Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

Looks like Jaylon Smith is getting green lights to start at MLB vs Giants
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote:Looks like Jaylon Smith is getting green lights to start at MLB vs Giants
Hate Dallas and even I'm happy about this
Hope he balls out for them.
Dopium
Peter Jackson

Post by Dopium »

That was well played by the Eagles, we were outclassed all game. Wentz especially is looking crisp, along with that d-line. Skins look like horse ****, but not like I expected anything more. Too many mistakes, and Cousins didn't show up.

That was a seriously shocking call at the end there though, dude threw a spiral and it was batted down. I mean, it's not like we would have scored on that drive, but that was utterly disgraceful.
Botman
Mal Meninga

NFL Thread

Post by Botman »

The eagles got off to a win but we've got injuries all over the place
Including Darby with a bad one
Very disappointing:(

The game sealing td was an awful call, absolutely no doubt that's an incompletion but I'll take it, we likely win the game regardless but that's a terrible call
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

Go Packs Go
I don't post facts
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Speaking of absolute See you in the NT's
Did anyone see that outrageous home cooking the Packers got? Seahawks had 11 points wiped out of this game on absolutely no doubt terrible calls. The pick 6 and having Lane ejected for throwing a punch was as egregious as it gets
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

1st time is 2000+ days the Jags are over .500
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

They looked **** fantastic too
Calais Campbell absolutely owned that Texans team
He was in their backfield almost every play
It was an incredibly impressive performance
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

On the Sunday night game, though Dallas controlled the game from start to end, never looked threatened, their defence held up nicely but that Gaints offence was putrid and Zeke aside, I thought Dak was a little underwhelming and let the Giants hang around too long in a game they might have snatched if OBJ played
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote:Speaking of absolute See you in the NT's
Did anyone see that outrageous home cooking the Packers got? Seahawks had 11 points wiped out of this game on absolutely no doubt terrible calls. The pick 6 and having Lane ejected for throwing a punch was as egregious as it gets
I laughed sooooo hard at that call. Adams made mire contact than Lane and he gets ejected. WOW! You never see calls 'that bad' in the NFL. Not with a dozen zebras and video.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I only watched the short highlights on nfl.com but the offensive highlight for the Giants was Darkwha making a 10 yard run, and that was it. When is OBJ due back because they have absolutely nothing on offence without him?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote:I only watched the short highlights on nfl.com but the offensive highlight for the Giants was Darkwha making a 10 yard run, and that was it. When is OBJ due back because they have absolutely nothing on offence without him?
He was close to playing today I think so week 2, maybe week 3 at the latest would be my guess
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote:On the Sunday night game, though Dallas controlled the game from start to end, never looked threatened, their defence held up nicely but that Gaints offence was putrid and Zeke aside, I thought Dak was a little underwhelming and let the Giants hang around too long in a game they might have snatched if OBJ played
Dak converted a lot if 3rd downs today. I thought he was pretty good. However, missing Dez on a wide open slant, which he perfectly created drawing in Collins with the PA, you gotta make that play for tge TD.

Zeke was Zeke.

D was good, but Giants didnt throw anything at them.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote:
gergreg wrote:I only watched the short highlights on nfl.com but the offensive highlight for the Giants was Darkwha making a 10 yard run, and that was it. When is OBJ due back because they have absolutely nothing on offence without him?
He was close to playing today I think so week 2, maybe week 3 at the latest would be my guess
It sounded like a wk to wk thing to me. He is trying all sorts alternate therapies to get fit.

As for their best play, it was actually a 30 yard pass to Engram. But yeah, that was it. 4 Punts in the 1st half. They only had 2 drives, the FG, and the 2nd was in the last 2mins with Dallas playing exclusively cover 4. Marshall got his only catch on the 2nd last play of the game.

Im surprised they didnt get Engram more invovled
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote:They looked **** fantastic too
Calais Campbell absolutely owned that Texans team
He was in their backfield almost every play
It was an incredibly impressive performance
He and Founette was awesome!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote:
Pigman wrote:
It sounded like a wk to wk thing to me. He is trying all sorts alternate therapies to get fit.

As for their best play, it was actually a 30 yard pass to Engram. But yeah, that was it. 4 Punts in the 1st half. They only had 2 drives, the FG, and the 2nd was in the last 2mins with Dallas playing exclusively cover 4. Marshall got his only catch on the 2nd last play of the game.

