Game of Thrones Season 7 *Spoilers*

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 *Spoilers*

Post by Northern Raider »

So anybody else subscribing to my theory that Tyrion is conspiring with Cersei?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I've been thinking about it and as much as i hate to say it, i kind of do buy it.
Cersei really rammed home the thing about family and how all that really matters is the Lannisters/her family. They also went to great lengths to show how much Tyrion loved the children (save for Joffery lol), and then you add in that Cersei is pregnant again, Tyrion's marginalisation from the power structure of Dany's crew and his long held desire to be the Lord of Casterley Rock and that they cut the rest of that discussion off right at a pivital moment and then him spying on Dany/Jon...

I could see it. I really could... but i settle on a different theory... i dont think he's conspiring with her, at least not all the way.
I think he recognised the need for the truce in order to beat the dead army, and to achieve the truce he's going to have to give Cersei the idea that he's flipped, so he'll spy, send back certain information that isnt particularly pertinent but juicy enough to keep Cersei believing, and it'll all set up a trap... but he'll dance dangerously with the line of feeding Cersei information and trying to ease Dany's concerns around his loyalties.

Bold prediction... eventually Tyrion gets caught by Dany, she threatens to burn him, Jon tries to save convince her to spare him, doesn't work and then Dany finds out a little bit later that he was playing Cersei the whole time... this is what convinces her that she had Mad Queen potential and that Jon should ultimately sit on the throne
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Boy, I really thought the Mountain was going to kill Jaime Lannister there for a while. It was the most anxious I've been in a while watching the show

And yet, then strangely, when he didn't kill him, I was majorly disappointed
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

The Nickman wrote:Boy, I really thought the Mountain was going to kill Jaime Lannister there for a while. It was the most anxious I've been in a while watching the show

Everest has killed many people. Mountains do that.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

It wouldn't surprise me if tyrion ends up being blazed dead by one of the dragons, mirroring a certain someone's death from the books. I don't really know how else his story would end... He's already the hand of the queen, so assuming dany/jon take the throne, what's his reward? Lord of casterly rock/warden of the west? They're both nice prizes, but hand of the queen is a bigger honor. Also, who would he end up with? In the books his end game seems to finding his old lover... I just don't see a positive ending for tyrion sad to say.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I wonder if the middle of a dragons fire blast is where whores go?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Nickman wrote:Boy, I really thought the Mountain was going to kill Jaime Lannister there for a while. It was the most anxious I've been in a while watching the show

I had that exact moment only with Tyrion.. I was certain the whole time Cersei didn't have it in her to kill Jamie
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

This series was actually devoid of shock deaths of major characters. Just like Ramsay Bolton we all saw Littlefinger's number coming up. Would have been even more of a shock if he'd survived till Season 8. Definitely no "break the internet" deaths we've had in the past. Even those like the Red Wedding, Oberyn Martell and Jon Snow still shocked despite all book readers knowing the outcome. Beyond the books there was nothing like Cersei blowing up Balor's Sept and take out a whole bunch of major players. We did lose Olenna Tyrrell, Elia Martell, a couple of sand snakes and Thoros. They all just felt like collateral damage rather than a shock plot twist.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote:This series was actually devoid of shock deaths of major characters. Just like Ramsay Bolton we all saw Littlefinger's number coming up. Would have been even more of a shock if he'd survived till Season 8. Definitely no "break the internet" deaths we've had in the past. Even those like the Red Wedding, Oberyn Martell and Jon Snow still shocked despite all book readers knowing the outcome. Beyond the books there was nothing like Cersei blowing up Balor's Sept and take out a whole bunch of major players. We did lose Olenna Tyrrell, Elia Martell, a couple of sand snakes and Thoros. They all just felt like collateral damage rather than a shock plot twist.
Yeah, that's what I've noticed too, not a single significant death or shock story twist in Season 7 at all.

I'm going to preface this by saying I've still enjoyed every moment of it, but Season 7 is by far the worst season to date, in my opinion.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Well Jon Snow, the Imp and Khalesi really **** up. Their ill thought out plan to bring back a corpse warrior for Cercei essentially bought down the wall. No stupid plan = no zombie dragon = wall intact. To add to the stupidy is that Cercei is predictably going to betray them.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Dr Zaius wrote:Well Jon Snow, the Imp and Khalesi really **** up. Their ill thought out plan to bring back a corpse warrior for Cercei essentially bought down the wall. No stupid plan = no zombie dragon = wall intact. To add to the stupidy is that Cercei is predictably going to betray them.
Yep, time to put Sansa in charge. She's putting them all to shame lately.
CJR
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Cotric

Post by CJR »

Sansa Queen in the North, Jon or, more accurately, Aegon will sit on the Iron Throne.

Sent from my SM-G925I using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
CJR
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Cotric

Post by CJR »

I'm also looking forward to the scene where Aegon and Dany realise they're related. Should be sufficiently awkward.

Also I'm just going to keep calling him Jon, his real name doesn't sound right yet...

Sent from my SM-G925I using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Was finally able to stream the last episode. What a ride!
That first scene - The first time all of the major characters were together in the one place!

Wasn't surprised Littlefinger died, was one of the ones calling it. Was surprised at how it was done but. You could tell as soon as he tried the "Arya for Lady of Winterfell" pitch that Sansa was playing him. Sansa knew Arya wasn't interested. So now he's gone, will they appoint someone as Lord/Lady of the Vale?

Also, that scene with Cersei and Jaime, surely he's on the opposition side yeah? And he knows her playbook... I hope Bronn sides with him as well. Will the Kings Landing army support Jaime or Cersei?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Was finally able to stream the last episode. What a ride!
That first scene - The first time all of the major characters were together in the one place!

Wasn't surprised Littlefinger died, was one of the ones calling it. Was surprised at how it was done but. You could tell as soon as he tried the "Arya for Lady of Winterfell" pitch that Sansa was playing him. Sansa knew Arya wasn't interested. So now he's gone, will they appoint someone as Lord/Lady of the Vale?

Also, that scene with Cersei and Jaime, surely he's on the opposition side yeah? And he knows her playbook... I hope Bronn sides with him as well. Will the Kings Landing army support Jaime or Cersei?
Rob Arryn is Lord of the Vale
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Game of Thrones Season 7 *Spoilers*

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

With the love of spreadsheets lately, I thought I'd share this graph I saw on Reddit. Should be a bar graph IMO. I thought it was funny

So a right proper lad is better than 10 men, and 20 good men is equal to 3 dragons
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

lol @ "fewer"
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

This looks like it would be a cool show

https://youtu.be/H9U-rhVp1CQ
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

I reckon Jaime completes his redemption story/kingslayer moniker by killing the night king with widow maker. Then he gets killed in the sack of kings landing and arya uses his face to kill cersei
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Manchild wrote:This looks like it would be a cool show

https://youtu.be/H9U-rhVp1CQ
Haha. Would watch.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

For the pigImage
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

It’s a compelling case, isn’t it?
The elitist Westeros pigs can **** burn in hell. The night king will unite us all
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

#MakeWesterosgreatagain