Worst television program in history

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

Fuifui Bradbrad
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp

Re: Worst television program in history

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad » February 28, 2013, 11:22 am

tragic wrote:Really? Someone wants to throw M*A*S*H in amongst this other tripe??

I'm offended. Great show, though definitely worn out by network repeats.
It astounds me that the networks play the tripe out of MASH, Happy Days, TJ Hooker and the other bad 70's and 80's shows. Like I said before, surely they have other tv shows in the archives they can bring out once in a while.

It may have bben ok in it's day, but the constant playing of it has killed it for me
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman » February 28, 2013, 11:24 am

Albi wrote:Aussie shows:

ACA
Today Tonight
60 min
Any reality show format
Nice work, Albi.

Throw in any form of "news" as well, it's all absolute rubbish
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

jedski
Don Furner
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski » February 28, 2013, 11:34 am

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
tragic wrote:Really? Someone wants to throw M*A*S*H in amongst this other tripe??

I'm offended. Great show, though definitely worn out by network repeats.
It astounds me that the networks play the tripe out of MASH, Happy Days, TJ Hooker and the other bad 70's and 80's shows. Like I said before, surely they have other tv shows in the archives they can bring out once in a while.

It may have bben ok in it's day, but the constant playing of it has killed it for me
The networks all love MASH, Happy Days etc because they are dirt cheap to buy, nothing to produce, no chance that the show will get ****canned and they can fill up huge chunks of programming. Remember that every channel has to fill 8760 hours a year, if you can sign shows like Bewitched, Seinfeld, Simpsons, Friends, Gilligan's Island etc where there are well over 100 episodes, you can fill it up very cheaply. More so if you repeat the same episode later in the same day to cater to a different audience.
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *

Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers » February 28, 2013, 12:01 pm

Touched by an Angel.... .

When I was still living at home (going back about 5 years now lol) my Dad and I would be watching the footy and my mum would try change it to that poor excuse of entertai..... no I can't even put that and entertainment in the same sentence....

Horrid horrid show...
I found a moon rock in my nose....

Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael » February 28, 2013, 12:17 pm

CSI Miami is also jaw-droppingly terrible. If you didn't know better, you would swear that David Caruso is performing in a sketch comedy lampooning TV cops.

Dr Zaius
Laurie Daley

Post by Dr Zaius » February 28, 2013, 12:25 pm

Dibbers wrote:Touched by an Angel....

When I was still living at home (going back about 5 years now lol) my Dad and I would be watching the footy and my mum would try change it to that poor excuse of entertai..... no I can't even put that and entertainment in the same sentence....

Horrid horrid show...
Touched by an angel. Sounds a little... wrong
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014

-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- » February 28, 2013, 12:30 pm

Anyone saying bad things about Mash and Happy Days is on my banned list from now on :P

-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- » February 28, 2013, 12:31 pm

Greenbits wrote:
Dibbers wrote:Touched by an Angel....

Horrid horrid show...
Touched by an angel. Sounds a little... wrong
Reminds me of the Family Guy skit :lol:

Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake » February 28, 2013, 12:44 pm

Anything my girlfriend watches.

-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine

Post by -PJ- » February 28, 2013, 1:15 pm

MASH rocks. I reckon I've seen every episode a 1000 times and still watch reruns. I wish someone would throw FTroop on, that was a good laugh....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

gergreg
Steve Walters

Post by gergreg » February 28, 2013, 5:42 pm

Can't stand the 2 broke girls. Anybody associated with it should be shot out of a canon into a crocodile enclosure. Now that would make a cool show. I really dislike ACA and also the two morning shows, Sunrise and Today. Both Karl and Kochie should be second in line to that canon.
Shoving it in your face since 2017

Fuifui Bradbrad
Ruben Wiki

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad » February 28, 2013, 6:19 pm

Passions. Never could make sense of that show
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders » February 28, 2013, 6:25 pm

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Passions. Never could make sense of that show
:lol: :lol: **** that show... i'd come home from school and have to wait half an hour for Bold and the Beatiful to start.. it was either Passions on 7 or Huey's cooking on 10... so the VCR would have to handle one of them. RIP Timmy.

I agree... Big Bang Theory is **** terrible, i hate it. Two and Half Men, had about two and half good episodes, maybe in the first season. Turned aweful after that.

