egglestone is stand alone I believe but dumbrell is a part owner of 888

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: The Motorsport Thread

Post by Sossman »

bonehead wrote:egglestone is stand alone I believe but dumbrell is a part owner of 888

All the EMS cara are ex-Triple 8 chassis. I'm sure there is a tech sharing and support 'understanding' in place that keeps Dumbrell in a drive and match-fit for the Enduros.

To be fair... most holden based chassis getting around have some level of Triple 8 DNA.

Love or (most likely) hate Roland Dane... bloke knows how to motorsport.
4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Whoever is responsible for the Tapatalk preview pic... shame... and fix it up! Image

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

greeneyed wrote:Whoever is responsible for the Tapatalk preview pic... shame... and fix it up! Image

Wasn't me for once. Here is a replacement.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Dumbrell owns the group which owns Autobarn so much not sure about co-owner, but major sponsor
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Been a DJR fan since I was a little kid, always a favourite even during their rough years so pretty stoked to see them back competing. Scott McLaughlin for mine is just at another level both pace wise and likability. Very level head on his shoulders for a young guy.

Outside of that love watching more of the mid field racing / qualifying. I wish they would focus a bit more airtime on that aspect similar to why was done recently with the qualifying format in Tassie.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I don’t mind the Nissan’s either. I used to race Datsuns when I was a teen at Candelo and Moruya Speedways, so have a soft spot for Nissan.

Mrs Fui gives me stick because she thinks I like everyone in V8. But if GRM raced Nissan’s, and hired Scotty Mac and SVG, all my favourites would be in 1 team lol

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Yeah, apparently if he didn’t get the TR drive, that was it for him.

Add Blanchard to the list too

Did not know that about Blanchard and would never have guessed. From his performances in recent years I assumed he was paying for his seat as he does seem to be on a different leave not only to his team mates but to the rest of the field.

More chance of SVG having an incident free weekend then that occurring!

I am lucky the other half loves her motorsports.

Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Great race from Scotty Mc and Rick Kelly today.

RBHRT in some ominous form though. SVG would be spewing about that power steering failure.

Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

Sossman wrote:Great race from Scotty Mc and Rick Kelly today.

RBHRT in some ominous form though. SVG would be spewing about that power steering failure.
Quick in a straight line. Also very quick out of the pit lane Image

Tomorrow will be interesting. Fingers crossed DJRTP can replicate their qualifying from Saturday and actually start 1 and 2.

Will be interesting to see how team politics play out at 888 with the team orders. Lowndes should have just overtaken him legitimately and he would not have had to worry about it yet there is all this rot in the team and the field with partnerships which should be knocked on the head. Saw it at Newcastle and now already again so early in the season.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Quick in a straight line. Also very quick out of the pit lane

Tomorrow will be interesting. Fingers crossed DJRTP can replicate their qualifying from Saturday and actually start 1 and 2.

Will be interesting to see how team politics play out at 888 with the team orders. Lowndes should have just overtaken him legitimately and he would not have had to worry about it yet there is all this rot in the team and the field with partnerships which should be knocked on the head. Saw it at Newcastle and now already again so early in the season.

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Quick in a straight line. Also very quick out of the pit lane

Nickman's love of NSW
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Christ almighty, whats doing with the triple posting Ricko..
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Rick is Fui Fui?

This is outrageous!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Rick
Steve Walters

The Motorsport Thread

Post by Rick »

I don’t even want to be a Fui Fui.

Good race today, something to watch all the way to the end which is always good.

Tickford have some work to do and WAU are not anywhere near where they thought they were. Good weekend.

Now roll on the F1

Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Rick wrote:I don’t even want to be a Fui Fui.

Good race today, something to watch all the way to the end which is always good.

Tickford have some work to do and WAU are not anywhere near where they thought they were. Good weekend.

Now roll on the F1

Tickford are nowhere. Faffing around while the careers of Mostert and Frosty slowly ebb away.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

They started to show promise end of last year but they've regressed backwards

Will be interesting to see who ford choose as the factory team in 2019, at this rate you'd say DJRTP
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

-TW- wrote:They started to show promise end of last year but they've regressed backwards

Will be interesting to see who ford choose as the factory team in 2019, at this rate you'd say DJRTP
Well with Penske in one corner and Tim Edwards being a complete porkchop in the other corner, I think you're spot on so far.

Penske and Cindric made that Mustang deal happen. Used their NASCAR leverage perfectly.

There were some very early rumours of Penske switching to Toyota in the US and bringing Camry and Toyota V8s to Supercars.

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I'm somewhat perplexed by the notion that Lowndes was given orders by Red Bull.

I thought he had his own team now and was fully independent of Red Bull? If not, what is going on there? What authority do they have to be giving Lowndes orders?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Nope it's still all 1 team, he's using the 3rd licence so he has to share with Tekno who are T8s main customer

I thought the call was fair enough, SVG was told to give him the position on the proviso he could get Kelly. He couldn't so I think it's fair enough, he didn't earn the spot

Granted he probably would of got SVG anyway but he was no chance of getting to Kelly without SVG getting out of the way
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

-TW- wrote:Nope it's still all 1 team, he's using the 3rd licence so he has to share with Tekno who are T8s main customer

I thought the call was fair enough, SVG was told to give him the position on the proviso he could get Kelly. He couldn't so I think it's fair enough, he didn't earn the spot

Granted he probably would of got SVG anyway but he was no chance of getting to Kelly without SVG getting out of the way
RBHRT needed to make that call anyway. SVG is a better chance than Lowndes to win the title.

It's a team sport.

