Horse Racing

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: Horse Racing

Post by -TW- »

Got on William Thomas laying $10s at Caufield on the tip of Gillon McLaughlan on Fox Footy Live this morning

Already done more for me than Toddy Greenberg ever will

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Had a real good go at Pierata yesterday. Beaten by a head bob on the line.

He's off to stud now after finishing 2nd in his final race. Just like his dad Pierro ...and his dad Lonhro...and his dad Octagonal. :hmmm
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

The less said about yesterday the better.

2 mates and I would've won the quaddie @ 50% if Phaistos had have won the last race. I still haven't see the photo but it must have been a **** tight go.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Northern Raider wrote: April 19, 2020, 10:32 am Had a real good go at Pierata yesterday. Beaten by a head bob on the line.

He's off to stud now after finishing 2nd in his final race. Just like his dad Pierro ...and his dad Lonhro...and his dad Octagonal. :hmmm
It was close, I was on Tofane.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

julian87 wrote: April 19, 2020, 1:39 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 19, 2020, 10:32 am Had a real good go at Pierata yesterday. Beaten by a head bob on the line.

It was close, I was on Tofane.
That result typified my day. So close so often. One bet did work out. I took a multi with Rubisaki in Sydney and 3 in Brisbane that were all odds on. With a boost odds were $11.00 and I had $20 on it. Got me back near level.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Hell of a coincidence.

I was marginally ahead by close of play, thanks to Rubisaki and Subpoenaed running 1 and 2.

Had Lanciato for a place in the last, but Dealmaker fired late to pip him for 3rd.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Race of the day tomorrow looks like it's the Hawkesbury Guineas.... at Rosehill.

The original favourite is out, Indy Car. He has been sold to Hong Kong for an undisclosed amount, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's close to 7 figures. Gerry Harvey owned him and it was apparently the 3rd offer that he eventually said yes to. It's incredible what they'll pay over there for a Gelding.

Looks a very evenly matched race, there's no clear standout on class.

St Covet's spirit looks the best of the roughies.

The only one I can rule out confidently is Mirra Vision (ran hopelessly last week without excuses and was beaten by 2 Godolphin fillys thrown at the stumps and subsequently retired. Surely needs the paddock). With that now said, she'll probably win...

Mo's Crown and Chat look like they'll also be outgunned.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Good start on Welsh Legend ... got her each way at $5.40
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Sweet Scandal each way at $14... giddy up
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Nordicus a good each/way chance in the last at odds...
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

I had True Detective going in the last for the quaddie. :cry:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I had a rubbish day

Got Naivasha early at Flemington and **** all else

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Northern Raider wrote: April 25, 2020, 6:57 pm I had True Detective going in the last for the quaddie. :cry:
Ouch!

I fell away toward the end of the day, but well up in the end. Made up for a few other poor Saturdays this season.

Lizzie Jelfs is a masterful yard analyser. The money following her tips is market altering.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

yeh raiders wrote: April 25, 2020, 9:48 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 25, 2020, 6:57 pm I had True Detective going in the last for the quaddie. :cry:
Ouch!

I fell away toward the end of the day, but well up in the end. Made up for a few other poor Saturdays this season.

Lizzie Jelfs is a masterful yard analyser. The money following her tips is market altering.
I've been involved in racing a long time and I will confidently say Lizzie Jelfs is the best I've seen at the mounting yard analysis.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I had one winneer for the day.. **** day on the punt

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Northern Raider wrote: April 25, 2020, 10:28 pm
Ouch!

I've been involved in racing a long time and I will confidently say Lizzie Jelfs is the best I've seen at the mounting yard analysis.
Seems a good person too and a true professional. Very eloquent and a joy to watch.

She caught me checking her out last time I was at Randwick ... truth is I was trying to read her lips as I couldn’t hear the audio.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

As did I.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

julian87 wrote: April 26, 2020, 7:54 am
As did I.
Like me we're you already spending the money at the 200m. :(
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

yeh raiders wrote: April 25, 2020, 11:42 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 25, 2020, 10:28 pm
Ouch!

