NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

New twist on Holmes. My brother knows a few people in Sydney, that know a few players.

The rumors are that he quit the Sharks for the NFL coz they wouldnt release him to the Cows.

So, he decided that despite his up and down trial previously, he would give it a dip for a yr.

If he makes it, great. If not. He will go to Cows next yr anyway
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Yeah, let's not just chuck in all the current Test players somewhere. Otherwise we'd have to find a spot for Aaron Woods.

Found by FB / lead blocker. Tyson Frizell fits the mould quite well IMO. Good leg speed. Lower centre of gravity. Runs it straight and hard. Not afraid of contact.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

QB: Cameron Smith, Cameron Munster, Corey Norman
RB: Jarryd Hayne, Michael Jennings, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
FB: Konrad Hurrell
WR: Greg Inglis, Suliasi Vunivalu, Kaylan Ponga, Bevan French, Jordan Rapana, Tom Trbojevic
TE: Viliame Kikau, Latrell Mitchell, Corey Oates
OL: Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Sam Kasiano, Taniela Paseka, Shannon Boyd, Sam Burgess, David Klemmer, George Burgess, Ryan James

DE: Jason Taumalolo, Josh Papalii, Coen Hess, Angus Crichton, Joseph Leulia
DT: Payne Haas, David Fifita, Junior Paulo, Andrew Fifita,
LB: Jack De Belin, Tevita Pengai Jr, Martin Taupau, Tyson Frizzel, Tariq Sims, James Fisher-Harris, Joseph Tapine
CB: Josh Addo-Carr, Alex Johnston, Cody Walker, James Roberts, Dane Gagai
S: Jack Wighton, Jack Bird, Tyrone Peachey, Esan Marsterss

PR: Valentine Holmes
KR: James Tedesco
P: Blake Austin
K: Rhyse Martin
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Alright so thats my preliminary 53 man sqaud... so we can go position by position to figure out
Some wild stuff in there but ill offer thoughts as we go through as to why i picked certain players

We can do a little fun off season project and sort of go through it position from position to figure it out...

1) do we have the right players
2) who starts

QB: Not a lot to be said here, we dont have the physical traits so as NR suggested, lets stick with game managers as best we can. I did TRY to stay with the bigger guys.
I had one thought.. Shaun Johnson in a Lamar Jackson role would be interesting?
i dont feel good about this group... I think i want Munster to start.
Last edited by Botman on November 22, 2018, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

You left out Dugan
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yes. Yes i did.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

So how the **** do I see him get snapped in half on a crossing route?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: November 22, 2018, 7:08 pm Yeah, let's not just chuck in all the current Test players somewhere. Otherwise we'd have to find a spot for Aaron Woods.

Found by FB / lead blocker. Tyson Frizell fits the mould quite well IMO. Good leg speed. Lower centre of gravity. Runs it straight and hard. Not afraid of contact.
I thought Fonua Blake would be a good FB
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

QB is really tough, and due to zero comparison the theory here stands. So...

Assuming Smith doesnt retire, Smith=Brady=GOAT tick.

TBH, I prefer the SJ in the Lamar Jackson option over Munster. I dont see Munster as a game manager. He isnt exactly a ball playing skilled half either. So if he is your ball running half, SJ is better. He is a run 1st guy, but is asked to ball play 1st. Typical running QB delimma once in the pro's.

***Benji in his prime is a reasonable SJ replacement option here too.

Widdop, Morgan, DCE or Norman as #3 is fine if you are going on size alone. All are 6'0" to 6'1".

Id like to put forward James Maloney in a Drew Brees comparison. Bit smaller than your avg half/ QB. Just as good as anyone else, and magic when on song. Plays with a chip on his shoulder. Has a premiership ring, but seems to always be 1 or 2 good teammates away from another tilt.

Rookie QB option. Also fits the size requirement well. Lachlan Lewis. 6'3", 198lbs. Showed great promise to end the yr for the Dogs. Foran-esque.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Well...
Lions suck. Bears D is legit.

Skins are totally busted and beat up. A few non calls there way didnt help. Cowboys D is legit. Cooper goes big on YAC with 2 TDs.

So far so good on Thanksgiving
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Falcons tried and failed on several 4th downs against the Saints. That says a hell of a lot about how well the Saints are going at the moment.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

RB:
Hayne is a gimme.

I dont like Jennings, never have. I feel he and Jimmy the Jet are all speed no substance. However, i think that makes them both good WR options, voz they are definitely deep threats.

