The Cricket Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18467
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by -PJ- » December 13, 2019, 7:55 pm

AUS all out for 416.
It's tea time, they're all having a cuppa.

NZ to bat very soon.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
Makaveli
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6104
Joined: January 16, 2005, 9:49 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Makaveli » December 13, 2019, 8:07 pm

New Zealand are really good man

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 32906
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » December 13, 2019, 8:19 pm

2 quick wickets, then....

Hazelwood just limped off.

User avatar
Makaveli
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6104
Joined: January 16, 2005, 9:49 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Makaveli » December 13, 2019, 8:23 pm

Should have been 3 except Cummins can't throw

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


User avatar
zim
Steve Walters
Posts: 7183
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by zim » December 13, 2019, 8:47 pm

Matty Wade putting on a clinic.

User avatar
Makaveli
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6104
Joined: January 16, 2005, 9:49 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Makaveli » December 13, 2019, 8:58 pm

He bowls an alright ball

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23734
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Northern Raider » December 13, 2019, 9:35 pm

Makaveli wrote:
December 13, 2019, 8:58 pm
He bowls an alright ball

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
He's a better bowler than a lot of people realise. Surprised he hasn't been called on more since coming in as a batsman. He might need to now with Aussies down to just 2 seamers.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

gergreg
Steve Walters
Posts: 7501
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by gergreg » December 13, 2019, 9:46 pm

Now that's a brilliant catch.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15551
Joined: June 21, 2008, 3:04 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: Sydney

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by yeh raiders » December 13, 2019, 9:48 pm

What a phenomenal catch, love it.

And to think we apparently weren’t sold on Mitch Starc not that long ago. Ridiculous

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 32906
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » December 13, 2019, 9:51 pm

Special catch by Smith

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23734
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Northern Raider » December 13, 2019, 9:55 pm

Smith takes those regularly. Drops the ones straight to him.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15551
Joined: June 21, 2008, 3:04 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: Sydney

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by yeh raiders » December 13, 2019, 10:17 pm

Ahhh Starcy ... what a man

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 32906
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » December 13, 2019, 10:18 pm

Starc on yet another hat trick

RedRaider
Steve Walters
Posts: 7635
Joined: March 3, 2007, 7:02 pm

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by RedRaider » December 14, 2019, 5:24 am

Australia have the Kiwis 5 down at stumps with a lead of a little over 300 going into Day 3. Both sides are down a pace bowler due to injury. It didn't look good for Hazlewood. Unable to complete his over due to hamstring problem on the left leg. I don't expect him to bowl again this match. A shame for him because he was bowling very well and had already taken a wicket. James Pattinson his likely replacement in coming tests. Although with Hohns as a selector we could see Peter Siddle get yet another run.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18467
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by -PJ- » December 14, 2019, 6:14 am

AUS well on top after 2 days..

And Steve Smith..get him up here !!!!

They were saying on ABC radio yesterday that James Pattinson is at the WACA and is staying in Perth for concussion cover for the bowlers...interesting..😜
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23734
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Northern Raider » December 14, 2019, 3:26 pm

-PJ- wrote:
December 14, 2019, 6:14 am
AUS well on top after 2 days..

And Steve Smith..get him up here !!!!

They were saying on ABC radio yesterday that James Pattinson is at the WACA and is staying in Perth for concussion cover for the bowlers...interesting..😜
Word is Hazelwood only thinks it's his hammy and it's actually concussion.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 32906
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » December 14, 2019, 3:59 pm

Northern Raider wrote:
December 14, 2019, 3:26 pm
-PJ- wrote:
December 14, 2019, 6:14 am
AUS well on top after 2 days..

And Steve Smith..get him up here !!!!

They were saying on ABC radio yesterday that James Pattinson is at the WACA and is staying in Perth for concussion cover for the bowlers...interesting..😜
Word is Hazelwood only thinks it's his hammy and it's actually concussion.
:roflmao

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 32906
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » December 14, 2019, 4:02 pm

Anyone else see the butchered runout by Paine?

Flem and Punter said it was Lyons fault initially. With a wide-ish bounce throw.

Flem revised his thoughts saying Labu being over the stumps is why he did.

IMO, bounce throw or not, the guy with the gloves should take that every single time. No excuses. It's not like it was a bad bounce.

