The Cricket Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17630
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by -PJ- » August 5, 2019, 7:19 am

We've got em by the Dukes..

They'll collapse like a Sydney apartment block.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

raiderskater
David Furner
Posts: 3118
Joined: July 26, 2015, 8:24 pm
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer
Location: The Land of Lime Green

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by raiderskater » August 5, 2019, 7:33 am

Well, this is a lovely thing to wake up to.

Hopefully we bowl well tonight.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)

julian87
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11405
Joined: October 20, 2005, 3:35 pm

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by julian87 » August 5, 2019, 7:37 am

Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 6:47 am
Paine needs to find ways to covert a score though. Chasing quick-ish runs or not.
That horse has bolted. He has 1 century in 120 first class games 😂
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.

julian87
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11405
Joined: October 20, 2005, 3:35 pm

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by julian87 » August 5, 2019, 7:39 am

Happy that Matt Wade has come in and scored runs. Was very lucky to make it past the start of his innings though some very loose shots early.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.

User avatar
Azza
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6285
Joined: February 16, 2005, 10:12 am

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Azza » August 5, 2019, 8:06 am

-TW- wrote:
August 5, 2019, 1:24 am
Azza wrote:The Wade experiment has started a resounding success
The great man delivers

Never in doubt

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
LOL. Full credit to him. He has worked hard to get back in the team and delivered

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 31942
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » August 5, 2019, 9:33 am

-PJ- wrote:
August 5, 2019, 7:19 am
We've got em by the Dukes..

They'll collapse like a Sydney apartment block.
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 31942
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » August 5, 2019, 9:38 am

julian87 wrote:
August 5, 2019, 7:37 am
Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 6:47 am
Paine needs to find ways to covert a score though. Chasing quick-ish runs or not.
That horse has bolted. He has 1 century in 120 first class games 😂
He has 2, 1 in 1st class and the other an ODI, but yes. TBH, I was more hoping we could at least get a few 50s from our #7 though

julian87
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11405
Joined: October 20, 2005, 3:35 pm

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by julian87 » August 5, 2019, 10:04 am

Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 9:38 am
julian87 wrote:
August 5, 2019, 7:37 am
Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 6:47 am
Paine needs to find ways to covert a score though. Chasing quick-ish runs or not.
That horse has bolted. He has 1 century in 120 first class games 😂
He has 2, 1 in 1st class and the other an ODI, but yes. TBH, I was more hoping we could at least get a few 50s from our #7 though
White ball cricket doesn’t count.

Paine has been one of the most inspired and fruitful test selections in recent years, probably since that of Nathan Lyon which was based on action and style, not numbers.

He has always looked good with the bat. But we have to be realistic. 1 century in 118 first class matches is what he is. He’s a scrapper and if he can keep his average in the high 30s and chip in and help us win that’s a good thing.

Realistically though, even though he’s the captain, it looks like he’s minding that spot until Carey is ready (which I think is further off than most though it must be said. The World Cup runs are a positive though).
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22725
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Northern Raider » August 5, 2019, 11:00 am

Poms have suffered severly with the loss of Anderson. Compounded by the fact that their front line spin bowler is a spud.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Azza
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6285
Joined: February 16, 2005, 10:12 am

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Azza » August 5, 2019, 11:25 am

Their keeper isn't really crash hot either.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 31942
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » August 5, 2019, 11:42 am

julian87 wrote:
August 5, 2019, 10:04 am
Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 9:38 am
julian87 wrote:
August 5, 2019, 7:37 am
Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 6:47 am
Paine needs to find ways to covert a score though. Chasing quick-ish runs or not.
That horse has bolted. He has 1 century in 120 first class games 😂
He has 2, 1 in 1st class and the other an ODI, but yes. TBH, I was more hoping we could at least get a few 50s from our #7 though
White ball cricket doesn’t count.

Paine has been one of the most inspired and fruitful test selections in recent years, probably since that of Nathan Lyon which was based on action and style, not numbers.

He has always looked good with the bat. But we have to be realistic. 1 century in 118 first class matches is what he is. He’s a scrapper and if he can keep his average in the high 30s and chip in and help us win that’s a good thing.

Realistically though, even though he’s the captain, it looks like he’s minding that spot until Carey is ready (which I think is further off than most though it must be said. The World Cup runs are a positive though).
I have liked Paine since he was 'a kid'. Always looked a million bucks at the crease, with great technique. However, like so many keepers injuries can be career defining. In his case, they were nearly catastrophic. The fact that he is even keeping again is amazing, as my understanding was that his hands and fingers were pretty stuffed. The issue he has, and I raised it earlier about the likes of Harris, Bancroft, Wade, etc, but an avg of 35 for a batsmen in the Aussie Test side isnt considered good enough.

