Game of Thrones Season 8 *Spoilers*

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Yeah I liked this ep. The scene is set, arcs have been closed, and the culling can begin.

Tormond was the MVP of this episode, and with Pods singing voice, we now know what his special talent was. Brienne being knighted was a good move.

I am a little worried that they’re putting people in the crypts, to protect them from an enemy who can raise the dead...
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 *Spoilers*

Post by Northern Raider »

Yeah there's some logic that the crypts are the safest place but I'm not sure what that is. Surely finding an island somewhere is a better option.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

suggesting those crypts are the safest place so much suggests very much so that some **** is going to go down in there. Next weeks ep is going to be off the charts. Like **** WILD
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

PigRickman wrote: April 22, 2019, 2:44 pm suggesting those crypts are the safest place so much suggests very much so that some **** is going to go down in there. Next weeks ep is going to be off the charts. Like **** WILD
Throughout the whole build up this episode there was zero talk of zombie dragon. Audience attention being intentionally drawn away from it? Expect it will make a very significant appearance during the battle. May only be 1 dragon left by the end of it.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

PigRickman wrote:suggesting those crypts are the safest place so much suggests very much so that some **** is going to go down in there. Next weeks ep is going to be off the charts. Like **** WILD
It makes sense of the trailer where Arya is running scared around the crypts.

I haven’t been able to figure out if there’s a limit on how long the dead need to be dead before the NK can’t raise them. Might see a Ned cameo
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

If anyone has seen The Alamo... or films in that tradition... the makers of GOT have certainly seen them!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Wow... the last moments of that episode were spine chilling!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 22, 2019, 3:32 pm
PigRickman wrote:suggesting those crypts are the safest place so much suggests very much so that some **** is going to go down in there. Next weeks ep is going to be off the charts. Like **** WILD
It makes sense of the trailer where Arya is running scared around the crypts.

I haven’t been able to figure out if there’s a limit on how long the dead need to be dead before the NK can’t raise them. Might see a Ned cameo
I'd say length of time is relative to quality of the corpse being raised. Ned would have very little meat left on his bones by now. Wouldn't stand up to a stiff breeze.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Really turned the thumbscrews on the tension in that episode.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

My wife leaves for Lisbon tomorrow night, she'll be gone about 10 days, which is working out magnificently.
FIrstly im taking Wednesday off for a mental health day and going to see Endgame, secondly this time next week, the kids will be in bed, i'll be armed with beer and snacks and im going to have the battle of winterfell on the big screen and just revel in it.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Sounds like a road trip to your place is on the cards!
Getting tix now to End Game. I can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 22, 2019, 7:46 pm Sounds like a road trip to your place is on the cards!
Getting tix now to End Game. I can’t wait

Come get some, Fui! Frankly i'll be itching for some adult company. There is only so many questions one can answer about Wild Kratts or Peppa Pig before i'll go **** insane.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

That episode of GoT was EASILY the worst of the entire show’s history! Nothing happened and we’ve only got four episodes left!

I said to my missus this morning that you could completely skip last night’s episode and you wouldn’t even have missed anything.

This series is very disappointing as a whole so far considering there’s only six episodes to wrap everything up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Rickman wrote: April 23, 2019, 12:14 pm That episode of GoT was EASILY the worst of the entire show’s history! Nothing happened and we’ve only got four episodes left!

I said to my missus this morning that you could completely skip last night’s episode and you wouldn’t even have missed anything.

This series is very disappointing as a whole so far considering there’s only six episodes to wrap everything up.

First 2 episodes could have easily been condensed into 1. Episode 1 closed with Jaime Lannister arriving and Episode 2 starting with his 'trial' and ultimate acceptance. Jon finding out he's Aegon Targaryen in Ep1 then skip to end of Ep2 where he tells Dany. Then the dead army arrive. The rest was a lot of fillers. Trim some fat from each and its easily 1 episode. Felt like reintroducing us to characters we already know.

