The Video Game Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

freddo
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by freddo »

Just got WWE 13, Looks flashy everthing about it is awesome expect the controls are **** garbage once again,

Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 was good, So was 2011 WWE 12 controls were crap and they still are
Truth Beauty and The Freddo Way
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

What's the career mode like, freddo??

To be honest though, I haven't had a wrestling game in about five years, and I doubt I'd buy another one...
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

The Video Game Thread

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

The_Nickman wrote:What's the career mode like, freddo??

To be honest though, I haven't had a wrestling game in about five years, and I doubt I'd buy another one...
Me too, I loved the SvR Franchise, especially the CAW modes. But once you had to do a career with you CAWS and attribute points were automatically allocated according to what you did in the ring, it lost it for me
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah I loved the Franchise mode where you battled as either Raw or Smackdown and had to pick your cards.

I guess I got that from a heavy love of Soccer manager games back in my uni days when I was generally high (on life of course)
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Anyone know any small stores in Canberra that might sell black ops 2 early? Got absolutely zero plans this weekend, few days too early for it though lol.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Sir Green wrote:And for the third post....

Anybody here play DayZ?

I'm soooooo addicted to this mod (soon to be game).

http://dayzmod.com/?News
I have been playing that a bit lately, massively addictive and massively rage inducing if you get a good life going and drop the ball or a minute or two and get picked off haha
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

Boys Career mode is good, I am current doing the Attitude era "The Rise of DX"
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

Universe mode is basically career mode
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

The Video Game Thread

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Bought the new COD Black Ops , too buggered to play it tonight.

Tomorrow it has to be
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Been playing "The Walking Dead" game, point and click story based but entertaining with moral choices that affect the story over 5 episodes. Downloadable from steam for under $20
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Just played double dragon. It has two player and if you make it to the end you need to kill a huge bloke with a machine gun.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

Freddo or anyone else who has WWE 13, would it be worth my $50-60 bucks? (eBay) I'm not much of a wrestling fan now, most of the current WWE roster is pretty foreign to me but I did buy WWE 12 and enjoy it. Just wondering if the upgrade is substantial enough, the Attitude Era mode looks great, because I started watching then when I was young I love that time in wrestling.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

The Video Game Thread

Post by bonehead »

My ps3 version of league doesn't save footy factory changes or audio changes.
Is this a game fault, me fault or ps3 fault?
I only have the 1 game so don't have anything to compare to
Edrick The Entertainer
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I reinstalled rollercoaster tycoon on my laptop after about 8 years..

God people are Whingers...its too crowded, its boring.. Blah blah
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

The Video Game Thread

Post by Rick »

Anyone been playing Black Ops 2? Is it as good as the first?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

The Video Game Thread

Post by The Nickman »

Tim W wrote:I reinstalled rollercoaster tycoon on my laptop after about 8 years..

God people are Whingers...its too crowded, its boring.. Blah blah
Try putting in some #%^*ing roller-coasters then!!!
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Tru Blu Entertainment announced today that it is set to release new downloadable content (DLC) for the widely popular Rugby League Live 2. The Rugby League Live 2 – 2013 Season Pack will be available for PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360® on 19 June 2013 for fans around the globe.

The Rugby League Live 2 – 2013 Season Pack developed by Melbourne’s, Big Ant Studios will feature 2013 Team Kits, complete player roster updates, addition of new 2013 competitions, 2013 stadia, sponsors and a number of other features and improvements.

"Rugby League Live 2 – 2013 Season Pack will allow fans to experience the 2013 season not only on-field, but also on their screen. We are excited to be able to offer fans a wide range of content to keep their favourite game current”, said Managing Director, Sebastian Giompaolo.

Features of Rugby League Live 2 – 2013 Season Pack include:

# 2013 Team Kits: Telstra Premiership jerseys; Holden State of Origin jerseys; AAMI Country v City Origin jerseys, Holden Cup jerseys, NRL All Stars and Indigenous All Stars jerseys, Holden Kangaroos jerseys and Super League jerseys. Total of 104 new team kits.

# 2013 Roster Updates: Telstra Premiership, Holden State of Origin, AAMI Country v City, Holden Cup, NRL All Stars and Indigenous All Stars, Holden Kangaroos and Super League.

# Career Mode: 2013 Telstra Premiership and 2013 Super League added.

# New 2013 competitions added: Telstra Premiership, Holden State of Origin, AAMI Country v City, Holden Cup, NRL All Stars and Indigenous All Stars, VB Test Match, Super League and World Club Challenge.

# Stadia: New 2013 field markings, updated stadium sponsor hoardings and updated stadium naming rights.

# Footy Factory: All new 2013 content is available for use in team creator.

# Plus other features and improvements.

Rugby League Live 2 – 2013 Season Pack will be available on 19 June 2013 via PlayStation®Network for PlayStation 3 and Xbox LIVE for Xbox 360 for around $12.

http://www.hes.net/newsite/generic.php? ... st=rll2dlc
SirMcSquid
David Furner

Post by SirMcSquid »

Awesome!
banner reluctantly created by fistinz

Member - #8231
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Sony just killed Microsoft at E3 today
Baywatch
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by Baywatch »

PrimetimeRaider wrote:Sony just killed Microsoft at E3 today
It would seem not having the ability to share games is a dealbreaker. Half the games ive played I reckon I borrowed from mates.

