-PJ- wrote:We stink..
Personal hygiene thread thanks PJ
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
julian87
Laurie Daley

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by julian87 »

It was frustrating viewing as an Aussie fan but **** you have to give credit to their 7 and 8. Was a wonderful counterpunching partnership. What test cricket is all about.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Sid wrote: January 17, 2021, 8:33 pm
-PJ- wrote:We stink..
Personal hygiene thread thanks PJ
Nuts to that, we stink.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

julian87 wrote: January 18, 2021, 6:23 am It was frustrating viewing as an Aussie fan but **** you have to give credit to their 7 and 8. Was a wonderful counterpunching partnership. What test cricket is all about.
Yup
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I seriously can't see us winning this match or series, and don't think we deserve to. If any team does, it's India.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Yep India deserve to retain the trophy. Gotta question some of the tactics from this series, whether it's Captain or Coach for Australia?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Day 4

AUS 0/21

Warner 20*
Harris 1*

Lead by 54

Here we go !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Pitch is an absolute road

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Absolutely, if Australia is getting a 76 run opening stand and counting, it must be a road.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Aussies have the right approach this morning. Playing shots and making sure the scoreboard is ticking over. If they are any chance they need to build a decent lead in by the end of the day.

Weather likely to render the the effort a moot one.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

They equally are just as capable of collapsing and putting India in the box seat
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

2 quick wickets, and India are back in it.
Harris 38
Warner 48
The bromance in effect now
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Sundar bowling well. Getting some turn and used a nice arm ball to get Warner. Lyon will be happy with what he's seeing.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Smith has shown his intent early. 2nd ball goes charging down and hitting over midwicket.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: January 18, 2021, 11:03 am Smith has shown his intent early. 2nd ball goes charging down and hitting over midwicket.
Was his 1st ball in fact.
Going at just over 3.5 and over ATM. At this rate, a 350 lead just after Tea is achievable. I reckon thats what they will want. History says you cant chase more than 236 apparently for the win. However, there are draw totals larger than that.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Lol. Wade is useless
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

And there walks Matthew Wade..FOR THE VERY LAST TIME !!!!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

2 more quick wickets, in the same over in fact.
Labu has an innings where he isnt dropped. He got 25 from 22 balls.
Now Wade, and with that, his Test career might be done. 3 ball duck.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

India into 6.50, might be worth a look

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

For all you budding cricketers out there dreaming of representing your country..never give up.

MWade has had a go..there’s hope.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Another Indian injured.

Anyone left on the bench ?

A 5th stringer maybe.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

That'll do for Wade. They wanted to bring in Pucovski and it was between him and Head to see who made way. He's not taken that lifeline so in the absence of alternative Head deserves a recall.

As a comparison between the two.

Career Test Average:
Wade 29.87
Head 39.75

Recent form (since Ashes):

Wade 15 innings, 390 runs @ 30.00 with 1 x 50
Head 9 innings 299 runs @33.22 with 1 x 100 and 1 x 50

While Head's numbers are not sensational he's out performed Wade in every category. Another factor is their age. Wade is 33 and Head is 27. If you need to retain one of them Head is the better option. At least until somebody else earns a crack via runs in first class cricket.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Green has walked out to bat 7 times for Australia. 5 of those we for 4 for less than 150. The other 2 were 200+. So, thats a trial by fire for the young man.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I would also pick Usman over Wade. Wade had a good Ashes but even then not sure his centuries were match defining... too many lost chances to persist with him.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Northern Raider wrote:That'll do for Wade. They wanted to bring in Pucovski and it was between him and Head to see who made way. He's not taken that lifeline so in the absence of alternative Head deserves a recall.

Career Test Average:
Wade 29.87
Head 39.75

While Head's numbers are not sensational he's out performed Wade in every category. Another factor is their age. Wade is 33 and Head is 27. If you need to retain one of them Head is the better option. At least until somebody else earns a crack via runs in first class cricket.
Until Head scores runs against an attack of note then it's a moot point imo.