RTS footwork alone gets him a run IMO. However, he is probably your scat back.

You name Teddy as a returner. For me, i think he is your pinball runner, not Jennings. Thats how he plays in the NRL. Bumps of tackles, swerves and jinks in traffic, and has breakaway speed. A stronger ball carrier than Jennings too.

I also like Gela-mosby as a rookie RB 3 or 4 option. Has the speed and footwork, just a bit too raw ATM.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

FB:
Guys like Hurrell and Kata make sence in a traditionalsence. BUT, your FB doesnt run much these days. They are generally impact blockers in short yardage situations. Though there are still a few pass catchers and pass blockers out there.

So, I want a solid stocky unit thats gonna punch a hole for my RB to run through. So an impact ball runner. Guys that come to mind are:
Fonua Blake - 6'2" 260lbs
Moses Leota (Panthers) - 6'0" 238lbs
Sio Siua Taukeiaho - 6'0" 238lbs
Peni Terepo - 6'1" 233lbs
Tevita Tatola - 6'0" 251lbs

SST probably has good enough hands to provide a catch or 2 as well.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

TE:
With TE being a stud position these days, im cutting Oates and shifting GI to TE#1. Oates is a drop/tip drill/fumble liability. GI is big enough to block, and out muscle for catches in traffic. He is also athletic enough to get down field and out jump DBs.

Kik at #2 and Latrell, GI carbon copy, at #3.

WR:
Vunivalu becames my big target #1.

At #2 I want more speed. So Jimmy the Jet is my Tyreek Hill. Can get deep, can run a jet sweep, for trickery he can play RB, has a play out of nothing in him, even if he isnt going to out leap or fight for a ball.

I dont mind Ponga in the slot, unless u pick him at QB Mahomes style.

Id pick Jennings in the slot. In his prime, had great footwork and burst when changing direction. I can see him running darts over the middle, or taking a pass into the flat up the sideline.

I wanna find room for Waqa Blake here too. Big, fast, physical. He is my alternative big target for Vunivalu. He is 6'3" and 216lbs.

French is too light for mine, im cutting him for Jennings. Im cutting Turbo for Blake.
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Matt wrote:Well...
Lions suck. Bears D is legit.

Skins are totally busted and beat up. A few non calls there way didnt help. Cowboys D is legit. Cooper goes big on YAC with 2 TDs.

So far so good on Thanksgiving
K-Mack runs the world.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

I grabbed Tarik Cohen early in the season as a free agent. Free money.

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Sossman wrote: November 23, 2018, 9:23 pm I grabbed Tarik Cohen early in the season as a free agent. Free money.

I like Cohen
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Waqa Blake and Sio Siua Taukeiaho were guys i looked at all really closely. Like the idea of Blake in as a WR.

I couldnt find a spot for SST that i felt was a natural fit so i left him out
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

OL:
Im moving Sam Burgess to DT, so ill replace him with the other twin in Tom. Pretty sure the twins cant function apart anyway.

Also, not a fan of Ryan James. Given u have gone Klem on the OL, im going to put Matt Eisenhuth up as James replacement. Very similar type body shape. Huth has better footwork, mobility and skill on Klem. But isnt as physical or aggressive.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

DE:
I like the picks, but not sold on Gus TBH. Id move David Fifita (assuming you mean the new Broncos kid) wider. He looked really good on the edge for them.

Im going to put forward Emre Guler as my rookie DE too. At 6'3" and 242lbs he has the size to match it with those guys. Might progress to DT, esp in a 4-3.

DT:
I like the picks here too. Not many options. Im bringing Sam Burgess into DT as my Aaron Donald. In that GF run, the guy was untouchable. At 6'5 and 260lbs, he is big. We know he is aggressive, strong, agile and determined. I can see him bull rushing all day and causing havoc for QBs collapsing the pocket.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

LB:
100%. Cant fault the selections. Maybe u find room for a Cordner, a smart LB in the mould of Sean Lee. But happy with the picks.

CB:
Ive switched Jimmy the Jet and Turbo. I feel Turbo is more graceful and fluid in his movement. He is also long in the arms and torso. Similar feel to Piggys call on Alex Johnston.

S:
I love Wighton. He is my SS. BUT, Im going to have to get @Pigman to explain the rest of his picks.

Im backing the Morris Twins, esp Brett as my FS. Can tackle, has a nose for the ball, has good anticipation, and good long speed.

