UFC - MMA

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Bard
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: JD

Re: UFC - MMA

Post by Bard »

god it must be hard for some of those guys only getting 10 grand a fight.

anyway, cant wait to see overeem kill JDS. the best boxer in heavyweight vs the best kickboxer in the ufc.

Lets hope overeem brings his k1 knees.. god heavyweight is going to be insane this year.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

I do find the disrespectful attitude of the Diaz brothers to be very off putting, even though I find them both really entertaining to watch.
Bard
Brett Mullins

Post by Bard »

i hate them...and i hope so much that GSP smashes him.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Gus- wrote:i hate them...and i hope so much that GSP smashes him.
I've been looking forward to the day that GSP loses his title for a long time, I used to be a big fan when I first started watching but I've seen too many fights of his that put me to sleep. Now Chael Sonnen is a real ****, but somehow I still want to see him beat Munoz so we can finally see the rematch with Silva.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

About JDS vs Overeem, I've only seen a bit of Alistair before the Lesnar fight but from what I hear he lacks heart and endurance, I think JDS will beat him decisively.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Watching his highlights before the Lesnar fight they showed up a stat saying most of his fights finished in the 1st round. ( cant remember exact figure )

If thats the case then his endurance hasnt been needed but if he does go past 2 rounds then he may struggle.
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Hard to be on their wave length when (I assume) you've had a rather contrasting (for the better) upbringing.

I'm a fan. I like their story. It's good to see two brothers use sport as a method through which to turn their lives around for the better.

Whilst most fighters are overly cocky prior to their respective fights, I think Nick is going a bit over the top with regards to GSP, simply because GSP, IMO, has his measure.

Should make for bloody great viewing!
Bard
Brett Mullins

Post by Bard »

Raider 85 wrote:
Hard to be on their wave length when (I assume) you've had a rather contrasting (for the better) upbringing.

I'm a fan. I like their story. It's good to see two brothers use sport as a method through which to turn their lives around for the better.

Whilst most fighters are overly cocky prior to their respective fights, I think Nick is going a bit over the top with regards to GSP, simply because GSP, IMO, has his measure.

yeah in the end thats what it is all about, the entertainment. dont get me wrong, i think they are great fighters and nate's previous two fights show just how good they can be.

i just dislike the lack of respect. and i know they do it on purpose, but really i just wish i could knock them out myself.
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Gus- wrote:
Raider 85 wrote:

yeah in the end thats what it is all about, the entertainment. dont get me wrong, i think they are great fighters and nate's previous two fights show just how good they can be.

i just dislike the lack of respect. and i know they do it on purpose, but really i just wish i could knock them out myself.
Yeah it's a difficult one. Most of my mates can't stand them either and wouldn't mind tagging them a few times. I might be a bit star struck or something cause have liked them from the time I was lucky to speak with both of them during my visit to Vegas.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Does anyone know whether One or Fuel will be showing UFC on FX 1 on the 20th? Or UFC on FOX 2 on the 28th?
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Not sure , they are showing the Prelims on the 16th of UFC 142
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Just watched 142 this morning, almost all the fights were 1st round finishes so I was a bit disappointed overall by the PPV, the co-main event and main event were very entertaining though.

Rumble is likely going to be cut, I think three strikes and your out is the UFC's policy.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Just to let you all know, UFC on FX - Guillard vs. Miller will be on at 2 pm Saturday on ONE.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I've asked before with no response but ahh well.... is anybody currently training any martial art?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Gerg wrote:I've asked before with no response but ahh well.... is anybody currently training any martial art?
'
Nope. :)

UFC to host an event in Brisbane this year! http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/bri ... 6247622409
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

UFC - MMA

Post by Postman Pat »

Gerg wrote:I've asked before with no response but ahh well.... is anybody currently training any martial art?
Nope, not me. I'll stick with viewing.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Not me , used to , younger days I did Uechi Ryu Karate and 5 years ago I was doing PDS martial arts. Never reached black belt in either , just fell short of reaching brown in both.

Im currently doing crossfit.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Green_Hammock wrote:Just to let you all know, UFC on FX - Guillard vs. Miller will be on at 2 pm Saturday on ONE.

Thanks
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

UFC - MMA

Post by -GD- »

Raidersrawesome wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:Just to let you all know, UFC on FX - Guillard vs. Miller will be on at 2 pm Saturday on ONE.