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 » February 28, 2013, 7:15 pm

agree so much with Big Bang theory. worst I have Ever seen.

think two and a half men is pretty ordinary but nowhere near the worst.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.

Fuifui Bradbrad
Ruben Wiki

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad » February 28, 2013, 7:25 pm

Conclusion - Chuck Lorre makes the worst tv shows?

Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii » February 28, 2013, 7:25 pm

Big Bang Theory>Two and a Half Men>Two Broke Girls. At the moment it seems that channel 9 and sitcoms do not mix.

Also, on a side note, can't believe bad words have been said against Friends. That was my childhood :p
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'

Nick
Mal Meninga
Location: The abyss, ive brought a house in the abyss, im getting mail redirected to the abyss

Post by Nick » February 28, 2013, 7:37 pm

Carrie Diaries... i have actually watched an ep, well it was on while i cooked diiner. The wife wanted to try it out. Even she thought it was absolutely **** awful. So you can imagine how little i thought of it

2 and a half men - absolutely awful. As michael said, the fact you can see the punch line coming about 2 minutes in advanced speaks to its writing

Big Bang Theory - I can not understand how anyone with an IQ over 5, can watch this show and find it either funny or entertaining. It's probably the worst show ive ever seen.

Any crime show that has an LA spin off. NCIS - great. NCIS LA - **** awful. CSI - ok. CSI LA - **** embarassingly bad. Law and Order - Good. Law and Order LA - Play in traffic bad... you get the point.

The Good Wife - Seriously. What the **** hell is this **** even about, i cant stand it.

Merlin - What a total embarrassment of a show. The wife and i actually watched the final ep just to make sure it was seriously over. Of course to get through an episode, i had to be hideous drunk so i cant remember what on earth happen but i know it was ****.

The Mentalist - Simon Denny can get ****. He's rubbish and one of the things on my bucket list to to spray paint over his hollywood star with Simon Denny

Bones - It's like the worst kind of crime show. Who ever is involved with that show should be deeply ashamed

Hawaii Five-O (new) - I can not understand how anyone watches that **** from start to finish.

and i guess im done for now
Raiders member no: 4008
Bay 28, Row JJ, Seat 8

greeneyed wrote:Sheens was brought in to build the Cowboys and Tigers. He did both, bringing one a premiership, despite the many injury ridden years of his key playmaker.
^^^
:lol: !

Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii » February 28, 2013, 7:41 pm

Apparently Tony Abbott is a big fan of Downton Abbey. That's enough for it to make the list.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'

Lui_Bon
David Furner

Post by Lui_Bon » February 28, 2013, 8:15 pm

QandA

I'm not sure whether the panellists, host, audience and twitterers would better serve the world as firewood or mulch.

Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael » February 28, 2013, 8:26 pm

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Conclusion - Chuck Lorre makes the worst tv shows?
Chuck Lorre is an evil genius.

freddo
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by freddo » February 28, 2013, 8:30 pm

Truth Beauty and The Freddo Way

Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Austin, Hodgson, Fensom, Vaughan

Post by Green_Hammock » February 28, 2013, 8:53 pm

Two and a Half Men and Big Bang Theory are terrible. I don't understand why people watch those shows.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed » February 28, 2013, 9:57 pm

Nick wrote:Carrie Diaries... i have actually watched an ep, well it was on while i cooked diiner. The wife wanted to try it out. Even she thought it was absolutely **** awful. So you can imagine how little i thought of it

2 and a half men - absolutely awful. As michael said, the fact you can see the punch line coming about 2 minutes in advanced speaks to its writing

Big Bang Theory - I can not understand how anyone with an IQ over 5, can watch this show and find it either funny or entertaining. It's probably the worst show ive ever seen.

Any crime show that has an LA spin off. NCIS - great. NCIS LA - **** awful. CSI - ok. CSI LA - **** embarassingly bad. Law and Order - Good. Law and Order LA - Play in traffic bad... you get the point.

The Good Wife - Seriously. What the **** hell is this **** even about, i cant stand it.

Merlin - What a total embarrassment of a show. The wife and i actually watched the final ep just to make sure it was seriously over. Of course to get through an episode, i had to be hideous drunk so i cant remember what on earth happen but i know it was ****.

The Mentalist - Simon Denny can get ****. He's rubbish and one of the things on my bucket list to to spray paint over his hollywood star with Simon Denny

Bones - It's like the worst kind of crime show. Who ever is involved with that show should be deeply ashamed

Hawaii Five-O (new) - I can not understand how anyone watches that **** from start to finish.

