Moderator: GH Moderators

beetlejuice
David Furner
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: The Motorsport Thread

Post by beetlejuice » September 5, 2019, 5:33 pm

raiderskater wrote:
September 1, 2019, 11:56 am
May Anthoine Hubert rest in peace. He was only 22, had won two races this season and had several offers from the better F2 teams for next year.

The other F2 race this weekend was cancelled and they will have a minute's silence ahead of the GP tonight.
A stark reminder that motorsport can never truely be safe. I usually dont watch F2, but found myself watching that race. It was quite confronting when i realised i had just watched a man die. He was a great talent and a loss for the future.

But as is custom in motorsport, the show must go on. Daniel Ricciardo said he almost didnt race on sunday, and im glad he did. When a driver starts feeling his mortality then hes one step permanently out of the car.

Watching Charles Leclerc win and win convincingly reminded me that the generation shift is on. The young drivers are here and are making their presence known. Its a joy to know that when Hamilton goes (and i suppose Vettel too) that the sport is in great hands.
Love the Raiders, Hate The NRL.

raiderskater
David Furner
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater » September 5, 2019, 9:18 pm

Le Clerc winning on Sunday had a similar feeling to Lowndes winning Bathurst after Peter Brock died. It was the only appropriate result, the sort of moment where you feel maybe, just maybe, there could be some higher power taking a hand in things.

Motorsport-wise, anyway.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead » September 6, 2019, 7:37 pm

Counting the weeks down to the Aussie Motogp, my first time down.
Leave from work(Newcastle area) Wednesday ride to Wodonga, Thursday over the snowys to lakes entrance, Friday to the track before lunch, Saturday and Sunday till lunch at the track then ride to Cann River, Monday home via Canberra.
Lots of riding.
Edrick The Entertainer

raiderskater
David Furner
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater » September 8, 2019, 10:57 am

Oh no.

Juan Manuel Correa, the other driver involved in the crash, broke both legs and has spinal cord damage, and now has suffered respiratory complications and been placed in an induced coma: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... ine-hubert
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)

Coastalraider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider » September 9, 2019, 2:25 pm

Coastalraider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider » September 9, 2019, 2:26 pm

raiderskater wrote:
September 8, 2019, 10:57 am
Oh no.

Juan Manuel Correa, the other driver involved in the crash, broke both legs and has spinal cord damage, and now has suffered respiratory complications and been placed in an induced coma: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... ine-hubert
Yeah terrible stuff.

From the footage I saw it didnt look like simple leg fractures - Im not surprised there were ongoing complications.

The poor families.