The Motorsport Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Re: The Formula 1 / MotoGP / WRC Thread

Post by LP Raider »

For those of you who don't want stay up until 12 to watch the japan grand prix I will update the result.

Webber is currently 2nd after 14 laps, with Vettel first and Webbers main rival Alonso 3rd.
WorkChoice
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Japanese grand prix results

1 Vettel
2 Webber
3 Alonso
4 Buton

I think Vettel is now 14 points behind Webber in the championshi with 2 races to go.
WorkChoice
beetlejuice
David Furner
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by beetlejuice »

LP Raider wrote:Japanese grand prix results

1 Vettel
2 Webber
3 Alonso
4 Buton

I think Vettel is now 14 points behind Webber in the championshi with 2 races to go.
3 races to go. Korea, Brazil and Abu Dhabi.

Webber is 14 points ahead of both Vettel and Alonso. He needs to out score them in the next race to give him a great chance for the title.
Love the Raiders, Hate The NRL.
beetlejuice
David Furner

Post by beetlejuice »

Lewis hamilton is now 28 points behind Webber, i give him buckleys chance of winning from here :cry:
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

The Formula 1 / MotoGP / WRC Thread

Post by Postman Pat »

beetlejuice wrote:Lewis hamilton is now 28 points behind Webber, i give him buckleys chance of winning from here :cry:
Hamilton was flying before he lost 3rd gear, it cost him points today I'm so sad for the pom. I don't know why Webber didn't push Vettel more he had the car speed. Vettels already shown when the spots are swapped he's willing to do anything to pass Webber, dirty German. I would have like to see Webber right up Vettel.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
beetlejuice
David Furner

Post by beetlejuice »

Jason wrote:
beetlejuice wrote:Lewis hamilton is now 28 points behind Webber, i give him buckleys chance of winning from here :cry:
Hamilton was flying before he lost 3rd gear, it cost him points today I'm so sad for the pom. I don't know why Webber didn't push Vettel more he had the car speed. Vettels already shown when the spots are swapped he's willing to do anything to pass Webber, dirty German. I would have like to see Webber right up Vettel.
Webber's mature enough to know that today wasnt the day for a massive challenge. Vettel is too reckless to be world champion at the moment.

ive noticed though, why is it that its the german drivers that are the most dirty???
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

beetlejuice wrote:
Jason wrote:
Webber's mature enough to know that today wasnt the day for a massive challenge. Vettel is too reckless to be world champion at the moment.

ive noticed though, why is it that its the german drivers that are the most dirty???
F1 was very fickle, Webber had a fast car and I think he should have used. Today may very well have been the day to take charge. If he struggles for pace in any if the remaining racers he can look back on today IMO.

It's in a German's nature to be Dirty, in more ways then one.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I have visions of the last race.. Vettel, Webber and Alonso all in contention.. Webber needing to finish in the points to win..

Vettel takes out Webber by driving like a knob (like he usually does) and Alonso cruises home and snatches it
beetlejuice
David Furner

Post by beetlejuice »

Tim W wrote:I have visions of the last race.. Vettel, Webber and Alonso all in contention.. Webber needing to finish in the points to win..

Vettel takes out Webber by driving like a knob (like he usually does) and Alonso cruises home and snatches it
my one see's ferrari using Massa to hold one of them up too.

I hope Webber takes it out, he's been the most consistant driver all year and deserves it.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

So, when Vettel was leading earlier in the Championship, Webber had to make way give away his nose cone etc.

When Webber is leading, Vettel can do as he pleases? I think RB could cost Webber the title this year
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
beetlejuice
David Furner

Post by beetlejuice »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:So, when Vettel was leading earlier in the Championship, Webber had to make way give away his nose cone etc.