Josh was picked to mark GI most of his rep career, and IMO, did a bang up job against the odds. U cant stop him forever, so keeping it to 1 or 2 plays is a must. Thats why he gets a gig at saftey, coz GI as at TE. Probably plays nickle.

To round out the list, im going with Marsters kiwi compatriot, Dean Whare. Not a fan of him TBH, BUT, known as a defensive centre. Can lay on a hit. Can play FB too, to has a feel for positioning and game awareness. Has decent speed too. My #2 SS. Could also play nickelback downs. Esp if he is rushing the QB.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Special teams:
I know some players are picked solely to play in the return game, BUT, we have loads of players on that list above who could do the job. 2 of Piggys RBs and all 3 of mine are very capable. Then we have a couple of WRs that can do the job too.

Are we saying Holmes is that much better that we give him the role solely? Or, do you make him a WR and give him the gig from there? Im not sold on him as a WR in reality, BUT, in this hypothetical, thats his role.

As fot the kickers. Does Austin moving to ESL change selections?

K:
I looked at:
Maloney, but wouldnt trust long distance.
Croker, wouldnt trust long distance.
ARey, clutch, but wouldnt trust long distance.

I still like Cleary, but i also still like him as a rookie QB option.

Dont hate Martin as a pick. He will certainly hold his own defensively on kickoffs.

However im going for a different rookie kicker in Isaako. Kicked them from everywhere for Bronx. Kicked the most goals last yr. Kicked a couple of match winning FGs and Pen goals, so id say he is clutch. I did see him kick 1 from just over 40, near the numbers, so thats a decent strike, so im gonna say distance isnt too bad either.

We gonna add a long snapper? Maybe thats SSTs spot @Pigman?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Pigman wrote: November 22, 2018, 8:09 pm QB: Cameron Smith, Cameron Munster, Corey Norman
RB: Jarryd Hayne, Michael Jennings, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
FB: Konrad Hurrell
WR: Greg Inglis, Suliasi Vunivalu, Kaylan Ponga, Bevan French, Jordan Rapana, Tom Trbojevic
TE: Viliame Kikau, Latrell Mitchell, Corey Oates
OL: Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Sam Kasiano, Taniela Paseka, Shannon Boyd, Sam Burgess, David Klemmer, George Burgess, Ryan James

DE: Jason Taumalolo, Josh Papalii, Coen Hess, Angus Crichton, Joseph Leulia
DT: Payne Haas, David Fifita, Junior Paulo, Andrew Fifita,
LB: Jack De Belin, Tevita Pengai Jr, Martin Taupau, Tyson Frizzel, Tariq Sims, James Fisher-Harris, Joseph Tapine
CB: Josh Addo-Carr, Alex Johnston, Cody Walker, James Roberts, Dane Gagai
S: Jack Wighton, Jack Bird, Tyrone Peachey, Esan Marsterss

PR: Valentine Holmes
KR: James Tedesco
P: Blake Austin
K: Rhyse Martin
Thoughts on how i went about it:

Qb: Obviously lacking any real candidates so i took dudes who are at least in the lower end (Baker-Brees) of the body type comps. I wanted physical guys who were stoutly built and have the strength to fight through contact, likely going to have pretty strong shoulders (re: arms) and good functional short area movement. As said, considered Shaun Johnson and running a true college system.
Starter: Cam Smith. He's the most likely to be able to take in a play book and run a huddle effectively imo.

RB: Obviously Hayne is at least a SOMEWHAT proven commodity here in that he's been in an NFL game. I took Jennings because i think he's got great balance and built low to the ground. I think in the NRL what i see in him is when he cut's back against the grain on defenders his combination of size and strength. I think given the inexperience of the team, the OL is going to playing zone and Jennings would be good hittings those natural cut backs. RTS is the scat back, a little footwork, he'd be good in the screen game. Dont hate the Tedesco idea but i just these guys more for what the position requires.
Starter: Hayne but i'd be looking to get RTS involved a lot.

FB: I didnt put a lot of thought behind this, im not huge on the FB position, i just a big body, who is fast and big enough to laid people out and can be my short yardage back. I wouldnt trust any of my RB's to move a pile. Hurrell can.