As for Carey, not totally sure about that. We have rushed a few youngsters previously and it hasnt worked out initially, but their 2nd stint is usually better. I do think that he needs a taste whenever an opportunity arises though. Guys like Khawaja, Hughes, Cowan (did he have 2 stints?), even Burns looked better in their 2nd stint, because they went away and found out what they need to do to make it. However, Carey is 27, so he isnt exactly a youngster.

Its a tricky situation, as Paine is a stop gap. I think if you went back to Wade, at best its a stop gap as he is nearly 32, at worst its backwards. Using Wade would at least allow you to blood another batsmen somewhere else - Patterson, Labu, Burns etc. So, ultimately, have 2 old warhorses at 6 and 7, OR, blood a youngster at 6 or 7 (Carey).

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17630
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by -PJ- » August 5, 2019, 11:56 am

It's a long day batting trying to save a test match.

10' wickets please...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

julian87
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11405
Joined: October 20, 2005, 3:35 pm

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by julian87 » August 5, 2019, 12:07 pm

What I like about what this test has shown so far is that specialists are key in test matches. England’s weird bit part player mentality could still save them the test match, but it has cost them so far.

Moeen has had a good career but he’s not a frontline spinner. Roy isn’t an opener either. Butler still more suited to one day stuff too.

They missed Anderson and their best performer so far is Burns who is just a specialist opener in his right spot.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17630
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by -PJ- » August 5, 2019, 12:16 pm

There must be a shortage of spin bowlers in ENG if Moeen Ali keeps getting picked..

He's not landing them at all and where's he's batting ? 6 ?

He's not contributing enough.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

julian87
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11405
Joined: October 20, 2005, 3:35 pm

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by julian87 » August 5, 2019, 12:19 pm

Pretty sure he’s #8
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 31942
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » August 5, 2019, 12:26 pm

I was reading on the cricinfo live thing last night, that apparently Ali was their greatest wicket taker at home last yr. I find that completely baffling if true. Must have been the most purple of purple patches. Avging 20 something with the ball. But vs us its like 5 times that. He is batting 7 or 8 ATM too.

Denly looked more threatening as a part timer than Ali. I get the feeling we have demoralized him so much that he has the yips against us. No clue what their spin options look like, but they may need to look elsewhere.

The fact that they have Stokes and to a lesser extent, Denly, means they have been able to cover Anderson's overs, even if they aren't getting the same quality. Stokes has been the partnership breaker in this game though.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 31942
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » August 5, 2019, 12:29 pm

julian87 wrote:
August 5, 2019, 12:07 pm
What I like about what this test has shown so far is that specialists are key in test matches. England’s weird bit part player mentality could still save them the test match, but it has cost them so far.

Moeen has had a good career but he’s not a frontline spinner. Roy isn’t an opener either. Butler still more suited to one day stuff too.

They missed Anderson and their best performer so far is Burns who is just a specialist opener in his right spot.
Is there a sly dig at Bairstow's keeping in that?

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17630
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by -PJ- » August 5, 2019, 12:34 pm

julian87 wrote:
August 5, 2019, 12:19 pm
Pretty sure he’s #8
Sorry..#8

Still stinks.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22725
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Northern Raider » August 5, 2019, 12:48 pm

Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 12:26 pm
I was reading on the cricinfo live thing last night, that apparently Ali was their greatest wicket taker at home last yr. I find that completely baffling if true. Must have been the most purple of purple patches. Avging 20 something with the ball. But vs us its like 5 times that. He is batting 7 or 8 ATM too.
Moeen took 9 wickets in a home test against India last year. I can only assume it's because their batsmen aren't used to playing a slow bowler who doesn't turn it.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

julian87
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11405
Joined: October 20, 2005, 3:35 pm

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by julian87 » August 5, 2019, 12:55 pm

Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 12:29 pm
julian87 wrote:
August 5, 2019, 12:07 pm
What I like about what this test has shown so far is that specialists are key in test matches. England’s weird bit part player mentality could still save them the test match, but it has cost them so far.

Moeen has had a good career but he’s not a frontline spinner. Roy isn’t an opener either. Butler still more suited to one day stuff too.

They missed Anderson and their best performer so far is Burns who is just a specialist opener in his right spot.
Is there a sly dig at Bairstow's keeping in that?
Nah I don’t think he’s their biggest problem though his form the last 12 months isn’t good.

It is very weird that 1 player keeps on tests, 1 in odi though when they’re both in each team isn’t it?