Engram is going to be hard to get involved. He's so predictable in how he lines up. It's hard to get a guy the ball when you know what he's doing based on how he lined up. He'll need to learn to at least block the wind if he's going to be a meaningful part of the offence

They need so much to get obj on there. He changes the entire complexion on offence

Manning quietly looking bad too. He might be off the cliff
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote:
Matt wrote:
Pigman wrote:

Engram is going to be hard to get involved. He's so predictable in how he lines up. It's hard to get a guy the ball when you know what he's doing based on how he lined up. He'll need to learn to at least block the wind if he's going to be a meaningful part of the offence

They need so much to get obj on there. He changes the entire complexion on offence

Manning quietly looking bad too. He might be off the cliff
Fantastic isnt it
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Hahah yeah definitely
That D is hard to move the ball on but I think the Eagles can do that, we've got the right offence for it... but I am licking my chops as the prospect of our DL against those OL and manning throwing under pressure

Dallas got good consistent pressure and... without wanting to downplay how they played today, their DL reeks. The eagles DL is a monster. That giants group don't stand a chance
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

It's hard to see him getting back to his best but I guess 2 Super Bowl rings allows him to go out on his own terms (unlike Romo) - for now at least. They're not a franchise that accepts mediocrity for too long though - from what I have seen with my limited length of time supporting them. I think some of their recruiting (again with my limited experience) hasn't helped him much. For a few seasons there the D looked terrible and couldn't stop the run - now they have fixed that they really have zero running game of their own.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah Eli has done enough for that franchise that he should be allowed to go out on his own terms for sure.
But McAdoo might not like the idea of being the sacrificial lamb for that.
The giants major problem is their OL is absolutely awful and their RBs arent worth **** feeding. Id love to know why Paul Perkins is some highly touted guy around the league. The guy cant play!

And I have to say for all the fire power of the NFC E. All 4 teams are pretty bloody good... but boy the head coaching talent is sub optimal
Garrett is a happy clapper who lives off scott linehan and Marenelli. McAdoo is a straight goober who cant get his offence clicking at all, despite having amazing pass catchers. I've never been sold on Jay Gruden at all, and now he's lost McVey he looks lost and Pederson has some amazing play design mixed in with some mind numbingly bad play calling at times.

i feel like if any of these teams got themselves a coach who was even top 10, they'd run away with the division.
The assistants are great though... Marenelli is a lord, Linehan is a solid play caller, Schwartz is killing it, McVey was awesome, Spags has the Giants D rollin...
i feel like all the teams would be better off with their best assistant as HC right now.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote:Hahah yeah definitely
That D is hard to move the ball on but I think the Eagles can do that, we've got the right offence for it... but I am licking my chops as the prospect of our DL against those OL and manning throwing under pressure

Dallas got good consistent pressure and... without wanting to downplay how they played today, their DL reeks. The eagles DL is a monster. That giants group don't stand a chance
Our DBs are young, untested talents with potential. So they will get burned at some point.
Lee finally has a 2IC in Smith. If we can get Hickens fit, our LBs will be pretty good.
Our D line is plucky... but plucky only gets u so far. Just manipulating an opposition OL is all we can really ask for.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote:Yeah Eli has done enough for that franchise that he should be allowed to go out on his own terms for sure.
But McAdoo might not like the idea of being the sacrificial lamb for that.
The giants major problem is their OL is absolutely awful and their RBs arent worth **** feeding. Id love to know why Paul Perkins is some highly touted guy around the league. The guy cant play!

And I have to say for all the fire power of the NFC E. All 4 teams are pretty bloody good... but boy the head coaching talent is sub optimal
Garrett is a happy clapper who lives off scott linehan and Marenelli. McAdoo is a straight goober who cant get his offence clicking at all, despite having amazing pass catchers. I've never been sold on Jay Gruden at all, and now he's lost McVey he looks lost and Pederson has some amazing play design mixed in with some mind numbingly bad play calling at times.

i feel like if any of these teams got themselves a coach who was even top 10, they'd run away with the division.
The assistants are great though... Marenelli is a lord, Linehan is a solid play caller, Schwartz is killing it, McVey was awesome, Spags has the Giants D rollin...
i feel like all the teams would be better off with their best assistant as HC right now.
Agree with all that.
Esp the Marenelli stuff. That guy can dead set get blood from a stone. I swear, if we had a stud or 2 on D we would look like that Denver SB winning D.
Baywatch
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by Baywatch »

Manning is cooked. According to the PFF guys he wasnt even under pressure that much. Everything for the Giants revolves around the defense and Odell making miracle plays after the catch.

Sam Bradford was goddamn terrific today.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Baywatch wrote:Manning is cooked. According to the PFF guys he wasnt even under pressure that much. Everything for the Giants revolves around the defense and Odell making miracle plays after the catch.

Sam Bradford was goddamn terrific today.
Bradford was very good.