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Lowndes and RBHT aren’t on the same team even if they’re under the same umbrella of ownership. Lowndes had a lot more pace then svg at that point, he would’ve had him anyway. There’s a lot of stink in some sports about match fixing (particularly NRL) and how it plays against bets being made

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Sid wrote:Lowndes and RBHT aren’t on the same team even if they’re under the same umbrella of ownership. Lowndes had a lot more pace then svg at that point, he would’ve had him anyway. There’s a lot of stink in some sports about match fixing (particularly NRL) and how it plays against bets being made

Likely team orders are absolutely factored in to betting odds. Look how Vettel is always at shorter odds than Raikkonen, even if he qualifies behind him.

To be fair, Lowndes was only kept in the T8 fold to appease holden and not breach craig's existing contract when they poached SVG from Tekno. Also gives T8 another source of set-up data ;)

RBHRT cars are the priority... and when you have SVG and J-Dub steering for you so they should be.

Sent from my couch using the interwebs

Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

Sossman wrote:
Sid wrote:Lowndes and RBHT aren’t on the same team even if they’re under the same umbrella of ownership. Lowndes had a lot more pace then svg at that point, he would’ve had him anyway. There’s a lot of stink in some sports about match fixing (particularly NRL) and how it plays against bets being made

Likely team orders are absolutely factored in to betting odds. Look how Vettel is always at shorter odds than Raikkonen, even if he qualifies behind him.

To be fair, Lowndes was only kept in the T8 fold to appease holden and not breach craig's existing contract when they poached SVG from Tekno. Also gives T8 another source of set-up data ;)

RBHRT cars are the priority... and when you have SVG and J-Dub steering for you so they should be.

Sent from my couch using the interwebs
I get what you are saying however that’s completely against the rules. I understand some cars / team mates will let’s others past at times for whatever reason and that is difficult to call team orders on however to redress that is just blatant and disgraceful.

Scrap the rule or enforce it. Needs to be stamped out before we get to a scenario where team mates are let past easy and opposition teams are purposefully held up and hindered (Newcastle 2017).

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Seems like Craig was stitched up by his engineer

https://www.facebook.com/supercars/vide ... 225174506/
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Ricciardo in a serious purple patch of form. Pace from Azerbaijan Pratice is quick.

I think it's more and more likely he'll be in a Ferrari next year.

A) He has beaten Vettel before and would be backing himself to do it again.

B) If he waits too long at Red Bull, he risks falling behind Verstappen when the later finds consistency to match his raw pace.

C) Renault engines are awful and Red Bull is strongly rumoured to use Honda engines (more awful) in the next season.

D) Ferrari have been recruiting technical talent well and are on the ascendency. Arrivabene is building a formidable team.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah I think Ferrari makes the most sense. Would be interesting to see if Ferrari back Vettel as outright #1 driver.

I’m kind of confused with Red Bull using Honda next year. They are heavily sponsored by Aston Martin, and there were rumours if Aston makes a return in 2020, Red Bull would seek the team to them, and stay on as a sponsor. If that’s true, why bother switching to Honda for 1 season?

Nickman's love of NSW
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Aston Martin will probably just rebadge Honda engines as their own until the new regulations kick in 2021. Not without precedent.

They are getting rid of the MGU-H, and beefing up the MGU-K and boost.

Would be lunacy for Aston Martin to blow big dollars developing a whole engine package only to have to change it in 2 years.

Plus Aston Martin, while a luxury car maker, probably doesn't have huge sums of spare cash to throw at a full tilt F1 program.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Danny Ric to Mercedes instead of that bum Bottas

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Sossman wrote:Aston Martin will probably just rebadge Honda engines as their own until the new regulations kick in 2021. Not without precedent.

Would be lunacy for Aston Martin to blow big dollars developing a whole engine package only to have to change it in 2 years.

Plus Aston Martin, while a luxury car maker, probably doesn't have huge sums of spare cash to throw at a full tilt F1 program.

You would think if they were going to do that, they’d rebadge a Merc engine, since Merc part owns Aston

Nickman's love of NSW
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Sossman wrote:Aston Martin will probably just rebadge Honda engines as their own until the new regulations kick in 2021. Not without precedent.

You would think if they were going to do that, they’d rebadge a Merc engine, since Merc part owns Aston
Red Bull tried to get Mercedes customer engines. Lauda and Toto gave a massive **** no to that.

The Red Bull is still the best chassis and aero package. A RB14 with a Merc engine would thump the factory mercs. Self defeating if you're Mercedes AMG

raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

I'd have Dan at Ferrari. Vettel seems to have matured a little, I think he'd be more than okay with Dan in the other seat.

What I don't get are the people saying he should go to Mercedes because Vettel wouldn't allow a rival in the other seat but Hamilton would. Um, excuse me? Have those people been watching F1 in the last few years? Hamilton throws a sulky tantrum every time he gets beaten by his teammate. He would outright refuse someone as quick as Dan in the other seat!
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

raiderskater wrote:I'd have Dan at Ferrari. Vettel seems to have matured a little, I think he'd be more than okay with Dan in the other seat.

What I don't get are the people saying he should go to Mercedes because Vettel wouldn't allow a rival in the other seat but Hamilton would. Um, excuse me? Have those people been watching F1 in the last few years? Hamilton throws a sulky tantrum every time he gets beaten by his teammate. He would outright refuse someone as quick as Dan in the other seat!
Spot on so far.

raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

The more experienced, likeable, loveable older Aussie getting crashed into by the younger hotheaded, arrogant, golden-haired brat beloved by Marko and Red Bull with no consequences for the latter.

I have a very sinking feeling I've watched this movie before...

raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

OH my god, THIS RACE BLOWS.

Not just the Webber/Vettel redux, but now Bottas gets a stupid puncture and stupid sulky brat Hamilton is gift-wrapped a win he absolutely does not deserve.