When Webber is leading, Vettel can do as he pleases? I think RB could cost Webber the title this year
they clearly saw Vettel being the dominant driver and webber playing second fiddle. that was until Webber won another 2 races and had a string of podiums. Personally this team reeks of Bias.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I don't even think this is sport, but would be good to see Webber win.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

greeneyed wrote:I don't even think this is sport, but would be good to see Webber win.

We've had this discussion before, so I guess we will agree to disagree. But I think it is a sport. These guys are as fit as most athletes on the planet. Drivers lose up to 5kgs in some forms. It requires huge amounts of strength, skill, stamina and concentration. Mark Webber trains like a Triathlete to keep himself in shape for F1.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
beetlejuice
David Furner

Post by beetlejuice »

greeneyed wrote:I don't even think this is sport
yet, you'll watch the great farce that is the commonwealth games.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

beetlejuice wrote:yet, you'll watch the great farce that is the commonwealth games.
I bet he plays Golf as well

Nickman's love of NSW
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Commonwealth games Lol, when
is that rubbish finishing?
KW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Steve "no mans land" Collins

Post by KW »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
beetlejuice wrote:yet, you'll watch the great farce that is the commonwealth games.
I bet he plays Golf as well
whats wrong with golf?! :|
Quality over Quantity Winner - 2007, 2008 and 2010 Golden Boogs Awards
Raiders Member #3383 - Bay 28, Row LL, Seat 6
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

KW wrote:whats wrong with golf?! :|
I don't think walking around hitting a stationary ball is a sport

Nickman's love of NSW
beetlejuice
David Furner

Post by beetlejuice »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
and it has to be done in silence too!

so im looking forward to the new Korean track, should thorw up some surprises!

im 17 points clear in my F1 tipping comp, any ideas on who to tip in the next round?
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
golf ruins a good walk, unless of course they is plenty of beer to brighten the mood
beetlejuice
David Furner

Post by beetlejuice »

Kyle 89 wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
golf ruins a good walk, unless of course they is plenty of beer to brighten the mood
Im a massive fan of Pub golf!!!
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Golf is better than motorsport by a factor too high to compute.
KW
David Furner

Post by KW »

I dont get the golf hate, even if you stink at it surely as a red-blooded male you derive some pleasure from wacking the absolute crap out of something?!

I am lucky enough to work next door to a course here in Canberra (Fairbairn) and play as often as possible during daylight savings.

KW
beetlejuice
David Furner

Post by beetlejuice »

KW wrote:I dont get the golf hate, even if you stink at it surely as a red-blooded male you derive some pleasure from wacking the absolute crap out of something?!

I am lucky enough to work next door to a course here in Canberra (Fairbairn) and play as often as possible during daylight savings.

KW
there is some pleasure in hitting it i agree. me and my mates played a **** of rounds when we sat the HSC to help with his stress levels.

It's not really a spectator sport though.
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

beetlejuice wrote:
KW wrote:I dont get the golf hate, even if you stink at it surely as a red-blooded male you derive some pleasure from wacking the absolute crap out of something?!

KW
there is some pleasure in hitting it i agree. me and my mates played a **** of rounds when we sat the HSC to help with his stress levels.

It's not really a spectator sport though.
How is golf not a spectator sport?
KW
David Furner

Post by KW »

Michael wrote:How is golf not a spectator sport?
I love watching it, especially match play events. Some of these blokes are scary good. What I would give to be a pro-golfer.

KW
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

KW wrote:
Michael wrote:How is golf not a spectator sport?
I love watching it, especially match play events. Some of these blokes are scary good. What I would give to be a pro-golfer.

KW
I played junior rep golf against Jason Day - who just won himself about a cool $3 million US on in the States this year. Ludicrous.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I don't mind playing Golf, I'm just saying I don't consider it a sport, more a hobby or a pastime.

Getting back on track, Beetlejuice I would have to towards Webber or Alonso to win this one. It's a new track, so everyone is on equal terms with setup etc. Webber knows he has to win at 1 more to be comfortable so I think he'll be giving it a red hot go.
Last edited by FuiFui BradBrad on October 12, 2010, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nickman's love of NSW
beetlejuice
David Furner

Post by beetlejuice »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:I don't mind playing Golf, I'm just saying I don't consider it a sport, more a hobby or an activity.

