Walking Dead - Season 6 (spoilers)

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Re: Walking Dead - Season 6 (spoilers)

Post by T_R »

TWD:: Told ya.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Ron and Spencer are obviously untrustworthy.

But boy, it's great to see Glenn back!!
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Who's Ron and Spencer

The Governor just got killed. I Woo Hoo'd
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Yeah I did the same when he went. Poor Herschel though
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

I know , I liked him

It amazes with this show how they are not afraid to rub out main characters.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Raidersrawesome wrote:I know , I liked him

Me too, but not in a Game of Thrones way. I can be cut up that a main character is gone in TWD, but I don't get angry and threaten not to watch anymore like I do with GoT
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Mate the comics are far more brutal. In the comic Glenn gets his head bashed in by a baseball bat covered in barbed wire!

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

dubby wrote:

Mate the comics are far more brutal. In the comic Glenn gets his head bashed in by a baseball bat covered in barbed wire!
Considering the guy who did it is debuting in the next few episodes it may still happen.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Well mid season finale is done and dusted now to wait a few months till it begins again, thank **** Evil Dead can keep me entertained till then.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Wait what, that was the mid season finale? Bastards!
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Have you watched Z Nation?
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Don't believe so any good? Tried izombie without knowing what it was and never again :lol:
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Not in the same league as TWD, but similar themes and more light hearted. There are worse ways to get your zombie fix.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I knew keeping that w guy alive was a mistake. Bloody Morgan.
That weeny kid saying Mum at the end made me want to slap something

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Yep he's toast, think the only people behind him were the priest and Ron so let em all go.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Manbush wrote:Don't believe so any good? Tried izombie without knowing what it was and never again Image
Season 2, Episode 1 if you want to see a zombie pole dancing
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

:lol:

Still have a copy of the movie Zombie Strippers I haven't watched yet if I want to see that.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Why does that not suprise me. Never change Manbush, never change.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Had it for years I just never got around to watching it, stars Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger) and Jenna Jameson.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

That would have to be a political movie, yeah? Where the evil prime minister wants to strip citizenship of people just for being zombies due to scare tactics about brain eating to distract the general public from domestic issues?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Definitely, political movies are what Jenna Jameson is known for, great actress.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Does it have Kevin Spacey in it?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Finished season 5

I have recorded the last 3 episodes of season 6

Is Fox replaying season 6 ?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Yes.

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Just out of curiosity which season/s did you enjoy most?

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

dubby wrote:Just out of curiosity which season/s did you enjoy most?
Ive enjoyed all of them. Ive smashed through them so the seasons sort have blended together

The Prison and with The Governor was great. That season probably is out in front.

Thought 5 was probably the slowest , I wasn't sure about the community , but it ended well. Still enjoyable.

I need Season 6 ep 1- 5 , I have recorded 6-8 ( I think ).

If I cant see it replayed within the next day or 2 I will get it and watch those episodes
Green Jamey
Dean Lance

Post by Green Jamey »

Season 6 is good. Real good.

I find it hard to fathom that there are characters who have racked up more episodes than the likes of Tdog, Lori, Dale and Andrea but have less of an impact.

Example: Sahsha. And Abraham. Dominant at comic book level, but apart from a moustache and ...........well his mo, he offers little. Yet, he survives while more foundational characters die.

Go figure
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

I forgot about Foxtel GO , season 6 is sitting on there.
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

This first half of season 6 has sucked completely, you used to watch it and be worried about which character will die, now the only ones who die are the characters with no backstory, having glenn live through his little thing by crawling from under a dead body surrounded by walkers and getting under a bin? That was bad writing, i know negan is coming soon and i hope starts killing people left right and centre, glenn goes next episode hopefully by lucille then sasha or abraham amd all the other nobodies who have no backstory or characterization.
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I disagree
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Ive watched the 1st 3 episodes , Ive enjoyed them so far .

Glen has just bit the dust
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

No he hasnt. Hes alive. makes no sense how a guy trapped under a dead body could miraculously escape but hes alive.
Dr zaius care to elaborate on how this season is so great?
Darryl is out there in danger but you know he aint gonna die same with sasha and abraham, carol is safe along with all the other uninteresting characters behind the wall, yeah a handful of random townspeople will get killed off but its going to be the same core group of rick, coral, carol, michonne abe and sasha with morgan not wanting to kill people.
its just been 2 seasons of meh to me, it was fantastic when the governor was on it as anyone could get offed at anytime, now it feels Like the writers are.scared to off people in case the audience gets annoyed
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Elaborate? No. I've enjoyed it
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Its rare to bump main characters off in a TV show , this was against the norm in the earlier seasons with Shane and Andrea and then Lori , but the main characters have remained , Rick , Carl , Glenn, Carol and Darryl. They have added a few like Maggie but they still bumped off Beth and Hershel who were main characters.

Besides Michonne there isnt any other main characters Id add to the above list.

I dont know the comic that it is based off but that should be a guide to who survives and who doesnt if it is still following the comic.

either way its a great series. I never thought Id like it but its up there with The Unit , SOA and Breaking Bad
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I didn't really enjoy the governor tbh.
I've enjoyed season six but some of the characters are not fulfilling like some of the previous ones. Dana made me want to slap something.