From memory Bairstow is heralded as pretty good as a tactician and help for the captain and normally thought of as good on the review.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.

julian87
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11405
Joined: October 20, 2005, 3:35 pm

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by julian87 » August 5, 2019, 12:56 pm

We have to accept we’ve been very lucky in this match though. If Anderson didn’t tweak his calf there’s a big chance we’d have lost inside 4 days imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22725
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Northern Raider » August 5, 2019, 1:02 pm

julian87 wrote:
August 5, 2019, 12:56 pm
We have to accept we’ve been very lucky in this match though. If Anderson didn’t tweak his calf there’s a big chance we’d have lost inside 4 days imo.
Quite possibly. He was making the ball sing in those few overs he bowled. We'd have been rolled for under 150 in first innings and going into the 2nd facing a 200+ deficit. No way we rattle up that 480 in the 2nd dig if they had a full complement of bowlers.

Won't be easy for us at Lords adding Archer to their attack.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 31942
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » August 5, 2019, 1:29 pm

Northern Raider wrote:
August 5, 2019, 12:48 pm
Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 12:26 pm
I was reading on the cricinfo live thing last night, that apparently Ali was their greatest wicket taker at home last yr. I find that completely baffling if true. Must have been the most purple of purple patches. Avging 20 something with the ball. But vs us its like 5 times that. He is batting 7 or 8 ATM too.
Moeen took 9 wickets in a home test against India last year. I can only assume it's because their batsmen aren't used to playing a slow bowler who doesn't turn it.
That must have been what they were going on about

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 31942
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » August 5, 2019, 1:30 pm

julian87 wrote:
August 5, 2019, 12:55 pm
Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 12:29 pm
julian87 wrote:
August 5, 2019, 12:07 pm
What I like about what this test has shown so far is that specialists are key in test matches. England’s weird bit part player mentality could still save them the test match, but it has cost them so far.

Moeen has had a good career but he’s not a frontline spinner. Roy isn’t an opener either. Butler still more suited to one day stuff too.

They missed Anderson and their best performer so far is Burns who is just a specialist opener in his right spot.
Is there a sly dig at Bairstow's keeping in that?
Nah I don’t think he’s their biggest problem though his form the last 12 months isn’t good.

It is very weird that 1 player keeps on tests, 1 in odi though when they’re both in each team isn’t it?

From memory Bairstow is heralded as pretty good as a tactician and help for the captain and normally thought of as good on the review.
Yep, this one is weird to me. Surely you pick the best gloveman for both. If that is Bairstow, then use him both times. As for tactics etc, it tends to go part and parcel with keeping.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 31942
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » August 5, 2019, 1:31 pm

Northern Raider wrote:
August 5, 2019, 1:02 pm
julian87 wrote:
August 5, 2019, 12:56 pm
We have to accept we’ve been very lucky in this match though. If Anderson didn’t tweak his calf there’s a big chance we’d have lost inside 4 days imo.
Quite possibly. He was making the ball sing in those few overs he bowled. We'd have been rolled for under 150 in first innings and going into the 2nd facing a 200+ deficit. No way we rattle up that 480 in the 2nd dig if they had a full complement of bowlers.

Won't be easy for us at Lords adding Archer to their attack.
Who knows what would have happened, BUT, you'd have to think that England are at least in the box seat right now, rather that fighting for a draw.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 31942
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » August 5, 2019, 1:33 pm

Here is an interesting one for you.

Say we find 10 wickets tonight. Do you think we change the attack?

Also, does Bancroft lose his spot after 1 game? IMO, no, but if he fails in the next he struggles to play the 3rd.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22725
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Northern Raider » August 5, 2019, 1:44 pm

Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 1:33 pm
Here is an interesting one for you.

Say we find 10 wickets tonight. Do you think we change the attack?

Also, does Bancroft lose his spot after 1 game? IMO, no, but if he fails in the next he struggles to play the 3rd.
Bancroft won't get dropped. Wade is the batsman most at risk.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

RedRaider
Steve Walters
Posts: 7358
Joined: March 3, 2007, 7:02 pm

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by RedRaider » August 5, 2019, 1:45 pm

I watched the match until stumps this morning. We get a lead of 398 and have 7 overs to bowl. Who do we give the new ball too? Peter bloody Riddle and GOAT?? Why not our best 2 new ball bowlers?? A joke.

Matt, Bancroft is not good enough to be an Australian opening batsman. He can only be there to fill some WA quota. Imo Burns should be opening. Bancroft to go back to sanding surf boards.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 31942
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » August 5, 2019, 1:51 pm

Northern Raider wrote:
August 5, 2019, 1:44 pm
Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 1:33 pm
Here is an interesting one for you.