Getting back on track, Beetlejuice I would have to towards Webber or Alonso to win this one. It's a new track, so everyone is on equal terms with setup etc. Webber knows he has to win at 1 more to be comfortable so I think he'll be giving it a red hot go.
Yeah thats where im thinking too, Alonso or Webber. I hope my Mclaren boys come through and ruin the race for both Alonso and Vettel!!!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

beetlejuice wrote:Yeah thats where im thinking too, Alonso or Webber. I hope my Mclaren boys come through and ruin the race for both Alonso and Vettel!!!
I have a feeling Vettel will ruin it for himself, and knowing Hamilton's luck these past few races I wouldn't be surprised if the engine falls out of that thing!

Nickman's love of NSW
beetlejuice
David Furner

Post by beetlejuice »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
beetlejuice wrote:Yeah thats where im thinking too, Alonso or Webber. I hope my Mclaren boys come through and ruin the race for both Alonso and Vettel!!!
I have a feeling Vettel will ruin it for himself, and knowing Hamilton's luck these past few races I wouldn't be surprised if the engine falls out of that thing!
no way! he'll have a Kubica like incident where they will only put 3 tyers on the car after a pit-stop.

Ive said all season Vettel isnt mature enough to be world champion yet, and he's proved me right on several occasions. i see it either being Webber or Alonso. And im developing a great dislike for that dirty spanish dog (goes with my cheating kraut bastard nicname for schuey)
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of Alonso either. Thought it was great when Hamilton owned him in Mclaren.

Spot on with Vettel, he isn't ready yet and I think he still has 1 more accident in him at least between now and theend of the year.

Also read that Lotus has got themselves a Renault engine deal and Red Bull Gearbox/Suspension deal next season :cmon . You'd expect them to be pushing for Midfield next year. Just need to replace the Trulli Train

Nickman's love of NSW
beetlejuice
David Furner

Post by beetlejuice »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Yeah I'm not a huge fan of Alonso either. Thought it was great when Hamilton owned him in Mclaren.

Spot on with Vettel, he isn't ready yet and I think he still has 1 more accident in him at least between now and theend of the year.

Also read that Lotus has got themselves a Renault engine deal and Red Bull Gearbox/Suspension deal next season :cmon . You'd expect them to be pushing for Midfield next year. Just need to replace the Trulli Train
so did i!!! thats where my dislike from him comes from. i would have had respect for him if he had put his head down got on with the job and not whinged about being Number 1. He should have known, at Mclaren, there are no Number 1 drivers!

With that and the news they have bought the right to the old team Lotus name, they are fast becoming my second team above Williams!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah he could have copped it on the chin, stuck to his contract and tried to beat Hamilton the following season, but he opted to take his toys and slump back to Renault. he should have checked the History books and see Mclaren don't have team orders.

Lotus are my favourite new team, it was Virgin but they don't excite me like Lotus does. They are my 2nd team behind Red Bull. I've been following them from back in the Jaguar days. Before that it was Jordan

Nickman's love of NSW
beetlejuice
David Furner

Post by beetlejuice »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Yeah he could have copped it on the chin, stuck to his contract and tried to beat Hamilton the following season, but he opted to take his toys and slump back to Renault. he should have checked the History books and see Mclaren don't have team orders.

Lotus are my favourite new team, it was Virgin but they don't excite me like Lotus does. They are my 2nd team behind Red Bull. I've been following them from back in the Jaguar days. Before that it was Jordan
I used to swap between Mclaren and williams, depending on who my favorite driver was driving for (JV, Hakkinen the Montoya) finally really settling on Mclaren in 06 when they signed Hamilton. I used to have soft spots for Jordan and Stewart when they were around.