I like that post Nick.

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome » February 28, 2013, 10:59 pm

With that list Nick I agree with all except Big Bang , I do need to get my IQ checked though , but I can say I honestly don't watch the rest , the ads for the shows put me off from watching them.

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 » March 1, 2013, 8:46 am

yeah I can't really add much to this. I'll only catch tiny segments of shows.

the only thing I watch on tv is the news and sport.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.

Albi
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Albi » March 1, 2013, 8:47 am

Nick wrote:Carrie Diaries... i have actually watched an ep, well it was on while i cooked diiner. The wife wanted to try it out. Even she thought it was absolutely **** awful. So you can imagine how little i thought of it

Awesome list. I'm in total agreement
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby » March 1, 2013, 10:30 am

It's reasons like this I'm glad I limit my TV time.

I'd rather be reading or watching a decent movie about a killer robot driving instructor that travels back through time for some reason. His best friend is a talking pie.

Dr Zaius
Laurie Daley

Post by Dr Zaius » March 1, 2013, 10:31 am

I think I've seen that one
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman » March 1, 2013, 10:43 am

dubby wrote:It's reasons like this I'm glad I limit my TV time.

I'd rather be reading or watching a decent movie about a killer robot driving instructor that travels back through time for some reason. His best friend is a talking pie.
Sounds like a real buddy flick.
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders » March 1, 2013, 10:59 am

2 Broke Girls.... i've been forced to mute ads lately.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- » March 1, 2013, 9:58 pm

i'm surprised that noone mentioned the shire (even though that got busted big time for being scripted) and being lara bingle..

I guess they were too obvious..

Two Broke Girls, Survivor (The first like 5 seasons were alright, now its like 25 or some ****), Big Brother, Home and Away, Top Gear Australia..

Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie » March 2, 2013, 4:03 am

Nick wrote:Any crime show that has an LA spin off. NCIS - great. NCIS LA - **** awful. CSI - ok. CSI LA - **** embarassingly bad. Law and Order - Good. Law and Order LA - Play in traffic bad... you get the point.

NCIS is not ok, it's effin awful - I just spend the entire episode wanting to crack the the lead character"Gibbs" over the head with a cricket bat. And that genious "goth" girl who is a whizz on a computer is not too far behind. Terrible show. The more complicated the crime is to solve, the quicker Gibbs is to solve it with a 5 second "ding ding" brain moment and always only after the obvious leads have dried up.

Agree with you on Simon Denny though- smug, arrogant twat who should have been sent packing after A Country Practice.

Michael wins the thread though, with CSI Miami. David Caruso is surely taking the piss with his character Horatio Caine . Worst TV cop in the history of tv, and thats including 'Tom Croydon" from Blue Heelers and the smartest man in the world, the know-it-all "Goren" from Law and Order. I work with a bloke just like him, only he is mostly wrong.

Best TV cop ever is a 3 way toss up between Hank from Breaking Bad, Sipowitz from NYPD Blue and Bunk from The Wire. Can't split them. If I was Oskar Pistorius, I would probably least want Hank leading the investigation against me, however, Bunk (despite his drinking problems) and Sipowitz would get the job done too.

freddo
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by freddo » March 2, 2013, 8:53 am

I'll add Lost to the List also
Truth Beauty and The Freddo Way

-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- » March 2, 2013, 10:51 am

Lost is friggin awesome

Nick
Mal Meninga
Location: The abyss, ive brought a house in the abyss, im getting mail redirected to the abyss

Post by Nick » March 2, 2013, 11:04 am

Begbie wrote: NCIS is not ok, it's effin awful - I just spend the entire episode wanting to crack the the lead character"Gibbs" over the head with a cricket bat. And that genious "goth" girl who is a whizz on a computer is not too far behind. Terrible show. The more complicated the crime is to solve, the quicker Gibbs is to solve it with a 5 second "ding ding" brain moment and always only after the obvious leads have dried up.
NCIS is probably one of my favourite shows. Gibbs and Abby are awesome characters :D
Raiders member no: 4008
Bay 28, Row JJ, Seat 8

greeneyed wrote:Sheens was brought in to build the Cowboys and Tigers. He did both, bringing one a premiership, despite the many injury ridden years of his key playmaker.
^^^
:lol: !