His hundreds came against one of the worst National attacks I've seen, and a NZ attack which was pretty lifeless in Melbourne once the moisture went out of the deck.

The thing in Wade's favour is he has 2 hundreds in England, and until Head is able to go back to shield and score millions to get another look in, I doubt Wade will go anywhere

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Azza wrote: January 18, 2021, 11:59 am I would also pick Usman over Wade. Wade had a good Ashes but even then not sure his centuries were match defining... too many lost chances to persist with him.
Right now, you could open with Uzi or Puc. The other goes to 5. I wouldnt hate that move either, however, I dont see us going back to Uzi, coz we went to Harris instead in this game.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Matt wrote: January 18, 2021, 12:02 pm
Azza wrote: January 18, 2021, 11:59 am I would also pick Usman over Wade. Wade had a good Ashes but even then not sure his centuries were match defining... too many lost chances to persist with him.
Right now, you could open with Uzi or Puc. The other goes to 5. I wouldnt hate that move either, however, I dont see us going back to Uzi, coz we went to Harris instead in this game.
None of the options are particularly convincing are they. it's a sad state of affairs
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

-TW- wrote: January 18, 2021, 12:02 pm
Northern Raider wrote:That'll do for Wade. They wanted to bring in Pucovski and it was between him and Head to see who made way. He's not taken that lifeline so in the absence of alternative Head deserves a recall.

Career Test Average:
Wade 29.87
Head 39.75

His hundreds came against one of the worst National attacks I've seen, and a NZ attack which was pretty lifeless in Melbourne once the moisture went out of the deck.

The thing in Wade's favour is he has 2 hundreds in England, and until Head is able to go back to shield and score millions to get another look in, I doubt Wade will go anywhere

If we're talking scenarios then Wade's 1st ton in England was 2nd innings against an undermanned attack after Anderson got injured early. His other ton was a good one even though we lost the test. No other batsman passed 25 in that innings.

Problem is since then he's done bugger all. Both Wade and Head played in all the same matches since and Head has outperformed him.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Azza wrote: January 18, 2021, 12:05 pm
Matt wrote: January 18, 2021, 12:02 pm
None of the options are particularly convincing are they. it's a sad state of affairs
Henriques is currently in the squad so you would assume he's next in line. Problem is he's not really cut it at test level before and is already at the back end of his career (turning 34).

We need Patterson to get some runs when the Shield comp resumes.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: January 18, 2021, 12:45 pm
-TW- wrote: January 18, 2021, 12:02 pm

Career Test Average:
Wade 29.87
Head 39.75

If we're talking scenarios then Wade's 1st ton in England was 2nd innings against an undermanned attack after Anderson got injured early. His other ton was a good one even though we lost the test. No other batsman passed 25 in that innings.

Problem is since then he's done bugger all. Both Wade and Head played in all the same matches since and Head has outperformed him.
Agreed.
We certainly need CA to get some focus back on the red ball stuff ASAP. It appears to be slim pickings ATM, esp in the batting department.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Have a quick slap, get to 300+ lead and get on with it

Storm sitting north starting to brew

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

-TW- wrote: January 18, 2021, 2:09 pm Have a quick slap, get to 300+ lead and get on with it

Storm sitting north starting to brew

The way the pitch is starting to behave, anything over 300 will really tough, anything over 350 will be almost impossible, 400 is far too many.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Reckon they already have enough. Pitch is very up and down now. Hard to see them getting those runs against our attack. Depending on how long this rain delay is they might even declare before resumtion.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Doesn't look like it will last long, maybe another 10-20 mins based off the radar

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: January 18, 2021, 2:46 pm Reckon they already have enough. Pitch is very up and down now. Hard to see them getting those runs against our attack. Depending on how long this rain delay is they might even declare before resumtion.
I reckon they will want the psychological 300 barrier passed. So 25-75 more. Give or take time lost to rain