Say we find 10 wickets tonight. Do you think we change the attack?

Also, does Bancroft lose his spot after 1 game? IMO, no, but if he fails in the next he struggles to play the 3rd.
Bancroft won't get dropped. Wade is the batsman most at risk.
Unless he goes on a duck hunt, you can lock Wade in for this series after a 100. After that... who knows?!?

As for Bancroft, he gets at least 2 games.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 31942
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » August 5, 2019, 2:00 pm

RedRaider wrote:
August 5, 2019, 1:45 pm
I watched the match until stumps this morning. We get a lead of 398 and have 7 overs to bowl. Who do we give the new ball too? Peter bloody Riddle and GOAT?? Why not our best 2 new ball bowlers?? A joke.

Matt, Bancroft is not good enough to be an Australian opening batsman. He can only be there to fill some WA quota. Imo Burns should be opening. Bancroft to go back to sanding surf boards.
Australia Squad: Tim Paine (c), Travis Head (VC), Patrick Cummins (VC), Cameron Bancroft, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Steven Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner.

Burns isnt an option. Meaning Harris is next up, unless they do some sort of shuffle with Uzi opening for a Marsh, Neser (shudder) or Labu.

I didnt make note of it before but was Head a VC for the SL series? Coz, I got a feeling that he is the next Test captain, with Smith not eligible until March 2021(?). At which point he may as well only be a VC if anything as he is already 30 - though, as has already been shown, Smith is "helping" in the tactics department already. Head is only 25, I feel like he has been around forever.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22725
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Northern Raider » August 5, 2019, 2:37 pm

Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 1:51 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
August 5, 2019, 1:44 pm
Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 1:33 pm
Here is an interesting one for you.

Say we find 10 wickets tonight. Do you think we change the attack?

Also, does Bancroft lose his spot after 1 game? IMO, no, but if he fails in the next he struggles to play the 3rd.
Bancroft won't get dropped. Wade is the batsman most at risk.
Unless he goes on a duck hunt, you can lock Wade in for this series after a 100. After that... who knows?!?

As for Bancroft, he gets at least 2 games.
Since when did scoring a ton secure your spot in the team?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

julian87
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11405
Joined: October 20, 2005, 3:35 pm

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by julian87 » August 5, 2019, 2:40 pm

I honestly have Bancroft about fifth in line for who I’d pick.

Burns
Harris
Renshaw
Khawaja with Patterson

Are all better options imo.

Once again I hope he proves me wrong though.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 31942
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » August 5, 2019, 3:11 pm

Northern Raider wrote:
August 5, 2019, 2:37 pm
Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 1:51 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
August 5, 2019, 1:44 pm
Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 1:33 pm
Here is an interesting one for you.

Say we find 10 wickets tonight. Do you think we change the attack?

Also, does Bancroft lose his spot after 1 game? IMO, no, but if he fails in the next he struggles to play the 3rd.
Bancroft won't get dropped. Wade is the batsman most at risk.
Unless he goes on a duck hunt, you can lock Wade in for this series after a 100. After that... who knows?!?

As for Bancroft, he gets at least 2 games.
Since when did scoring a ton secure your spot in the team?
Thats why I added 'for the series... after that who knows?!?' :D

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 31942
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » August 5, 2019, 3:14 pm

julian87 wrote:
August 5, 2019, 2:40 pm
I honestly have Bancroft about fifth in line for who I’d pick.

Burns
Harris
Renshaw
Khawaja with Patterson

Are all better options imo.

Once again I hope he proves me wrong though.
Im loathed to move Khawaja and Smith, but I think Patterson is a better player than any of the rest. The question is, who bats 3? Patterson? Or does everyone shuffle up 1, to slot Patterson in at 5 or 6?

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22725
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Northern Raider » August 5, 2019, 3:41 pm

Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 3:11 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
August 5, 2019, 2:37 pm
Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 1:51 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
August 5, 2019, 1:44 pm
Matt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 1:33 pm
Here is an interesting one for you.

Say we find 10 wickets tonight. Do you think we change the attack?

Also, does Bancroft lose his spot after 1 game? IMO, no, but if he fails in the next he struggles to play the 3rd.
Bancroft won't get dropped. Wade is the batsman most at risk.
Unless he goes on a duck hunt, you can lock Wade in for this series after a 100. After that... who knows?!?

As for Bancroft, he gets at least 2 games.
Since when did scoring a ton secure your spot in the team?
Thats why I added 'for the series... after that who knows?!?' :D
Doesn't even secure your spot for the next test does it?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

Post Reply