The Book Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: The Book Thread

Post by RTW »

Has anyone else read Steve Mascords new book Touchstones?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Sterlk
David Furner

Re: The Book Thread

Post by Sterlk »

Currently reading N.K. Jemisin's The Fifth Season, first book of a trilogy and supposed to be really good.

Currently about 1/4 of the way through and liking it so far, though there's this earth-shattering rug-pull somewhere along the way that I already guessed - relates to how the 3 POV characters link together. About 5 or 6 chapters in this thought I had started to make sense, and a few chapters later I just had to know whether I was right or not so Googled... I was right.

Without spoiling it for myself (aside from the rug-pull I saw 100-miles away) I can't do the research to find out how many people guessed it beforehand, but from the cursory glance I had at the comments on the author's website, it seems I'm in the minority.

Either too many giveaways or perhaps it clicked for me because I'd just finished reading 2 of her other series before moving onto this one, The Inheritance Trilogy and The Dreamblood Duology (both highly recommended btw). There aren't many, if any, rug-pulls in the other books though.

I feel like somebody who guessed before the reveal that Darth Vader was Luke Skywalker's father, its both gratifying and disappointing.