I'm expecting next week to be the 'Helms Deep' episode taken up fully by the battle. There's even potential for the battle to stretch into Ep4 before switching attention back to Kings Landing. They have lined up a ton of characters for this particular event so we're all set for a Thanos level cull. Just hoping we didn't get so much padding in the fist two episodes that we end up with the next stages and final resolution being crammed into the last two.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It wasn't padding... it was building tension.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

It was an absolute waste of the time code when we don’t have much left remaining! There’s not a scene that happened in that last episode that needed to happen in the grand scheme of the story, and many completely unnecessary ones.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

greeneyed wrote: April 23, 2019, 12:52 pm It wasn't padding... it was building tension.
Well we've just sat through 140 mins of tension building.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Northern Raider wrote: April 23, 2019, 1:20 pm
greeneyed wrote: April 23, 2019, 12:52 pm It wasn't padding... it was building tension.
And you seem a little... tense about it.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

BadnMean wrote: April 23, 2019, 2:00 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 23, 2019, 1:20 pm
And you seem a little... tense about it.
I'M NOT TENSE!!!! :x
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

But your avatar pic is literally the 2nd tensest man alive. (no one is tenser than the Ultimate Warrior)
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The episodes would be completely reasonable in a 40 episode series, but seem a little drawn out in a series with only 6 episodes to tie everything up
Then again, there might not be much to tie up if everyone gets killed.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

That dude would pop a vein just saying hello
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

greeneyed wrote:It wasn't padding... it was building tension.
I agree with you both. Watching that ep has built the tension up for next week, but with only 4 eps remaining, they really need to get a wriggle on.

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Im actually now thinking the North wins the battle... there is just no way they have time to lose, retreat and then come back defeat the white walkers and cersei

I think they've gotta win this battle, else the Walkers win and the final 3 eps are just them descending on and destroying the golden company
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Last couple of episodes go for something like 1.5 to 2 hours I think

Edit... Remaining episodes are all about 1:20
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Dr Zaius wrote: April 23, 2019, 8:44 pm Last couple of episodes go for something like 1.5 to 2 hours I think

Edit... Remaining episodes are all about 1:20
Even still. You assume whoever wins this needs basically an entire ep to win the battle of the throne, and then probably a wrap up ep at the end.... so after this, we get one ep to move us from the winner and setting up the battle for the throne... even account for 80 minute eps (which is the run time)

Not happening.

Heavy casualties, but i think the North wins.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I can’t see how they’re going to beat the Walkers, then beat Cersei and her fresh Golden Army. I’m hoping NK is heading to Kings Landing to recruit some new troops.

That could also lead to the North losing the battle, getting Cersei on side, provide some new troops and have another crack at the NK in the 2nd last ep

Last ep will be Cersei dying during childbirth, and creating the new world...

I dunno, my brain hurts from all the possibilities

Also, I’m looking forward to seeing how the Dothraki take on the Walkers. These are guys who have never sailed before. Nek minnit, they’re taking on undead soldiers in the snow

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah that’s a good call
They lose, retreat back to kings landing and say **** it we don’t care
We’ll bend the knee and do what ever and maybe one final stand at kings landing and in the chaos of that a new world is born

Yeah that would work
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

They definitely going down next week. Everything, including the trailers and the intro sequence heavily hint at the north being lost
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Anyway, I disagree with Nick. With the exception of Cercei, Episode 2 really was the first time since season 1 that the main characters have all come together. Hell, even season 1, Dany wasn't about. That episode bought to close and made peace with a number of story arcs: Arya and the Hound, Arya and Gendry, Jaime and Bran, Jaime and Brienne, Jaime and Tyrion... I could go on.

The battle scenes and gore are great, but GOT has always been about the rich story lines, and I think that episode was important for a number of them, particularly given a whole swag of them are about to be killed off. Throughout the series there have been scenes I've paid little attention to, but on rewatching have either dropped hints or been important. I'm sure thats how episode 2 will play out.

I don't think that the episode was a mistake. If any mistake has been made, it was limiting the season to 6 episodes. But we will see.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Oh snap, just reading around the net and realised that Howland Reed is the only loving person who can vouch for Jons lineage.

He HAS to make an appearance and confirm everything.

Nickman's love of NSW
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 26, 2019, 11:21 am Oh snap, just reading around the net and realised that Howland Reed is the only loving person who can vouch for Jons lineage.

He HAS to make an appearance and confirm everything.

Assuming you meant living person
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Na he said what he meant and meant what he said... but yeah Howland Reed must play a role now.
FuiFui's right, he's a loving person, the only one left in the realm
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

PigRickman wrote:Na he said what he meant and meant what he said... but yeah Howland Reed must play a role now.
FuiFui's right, he's a loving person, the only one left in the realm
The only person who could be more loving is the NK. He’s all about giving people second chances, rescuing unwanted babies and bringing down walls to unite the realm

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Strong case for the NK's claim.
I for one endorse it and always have, there will be no king but the Night King.