WR: Inglis is obvious, i really think he'd have been an elite WR in the NFL if he was born there. Vunivalu is another prototypical HWS guy, good on contested catches. Ponga is my slot, i think he's smart enough to handle the position and tough enough. Covering him in tight spaces will be TOUGH. I went with Bevan French as my stretch the field guy, he's LIGHTNING quick and his size is a little Hill-ish. Also i think he'd be a good gunner on special teams. Rapana and Tommy T are depth and special teamers but i no doubt missed the boat here with Waqa Blake, he'd be a really good WR. Probably worth a start over all these guys
Starters: Inglis X, Vunivalu Z, Ponga SLOT

TE: I think this one of my favourite groups. Loved the idea of Kikau, he's big enough to do some blocking and can make tough catches in traffic. He's a very unique athlete. Mitchell profiles excellently in a Zach Ertz role, he wont ask him to do a lot of blocking, he's a glorified WR. Oates could probably be improved. I quite like the the GI to TE, Blake to WR move, that would be better than Oates
Starter: Kikau TE

OL: Again i went for players who fit the size for the position and have good feet, also guys who have arm length. We're running a zone scheme due to lack of experience. So i want guys who are quick and mobile. NAS and Kasiano are ideal size for tackles, both really long in the arms too. Ryan James is my swing tackle. At the G spots, i went with Boyd and Paseka. Physical road graders who can move nicely. Sam Burgess is my centre, again smart enough for the position. Tall enough that he can carry the weight, and really good athelete. I've got Klemmer and George Burgess as back ups
Starts: NAS LT, Boyd LG, S.Burgess C, Taseka RG, Kasiano RT

--------

DE: Looked for players who fit the body type and who have the explosive power. I dont think this team is going to be getting to the QB with elaborate pass rush moves, it's going to be bullrush. Love Lolo and Papa as starters, these guys are extremely explosive and can drive players back, and also quick enough that they can execute stunts. Hess is again a dude who's an expert at pushing people off him, i'd probably use him primarily on running downs, might even shift him into DT on short yardage. Crichton and Leulia are just good powerful athletes. We could probably do better.
Starters: Lolo LE, Papa RE

DT: We're playing the wide 9. I want my DL getting one on ones as much as possible. All my guys here are HUGE dudes who specialise in throwing people off them and never being put in reverse. I want these guys to be able to disengage with blocks and get to the football. Really like this group. I think it's excellent.
Starters: Haas DT, Fifita DT

LB: With the wide 9 up front, i looked to LB's who have the strength to disengage with blockers, and the speed to get to the football. This is a tough position, but i think the starters here are really good. Love JDB at the MIKE, we're going to put TPJ at the WILL and Marty at the SAM. I want TPJ who's a little more athletic to be covering the TE's and Taupau to be the pash rusher in the LB crew. This is a good set up. Frizzel is my back up MIKE, Sims, JFH and Tapine will play a lot of special teams and back up at the WILL and SAM spots. Cordner is one i looked at LONG and hard here. Would be a good MIKE.
Starters: TPJ WLB, JDB MLB, Taupau SLB

CB: This is another group that was hard but i kind of love my guys. We're going to playing press so speed is key and having natural fluid hips. These guys who have a number of "gears" of speed, can turn and run and have a bit of length. I think ALL these guys have the physical traits to do what a corner needs to do. Alex Johnson playing press worries me a bit strength wise. Jimmy would be an excellent ST gunner. Tommy T would be the tallest corner in football. I think he's too tall, his length could help make up for what i think is not ideal hip fluidity. I wouldnt crush the pick though.
Starters: Addo-Carr CB, Johnston CB, Cody Walker SLOT

S: I actually like this group, i know Matt is a little confused. But what i want for here in today's NFL is guys with range and guys who are physical. Wighton is honestly the player i'd feel most strongly about in this entire list. Hayne included. I think he'd have a really **** good NFL S. Jack Bird is another in his mould, not quite as fast but probably a little stronger. I think Peachey is a home run at FS. Honey Badger style. He's got range, he's a physical tackler, great ball skills and really good short area change of direction for times he's coming down to cover the slot. Marsters i profiled into a sort of poor man's Chanellor. Physical in the box guy, tone setter, can bring him on nickle situations as an extra LB in some personnel grouping too (like a Mark Barron)
Starters: Wighton SS, Peachey FS

