UFC - MMA

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

frank the tank
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: josh miller

Re: UFC - MMA

Post by frank the tank »

Raidersrawesome wrote:How was it FTT? The crowd looked fkn awesome on TV , they were pumped.
mate it was F***ing unbeliveble, every thing in my life can just get better from now on
CONGRATULATIONS
YOU HAVE JUST MET
THE I.C.F
I DON'T NEED AN AWARD TO SHOW WHO I AM
CONTROLED MMA FIGHTING IS WHAT KEEPS ME HAPPY AND IF THATS WRONG THEN I DONT WANT TO BE RIGHT
marcofski
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Gamblor

Post by marcofski »

frank the tank wrote:
Raidersrawesome wrote:How was it FTT? The crowd looked fkn awesome on TV , they were pumped.
mate it was F***ing unbeliveble, every thing in my life can just get better from now on
As far as im concerned frank thats an understatement

As for TeHuna He won the first fight of the night by TKO if I remember correctly in what was a fairly good fight.
Truth be told all fights were top notch bar CroCop vs the ring in punching bag.
My favorite forum member is 100%Green. Why? Because anyone who can convince my wife who runs two watch shops and doesnt realy like the Raiders to buy me a limited edition centenary of league Raiders watch is alright in my books.

It's hard god-damn work being a Raiders supporter!
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

If Te Huna is really serious about being in th UFC long term, he needs to pack his bags and go join a gym in the US. He simply wont have the adequate level of trainers and gym partners here in Aus to reach the level he needs to be in order to advance in the most stacked division in the UFC.
frank the tank
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: josh miller

Post by frank the tank »

knan wrote:If Te Huna is really serious about being in th UFC long term, he needs to pack his bags and go join a gym in the US. He simply wont have the adequate level of trainers and gym partners here in Aus to reach the level he needs to be in order to advance in the most stacked division in the UFC.
im sure he would love to go to the usa and train fulltime but just like the rest of us he probly has bills and family to look after cause belive me there is nothing more i would like to do then pack up and go train over there unfortunitly finances arnt gonna allow me and im guessing its the same with him
CONGRATULATIONS
YOU HAVE JUST MET
THE I.C.F
I DON'T NEED AN AWARD TO SHOW WHO I AM
CONTROLED MMA FIGHTING IS WHAT KEEPS ME HAPPY AND IF THATS WRONG THEN I DONT WANT TO BE RIGHT
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Gerg wrote:Another fan here. Where do you train Frank?
Tim W wrote:that cut to that fella (cant remember which) was horrendous... just parked infront of the tv to watch sports tonight with my dinner and saw that... :nooo

reminded me a bit of the zillman cut a few yrs ago.. only 5x worse
Do you mean Daniel Conn when Weymann smashed him? It was Anthony Perosh, not sure who he replaced at short notice but he was clearly out of his depth. I was very surprised when they let him continue and then in one of the other fights the doctor wouldn't let the guy fight (sorry can't remember which fight) and the cut didn't look as bad.

Who won the grudge match, Hasemann v Sinovic?

What was fight of the night? George?

All in all a great event and without a doubt UFC will be back in this country.
Nah the game in 07 against the roosters where Zillman got split badly and had blood running down his face
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Good card for UFC 111 on the 27th, an interim heavyweight title and St Pierre vs Hardy, could be worth paying for.
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

GSP is a class above everyone else in the WW division, as is A. Silva and BJ Penn in their respective divisions
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Yeh agreed, some quality fighters on this weekend though, im not sure what they are going to do about the Heavyweight division.

Have they actually said what is wrong with Lesnar yet ?
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

Apparently he had a perforated intestine or something. The scary thing is doctors reckon he's been training and fighting at 60% of his full potential as a result of this condition. Winner of Mir/ Carwin to vs Lesnar, but if Lesnar isn't fit in time its winner of Mir/ Carwin vs Velasquez
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Thanks, all of that should be good to watch whichever way it goes...
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Watched it last night, its a shame Lesnar brought that WWE rubbish into the ring after the fight, i'm definately on Carwin if the fight ever happens..
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

In case anyone is interested

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/sh ... K1OCEANI10

Lesnar Carwin confirmed for UFC 116
Inactive
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: JT

Post by Inactive »

Shadow Boxer wrote:Watched it last night, its a shame Lesnar brought that WWE rubbish into the ring after the fight, i'm definately on Carwin if the fight ever happens..
Lesnar was smart and got the win though , but going to ground like that Haaaaaaa hope Carwin knocks him out in the rematch.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Fight of the year this weekend if you ask me, Lesnar V Velasquez. Both high quility wrestlers Velasquez with the power, Lesnar with a proven jaw. Lesnar with the better submission skills, Velasquez will be hard to take down. Cant wait TBH.

I'm not sure who im going for at this stage, Lesnars really growing on me since his reture to fighting and subseqent attitude change.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

the one UFC event i watched involved Velasquez and i immediately thought he and Lesnar would be a strong match up... i think Lensar will win but Velasquez is a **** beast
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

UFC - MMA

Post by Postman Pat »

Nick wrote:the one UFC event i watched involved Velasquez and i immediately thought he and Lesnar would be a strong match up... i think Lensar will win but Velasquez is a **** beast
Lesnar got found out a little in his last fight with Carwin, he can be put down with punches. The big difference is if Velasquez gets Lesnar down he won't stop punching for the 5 rounds. He won't gas like Carwin did, he won't give up a cheap submission. I think Lesnar will win, he is an incredable athlete, but Velasquez's cardio is the best I've seen for man his size and that his only chance.

And just on Lesnar, I'll post a pic when I find the right one but if he's not the modern day carnation of Victor the Viking I need my eyes checked.