Thanks

Great news
SirMcSquid
David Furner

Post by SirMcSquid »

I've got a black belt in Origami

:arrow:
banner reluctantly created by fistinz

Member - #8231
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

Green_Hammock wrote:
I've been looking forward to the day that GSP loses his title for a long time, I used to be a big fan when I first started watching but I've seen too many fights of his that put me to sleep. Now Chael Sonnen is a real piece of ****, but somehow I still want to see him beat Munoz so we can finally see the rematch with Silva.
Munoz is injured. Bisping has stepped in, with winner to fight Sliva. The only fighter i dislike more than Sonnen is Bisping lol. Sonnen's wrestling will be too much for Bisping to handle.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

I'm a Bisping fan, I hope he wins but I don't think he will.
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Watching his highlights before the Lesnar fight they showed up a stat saying most of his fights finished in the 1st round. ( cant remember exact figure )

If thats the case then his endurance hasnt been needed but if he does go past 2 rounds then he may struggle.
He looked alright against Werdum in the HW GP. That fight went full 3 rounds.
Green_Hammock wrote:About JDS vs Overeem, I've only seen a bit of Alistair before the Lesnar fight but from what I hear he lacks heart and endurance, I think JDS will beat him decisively.
Im expecting the opposite. Overeem's striking is probably the best the UFC HW division has ever seen. He won the K1 GP! His grappling's not bad either.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

UFC - MMA

Post by Postman Pat »

Green_Hammock wrote:I'm a Bisping fan, I hope he wins but I don't think he will.
I think Bisping will win, his takedown defense is great. If Bisping can keep the fight on its feet he'll win hands down, although Sonnen's wrestling arguably the best in the UFC Bisping finds ways of staying on his feet.
Or maybe I'm just hoping, I like both fighters tbh.

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

knan wrote:
Raidersrawesome wrote:Watching his highlights before the Lesnar fight they showed up a stat saying most of his fights finished in the 1st round. ( cant remember exact figure )

He looked alright against Werdum in the HW GP. That fight went full 3 rounds.
Green_Hammock wrote:About JDS vs Overeem, I've only seen a bit of Alistair before the Lesnar fight but from what I hear he lacks heart and endurance, I think JDS will beat him decisively.
Im expecting the opposite. Overeem's striking is probably the best the UFC HW division has ever seen. He won the K1 GP! His grappling's not bad either.

Overeem has won a heap of fights by submission , his ground work is quite good. Add that to his striking and I think this guy will become one of the greatest I believe
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Re: Re: UFC - MMA

Post by Green_Hammock »

Jason wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:I'm a Bisping fan, I hope he wins but I don't think he will.
I think Bisping will win, his takedown defense is great. If Bisping can keep the fight on its feet he'll win hands down, although Sonnen's wrestling arguably the best in the UFC Bisping finds ways of staying on his feet.
Or maybe I'm just hoping, I like both fighters tbh.
Chael' takedowns are pretty relentless, I don't think bisping will have much time on his feet unless his takedown defense is really that good.

Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Now this is awesome news!

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27045/ufc-tar ... finale.mma

Fingers crossed for Kyle Noke as the Aussie coach, if not Soti.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Remember UFC on FX starts in 10 minutes!
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Green_Hammock wrote:Remember UFC on FX starts in 10 minutes!
recording it. I love UFC but I dont necessarily like all the American gibber before the fights
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Raidersrawesome wrote:
recording it. I love UFC but I dont necessarily like all the American gibber before the fights
I'm really preferring the presentation for this event, Goldberg and Rogan both get pretty annoying so it's good to have an alternative this time.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

That was a pretty cool event. I was impressed with all the fights. This sport is so amazing - the evolution is just incredible from where it all began. The fighters are just so complete these days.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

UFC - MMA

Post by Postman Pat »

Green_Hammock wrote:
Raidersrawesome wrote:
I'm really preferring the presentation for this event, Goldberg and Rogan both get pretty annoying so it's good to have an alternative this time.
I like Gildberg and Rogan, and at least they know what there talking about.

Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Gerg wrote:
That was a pretty cool event. I was impressed with all the fights. This sport is so amazing - the evolution is just incredible from where it all began. The fighters are just so complete these days.
Yeah it was pretty awesome, enjoyed the bantamweight fight the most. Was a bit disappointed with Melvin (a bit of a favourite of mine) not coming out with the victory in the main event, he needed to look for the knockout smarter, he was going for flying knees at every opportunity so Miller easily saw the opportunity for a takedown coming.
Jason wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:
Raidersrawesome wrote:
I like Gildberg and Rogan, and at least they know what there talking about.
Goldberg isn't really what I'd call an expert, Rogan is but he's so opinionated and annoying for me.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Pat Barry has some power , he did well to survive the submission attempts then came out with an over hand punch.

I dont really like Melvin ( like most cocky people ) but he is a talented fighter. I was happy to see Miller win , he took his chance when Melvin didnt

I dont mind the actual commentary of Goldberg and Rogan but I just find the presentation before hand annoying
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

UFC on Fox 2 is on our TVs, Sunday on ONE at 12 (could be 1).