT long term. Not a fan of this pick.

16. BUF - Edwards: Moving up to get a stud. Really good stuff for the Bills. Not sure they'll be good next year but if they hit on Allen and Edwards is good, they've got two young foundation pieces. I really like Edwards and the fit here

17. LAC - James: This is probably my favourite pick of the draft. James falling here is incredible and the Chargers got themselves one of the best 7-8 players in the draft. He's going to make a very good chargers D even better.

18. GB - Alexander: Love the move to go down the board, collect an extra first round pick for next year and then come back up for position of need who can play all 4 downs given return ability. James would have been a better pick but id rather Alexander and a first, over James.

19. DAL - Vander Esch: Ill get this out of the way first, i love the player. Think he's an out and out stud, he'll be awesome at the next level. For Dallas? They play a lot of sub packages where there is only 2 LBS on the field. Lee is one, he's the other i guess, but they also have Jaylon Smith who looked like he could be something. Granted Lee is 32 and always hurt but i think they should have gone elsewhere. Cant dispute they got an awesome player though.

20. DET - Ragnow: Eh, good pick, not likely to bust. But i cant get that excited by it. It'll help their team though. So i guess thats the important thing.

21. CIN - Price: As above, good solid pick, position of need and will improve their team, but i dont have a lot to say about solid interior OL draftees.

22. TEN - Evans: Yeah this is gooood pick. They need someone who can go sideline to sideline and really give the defence a bit of attitude. Evans is a good 3 down LB. He's going to be really good there.

23. NE - Wynn: Interesting they announced him as a Tackle, not Guard. So they see him as Solder's replacement? He's a good solid OLer but i worry if that's who you peg as your franchise LT protecting a 40 year old Tom Brady.

24. CAR - Moore: This pick made me so happy, i won a bit of money on it but also he's a guy who steve smith called "my spirit animal". The Panthers get the new Steve Smith to replace the old steve smith who they have struggled to replace.

25. BAL - Hurst: Yeah this is a good pick at a need position. Flacco needs TE's to be successful and Hurst is a guy who is willing to block in the run game and a natural pass catcher. He's old though and you probably only get 1 contract out of him which is why i expected him to fall.

26. ATL - Ridley: I dont like Ridley as a #1 WR, but i love him as a #2 opposite Julio. This is a great pick, he goes to a really good offence, with a QB who excels with timing passing patterns, opposite Julio. Could not be a more perfect spot for Ridley. He'll be one of the league's best #2 Wrs here.

27. SEA - Penny: Head scratcher. I know some teams liked him a lot but i cant fathom how you can watch the tape and have him higher on your board than Michel or Guice. Still they need a between the tackles banger and they've got one now. I think they should have moved back if that was their guy.

28. PIT - Edwards: Pretty cool to see two brothers get drafted in the same round 1. I dont think it should have happened though, this was a reach. I think they wanted the Shazier replacement, which would have been so cruel given he announced the pick, but i dont think the value was there for Edwards

29. JAC - Bryan: In awe of the size of this lad. Absolute unit. But seriously this is a good pick that will allow them to move on from Darus and clear a heap of cap room. Good value and roster management.

30. MIN - Hughes: This pick is scary for other NFL teams. This defence was already stacked all over the park and just added an insanely good press cover cover. Very physical, will fit in nicely with the Vikes D. A great D just got better.

31. NE - Michel: Strange pick, i do think it was a need and he's a mismatch sort of Kamara guy that i think the Patriots are going to get a lot out of, but it feels like BB finds those guys later and there was other guys on the board who might have filled more pressing holes. I thought this was Jackson territory.

32. BAL - Jackson: Knew the eagles would trade out for a team coming up for Lamar once the Pats passed. Im good with the deal, an extra 2nd next year which could be pretty high. Still plenty of players on the board for us that i like, Guice might fall in our lap on day 2. For the Ravens, this is excellent, they should release Joe Flacco today with thanks for the ring and go full steam ahead into the Lamar era.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I got Ward wrong in spirit, he's a legit corner. Michel turning out to be way more of a hard nose physical runner than the pass happy match up nightmare i thought he'd be. So that's a loser too.
Bryan isn't very good, so that's probably looking like a bad pick.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Titoons vs Texans - Well, the Titoons do it again. The look great, only to suck, and suck hard. They managed both in this game. Texans keep on rollin'. Miller had a 97 yd carry for a TD and Thomas finally got one at his new club. Look out, the Texans might even be good.
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