Postman Pat
Jason Croker

UFC - MMA

Post by Postman Pat »

100%green
Don Furner

UFC - MMA

Post by 100%green »

Went to the fight today, awesome day and value for money but some of the judges decisions.....
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

Fukuda was robbed!
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

100%green wrote:Went to the fight today, awesome day and value for money but some of the judges decisions.....
I heard somewhere that the UFC has no control over the judges and they are supplied by the sports commission or something like that...

I missed the event because I was at Soundwave that day and tickets sold out too bloody fast anyway, I finally got to watch the event a few hours ago and it was great just about every fight was good and it was especially awesome watching Bisping (possibly my favourite fighter) smash that prick Rivera.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

When does UFC 14 start?
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

B_Hammock wrote:
100%green wrote:Went to the fight today, awesome day and value for money but some of the judges decisions.....
I heard somewhere that the UFC has no control over the judges and they are supplied by the sports commission or something like that...

I missed the event because I was at Soundwave that day and tickets sold out too bloody fast anyway, I finally got to watch the event a few hours ago and it was great just about every fight was good and it was especially awesome watching Bisping (possibly my favourite fighter) smash that prick Rivera.
Thats correct. UFC has no control over judges, refs and drug tests.

Bisping might be up against Belfort or Sonnen next. Hope he gets brutally KO'd again like the Henderson fight. Can't stand Bisping :thumbsdown
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Who here caught UFC 128?? I was a bit underwhelmed by the event except the co-main event and main event were great,
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

B_Hammock wrote:Who here caught UFC 128?? I was a bit underwhelmed by the event except the co-main event and main event were great,
I was shocked at how one sided the ttle fight was. Never seen Shogun get dominated like that before. Jones is going to hold onto the belt for a while.

Sad to see Crocop end his career in that fashion.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Jon Jones fulfilling his destiny and winning the belt was what made that fight good, otherwise it was very one sided and not boring but hopefully his first defense will be more competitive. Faber v Wineland was definetely the fight of the night for me, I like the featherweights and bantamweights.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

B_Hammock wrote:Jon Jones fulfilling his destiny and winning the belt was what made that fight good, otherwise it was very one sided and not boring but hopefully his first defense will be more competitive. Faber v Wineland was definetely the fight of the night for me, I like the featherweights and bantamweights.
Dont hold your breath waiting for a competetive fight invloving Jon Jones, he hasn't had one yet. And there's no one in the division that will trouble him imo. He will destroy Rashed as well, he is what you would call an amazing athlete.

Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Jason wrote:
B_Hammock wrote:Jon Jones fulfilling his destiny and winning the belt was what made that fight good, otherwise it was very one sided and not boring but hopefully his first defense will be more competitive. Faber v Wineland was definetely the fight of the night for me, I like the featherweights and bantamweights.
Dont hold your breath waiting for a competetive fight invloving Jon Jones, he hasn't had one yet. And there's no one in the division that will trouble him imo. He will destroy Rashed as well, he is what you would call an amazing athlete.
Do you think he is going to be as dominate as Anderson Silva?
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

UFC - MMA

Post by Postman Pat »

B_Hammock wrote:
Jason wrote:
Yep, the kids been in the fight game for 4 years now and no one can touch him. He's been wrestling for a long time but he's new to BBJ and MMA. He has now weakeness in his game already. Shogun has fought beaten and lost to some of the best fighters in the world. He was owned in that octagon, he's never been treated like that before. The thing that makes it most impressive IMO is everyone expected it to go like that, Jones went out there and did it, no issues.

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Look like Ultimate Fighter series 13 is on GO Thursday nights
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

Jason wrote:
B_Hammock wrote:
Jason wrote:
Yep, the kids been in the fight game for 4 years now and no one can touch him. He's been wrestling for a long time but he's new to BBJ and MMA. He has now weakeness in his game already. Shogun has fought beaten and lost to some of the best fighters in the world. He was owned in that octagon, he's never been treated like that before. The thing that makes it most impressive IMO is everyone expected it to go like that, Jones went out there and did it, no issues.
Bones is to MMA what Usain Bolt is to track. Both have freakish natural ability, both on another level compared to their rivals, both still young and yet to hit their peak
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Ben "the Guvnr" Edwards on fox sports 1 tonight for the Aus Heavyweight boxing title.

More of a K1 fighter and can get dropped by a body shot in boxing but always entertaining when Ben is in the ring.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Did anyone watch UFC 135? I heard the card wasn't very good so I just watched the main event, it was like a repeat of the Shogun fight, Jon Jones made Rampage his bitch.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

UFC - MMA

Post by Postman Pat »

Green_Hammock wrote:Did anyone watch UFC 135? I heard the card wasn't very good so I just watched the main event, it was like a repeat of the Shogun fight, Jon Jones made Rampage his bitch.
To me it looked like Rampage gave up the submission before it got to the same point as the Shogun fight. Rampage couldn't get near him, did you watch UFC countdown at all? They did a story on his reach, his overall reach is 80% more then your average male. Unbelievable human specimen.

There were some good earlier fights, the altitude really gassed a lot of fighters though.

Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

Jason wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:Did anyone watch UFC 135? I heard the card wasn't very good so I just watched the main event, it was like a repeat of the Shogun fight, Jon Jones made Rampage his bitch.
To me it looked like Rampage gave up the submission before it got to the same point as the Shogun fight. Rampage couldn't get near him, did you watch UFC countdown at all? They did a story on his reach, his overall reach is 80% more then your average male. Unbelievable human specimen.

There were some good earlier fights, the altitude really gassed a lot of fighters though.
I usually watch Countdown but forgot about it this time. Looking forward to UFC 136, seems like it'll be a good show.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde

Post by Green_Hammock »

New UFC Heavyweight Champ, so happy with the result!