The Film Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: The Film Thread

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad »

Watched It Comes at Night on Netflix. Probably the worst film I've seen in a long time. It was too ambiguous for my liking, and nothing really happened through the film.

Disappointed because it got all these good reviews, and I think Joel Edgerton's one of the most underrated actors out there
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Botman »

Mortal Kombat is one of the dumbest **** movie i have ever witnessed, and i enjoyed every god damn moment of it. :lol:
Encourge any one who grew up begging their parents to let them play this game to go and see the film, and as Shea Serrano says, if you're not yelling the names of each character as they arrive on scene, you aint doing it right
CREATE PROCEDURE BotMan_Post AS
SELECT * FROM Previous_Post
EXEC quote_post
WHERE UserName = 'Aknalkfgnaa' OR 'Yeah Raiders' OR 'Billy B'
EXEC RAND(good_grief; cheak_notes; uh82cit;)

GO;
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Botman wrote:Mortal Kombat is one of the dumbest **** movie i have ever witnessed, and i enjoyed every god damn moment of it. Image
Encourge any one who grew up begging their parents to let them play this game to go and see the film, and as Shea Serrano says, if you're not yelling the names of each character as they arrive on scene, you aint doing it right
want to take bonejr but being rated r18+ is a challenge since he's 13, I'm ok with him seeing it based on generated violence for the rating.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Botman »

bonehead wrote: April 24, 2021, 8:12 pm
Botman wrote:Mortal Kombat is one of the dumbest **** movie i have ever witnessed, and i enjoyed every god damn moment of it. Image
want to take bonejr but being rated r18+ is a challenge since he's 13, I'm ok with him seeing it based on generated violence for the rating.

Honestly, it's gorey man
If you're cool with that (and frankly the games kids play at 13, i think it's probably OK pending the kid) but its really fun
CREATE PROCEDURE BotMan_Post AS
SELECT * FROM Previous_Post
EXEC quote_post
WHERE UserName = 'Aknalkfgnaa' OR 'Yeah Raiders' OR 'Billy B'
EXEC RAND(good_grief; cheak_notes; uh82cit;)

GO;
Sid
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

The Film Thread

Post by Sid »

I don’t understand why it has the same title as the original
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 2: Annihilation
Mortal Kombat

It’s a different movie to the original.. give it a different title?
Anyways I’m keen to see it this Wednesday. Scorpions Revenge on Nutflicks was pretty good.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Ok with gore as you say the video games have that.

Edrick The Entertainer
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Just watched the first 15 mins of Can’t Hardly Wait, since it’s about to go off Netflix... possibly the worst 15 min start to a movie I have ever seen. I couldn’t take it anymore.
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters

Just finished watching The Dry. Really recommend it. Amazing cinematography. I think it’s probably the best Eric Bana movie I’ve see since Munich.

Only bugbear, there’s a scene where Bana gets offered a beer, and they give him a Budweiser. No self-respecting Australian, let alone someone from rural Australia, is pulling that from the fridge. Wish Great Northern matched Bud’s product placement offer
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I watched Nomadland yesterday. It was sort of exactly how I expected it to be. Nothing happens pretty much. It was like most Frances McDormand films. Beautiful scenery and cinematography. I can see exactly why the Academy voted the way they did. But it didn’t move me. I’d seen this cookie cutter movie before.
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters

greeneyed wrote:I watched Nomadland yesterday. It was sort of exactly how I expected it to be. Nothing happens pretty much. It was like most Frances McDormand films. Beautiful scenery and cinematography. I can see exactly why the Academy voted the way they did. But it didn’t move me. I’d seen this cookie cutter movie before.
I saw a trailer of it the first time. The trailer made it look like a faux-documentary. Cant really see what the story is actually about

Nickman's love of NSW
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Watching War Horse now... why are the German soldiers speaking to each other in English?
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters

the bone wrote:Watching War Horse now... why are the German soldiers speaking to each other in English?
Probably for the same reason the Russian captain on The Hunt for Red October spoke with a Scottish accent and a lisp

Nickman's love of NSW
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

the bone wrote:Watching War Horse now... why are the German soldiers speaking to each other in English?
I think you mean War Orse
Fuifui Bradbrad
Steve Walters

Strictly Ballroom just finished on ABC. Haven’t seen that since my teens. Forgot how good it was, it’s a classic.

I found it interesting watching it now, and being able to pick up the Baz Luhrmann techniques through it.

Nickman's love of NSW