The guy that's gonna finish #1 or #2 in the Heisman Trophy voting (Kyler Murray) is gonna leave the sport after this season for baseball cause he was the #9 overall pick in the MLB Draft. That's some crazy talent he's got there!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PrimetimeRaider wrote: November 28, 2018, 3:38 pm The guy that's gonna finish #1 or #2 in the Heisman Trophy voting (Kyler Murray) is gonna leave the sport after this season for baseball cause he was the #9 overall pick in the MLB Draft. That's some crazy talent he's got there!
:woot:
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Well...
Brees? Nah still as in a dome.
Karama! Bless you.

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Bah, this NFL season sucks. Haha
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Bah, this NFL season sucks. Haha
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

I only watched the last quarter, but man the officiating was so bad. It was replacement ref bad.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Come off it.

Our D just shutdown the best offense in football.

1st time in Brees career he started a game 0/4.

They had 16yds of offense in the 1st quarter.

Its been 71 games since Saints have been shutout in the 1st half.

Big D brought the pain. DLaw said we were going to play smash mouth D, and we were all over them for 4 quarters.

The only TD they scored was after a field flipping roughing the kicker penalty.

And yes... im gonna ride this one for a while. :thumbsup
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

He's right though... by all means ride it, you should. It was a great defensive performance. That officiating was absolutely beyond reproach

This got ruled a first down, haha
And i dont think it was one of the worst 5-6 calls in the game.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

And not one way either, btw... the cowboys got some terrible calls against them too. They deserved to win and did.
Just awful stuff all around from the zebras though, the three worst calls of the night were an offside on the cowboys, the PI that ultimately ended the game and an insane no call on a helmet to helmet on Kamara. The one above is somewhere in the 4-7 range
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

The officiating was bad on both sides, where did I make it the reason the Saints lost? Most good teams have at least one stinker per season anyway so Saints fans/Cowboys haters shouldnt be worried. Most fans penciled them in to win the division once Alex Smith went down anyway.

I like when the Cowboys are semi decent. They are a unique type of fan and their eventual elimination in the playoffs is always satisfying. They basically have a Patriots level of hate due to their fanbase, but the only difference is they have no recent success to fall back on like the Patriots do.

Of course now that I've said that, theyll beat the Saints or Rams in the divisional round, so you're welcome :P
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/stat ... 03265019=1

Im still gonna ride it.

Saints couldnt move the ball, officials or not.

Live that Beasley one looked ok. I mean the guy does it every wk. But on replay, they got it wrong.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PrimetimeRaider wrote: December 1, 2018, 3:19 am The officiating was bad on both sides, where did I make it the reason the Saints lost? Most good teams have at least one stinker per season anyway so Saints fans/Cowboys haters shouldnt be worried. Most fans penciled them in to win the division once Alex Smith went down anyway.

I like when the Cowboys are semi decent. They are a unique type of fan and their eventual elimination in the playoffs is always satisfying. They basically have a Patriots level of hate due to their fanbase, but the only difference is they have no recent success to fall back on like the Patriots do.

Of course now that I've said that, theyll beat the Saints or Rams in the divisional round, so you're welcome :P
Cheers
:thumbsup
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I see Kareem Hunt just "Ray Rice-d" himself into NFL oblivion
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Lev Bell to Cheifs?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: December 1, 2018, 1:43 pm Lev Bell to Cheifs?
Yeah maybe, it's be a great fit and they have the cap space... they have some needs on D, and they arent cheap, and RB's can be easily found in the draft... But yeah that's a possibility now
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I havent had a chance to watch much today, but...

Colts vs Jagz - 6-0... ummm... really... are we sure they werent playing soccer?!?!

Buccs vs Panthers - Buccs held Cam to 17. They actually defended?!?

Giants vs Bears - Seriously Bears ****?!?! Cant win a SB losing to the G-men.

Cards vs Packers - Seriously... Packers... ****?!?! You lost to these guys?!?!

Bills vs Phins - Tyre fire game, someone had to win. Phins have a waaay better record than the names on the team sheet.

Texans vs Browns - Texans keep rollin' on. They are starting to really look like they might be capable of something in the post season.

Rams vs Lions - Nothing to see here but the looks. 30-16 is convincing enough.