I'm surprised Rivers couldn't find a way to beat Denver. He usually gets them home in those sorts of close games.
Botman
Mal Meninga

NFL Thread

Post by Botman »

MONEYBAGS 2017 - WEEK 2:

Im writing off that opening game fiasco in NE. That was **** and im not letting it get the best of me. We got back on the horse with a roll on Atlanta which was a bum squeker and the Lock of LAR -3.5 was home from about 23 seconds into the game

Lock: Alright, for this week im going BACK to the well with New England... The Patriots are LIGHTS **** out coming off a loss and i think they will be absolutely roaring to go here against a NO team who's defence was talked up all off season and was just cut to god damn ribbons by a ho-hum attacking side like the Vikings. NE -6.5 is the play here. I think they'll win by 10+... ON it for $50

Upset: This one is easy and i like it plenty. Right now the Green Bay Packers are getting +3 against the Falcons. This is two really good teams, the NFC Championship game from last year, but given how each team played in week 1, i've got no reason to think the Packers shouldnt be outright favourites, even on the road.
I think by the time the game closes, they will be favourites. In fact i just looked and the line has ALREADY come into +2.5. Money STEAMING in for the Packers. Get on it now before you lose the points.
GB +3 /2.5 $25 on

Multi: Easy multi got sunk last week care of NE... tough start but there is some value here... How about this for a nice H2H multi... Cinci getting a rookie qb on a short week at home after being embarrassed. The reeling Cards against Jacoby Brissett and that putrid Colts D, the Ravens at home against the Browns. Dallas to get the job done on Denver, and we'll chuck in Seattle to beat the Niners and Raiders to beat the Jets both at home to bulk us up a little
CIN - ARI - BAL - OAK - DAL - SEA H2H... $20 on that should get you $5+

ROLLIN': Alright forget NE, there was **** **** going on in that game. Forget it, i have. We rolled again with Atlanta, which did break my rules and it almost bit me on the ****. So lets get back to the rules, we've seen the teams play now so have some information to play with...

1. No road teams
2. No divisional games
3. No bad QBs

I dont pay any attention to price here. Just keeping it as safe as i can. The Jets travel across the country to take on Oakland in Cali, and i cant even fathom how that football team could muster a win.

$128.87 on OAK h2h @ $1.10
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I reckon your multi has a couple of plucky sides that may well screw that up Piggy.

Texans D is good. Sure the Jags got them, but there was plenty going on off the field for that to be a write off/ forget about it game for them. I don't trust the 'Red Rocket' as far as he can throw it. I think this will be closer than it should be.

Colts stink... but what's up with the Cards?!?! They should win, but then they should have been in the SB conversation last yr and weren't.

I don't trust the Ravens, nor does my die hard Ravens supporter step brother. Browns will win games this yr, and I reckon in the div is more likely than outside of it.

I love my Cowboys, but I'm not that confident scoring on the Denver D, esp at altitude. I don't see where they score points on offense, and while Dan Bailey might be automatic, we are going to need 21+ this week I reckon.

Seattle wasn't good last week, and they are notoriously slow starters to seasons. 49ers are a bad team, but apparently not as bad as many expected. I can totally see and embarrassing loss here.

Raiders will torch the Jets. They have sooooo many weapons. If Carr gets going he wont be stopped. The Jets are awful!
Baywatch
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by Baywatch »

All over Philly +5.5 this week and Titoons to beat the Jags.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I wouldn't be touching Philly +5.5
Without Darby they don't have anyone who can run vertically with Tyreek Hill

At arrowhead, eagles on back to back away games... I mean we've got a punchers chance but I think that line should be -6.5/7.0
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

@Pigman,
What do u think of the Chiefs rookie RB Hunt?

Also, will the Bear rookie Cohen be a flash in the pan? Is he too small?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Hunt was an elite level talent going into the draft, he didnt go high because the class was and has proven to be so god damn good.

Hunt has vision, patience, burst and balance. He's the real god damn deal and he's with a coach who knows how to use a player like him... he's Brian Westbrook on speed.

Cohen is a different beast, i think he's going to be one of those hit and miss guys. he's going to have games... boy he's going to have some games, his twitch is incredible. Long term, incredible upside, short term hit and miss
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Twitch is right. Crazy fast feet.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

@Pigman,
Soooo... guess those Texans were plucky
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Plucky is not what I'd call them
They were exactly who I thought they were, which was straight trash

The bengals however are an ungodly mess. The tackles are not NFL standard and Andy Dalton is playing as bad as any qb in the league

That bengals team is in trouble. Like top 5 pick trouble
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote:Plucky is not what I'd call them
They were exactly who I thought they were, which was straight trash

The bengals however are an ungodly mess. The tackles are not NFL standard and Andy Dalton is playing as bad as any qb in the league

That bengals team is in trouble. Like top 5 pick trouble
They still won, and Watson made a play to confirm why they picked him.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah that run was nice but he's so unrefined as a pocket passer
It's hard to find more than 6-7 wins for this Texans team even with a lights out D