Seems a good person too and a true professional. Very eloquent and a joy to watch.

She caught me checking her out last time I was at Randwick ... truth is I was trying to read her lips as I couldn’t hear the audio.
I've not met her so can't comment much on personality. But she does come across as ultra professional and zero ego.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Northern Raider wrote: April 26, 2020, 10:23 am
julian87 wrote: April 26, 2020, 7:54 am
As did I.
Like me we're you already spending the money at the 200m. :(
julian87 wrote: April 19, 2020, 1:38 pm The less said about yesterday the better.

2 mates and I would've won the quaddie @ 50% if Phaistos had have won the last race. I still haven't see the photo but it must have been a **** tight go.
2 weeks in a row almost instant replay.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Race 4 at Warwick Farm today - I like #11 Lillemor to beat #2 Petronius.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Is this one still running? I saw Petronius came 2nd

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Finished 6th. Rubbish tip.

The trial looked good, the form from last prep stacked up, but I should've taken better notice of the barrier.
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

Spewing I didn't back itImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Manchild wrote: July 18, 2020, 12:17 pm Spewing I didn't back itImage

:lol:

Interesting to note the race name sponsor. Wondered what he was doing now.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I actually backed that yesterday and got me off to a flyer.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

How long of a ban should Hugh Bowman get after his disgraceful ride in race 1 today?
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

yeh raiders wrote: July 25, 2020, 2:53 pm How long of a ban should Hugh Bowman get after his disgraceful ride in race 1 today?
I can’t believe that horse retained the win tbh. He was 100% at fault for Adkins’ fall. 100%
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

julian87 wrote: July 25, 2020, 3:38 pm
yeh raiders wrote: July 25, 2020, 2:53 pm How long of a ban should Hugh Bowman get after his disgraceful ride in race 1 today?
I can’t believe that horse retained the win tbh. He was 100% at fault for Adkins’ fall. 100%
Yep caused major interference on the majority of the field.

I can’t believe they didn’t pull up stumps on Hugh Bowman’s day and he’s allowed to race on.

Worst I think I’ve seen.
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

He should be out for a fair stint. He didn't have to push in. There was plenty of room to the rail.

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Manchild wrote: July 25, 2020, 7:28 pm He should be out for a fair stint. He didn't have to push in. There was plenty of room to the rail.

Absolutely.

We see horses pushing and shoving all the time, but this was completely avoidable and had catastrophic consequences.

Only a stroke of luck prevented more of them coming down.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

I missed the early races and only now seen replay of the Race 1 incident. Bowman didn't want to take the worse ground on the inside so barged our to get the run there. Incredibly reckless and why stewards need to come down hard on actions line this. The outcome worsens the offense too. A horse has lost its life and a jockey is in hospital, lucky to still be with us too.

Hughie can have a nice long holiday for that. Throw in a hefty fine payable to the National Jockeys Trust as well.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

6 weeks.

A measly 6 week ban for that.

You get a far bigger penalty for betting on your own mounts, as opposed to killing someone else’s and seriously injuring a jockey.

Outrageous.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Fairly obvious timing has come into play here with Spring Carnival looming. 6 weeks means he's back just in time for the Group 1s. If he does that in May he gets 3 months minimum.

Not a good look for stewards IMO.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

It’s not a good look for the sport as a whole.

I couldn’t speak to anyone for an hour after watching it live, absolutely rattles me seeing a horse go down at the best of times, let alone when they’re deliberately shoulder charged.

I know emotions shouldn’t play a role in decision making, but common sense says that the incident warrants a far heftier ban and a message needs to be sent to jockeys that this kind of incident is dreadful. The “win at all costs” mentality needs to be chucked out the door.

At the very least, Andrew Atkins will spend way longer recovering and rehabilitating, than Bowman will spend suspended.

Who is to say if Atkins ever gains the same amount of confidence he had before and can ever ride to that level again.

Very disappointed.