I think PS4 will win the launch, but over time Xbox One will just keep getting more exclusives. Surely the game developers would stand to make more money with Microsoft and their exclusivity, pay to share campaign which sucks.

No backwards compatability on either console sucks, but the prices are way better then I expected.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

With the rll2 update we would have close to a full sponsored kit again seeing local liquor is on the shorts now
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

I am considering getting a PS4, despite really liking my 360.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It pisses me off regardless of what I get I have to restart my games collection...
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Tim W wrote:It pisses me off regardless of what I get I have to restart my games collection...
Agree
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

The patch for RLL2 is now available to download on PS3, its 109mb.

You have to download the patch before you get the 2013 DLC which is $12 from the PS Store, its out tomorrow night around 7pm.
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Im still waiting for the RLL2 game to drop a bit in price. It's the only game in Australia that hasn't dropped a cent
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

The DLC for RLL2 is now up at the PS Store - $11.75, its been up for Xbox all day I think.

The game has improved, it feels a lot more smooth, the passing is great, you can hit a lead runner with a short ball and he goes threw the gap, I put up a few bombs and your players have time to contest it this time, that was against Parra :lol: Milford is in the game but in the 20's squad, you can put him the nrl squad though, his stats are below par but I'm sure they will improve in a franchise.
deeman82
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by deeman82 »

Anyone play BF3 on PC on here??
or Planetside2.

How cool is Titanfall going to be, looks pretty Epic.
Raiders member no: 6124
Bay 72, Row V, Seat 19
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I play on Xbox.. My laptop isn't powerful enough to play it with good graphics
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Don Bradman Cricket 14 is Big Ant’s Big Honour

“The Bradman name comes with incredible responsibility” are the succinct words of Big Ant Studios CEO Ross Symons in today announcing that their cricket game will bear the name of the greatest ever cricket player, under license from the Bradman Foundation in Bowral.

Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) will join Big Ant Studios as publisher for Don Bradman Cricket 14 with a release on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PCs later this year. HES Managing Director Sebastian Giompaolo describes the use of Bradman’s name as an honour,

It is indeed an honour to be able to bring the greatest player to a technology savvy generation of fans in what promises to be the greatest cricket game of all time.

Big Ant Studios have been working hard on this title for four years and we at HES are really excited with what they have been able to achieve. It is far superior to any cricket game in the market.

The development team at Big Ant Studios also recognise the weight the name will carry for them, with CEO Ross Symons commenting ‐
The entire Big Ant Studios team understand that with the Bradman name comes incredible responsibility, we are all sincerely dedicated to bringing Cricket fans from all nations the Cricket gaming experience of their lives. We consider it the greatest of honours to develop the game that bears the name of the best player of all time, Bradman.

Historical kit items, a sepia tone filter and Don Bradman’s likeness in the game will allow players to recreate his record-breaking career, while the game’s career mode will let them chart their own path through the ranks to International glory.

Other game features confirmed so far include,

# Unique Batting and Bowling Controls, giving full 360 Shot control and Line and Length
delivery without pitch markers.

# A fully featured fielding system that allows you to run down the ball and slide to prevent a
Four, catch a high ball on the boundary rope, or knock down the stumps to take a vital run
out. You are always involved in the play at every stage of the game!

# Ball Physics giving realistic Edges, bat pad catches and movement off the pitch.

# A complete player physics system with individual attributes including weight and height ‐
imagine running in a 2 metre bowler to delivery that perfect bouncer!

# Appeal and Electronic Review system allowing for the first time challenges of the umpires
decision.

# Practice Nets, Hone your skills to perfection before taking to the field.

# Dynamic time of day, Weather System and Pitch Degradation that are based on real world
data with effects occurring in real-time throughout a days・ play.

# The Cricket Academy, allowing for unparalleled customisation of your Cricket experience,
creating Teams, players, Tours, Competitions, Match Types and even Umpires.

# More than 4000 Community created Players and teams ready to download and use in game.

# An online Save system that lets you continue your match whenever you want with online
opponents.

More details on Don Bradman Cricket 14 will be announced over the coming month, so until then you can discuss this announcement in our forums or keep updated with the latest cricket games news on our Twitter feed.

http://www.planetcricket.net/articles/2 ... ig-honour/
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

DRS.. that will be interesting that they will have programmed it to be wrong occasionally
Please
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Please »

This game sounds alright for a cricket game!
Well, at least Jack got paid.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Millsy wrote:The DLC for RLL2 is now up at the PS Store - $11.75, its been up for Xbox all day I think.

The game has improved, it feels a lot more smooth, the passing is great, you can hit a lead runner with a short ball and he goes threw the gap, I put up a few bombs and your players have time to contest it this time, that was against Parra :lol: Milford is in the game but in the 20's squad, you can put him the nrl squad though, his stats are below par but I'm sure they will improve in a franchise.
oh it actually improved the game?? Might have to grab it to get back into games and tide me over till gta 5!
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

The last cricket game i got was Ricky Ponting 2005. Was fun to play, but you couldnt run out the opposition, lacked realistic features and didnt have an automatic skip bowling function (which should be the absolute first feature of every cricket game)