Bronx vs Bengals - Bengals stink. Bronx are much better TBH, but they are making it work.

Raven vs Falcons - Jackson and RG3, YEP, RG3 getting it done. RG3 hadnt thrown a pass in 3 yrs or something. Falcons still struggling on D, but now their offense cant move either.

Games just started:
Seahawks vs 9ers - looks like business as usual, its 13-0

Vikings vs Pats - 0-7

Jets vs Titoons - 13-0. Titoons really cant string a season together.

Chiefs vs Raiders - Business almost as usual 13-0. No Kareem Hunt of course.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Don't know what Big Blue is doing? Focus on the draft picks boys.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

gergreg wrote: December 3, 2018, 9:18 am Don't know what Big Blue is doing? Focus on the draft picks boys.

:lol: :roflmao

They are playing themselves out of QB contention. Its fantastic!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Ok, Ive sifted through some of the highlights now.
*indicates my revised/ additional comments to said game. Ive kept the original comment too.

Bills vs Phins – Tyre fire game, someone had to win. Phins have a waaay better record than the names on the team sheet.
*How did Allen not start the yr? There are deficiencies, BUT, heaps to work with. His running game is very very good. Still 2 bad teams.

Colts vs Jagz - 6-0... ummm... really... are we sure they werent playing soccer?!?!
*I stand by my original statement. There were no highlights.

Buccs vs Panthers - Buccs held Cam to 17. They actually defended?!?
*Yes they did. 4 INTs really really helped.

Giants vs Bears - Seriously Bears ****?!?! Cant win a SB losing to the G-men.
*Looks like Giants played pretty well. Bears did come back to force OT. Giants gonna need to stink from here to be in the QB draft equation though.

Texans vs Browns - Texans keep rollin' on. They are starting to really look like they might be capable of something in the post season.
*Have I mentioned Hopkins is a beats lately?!? Landry was nearly as good TBH.

Cards vs Packers - Seriously... Packers... ****?!?! You lost to these guys?!?!
*Adams straight up Ballin’. Still couldn’t get the Packers over the line. Crosby missed a 49yd effort on the bell to send it to OT.
Packers just fired HC McCarthy too. WOW.

Rams vs Lions - Nothing to see here but the looks. 30-16 is convincing enough.
*I stick by this one too.

Bronx vs Bengals - Bengals stink. Bronx are much better TBH, but they are making it work.
*I like Lindsay BTW. He looks a special RB for Bronx. Boyd came up big for Bengals too.

Raven vs Falcons - Jackson and RG3, YEP, RG3 getting it done. RG3 hadn’t thrown a pass in 3 yrs or something. Falcons still struggling on D, but now their offense can’t move either.
*Nic to see Vic Beasley and Deion Jones back on the field for the Falcons.

Games just started:
Seahawks vs 9ers - looks like business as usual, its 13-0
*Finished 43-16. Definitely as expected.

Vikings vs Pats - 0-7
*Looked like a good game. Develin with 2 TDs. Rare you see a genuine FB score a double. The difference was Brady 1 INT, Cousins 2 INTs. Cousins picked in after Robinson looked to have scored, but it bounced into Pats hands. 2nd one was chasing the game with seconds left.

Jets vs Titoons - 13-0. Titoons really can’t string a season together.
*Well I’ll be damned. Titoons rallied. I watched the highlights. Was very tit for tat. Dumb errors by both QBs. 2 offenses that were pretty avg, but the Titoons came up with a few really big plays that kept them in it.

Chiefs vs Raiders - Business almost as usual 13-0. No Kareem Hunt of course.
*This got waaaay closer than it probably should have. Chiefs were killing them and Raiders rallied to get within 3. Before the Chiefs offense drove the field to stamp the winning TD.

Chargers vs Steelers – Well this looks like it must have been a hum dinger! Lead changed a few times. Chargers win on the buzzer with a FG. Looking forward to watching this one later.

#Side note. Everyone is running a jet sweep, end around and/or inside/ flip screen to a WR these days. There is at least 1 of these per side, every game, every week.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Rivers vs Big Ben
Allen vs AB
Rookie RB Jackson vs Rookie RB Conner

All of that head to head awesomeness and its all tied up with 3 ticks on the clock. Up steps the Chargers kicker, Badgely. Then...