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30857
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by -TW- » December 14, 2019, 5:00 pm

Labuschagne gets in the way

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk


RedRaider
Steve Walters
Posts: 7635
Joined: March 3, 2007, 7:02 pm

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by RedRaider » December 14, 2019, 6:20 pm

Matt wrote:
December 14, 2019, 4:02 pm
Anyone else see the butchered runout by Paine?

Flem and Punter said it was Lyons fault initially. With a wide-ish bounce throw.

Flem revised his thoughts saying Labu being over the stumps is why he did.

IMO, bounce throw or not, the guy with the gloves should take that every single time. No excuses. It's not like it was a bad bounce.
I'm with you Matt. That should have been easy. Keeper has to take the ball before he tries to knock off a bail.
Paine-ful we didn't convert that but in the end it didn't cost much.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 32906
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » December 14, 2019, 6:25 pm

RedRaider wrote:
December 14, 2019, 6:20 pm
Matt wrote:
December 14, 2019, 4:02 pm
Anyone else see the butchered runout by Paine?

Flem and Punter said it was Lyons fault initially. With a wide-ish bounce throw.

Flem revised his thoughts saying Labu being over the stumps is why he did.

IMO, bounce throw or not, the guy with the gloves should take that every single time. No excuses. It's not like it was a bad bounce.
I'm with you Matt. That should have been easy. Keeper has to take the ball before he tries to knock off a bail.
Paine-ful we didn't convert that but in the end it didn't cost much.
Great pun.
And yes, lucky

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30857
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by -TW- » December 14, 2019, 10:10 pm

Travis Head spuds up again

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Makaveli
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6104
Joined: January 16, 2005, 9:49 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Makaveli » December 14, 2019, 10:33 pm

Can we get rid of Head yet

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23734
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Northern Raider » December 15, 2019, 1:34 pm

Makaveli wrote:
December 14, 2019, 10:33 pm
Can we get rid of Head yet

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Only if you can find somebody better. Those are hard to come by right now.

Even more disturbing is Langer has said Siddle is under consideration to replace Hazelwood in Melbourne.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18467
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by -PJ- » December 15, 2019, 3:08 pm

Day 4.

We're back on.

Wade and Cummins facing the music..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18467
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by -PJ- » December 15, 2019, 3:58 pm

AUS have declared their 2nd innings at 9/217.

Which means our brothers across the dutch need 468 runs to win this test match..

Unlikely..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30857
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by -TW- » December 15, 2019, 5:05 pm

2/31 at tea

Lyon got Williamson with his first ball

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk



User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23734
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Northern Raider » December 15, 2019, 5:17 pm

Pitch is playing some tricks now. Lyon will exploit the rough and the quicks only need to bowl back of a length at off stump. Test as good as over.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 32906
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » December 15, 2019, 6:17 pm

Northern Raider wrote:
December 15, 2019, 5:17 pm
Pitch is playing some tricks now. Lyon will exploit the rough and the quicks only need to bowl back of a length at off stump. Test as good as over.
Latham and Taylor did well to survive that spell from Cummins.

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30857
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by -TW- » December 15, 2019, 6:57 pm

Northern Raider wrote:Pitch is playing some tricks now. Lyon will exploit the rough and the quicks only need to bowl back of a length at off stump. Test as good as over.
Watling cop one off the crack into the grill

If they last til tomorrow, it won't go for long

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 32906
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » December 15, 2019, 7:12 pm

-TW- wrote:
December 15, 2019, 6:57 pm
Northern Raider wrote:Pitch is playing some tricks now. Lyon will exploit the rough and the quicks only need to bowl back of a length at off stump. Test as good as over.
Watling cop one off the crack into the grill

If they last til tomorrow, it won't go for long

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Agreed

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 32906
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Matt » December 15, 2019, 7:43 pm

Am I seeing that right?!?
Paine got a review correct?

User avatar
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15551
Joined: June 21, 2008, 3:04 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: Sydney

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by yeh raiders » December 15, 2019, 7:43 pm

Absurd review from Nicholls lol.

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30857
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by -TW- » December 15, 2019, 7:44 pm

Yeah **** was that

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Makaveli
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6104
Joined: January 16, 2005, 9:49 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Makaveli » December 15, 2019, 7:51 pm

So many plodders in this New Zealand team

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


Post Reply