PR: Holmes - Didnt think too much, he's good in traffic, and tough as nails so can sustain hits
KR: Tedesco - Can see why someone might think about RB, he's on the roster so we'd use him there to see how it went.
P: Austin - Didnt think about this at all beyond i think NR's point that his boot is undeniably big. He'll do, we dont plan to punt much anyways ;) we're a 4 down team haha
K: Martin - No thought in this at all. Feels like he's a good powerful straight line kicker. But you want to talk me into someone else, i could do that.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: November 24, 2018, 5:27 pm im going to put Matt Eisenhuth up as James replacement. Very similar type body shape. Huth has better footwork, mobility and skill on Klem. But isnt as physical or aggressive.
Just on this, i didnt mention it but i think Matt Eisenhuth would be a good selection, i wouldnt argue too much about him replacing Ryan James as my swing tackle, but i've got Klem down as a G. I dont think Eisenhuth has the temperament for interior OL but yeah as an OT, i can see that, but I didnt think of him at all, that's a good pull
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I could also be talked into Whare over Jack Bird as a back up S. Another guy i didnt really think about but would be a fine selection.
I hate him as an NRL player, think he's quietly a bit ****, but he'd look the part for sure. Probaby enough range to be a passable FS, so that versatility is nice
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

This exercise has really rekindled my dream scenario where all of a sudden RL just died, and an australian NFL league replaced it
I love the Raiders more than any sporting team, but i definitely prefer the NFL as a game. My fever dream is a Canberra Raiders AGL (Australian Gridiron League) team haha
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: November 24, 2018, 7:47 pm I could also be talked into Whare over Jack Bird as a back up S. Another guy i didnt really think about but would be a fine selection.
I hate him as an NRL player, think he's quietly a bit ****, but he'd look the part for sure. Probaby enough range to be a passable FS, so that versatility is nice
My thoughts on Whare exactly
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

This was fun. I think we are really close to picking the eyes out of the NRL to fit the NFL. I also think we are really close to the right 53.

I wondered if Peach was a substitute Honey Badger. Movement wise, i can see it. Not sure i agree with the physically or tackling requirements.

I cant see Sam Burgess on the OL. Size wise he matches up. BUT, he is glory driven. Therefore, at that size i see him on the D line somewhere. He is happy to fo the dirty work, but if he has to, he wants to dish out punishment along the way. Because he knows at some point he will get a shot at glory. So, i see him holding the middle, allowing Papa or Lolo to get home. However, he is just waiting to get a shot at getting home himself. You also know he has a big motor, so he will go all day long.

Turbo, yep, his height did make me think twice. I even considered saftey. But DBs are getting bigger, with length and reach being just as important as fluidity and speed. Think Sheman and Byron Jones, and that Pats CB, Browner? Big long and physical.

Jimmy the Jet. The guy can't play D. Fastest bloke in the game, and rarely chases in scramble. Support run with a try looming, or chasing a 50/50 kick, yep. They guy wants to score TDs as much as tries. With his electric speed you would be trying to get him involved. That was more my feel for the Tyreek Hill comparison.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: November 24, 2018, 7:52 pm This exercise has really rekindled my dream scenario where all of a sudden RL just died, and an australian NFL league replaced it
I love the Raiders more than any sporting team, but i definitely prefer the NFL as a game. My fever dream is a Canberra Raiders AGL (Australian Gridiron League) team haha
AGL WOOT WOOT
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

NFL continues today...
Seahawks vs Panthers - Seahawks rally late to beat the Panthers. McCafferey was huge for the Panthers. Gano missed his chance from 50, but Russell Wilson did his thing late to Lockett. Janikowski didnt miss. Good game actually.
Pats vs Jets - As expected. Pats did it comfortably. Weirdly they ran, a lot, well... for them.
9ers vs Buccs - Buccs should have won by more. Winston missed open receivers, and there were a few tipped balls on what looked like certain TDs too.
Browns vs Bengals - Browns rookies go to work. Mayfield, Chubb, Calloway. Bengals benched Dalton for Drisscol. That says a lot. Bengals are choke artists.
Steelers vs Bronx – Denver play tough, and with a couple of turnovers outlast the Steelers, JUST.
Phins vs Colts – Get used to Luck to Ebron. 2 more TDs today, and that’s 11 for Ebron since moving from Staffords Lions. Phins were really only close due to a couple of turnovers.
Cards vs Chargers – Big Fitz scored 1st, but that was all she wrote. Piggys boy, Big D Rivers went to work. 3 TDs for 259yards and no INTs. Gordon continues to find the endzone too with a double.
Jags vs Bills – Mwahahahahahaha… Jags had 6 different rushers today, SIX! Conversely, the Bills QB ran for more yards than any rusher. BUT… Jags are imploding more than usual. Fornette got an early shower after starting a brawl. Bortles 2 more picks, 1 unlucky coz it’s off his receivers hands and he should catch that. Bills won though, which is hilarious.
Raiders vs Ravens – Ravens did it easy. Jackson ran, but threw 2 picks. However, their D finally caused turnovers.