Missed 39yd FG >>> Flag on the play. Steelers offside. 5yds. Replay down. Pittsburgh crowd goes crazy!
BLOCKED 34yd FG >>> Flag on the play. Steelers offside, again! 5yds. Replay down. Pittsburgh crowd goes ballistic!!!
29yd FG converted >>> Flag on the play. Steelers offside, yet again! Penalty declined. Chargers win.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Im definitely watching this one.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I'm terrified about how ready i am to accept Kareem Hunt into the eagles backfield.
It wont happen of course and it shouldnt. He's a POS. And Lurie wouldnt sign off on this, but boy he'd be a good fit in Philly, and cheap haha.
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Pigman wrote:I'm terrified about how ready i am to accept Kareem Hunt into the eagles backfield.
It wont happen of course and it shouldnt. He's a POS. And Lurie wouldnt sign off on this, but boy he'd be a good fit in Philly, and cheap haha.
Shhhhh I need Josh Adams to go for 100yds tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Think you're in trouble if you need 100 + TD
Sproles is slated to play, so Josh Adams is coming off on any passing down because Sproles is the only back that can pass protect. If you need 16 points, you'll need him to punch it in.

I think he'll get you 10 though.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: December 3, 2018, 7:11 pm I'm terrified about how ready i am to accept Kareem Hunt into the eagles backfield.
Someone will snap him up. There are only about 5-6 clubs who dont/wont need him
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Pigman wrote:Think you're in trouble if you need 100 + TD
Sproles is slated to play, so Josh Adams is coming off on any passing down because Sproles is the only back that can pass protect. If you need 16 points, you'll need him to punch it in.

I think he'll get you 10 though.
All I need. :)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

i just finished a money league im in at the top scoring team, by the completion of this week i'll have top scored by 50+

Im 5-8 and well and truly out of the playoffs. I've NEVER seen that before in my life. The amount of trash luck you to be objectively the best team and go 5-8 is ridiculous
the saving grace is i win 3x my buy in for winning the scoring title.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Pigman wrote: September 6, 2018, 7:38 am Ended up with:

QB: Cam Newton
Superflex: Matt Ryan
RB: Zeke Elliott
RB: Carlos Hyde
WR: Stefon Diggs
WR: Julian Edelman
FLEX: James White
FLEX: Chris Godwin
TE: Jimmy Graham
DST: Denver Broncos

Bench: Darren Sproles, Aaron Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, Brandon Marshall, Antonio Callaway

Going to need Chris Godwin to step up, Hyde to stay healthy and Aaron Jones to take the Packers backfield when he gets back.
I think in a 14 team league that's a pretty solid team. If i can get out of the first month dealing with Edelman and Jones suspensions at 2-2, then that starting line up is gonna be pretty great

This team... traded Edelman and White for Julio
So ended up with Ryan, Newton, Zeke, Aaron Jones, Julio, Diggs, DJ Moore, Godwin, J.Graham as my top team.. so angry. I dominated that draft for a 14 teamer. Nailed it. And it didnt matter at all. haha
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Thats a really strong side. I liked it after the draft.

Graham is your weakest link. That said, its a tough position to pick. Who would have though Graham would suck catching passes from ARod?
More importantly, the flop that is Ebron, would be "LeBron'ing it up" with Luck?

I suspect Matty Ice has been a bit sucky too in recent wks.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah Matty Ice hasnt been great the last few weeks.
Graham was **** all year long and he's 13th... and looking at some of those dudes in front of him, guys like Reed, OJ Howard, Burton, Njoku and Rudolph... i mean they all basically seem like they're as frustrating as Graham... He's ahead of Gronk and Olsen

Unless you've got Kelce, Ertz at the top of the draft, got in on the Kittle hype early or lucked out with Cook or Ebron, you've been **** at TE this year haha
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: December 4, 2018, 9:00 am Yeah Matty Ice hasnt been great the last few weeks.
Graham was **** all year long and he's 13th... and looking at some of those dudes in front of him, guys like Reed, OJ Howard, Burton, Njoku and Rudolph... i mean they all basically seem like they're as frustrating as Graham... He's ahead of Gronk and Olsen

Unless you've got Kelce, Ertz at the top of the draft, got in on the Kittle hype early or lucked out with Cook or Ebron, you've been **** at TE this year haha
Exactly
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

What could possibly go wrong?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ways-choke

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Finally saw the Titoons highlights.
Man, didnt Henry have a day!
Put his big boy pants on, and decided no one can tackle me.