Giants vs Eagles - Div slug fest. Barkley and Eli had their way early. Eagles looked 'rusty' offensively, but started to get the run game going and wore them down. @pigman, can probably add some more.

Vikings vs Packers - ***Edited*** Vikings win. Cousins gets hot in the 3rd. 29/38 from 342 and 3 TDs.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Eagles game was terribly depressing, and poor officiated on both sides
Some DREADFUL PI calls missed on the Giants in the red zone on Barkley and OBJ, probably 8 points of plays there, and the eagles had an incredibly soft OPI called against them with cost them points and a bad holding call which pulled a TD back.

Eagles were probably marginally the better but this game gives me no confidence at all. The Eagles desperately need Sidney Jones and Jalen Mills back, neither are particularly great corners, though both have had their moments, but they're NFL players, and the current crop of dudes just arent haha

Next two weeks will decide the divsion, Eagles need to go 2-0, and the cowboys going 0-2, that'll put the eagles up 1 game, squared up the H2H tie breaker, and then if we can beat the skins in wk17 we'd have the div record tie breaker, that might be enough to carry the day and get stomped in the play offs haha

If dallas hold their home game in 2 weeks against the eagles, they'll basically claim the division and thus they earn the right for the divisional round play off stomping
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: November 26, 2018, 2:41 pm Eagles game was terribly depressing, and poor officiated on both sides
Some DREADFUL PI calls missed on the Giants in the red zone on Barkley and OBJ, probably 8 points of plays there, and the eagles had an incredibly soft OPI called against them with cost them points and a bad holding call which pulled a TD back.

Eagles were probably marginally the better but this game gives me no confidence at all. The Eagles desperately need Sidney Jones and Jalen Mills back, neither are particularly great corners, though both have had their moments, but they're NFL players, and the current crop of dudes just arent haha

Next two weeks will decide the divsion, Eagles need to go 2-0, and the cowboys going 0-2, that'll put the eagles up 1 game, squared up the H2H tie breaker, and then if we can beat the skins in wk17 we'd have the div record tie breaker, that might be enough to carry the day and get stomped in the play offs haha

If dallas hold their home game in 2 weeks against the eagles, they'll basically claim the division and thus they earn the right for the divisional round play off stomping
Lets face it...
Brees will breeze through AT&T with his crew next week.
Then its down to Zeke, Amari and Dak outplaying that Eagles 2ndary.
Im not worried about our D, I think they will do enough to give you headaches.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah look, the eagles probably wont win the NFC E, but maybe they will. The Cowboys probably will win the NFC E but maybe wont... its those two... and objectively, give the state of play at CB, as long as Dak doesnt piss down his own leg, Dallas should get it done.
I agree about the dallas D, they'll do enough to give a declining aging Eagles OL some problems and i was a HUGE LVE fan going into that draft and he's exactly what i thought he'd be. Annoyingly

but neither of these teams are built to hang with the NFC right now. These are all bad teams... im kind of pulling for a **** of the bed for the eagles. We won a SB, i can easily deal with a **** season, but the prospect of a high-ish pick to help improve what i think is, at it's best health, a VERY good team would be a bit nice, especially with Wentz's contract on the come up
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

just re-read my round 1 evals... pretty happy with them, the guys i stumped for are basically all legit players
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: November 26, 2018, 7:16 pm Yeah look, the eagles probably wont win the NFC E, but maybe they will. The Cowboys probably will win the NFC E but maybe wont... its those two... and objectively, give the state of play at CB, as long as Dak doesnt piss down his own leg, Dallas should get it done.
I agree about the dallas D, they'll do enough to give a declining aging Eagles OL some problems and i was a HUGE LVE fan going into that draft and he's exactly what i thought he'd be. Annoyingly

but neither of these teams are built to hang with the NFC right now. These are all bad teams... im kind of pulling for a **** of the bed for the eagles. We won a SB, i can easily deal with a **** season, but the prospect of a high-ish pick to help improve what i think is, at it's best health, a VERY good team would be a bit nice, especially with Wentz's contract on the come up
Agreed